Ride of Your Life

Ride of Your Life

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Seventeen-year-old Tracy Miller met the love of her life...thirty years after her own death.

Tracy was working at the House of Horrors at the Amazing Lands Theme Park when the fire broke out. Instead of running, she lost her life trying to save eleven-year-old Mack. Now thirty years have passed, and suddenly everything changes with the arrival of two new ghosts: a little g...more
Published May 30th 2012 by Createspace (first published May 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ride of Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ride of Your Life

Stina Rubio
SYNPOSIS: Seventeen-year-old Tracy Miller met the love of her life....thirty years after her own death.
Tracy was working at the house of horrors at the Amazing Land Theme Park when the fire broke out. Instead of running, she lost her life trying to save eight-year-old Mack. Now thirty years have passed, and suddenly everything changes with the arrival of two new ghost: a little girl names Ashley and a cute seventeen-year-old boy named Josh.
Josh would do anything for Tracy,but can he help her let...more
Melanie
Excellent... read it till 2 am with tears streaming down my face!
Beverly Ovalle
Ride of your life was a really interesting book. At first I wondered if I was going to like it. I really did. It is an unusual book. I’m not quite sure what I was expecting but I can tell you it wasn’t what I got. I was just a little weirded out at first. The beginning of the book was a bit brutal for me. Not graphic or anything like that, just touching on a paranoid mom’s fears of what could happen when you let your children out of your sight!

But that was just to get the story flowing!

The story...more
Allana Kephart
Originally posted on "a href="http://lissalynnsreviews.blogspot.com..."

Ride of Your Life by Shevi Arnold is a fictional story based on a real life tragedy. It is based on the Six Flags Great Adventure Haunted Castle fire, but instead of that it is about three teenagers, Tracy, Mack and Josh, and little 6-year-old Ashley. Ride of Your Life follows this gang in a bittersweet love story about loss, love and drama.

Now to gushing--I was crying like a baby in the first chapter and on the edge of my se...more
Marie
Tracy und Mack spuken seit 30 Jahren in einem Vergnügungspark. Andere Geister kommen und gehen, aber die zwei bleiben im Park.
Dann kommen Josh und Ashley bei einer Fahrt in einer Kinderbahn ums Leben und alles ändert sich für Tracy und Mack. Josh verliebt sich in Tracy. Tracy wiederum geht vollkommen darin auf, sich um die kleine Ashley zu kümmern. Und Mack hat erst seinen Spaß, aber dann kommen weniger attraktive Charakterzüge des 11-jährigen zum Vorschein.

Ich hatte den Anfang des Buches in ein...more
Tonja Drecker
This one falls into my 'simply a nice, sweet read' category. There isn't much action or adventurous suspense, but there doesn't have to be to grab a reader's attention.

Tracy is a ghost, stuck at an eternal seventeen in an amusement park with the ghost of a younger boy named Mack. But when another horrid accident causes two more deaths, she and Mack get company from another teenager, Josh, and a little girl, Ashley. Both Josh and Ashley should continue into the light (heaven), but Josh refuses t...more
Jennifer R  Ricketts
I received a copy of this book for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

Ride of Your Life was a cute and fun book to read. The cover immediately caught my eye; I LOVE roller coasters, and now I'm even more excited for summer than I already am! This is a perfect time of year to read this book.

I liked Tracy even though she takes care of everyone but herself. She made the decision to stay with Mack at the Amazing Land theme park rather than go into the light. She's only going to go when...more
Cassandra Javier
I really, really enjoyed this book. I didn't think I will but even just from the first couple of pages, I already knew that it was going to be good. It's not your usual love story. It's a story that will touch your heart and maybe make you appreciate your life more--or at least, appreciate life itself, in general. Plus,it was fun and easy to read and that's why I like it.
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Amy Fournier
Amy Fournier marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Saša
Saša added it
May 25, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
May 10, 2014
Jess Gofton
Jess Gofton marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Megan Weiss
Megan Weiss marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Melissa Simmons
Melissa Simmons marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Book
Book is currently reading it
Oct 12, 2013
Mei Baas
Mei Baas marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
Haley
Haley marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
Inez
Inez marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Christina Lashley
Christina Lashley marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2013
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Shevi Arnold writes funny. She can't help it. She's been writing funny since she was a kid, cracking up her class and her teachers with her humorous essays.

In high school she studied sitcoms when she was supposed to be doing her homework, and in college she took a couple of courses in comedy and clowning, as part of her degrees in English Literate and Theater Studies. She just had to find out wha...more
More about Shevi Arnold...
Why My Love Life Sucks Dan Quixote: Boy of Nuevo Jersey Toren the Apprentice's Tale Toren the Teller's Tale Beautiful Dangerous Love- Teen Sampler