Start by marking “Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)

Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky 0.5)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  7,513 ratings  ·  725 reviews
Before Perry and Aria, there was Roar and Liv.

After a childhood spent wandering the borderlands, Roar finally feels like he has a home with the Tides. His best friend Perry is like a brother to him, and Perry's sister, Liv, is the love of his life. But Perry and Liv's unpredictable older brother, Vale, is the Blood Lord of the Tides, and he has never looked kindly on Roar
Published October 30th 2012 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Roar and Liv, please sign up.

Sylvia Yes. There are several details that are revealed through out the series in this book. I would advise reading this after completing the whole trilogy.
Free Four by Veronica RothDestroy Me by Tahereh MafiHana by Lauren OliverGlitches by Marissa MeyerSummer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
YA Short Stories and Novellas
11th out of 508 books — 1,002 voters
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareOpal by Jennifer L. ArmentroutThe Elite by Kiera CassBelonging by Karen Ann HopkinsSeptember Again by Hunter S. Jones
New Cover Revealed
20th out of 162 books — 171 voters

More lists with this book...

Lola
**2.5 stars**
‘‘Can’t you be away from me even a few hours?’’ Liz whispers in my ear.
I pull her closer. The way she feels against me makes my heart stop. ‘‘Of course not.’’
‘‘Me either.’’ She plants a kiss on my cheek and darts away before I can kiss her back, leaving me smiling at the darkness.

description

I was truly very surprised by how cheesy the romance was. YA is filled with it but, after reading Under the Never Sky and ABSOLUTELY loving the romance—was exciting and a slow burn one, I sure expected thi
Stacia (the 2010 club)

"You're killing me, Liv. Whatever it is, just tell me. What's in your heart?"
"You are," she says.
She tells me again, silently.

Is it Valentine's day yet? Because I feel like I just took a ride on the romance train. Perhaps this is why I broke out of my foreboding theme from the first two books reviewed, in favor of something a little more "before the shit hit the fan." Choo-choo?

I wish that I had read Roar and Liv before book 2. Let me clarify that there is technically no "right" time to read
Brodie
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE. I want MOOOOOOOOOOOOORE. And that two chapter sample of Through The Ever Night? I repeat: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!! *sits in corner and wails*

Also: PERRY AND ROAR <3
Keertana
I know this is called Roar and Liv, but more than anything, I think it gave me an incredible amount on insight into Perry. Seriously. We don't realize how much Perry really suffers or realize just how modest he is because this guy never gives himself the credit he deserves. In Under the Never Sky we can see how worthy, pure, and kind Perry is from Aria's perspective, but in Roar and Liv, we get to see how much Roar admires Perry for his strength, resilience, and courage. We know Perry and Roar l ...more
Brigid
Oct 31, 2012 Brigid rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoyed Under the Never Sky
There's something about Veronica Rossi's writing that makes me want to snuggle it to my chest and roll around in the feels.

I mean:

"I twist away, pulling her with me, and the battle begins. We roll over each other, tumbling, wrestling, tangling in the sand until my hands find her hands and my lips find her lips and then we slow. We slow and slow and slow until we move together as one."

How can that be anything less than amazing?

katnissbraid.
20.03.13
vi amo, infinitamente.

1.09.2012
WH-WH-WHAAAT?.

*fangirling so hard*.
ROAR AND LIV?.

i think i just found i new reason to live until 30th October. OH GOD. Thank you Veronica, thank you so much.

Laura YA indie princess
I will read anything from this series. I can't to read more about Roar and Liv. Edit 30th Oct 2012 I freaking loved it. So good to be back in this world makes me want book #2 even more. Only downside I wished it had been a full length novel because Roar and Liv rock!!!!
QiJia 치쟈
I'll give her time, but I won't give up. Ever.

This isn't enough! Just isn't enough!!!

I'm swooning and heartbroken!

Roar and Liv deserve their own full story :(

I've already read the first two books,and now after reading this 0.5 novella.... because I know what happened later, my emotions are higher and I'm just so torn up!

I feel really really really sad all over again for Roar :'(

Roar is one of my favourite characters in Under the Never Sky, absolutely love him(probably even more than Perry).
Brooke
I have to say that I had forgotten how much I really loved Rossi's characters. Reading this short story just gets me even more in the mood for Through The Ever Night! Once I started reading this story, I devoured it. I could not put it down and was done with it in a very short time!

This is the story of Liv and Roar. Yup, before there was Perry and Aria, there was Live and Roar. And there romance is palpable and real, heartbreaking and overwhelming.

