Start by marking “And Then I Cried : Stories Of A Mortuary NCO” as Want to Read:
And Then I Cried : Stories Of A Mortuary NCO

And Then I Cried : Stories Of A Mortuary NCO

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  8 reviews
And Then I Cried: Stories of a Mortuary NCO" is the first work from Justin Jordan. Jordan details life as an Air Force Mortuary Non Commissioned Officer. In his stunning debut Jordan forces the reader to walk beside him on his journey in this gruesome world. Jordan holds nothing back, and shares in graphic detail how he honored Americas heroes, both at deployed locations a ...more
ebook
Published July 12th 2012 by Tactical 16

To ask other readers questions about And Then I Cried , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Then I Cried

Kristen White
A wonderful book that should be read by everyone. An honest, funny, real, sad and wonderful story to be told and read.
William Tiger
I stretched out on my bed to read a chapter. A single chapter to relax and help to sleep. I then realize i've read six chapters and wanting to read more. Wanting to give Justin a hug and support. Wishing I had more tissues to dry my tears. I'm so surprised by the detail he gives in telling his story it puts you right there beside him and almost gives you that I want to run away feeling, but you can't your bound by the same responsibility Justin has. You can't run and hide cause you to have that ...more
Nena Stillwell
Reading this book is like sitting down with a friend and having one of those conversations that stays with you forever. Jordan takes the reader into his world and offers a view that most could never conceive of. This book will open your eyes and your heart to the sacrifices of our military. As a military parent and the spouse of a veteran I found Jordan's writing to be heartfelt and spot on.
Larry
This was A great book start to finish. I couldn't Stop reading it. I read the whole book in 4 hours. The joy the tears and everything kept my hooked into it. Couldn't recommend a better book to read about the real life of a soldier.
Kathryn
loved it, read it more than once, everyone needs to read it
Kimberly
This book had such potential, but seemed to fall short. The stories were captivating, but the writing felt rushed and the relationships undeveloped. Many times I was distracted from the vivid scenes the author had created because of poor grammar.
Glenn Wright
Read it in a few hours. Thankful that my AF specialty spared me from dealing with any of the things MSgt Jordan had to deal with. I got choked up every few pages. I'll have to thank his father-in-law for recommending the book.
Kazi
May 30, 2013 Kazi rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Apparently, some people (not me) are traumatized by seeing dead bodies. I don't particularly care to speculate about what this means or doesn't mean about either myself or this author.
Tony
Tony is currently reading it
Dec 16, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Jack
Jack is currently reading it
Sep 04, 2014
Kaitlyn Mulrooney
Kaitlyn Mulrooney marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Neal
Neal is currently reading it
May 26, 2014
Berserkr
Berserkr marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Efrain Gonzalezz
Efrain Gonzalezz marked it as to-read
May 18, 2013
Jocelyn Green
Jocelyn Green marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013
Justin is a Master Sergeant in the United States Air Force and has 19.5 years of service. During his time he served for many years as a Mortuary Non-Commissioned Officer both in deployed locations and at home. Surrounded by death and dismay for so many years has had a compromising effect on his mental well-being. Diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in 2009 he has struggled to cons ...more
More about Justin Jordan...