Start by marking “Circling the Waggins: How 5 Misfit Dogs Saved Me from Bewilderness” as Want to Read:
Circling the Waggins: How 5 Misfit Dogs Saved Me from Bewilderness

Circling the Waggins: How 5 Misfit Dogs Saved Me from Bewilderness

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A dog lover's true life adventure: Two middle aged women maneuver through one unexpected pet debacle after another in a rugged and isolated cabin in a National Park. They emerge from a dark and difficult time as they discover that even the tiniest of lives is precious; heartache and joy go hand-in-hand, and love is an eternal circle of wagging tails.
Published July 20th 2012 by Barking Planet Productions (first published July 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Circling the Waggins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Circling the Waggins

Dewey by Vicki MyronMarley and Me by John GroganHomer's Odyssey by Gwen CooperOogy by Larry LevinAlex & Me by Irene M. Pepperberg
Animal Memoirs
98th out of 161 books — 145 voters
A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce CameronIf I Should Die Before My Dog -- by Joe ConnollyThe Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth SteinMarley and Me by John GroganThe Call of the Wild by Jack London
Dog Lovers
283rd out of 357 books — 483 voters

More lists with this book...

Jennifer Priester
I really loved this book, and at this time, 4/17/13, Circling the Waggins is my favorite nonfiction book as well as one of the best books I have ever read!
Although there are some sad moments, much of the book is really funny. I love how the book is told in present tense as if everything is happening now and brings you right into the moment with the author.
I found myself able to identify with many of the problems and joys the author has with her pets throughout the book. While I was reading I o
Lianne Simon
Circling the Waggins warmed this cat lover's heart.

It's not a literary masterpiece, but if there's any animal lover in you, read this book. Cayr treats her pets the way many of us would like to--with the self-sacrificial love we often don't even show to other humans.

The author presents a first-hand account of her relationships with rescue animals over the years. Raising the little ones. Taking care of the sick, the infirm, and the aged. Mourning the dead. A little help and a lot of love from her
Jul 17, 2012 Cayr added it  ·  (Review from the author)
More than twenty years of performing pet rescues could wear anyone down. Especially when the pets that end up being permanent residents in your home are the most irascible, insane and ridiculously un-adoptable pets known to man.

That’s the premise of Circling the Waggins; How 5 Misfit Dogs Saved Me from Bewilderness by C.A.Wulff, released from Barking Planet Productions.

Circling the Waggins follows two middle aged women as they maneuver through one unexpected pet debacle after another in a
Bob Tarte
There’s a lot more to living with dogs than wet noses and going walkies. Cayr Ariel Wulff entertainingly chronicles the rocky flip side of pet care in "Circling the Waggins," a heroic tale of triumph over turmoil and exhaustion. Wulff and her companion Dalene take in the misfits that have defeated lesser souls, including genius behemoth Waldo – a 75-pound golden/boxer mix with equal parts brains and brawn – an exuberant but mentally challenged Shih-tzu/Chihuahua named Rocket Boy, plus three more ...more
This book is for anyone who is a pet person, especially a dog person. It's always nice to read about how crazy other people are with their dogs to know that you are still considered completely sane in this realm of dog ownership. I didn't like the comment about spaying and neutering. Yes we have pet over population, yes we have puppy mills, yes there are loads of irresponsible breeders, and most dogs and cats should be spayed or neutered.
The quote on the very last page is so true and wonderful.
This is an intimate, honest, and touching journey of the heart as told by a dedicated pet-loving woman. Cayr Ariel Wulff shares her experiences, concerns and deep emotions with the reader.

The setting is a cabin-home in a national park forest. The characters are several adopted dogs, cats, and, for a while, domestic mice -- and two compassionate women. From the snows of winter, to the Halloween costume parades, this is a world founded on the love of dogs.

The candor and honesty of this biography i
Kelly Meister
In this heart-warming sequel to her debut memoir (Born Without a Tail), C.A. Wulff describes in hilarious detail the gang of animals who color her world and keep her sane. From lovable mutt Waldo (one of five dogs!) who appears to be both a dunce and a genius, to the trio of cats who try her patience by leaving their mark (and their footprints) in all the wrong places, to the rapidly-multiplying rescued feeder mice that she finds herself emotionally attached to, Wulff’s deft writing touch makes ...more
Really enjoyed this book about this misfit author and her experience with her misfit pets. It's both funny and sad, but I found myself laughing more often than not. Liked this book much better than her first book, and came away from it feeling like I knew all the pets myself.
Delightful, especially for animal lovers, but an absolute MUST READ for dog owners and anyone who is thinking about adding a dog to the family.
Richard Stephens
Cayr's story is proof that through love and laughter, animals can heal the human mind and body.
nice read for an animal lover.
Kathy Govreau
I absolutely LOVED this book!
Sep 11, 2013 Karen added it
I really enjoyed this book, and I was happy to read about more than just cars and dogs. The mice were definitely interesting. The author goes above and beyond for her pets. I'm glad there are rescue people out there like this.
Friends Planet
Very disappointed.I found this book poorly written and not insightful. Did not get the sense that the love for pets was genuine and the constant reference to her personal issues was overbearing.
LOVED this book. These ladies love dogs as much as we do. I saw myself in this lady.
Ilana marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
sweden catalogo
sweden catalogo marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Victoria Lester
Victoria Lester marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Mary Hartbarger
Mary Hartbarger marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
DJ marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Martin marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
Barb (Boxermommyreads) marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Barbara White
Barbara White marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Trish marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Krista marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Maggie Mines
Maggie Mines marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
All About Animals: Circling The Waggins discussion here... 28 9 May 18, 2013 12:02PM
Promotional offer 1 2 Oct 02, 2012 12:21AM
  • Connected Souls A Dog Story
  • Fowl Weather
  • Heart to Heart, Hand in Paw: How One Woman Finds Faith and Hope Through the Healing Love of Animals
  • The Perfect Companion: Understanding, Training and Bonding with your Dog!
  • An Easy Guide to 40 Common Dog and Cat Health Issues
  • Follow My Lead: What Training My Dogs Taught Me about Life, Love, and Happiness
  • It's Just a Dog
  • Tarra & Bella: The Elephant and Dog Who Became Best Friends
  • The Whole Hog: Exploring the Extraordinary Potential of Pigs
  • Puppies for Sale: $25.00 a Collection of the Best Dog Stories Ever
  • James Herriot: The Life of a Country Vet
  • The Eighties: A Bitchen Time To Be a Teenager!
Cayr Ariel Wulff is a native Ohioan. She is an artist, author and animal advocate, with a graphic design background. She worked in the comic book field as an inker and letterer before authoring three books: Born Without a Tail , and Circling the Waggins: How 5 Misfit Dogs Saved Me From Bewilderness both memoirs of her years in companion animal rescue, and How to Change the World in 30 Seconds: ...more
More about Cayr Ariel Wulff...