Rossi takes us on the journey of their love from
Kim
That. Was. Perfect! To see Roar and Perry (and Liv) pre-Under the Never Sky. I can't get enough of this series.

I've always loved Roar, he's a character full of emotion: love, longing, protectiveness. I loved seeing the story of his greatest love from his point-of-view. It was incredible.

What's even better is we get to see a lot of Perry and there's nothing I love more in this series than Perry. It was fun to see him through Roar's eyes and the bond between the two of them is something I can't
Lalaine *myficbookreviews*
Nov 30, 2012 Lalaine *myficbookreviews* rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Under the Never Sky and also ROAR
MUST-READ!
OK, I will make this review short and sweet. It's official, I am madly inlove with Roar right now. *fangirlscream* OMG! I think I just betrayed Perry, oh hell! It's Roar's point of view anyway and the spotlight is on him. So yes my lovely readers, this is a must-read short novella, fans of Under The Never Sky and more importantly, Roar's mustn't miss this.

This book will take you back from before there is Aria and Perry. Ofcourse there is Brooke and Perry first. I know, I know, I felt a
Annie Brewer
I'm so in love with this series. I love everything about it. I love Roar. I love Liv, now that I've met her. I still don't care for Brooke and that wont change so long as she tries to snag Perry. And of course, I HEART Peregrine. Perry. Savage. Outsider. Whatever he is. I just love him. I loved seeing Perry through Roar's eyes. I love being in this crazy futuristic world. It's very realistic.

This was a fun novella. It was too short but enough to please me. Veronica Rossi has a new fan out of me
Susi
Edit del 1/08/2013
Presente una mini recensione anche sul Blog http://bookishadvisor.blogspot.it

_______________

Veronica Rossi è un genio. Roar è di sicuro uno dei personaggi più belli di cui io abbia mai letto. Dolce, leale, sincero, amorevole, forte, umile e potrei continuare all'infinito. Sono contenta di aver deciso di leggere questa Trilogia, non me ne pentirò mai, ne vale la pena solo per leggere di Roar.
Contentissima di aver avuto modo di conoscere meglio anche Liv, lei si che è una forza d
Natasha (books_n_dreams)
Roar and Liv, their novella is really sweet and tender. You end up truly believing in the love they have for each other, cause it's very intense. I did enjoy this novella (of course like all of them I wish it was longer).

We get to really understand who Roar is in this book and I'm glad I read this after the first two books because it gives much more clarity about him. I do love Roar and this just makes me even more after seeing the way he felt for Liv.
Sarah (saz101)
Amazing. Somehow bleaker than UtNS ever felt to me, but wonderful.
It's lovely and heartbreaking seeing Roar and Liv's story, but as the lovely Keertana points out, it also provides wonderful insight into Perry.

Really enjoyed Roar's first person for a change, also.
Vilda
Oh, how I missed this world and Rossi's writing! So wonderful. I loved getting to know Roar better, but also Liv and Perry. Their little family was wonderful and I hate that it was so ruined by Vale--I'm still not a fan of that man...

And the two chapters for Through the Ever Night... *sigh* Only two days left now!
Melissak
Oct 10, 2012 Melissak marked it as to-read
PRE-ORDERED!! I 'loved' the first one. It was unique, the characters were well written, and I was consumed from start to finish in the first one. I cannot wait for this prequel! *Dances.*
Kassidy
I love Roar so much!
My heart is in pieces though...
Amber
Love. Review to come. Yes Debbie!!!! I screamed!!!! Lol
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
They say that your heart is the size of your fist. I have very small hands. My thoughts after finishing Roar and Liv’s novella were something along like this: “I think I [just] broke my already tiny heart into a million, even smaller pieces. What kind of a cruel joke is this???” I loved being inside Roar’s head and seeing his POV on things. His relationship with Perry got a whole new meaning and this one quote made me smile while at the same time want to sob like crazy:

Perry looks right at me. "
Amelia
Originally posted on The Authoress: Book Review and More.

This was...amazing. I don't know if I would necessarily recommend this to someone who has yet to read Under the Never Sky, simply because the story is set up under the assumption the reader knows what is what and who is who, etc. However, if you've read Under the Never Sky and loved it, I have a strong conviction that you'll love this, too. Roar was a beloved character in Under the Never Sky for many readers, so given that this novella is
Ferdy
Spoilers

-Roar and Liv's story.

-Roar and Liv were fairly likeable and interesting characters in the first book, so I was expecting good things from this, unfortunately this was rubbish.

