Start by marking “Playing for Keeps/Body Check (Rules of the Game, #1)” as Want to Read:
Playing for Keeps/Body Check (Rules of the Game, #1)

Playing for Keeps/Body Check (Rules of the Game #1)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  140 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Nick Dante, number one pitcher for the California Condors, moves back to his native Brooklyn after an injury in the last game of the season. Once he discovers his ex-wife, Jenna has also moved back to New York, he has a singular intent - find out why Jenna divorced him in the first place.

Jenna Valentine can’t but still pine for the man who was the love of her life. But wha...more
Published June 26th 2012 by Amazon (first published June 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Playing for Keeps/Body Check, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing for Keeps/Body Check

Angela Aaron
Romance author Heather Peters hits it out of the ballpark with her latest double-header release. Ms. Peters expertly combines her love of sports with her talent for writing romance with two dynamic novellas under one cover. "Playing For Keeps" and "Body Check" are book one in her anthology "Rules of the Game" series.

"Playing for Keeps" and "Body Check" are both romantic tales of hunky sport superstars and their quest for love. In "Playing for Keeps," baseball pitcher Nick Dante is desperate to r...more
Tonileg
I love a second chances romance specially if it started in high school, it is my favorite flavor of delicious romance. Playing for Keeps stars Nick Dante, baseball pitcher in California (does it matter what team? I don't know many of them and none on the west coast!) His first love is also his childhood love, Jenna Valentine who is an Italian-American. The two of them grew up in Brooklyn, New York city and by chance Nick (Nico to Jenna) sees a cooking show on TV with Jenna talking about her new...more
Guilty Pleasures
Lee's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

3.5 Stars

Playing For Keeps:
What is sexier than a 6’3 Italian baseball star?? A 6’3 Italian baseball star that refuses to let go of his woman. I don’t know about you but I’ll take an intense man any day of the week!

In Playing For Keeps we meet Nick and Jenna, two people who fell in love at an early age but unexpected circumstances have kept these two apart. It was heartbreaking to read what Nick and Jenna had to go through during the years they...more
Sherri Hayes
I'm giving this book 3.5 stars, although its close.

This is a book of two short stories, both involving athletes. I liked both stories, but I didn't love either of them. Now, with that said, I will point out that if the last 1/4 of each story would have been written differently, then I would probably have rated this book with a 4 or a 4 1/2. So what was wrong with the endings? They both felt forced to me. In the last book what happened almost completely turned me off the hero, but I have to add t...more
Ashley
DNF on both stories after one chapter each. I had hoped for cute sports romance stories, but the clunky phrasing and the multiple grammar and punctuation errors dashed my hopes quickly. Please get an editor or at the very least, use a spell and grammar check program prior to putting your product out there! No matter how good the story is (and these weren't great), I can't get into it when I'm so distracted by unnecessary errors.
Margaret Sholders
I looked over this book when I saw it was sports oriented.I knew it was a romance book so I took a chance and got it. I started reading and I was hooked. The characters were so real and from that point on I couldn't put it down. I haven't read this author before so I had no idea how she wrote. I will be sure to add her to my list of favorite authors. If you need a good short read this in one to try. Enjoy!
BrnEyesTX
I really wanted to love this book..but I felt it moved to fast and they were rushed. They fell to fast and then weeks few by with explanations. Great for a quick read . but she had so much to work ...it could have been good long read.
Jen_C
Note to all men: "What do you think of a June wedding?" is NOT an appropriate or romantic proposal.

Playing for keeps - 3 stars.

Body Check - 4 stars.
Chanpreet
This book is made of two short stories. I really feel if these books had been longer and fleshed out they would've been 4 or 5 star stories.
Amanda Brown
Two sports themed romances, they were okay reads, it needed more though. Overall they were just okay for me, could have been better I thought.
Molly
This was my 1st Heather Peters book and it won't be my last! LOVED both stories:)
April Mckaskle
Cute read wish they were longer but still enjoyed them both
Julianna
More like 3.5 stars for me. It was a good quick read.
Sherry Sweeney
2 stories in one book.... not a bad story line.
Colleen
Great, quick read. two short novellas in one!
Lindsey
Amazon (ebook) freebie 2/16/13
Tammy
2 cute short read books in one.
Downward dog
Good sports romance books!
Victoria Newman
Lindsay
Jan 12, 2013 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Amazon Freebie 01/12/2013
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Dawn Fravel
Dawn Fravel marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Merge Editions Please 6 155 Oct 30, 2012 09:18AM
  • Hardball (Philadelphia Patriots, #2)
  • In It To Win It (Deadlines & Diamonds, #2)
  • Loving Control (Club Rio Brava, #1)
  • The Auction
  • Kiss of the Phantom (Phantom, #3)
  • Iced Romance
  • Ready to Rumble (Love of the Game, #1)
  • Gift of Desire
  • Agents Under Fire
  • The Long Road Home
  • Reckless
  • A Taste of Romance
  • Too Close for Comfort (Loveswept)
  • Taking Charge
  • Branded for You (Riding Tall, #1)
  • Cowboy-Sexy
  • Hired (Hot Ice, #1)
  • Hero of her Heart
A New York Native, Heather Peters has been a hopeless romantic ever since discovering Kathleen Woodiwiss in the 70's…she's been reading and writing romance ever since.

She tried her hand at writing fan-fiction in the early 90's and liked it so much, she decided to write a full length novel...Eight published contemporary romance e-books later, Heather is forever a romance junkie.

At the moment her pa...more
More about Heather Peters...
Face Off/ Forward Pass (Rules of the Game, #2) With A Twist Best Laid Plans Surrender This Time, Forever