Start by marking “And Then I Cried : Stories Of A Mortuary NCO” as Want to Read:
And Then I Cried : Stories Of A Mortuary NCO

And Then I Cried : Stories Of A Mortuary NCO

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  33 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
And Then I Cried: Stories of a Mortuary NCO" is the first work from Justin Jordan. Jordan details life as an Air Force Mortuary Non Commissioned Officer. In his stunning debut Jordan forces the reader to walk beside him on his journey in this gruesome world. Jordan holds nothing back, and shares in graphic detail how he honored Americas heroes, both at deployed locations a ...more
ebook
Published July 12th 2012 by Tactical 16

To ask other readers questions about And Then I Cried , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Then I Cried

Kristen White
Jul 16, 2012 Kristen White rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book that should be read by everyone. An honest, funny, real, sad and wonderful story to be told and read.
William Tiger
Aug 15, 2012 William Tiger rated it it was amazing
I stretched out on my bed to read a chapter. A single chapter to relax and help to sleep. I then realize i've read six chapters and wanting to read more. Wanting to give Justin a hug and support. Wishing I had more tissues to dry my tears. I'm so surprised by the detail he gives in telling his story it puts you right there beside him and almost gives you that I want to run away feeling, but you can't your bound by the same responsibility Justin has. You can't run and hide cause you to have that ...more
Nena Stillwell
Aug 01, 2012 Nena Stillwell rated it it was amazing
Reading this book is like sitting down with a friend and having one of those conversations that stays with you forever. Jordan takes the reader into his world and offers a view that most could never conceive of. This book will open your eyes and your heart to the sacrifices of our military. As a military parent and the spouse of a veteran I found Jordan's writing to be heartfelt and spot on.
Larry
Aug 19, 2012 Larry rated it it was amazing
This was A great book start to finish. I couldn't Stop reading it. I read the whole book in 4 hours. The joy the tears and everything kept my hooked into it. Couldn't recommend a better book to read about the real life of a soldier.
Kathryn
Sep 09, 2012 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
loved it, read it more than once, everyone needs to read it
Kimberly
Jul 14, 2014 Kimberly rated it liked it
This book had such potential, but seemed to fall short. The stories were captivating, but the writing felt rushed and the relationships undeveloped. Many times I was distracted from the vivid scenes the author had created because of poor grammar.
Glenn Wright
Oct 17, 2012 Glenn Wright rated it really liked it
Read it in a few hours. Thankful that my AF specialty spared me from dealing with any of the things MSgt Jordan had to deal with. I got choked up every few pages. I'll have to thank his father-in-law for recommending the book.
Kazi
Apr 27, 2015 Kazi rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, forensics
Apparently, some people (not me) are traumatized by seeing dead bodies. I don't particularly care to speculate about what this means or doesn't mean about either myself or this author.
Kim Shifflett
Kim Shifflett marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Marina
Marina rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Lindsay Batt
Lindsay Batt marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Mark Torres
Mark Torres marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Kristina Slamar
Kristina Slamar rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2015
Henry
Henry rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2015
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Chelsey
Chelsey rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2015
Kimber
Kimber rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2015
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Tajma
Tajma rated it it was ok
Dec 21, 2014
Tony
Tony rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Frances Heneghan
Frances Heneghan rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Becky
Becky rated it it was ok
Nov 18, 2015
Kath
Kath rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2014
Sarah Hall
Sarah Hall rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Jack
Jack is currently reading it
Sep 04, 2014
Valeri Berg
Valeri Berg rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2014
Kaitlyn Mulrooney
Kaitlyn Mulrooney marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Neal
Neal is currently reading it
May 26, 2014
Matt Zien
Matt Zien rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2014
Justin is a Master Sergeant in the United States Air Force and has 19.5 years of service. During his time he served for many years as a Mortuary Non-Commissioned Officer both in deployed locations and at home. Surrounded by death and dismay for so many years has had a compromising effect on his mental well-being. Diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in 2009 he has struggled to cons ...more
More about Justin Jordan...