Start by marking “Creators (Contributor, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Creators (Contributor, #0.5)

Creators (Contributor 0.5)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  9 reviews
When the imminent collapse of the world’s food system threatens to all but eradicate the human race, it’s up to nineteen-year-old Liang Zhang to determine which of his company’s employees will live and which will die.

Liang and the other Job Creators have only weeks to choose which of their staff and families to move into the domes, the last refuges on the barren planet. De
Published July 14th 2012 by NPC Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Creators, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creators

Free Four by Veronica RothDestroy Me by Tahereh MafiHana by Lauren OliverGlitches by Marissa MeyerSummer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
YA Short Stories and Novellas
242nd out of 494 books — 978 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsDate with the Dead by Chris  MyersAnna Dressed in Blood by Kendare BlakeMockingjay by Suzanne Collins
YA Series
12th out of 45 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.5

The food system on Earth is collapsing despite the best efforts of the Job Creators and their staff of Contributors to find ways to feed the masses. The human race is about to be wiped out and the only way to save it is to choose the ones who will be admitted to the newly constructed Domes.

With the death of his father, 19-year-old Liang Zhang’s shoulders now have the unenviable responsibility of choosing who to allow into his company’s Dome. Each family, each person, is evaluated and he must
Elizabeth Darcy
Feb 10, 2014 Elizabeth Darcy added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Creators is a prequel novella to Contributor and Infiltrator, both of which are available now on Amazon. When I wrote Contributor, I hadn't planned on doing a prequel, but I really enjoyed writing Creators as it gave me a chance to shine a light on the way the world is structured without being info-dumpy about it. I admit that I'm not a fan of the infodump, so I try to avoid it in my books as much as possible.

Want notification of when book three in the trilogy releases? Join my mailing list: Nic
Alicia
Creators (Contributor 0.5)

Creators is a prequel to the Contributor series by Nicole Ciacchella. It starts off with a scary realization, and ends with a promise of a great new series. It's a free taste of the world before Contributor, which I've just begin reading after I finished this. I've been spellbound ever since.

This novella really makes you think "what if". There are so many threats today: war, terrorists, disease, asteroids, and more. What if the thing we need to fear the most is somethi
Heather Burks
Really loved this book as well. It gave a LOT of insight into the "dome world". I really hope maybe somehow the characters get a little tied into the Contributor series (if they are still alive I am not sure how much time has passed, I'm not sure if we do know, or if I forgot). It's a really great book though to explain a lot!! Definitely a must read series! I am going to be DYING for #2!!!!
Michael Long
Creators is a prequel to Contributor in which Liang Zhang must struggle with his company's failure to provide enough food for the world. He must make tough decisions that ultimately ends with the creation of the Zhang dome. This is a short, quick read that really shows the turmoil the world went through and what difficult decisions the job creators had to make in dealing with the food collapse and the solution of the domes.

I really enjoyed this and it gave a lot of good backstory to what what s
Doris Marcantel
SO GOOD!

SO GOOD!

Absolutely enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more about the domes and what happens to the dome inhabitants and those left outside!
(Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk)

I just read this, but I can’t say much of it really went in. This was basically a short story about evaluating people to determine who would be of greatest worth in the domes, in a necessary culling of people, as the domes would only be able to support a certain number. It was literally a case of get rid, or everybody dies. Other than that though, I didn’t really pick much up. It went in, and right back out again.
5 out of 10.
Katy
I loved this prequel. It gives a very realistic depiction of how people (both in charge and on the street) would react to a horrible realization such as not having enough food. It must be tough to make such hard decisions and I don't envy the Creators in this novel. I'm excited to read book one!
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Alexandria
Alexandria marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Nicole Ortiz
Nicole Ortiz marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Nikki Vanderhoof
Nikki Vanderhoof marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Chino
Chino marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Kindlegirl
Kindlegirl marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Twilightwatchers
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Deron
Deron marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Sherry Fundin
Sherry Fundin marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Deane Lingenfelter
Deane Lingenfelter marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Mallory Heart Reviews
Mallory Heart Reviews marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Kenneth
Kenneth marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Combine editions request for Creators 3 22 Mar 03, 2013 07:00AM
Goodreads Authors...: Creators is free on Amazon today! 1 3 Sep 07, 2012 12:09PM
Nicole also publishes under the pen names Elizabeth Darcy and Anne Wentworth.

Nicole has had a lifelong passion for the written word. As a child, one of her most treasured Christmas gifts was an electric typewriter, which enabled her to crank out her stories even more quickly than she could with a pen. Naturally, the personal computer is one of her favorite inventions. When she isn't writing, Nicol
More about Nicole Ciacchella...

Contributor (3 books)
  • Contributor (Contributor, #1)
  • Infiltrator (Contributor, #2)
  • Instigator (Contributor, #3)
Starstruck Contributor (Contributor, #1) Infiltrator (Contributor, #2) Instigator (Contributor, #3) Derailed