-Roar had no charm, personality or attitude — all he did was whinge about his wuv for Liv and bitch about Liv's evul brother. He was all talk — instead of fighting for Liv and following through with his threats, he just let everyone walk all over him. There seems to be a fine line between an alpha bastard and a wea
Rika - (The Unpretentious Reader)
I can't forgive Vale.
I hate Vale.

I applaud Liv for doing what she has to do.

I ache for Perry with a bleeding heart.

I hope for Roar like nothing else.
Roar.. I just know there's even more to Roar background story.. and can't wait to know what it is.

but to say the truth.. it's the sneak peek of Through the ever Night that got me all hyped up. All the possibilities and all the troubles that are coming no way. oh boy.. none of them is going to have an easy time out of it.

This book cooled some of the
Meg
I loved Roar in Under the Never Sky, but reading Roar and Liv definitely reinforced those feelings.

I feel like the best way to summarize my thoughts on this one would be in a two-part review. So here we go.

Part 1- Roar & Liv

Oh. My. Gosh. YOU GUYS. Seriously these two are adorable. I started feeling all mushy from the very beginning and it only got better from there.

Liv is pretty kick ass. And Roar? Well he's amazing. His love for Liv is all consuming and it comes across in every one of Ross
There will be a few spoilers from Under the Never Sky.

I like e-novellas that can give us more insight into some of the characters from the series.

Roar and Liv is a prequel to Under The Never Sky.

It did take me a minute to remember the story in Under the Never Sky. Since I read it 9-10 months ago (and have read 80+ books since). But once my memory was refreshed I was right back into the story. And as soon as I started reading about Roar and Liv (Perry's best friend and Perry's sister) I knew I wa
Johan Patrick Sy

Details: 2stars
Provoking: 4stars
Action Scenes: 3stars
Suspense: 3stars
Conclusion: 3stars
Emotion: 3stars

Therefore
Welcome to another young Adult novel. Under The Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi. What can I say? This is good for a novella. I read novellas from
Rachel
“She's mine.

Liv is mine.”

Poor Roar. My heart is absolutely breaking for him... more so because I know what happens at the end of Through the Ever Night.

“This girl. She’s all I see.”

Is there ANY chance for a happily ever after with them!? I hope so. Roar is one of my all time favorite secondary characters- he is just everything. I do know one thing- I HATE Vale with a passion. Even more than before. And that's saying something.

“Liv is a force. She is fierce.”

Liv. I really love her too. So sassy
Anabel (inthebookcorner)
Such a good Novella. I LOVE Roar and Liv now. And I love the friendship between Roar and Perry even more. These characters are just amazing, now to move on to Through the Ever Night :D
Nicola
Oh how I love Roar. I loved this being from Roar's perspective. I want more from him!

I enjoyed having an insight into his relationship with Liv before Vale sold her to Sable. They were so cute together. It was interesting to find out more about Vale too as we only really got snippets about his evilness. Evil doesn't even seem like a strong enough word to describe him. It made me wish that (view spoiler)
Aditi

Roar is a fan favorite and I love him. I would have loved him even if he wasn't a fan favorite. There are no conditions applied. And that's precisely the nature of the romantic entanglement that is Roar and Liv. They love each other - without a breath of hesitation. They have always loved each other.

This is not their love story per
Online? 4 36 May 11, 2013 09:47PM
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • Endurance (Razorland, #1.5)
  • Isolation (Partials Sequence #0.5)
  • Bridge of Snow (Winner's Trilogy, #0.5)
  • The Witch of Duva (The Grisha, #0.5)
  • Glitter & Doom (Masque of the Red Death, #1.5)
  • Radiant (Unearthly, #2.5)
  • The Shadow Cats (Fire and Thorns, #0.5)
  • Origins: The Fire (MILA 2.0, #0.5)
  • Neverfall (Everneath, #1.5)
  • Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Phoenix Overture (Newsoul, #2.5)
  • Raven (Delirium, #2.5)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #0.5)
  • Outcast (Defiance 0.5)
  • Ruled (Birthmarked, #2.5)
Veronica Rossi's debut novel, UNDER THE NEVER SKY, will be published in over twenty-five international markets, starting on January 3rd 2012 in the United States. Film rights to the trilogy have been optioned by Warner Bros.

More about Veronica Rossi...

Under the Never Sky (3 books)
  • Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2) Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3) Brooke (Under the Never Sky, #2.5) Under the Never Sky: The Complete Series Collection: Under the Never Sky, Roar and Liv, Through the Ever Night, Brooke, Into the Still Blue

“The wise ask questions, Perry. The weak doubt.” 44 likes
“Liv or love?" she asks. I brush her hair away from her neck and rest my hand there, feeling the beating of her pulse. "Either," I answer. "They're the same to me.” 38 likes