Start by marking “The Third Caliph (Rogue Angel #40)” as Want to Read:
The Third Caliph (Rogue Angel #40)

The Third Caliph (Rogue Angel #40)

A holy war. An ancient scroll lost in history…until now.During a dig in Morocco, archaeologist Annja Creed and her companions are nearly buried alive when the khettara ceiling collapses, revealing a 1,300-year-old corpse. But when Bedouin bandits raid the camp, Annja barely escapes with her life…and half of a scroll in ancient Kufic script. Her companions' survival now dep ...more
Published January 2nd 2013 by Gold Eagle

To ask other readers questions about The Third Caliph, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Third Caliph

Magdelanye
It was only after I got it home and did some research that I realized that this book is one of a mega-series I had never noticed. It didnt make too much difference as the premises are outlined, but perhaps I might have benefited from some familiarity with the main characters, if only to facilitate bonding,which did occur but not immediately: THESE CHARACTERS ARE A BIT OVER THE TOP, and they kill when they see the need.

The opening few chapters are clumsy,packing in a lot of information and intrig
Kathy Davie
Aug 02, 2013 Kathy Davie rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Fortieth in the Rogue Angel urban fantasy series revolving around Annja Creed, independent archeologist and avenger of wrongs.

My Take
And again, a conflict and a separation in the faith caused by greed and a desire for power. It’s the same thing today when Almodarresi confronts Thabit about his operations. This story is an elaborate set-up with lots of layers, just so the CIA can get the bad guys. I do love how surprised MacKenzie is with Annja when they get into their first kerfuffle.

I can fee
Shelley
Jul 15, 2012 Shelley rated it liked it
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.0

*My Thoughts*

Annja Creed is a world-traveling archaeologist with a penchant for adventure, lost cities, mysterious codes and puzzles, and shadowy history that was never recorded. As heir to Joan of Arc's mystical broadsword, Annja has gained frenemies in Garin Braden, and former mentor Roux, and a desire to right wrongs. Annja finds herself almost always being drawn into the webs of darkest villainy with lives on the line; most of the time hers.

In the 40th Editio
Jeff Powers
Oct 09, 2015 Jeff Powers rated it liked it
Yet another fun and exciting adventure with Annja. These books have become a guilty pleasure of mine. I expect nothing more from them than to entertain me for a few hours. And they do no disappoint. They are often more intelligent than most summer action films. But the extent of brain power and logic needed for them is pretty minimal. And that is precisely what I want. They are like quick exciting episodes of a big budget tv show and often I find myself binge reading them like they are on Netfli ...more
Monika
Feb 09, 2013 Monika rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who like a strong heroine, action, and history
Recommended to Monika by: no-one
WARNING! CONTAINS SPOILERS!!

Wow, great book! Last few chapters were packed full of action, and really good all in all! I'm gonna give this a 4.3/5 starts, rounded to a 4, because I felt there were some loose ends left. What happened to the CIA and MI-6? Did MacKenzie and Yahya just leave? And MI-6 just gave up? I find this hard to believe. And what happened with Sophie, and Henricks? I know that Garin ransomed Thabit in the end, but there was no conclusion as to what happened with any of the org
Lianne Burwell
May 06, 2013 Lianne Burwell rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure
The latest Rogue Angel book left me conflicted. On the one hand, the story was exciting (although the ending was kind of anti-climactic. That was it?), but Garin and Roux behaved nothing like I would expect from previous books, the whole CIA business was a little ridiculous (not to mention the brief appearance from MI6 to raise one fight scene to the ludicrous level), and I found Annja's thoughts concerning the kidnapped archaeology team a little weird (and what happened to the rest? And where d ...more
Tara (box5angel)
Probably my least favorite of the series so far. I've been reading the series off and since the first book, Destiny. It took me about three tries to get into it last summer and I finally finished it. Too many enemies, "good guys" and to me, I still didn't get some of the plot. I enjoyed other books in the series much more.
Cindy
enjoyed it but it was difficult to pay attention to . Way to many fingers in the pie so to speak. Loved seeing Roux and Garin get involved again tho. Maybe I'm just tired of the series I'm not sure. Still have 10 books left in the series to read so I hope not.
Jessica Clayton
Sep 05, 2014 Jessica Clayton rated it it was amazing
Rogue Angel is my favorite series!!! Absolutely love it!! I listen to the audio book versions in my car especially on my 5 hour trips to drill every month. If you love action, adventure, and of course Super Bad Heroines, then you should check it out!!
Shelley
John Hanscom
Mar 18, 2013 John Hanscom rated it liked it
Actually, about 3 1/2, and unusually bloody, tough the story is OK.
Jotsand Scribbles
I liked that Roux, Garin , and Annja got along towards the end. I always have to read every Rogue Angel book that come out.
Harlequin Books
Category: Suspense
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2013
Dale Lauer
Dale Lauer rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Darren Gilbey
Darren Gilbey rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Andreas Flato
Andreas Flato rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2013
Deborah
Deborah rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Nka300
Nka300 rated it it was ok
Feb 10, 2014
Keikii
Keikii rated it liked it
May 21, 2013
Kathleen Hill
Kathleen Hill rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2014
Patricia Mccammon
Patricia Mccammon rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2015
Dori Frederick
Dori Frederick rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2014
Stephen Deane
Stephen Deane rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Choko
Choko rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2014
Jason Hua
Jason Hua rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Gene Gomberg
Gene Gomberg rated it really liked it
May 10, 2017
Ruby Ridge
Ruby Ridge rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2013
Wicked
Wicked rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2014
Chelsea Johnson
Chelsea Johnson rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Sara's Mates (Sugar Creek #3)
  • Shockscape (Deathlands, #18)
  • Inferno (Destroyers, #2)
  • A Vampire's Vindication  (Vampire, #3)
  • Frostbite (Last Call #5)
  • Falling Ashes (Fire Mage, #3)
  • Exile (The Outcast Chronicles, #2)
  • Prince of Darkness
  • The Vampire Narcise (Regency Draculia, #3)
A house name for the Rogue Angel series, published by the Harlequin Publishing's Gold Eagle division.

The first eight novels were written by Victor Milan and Mel Odom. New writers joining the series starting with book nine include Jon Merz and Joseph Nassise.
More about Alex Archer...

Rogue Angel (1 - 10 of 58 books)
  • Destiny (Rogue Angel #1)
  • Solomon's Jar (Rogue Angel #2)
  • The Spider Stone (Rogue Angel #3)
  • The Chosen (Rogue Angel #4)
  • Forbidden City (Rogue Angel #5)
  • The Lost Scrolls (Rogue Angel #6)
  • God of Thunder (Rogue Angel #7)
  • Secret of the Slaves (Rogue Angel #8)
  • Warrior Spirit (Rogue Angel #9)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Rogue Angel #10)