Start by marking “The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)

The Leopard Prince (Princes #2)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  5,050 ratings  ·  300 reviews
THE ONE THING A LADY MUST NEVER DO
Wealthy Lady Georgina Maitland doesn't want a husband, though she could use a good steward to run her estates. One look at Harry Pye, and Georgina knows she's not just dealing with a servant, but a man.

IS FALL IN LOVE...
Harry has known many aristocrats--including one particular nobleman who is his sworn enemy. But Harry has never met a b
ebook
Published April 2007 by Grand Central (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Leopard Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Leopard Prince

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...
4.5/5

Once again, Elizabeth Hoyt has given us unconventional characters in extraordinary circumstances, brought together in a truly lovely story.

Goats are dropping like flies all over Lord Silas Granville’s lands. Tempers are flaring, accusations being cast and Harry Pye is at the center of it all. He knows he’s being framed for the deaths and is determined to find out who the culprit is before Granville, who is also the Magistrate and long time enemy of the Pye family, can see him hanged. Harry
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED
"I'm yours to do with as you wish, my lady."

4.5 stars.

YORKSHIRE, ENGLAND, SEPTEMBER 1760
Harry Pye is Lady Georgina (George) Maitland's land steward. Admittedly, the hero seems to be pretty average at first sight. Average height, rather lean, brown hair and he wore brown clothes, as if to camouflage himself. Our hero seems to be cold and stoic, too. But despite his being rather average, he's got stunningly beautiful green eyes, and if you look a little bit closer, you'll rec
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SLIGHT SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Mrs Hoyt,

After I finally got around to reading your first book, “The Raven Prince,” I was hooked on your writing. I knew I had to have this book, “The Serpent Prince”. Well, now that I’ve finished this one I’m starting to panic. Only one book left. “Gah!”

I’m happy to say that I find Harry and George’s story more realistic than the first book. In the mid eighteenth century, I find it easier to believe that a lower class man and an upper
Beanbag Love
This should have been a five star. It was soooo close. Until the last 20%.

Basically the heroine does something TSTL at the end and we have to wallow in that manufactured nonsense for the rest of the book. Then the ending comes abruptly, we have a sweet little reconciliation and it's over. No epilogue or nuthin'. Boo!

Harry Pye and Georgina "George" Maitland are a nice, unique couple. He's her land steward and she's the sister of an earl who's aunt left her everything she owned. So she's got more
Julianna
Oct 29, 2009 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Sensuous Historical Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" With The Leopard Prince, Elizabeth Hoyt has authored another solid story in the Princes Trilogy, and has once again, shown her talent for creating unusual characters in a unique situation, as well as an ability to write a good mystery. Ms. Hoyt continues her “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” theme with two rather ordinary characters. Georgina is described as a plain woman who is certainly no beauty. She is a bit too tall for a woman, has untamable curly r
Keri
There is no way that I can review the book well enough that would relay how much I loved this book. But I shall give it a try. I fell in love with Harry, just like Georgina. How could I not? Harry and His Lady made the cutest couple and the love scenes were hot as well.

I liked Harry for being just a regular guy. He wasn't very tall or hulking. He was just a simple man with sexy green eyes. A working man trying to do his job. He also didn't take any crap off anybody. He might have been his Lady'
Juliana
George + Harry + their relationship = amazing!!, but mystery subplot could have used some work (4.5 stars)

Another absolutely lovely book by Elizabeth Hoyt! At the time I'm writing this review, I've read all three in the Princes trilogy and have to say that my ranking in terms of preference follows their order in the series.

The Leopard Prince was close on the heels of The Raven Prince (5 stars), but the biggest complaint I have with this book was the mystery subplot. Had it been simpler, it could
Caz
I'm actually giving this 4.5 stars, but unusually, am rounding up rather than down. Why? Two words. Harry. Pye.

This book has been on my TBR pile for quite some time, so when I saw that one of the prompts for the AAR Days of the Week Reading Challenge was to read a book in which the hero or heroine is a landowner, a farmer, a gardener, a botanist, or a book that has the words "garden" or "flower" in its title, or the book is set in the country side, I immediately added the book to my list.

There a
Maureen Feeney
Lady Georgina Maitland is 28, wealthy, single and intends to stay that way in order to keep her independance. She has hired a land steward to run her estates, Harry Pye.

When she returns to her estate in Yorkshire, Harry gets blamed for poisoning the sheep by Magistrate Silas Granville. He insists George fires him before he arrests him, but she stands by Harry. As tension mounts throughout the story we learn there is a history between Silas and Harry. When George stays loyal to Harry a relations
Dee
3.5 Star

Another enjoyable read from EH but have to say that I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first one in the series.

I tried to work out exactly what had affected my enjoyment and I think it was because Harry came from the lower class than Georgina. I know that sounds a bit hypocritical as I don't mind when it is vice versa as in the man coming from Upper Class and woman from lower classes etc but I don't like it the other way around - weird I know but there you go ha ha.

Pepa
Soy muy consciente de que la historia es totamente inverosimil... al menos para mí, me cuesta mucho creer tanto la actitud de ella como de toda su familia ante ciertos hechos. Aún así, lo he disfrutado de principio a fin. Sin embargo, otros temas, están bien documentados ya que lamentablemente eran muy asiduos.
Él me ha encantado, me pueden estos hombres tan estirados, jajaja
Juega bien con el tema del culpablre y te hace dudar entre tres o cuatro.
Cierto también que puede que sobren escenas hot,
Cheryl
Something different from the same old "titled gentleman sees lady, lusts after lady, compromises lady, titled gentleman and lady marry and live happily ever after"!

Instead:

"Wealthy Lady with land sees land steward who also happens to be a common Man, man is wanted for suspected killing of sheep, Lady seduces man, man resists seduction, man whittles some wood, Lady seduces man again, man allows himself to be seduced, a whore is murdered, whittled wood shows up everywhere, Lady falls in love with
Eliza
Okay, see. I didn't expect to like this. Who could fall in love with a hero called Harry Pye? And really, the back cover made it seem kind of boring, with no real reason to read. But as usual, the fucktard that wrote the cover copy got it completely wrong. Harry is quiet and funny and confident and the problems he has with the relationship really make sense without being insurmountable, though they might have been, and in the less deft hands of some other writer this book could have been a train ...more
valee
Wow, I just have started to adore this author. I'll say this book wasn't as good as the first one but only because of the slow beginning. I even liked this book more than the first one, I'm just rating it lower because the first chapters were really boring for me, it took a really long time for the book to become interesting but once it did I just couldn't put it down. Not only that but it only kept getting better and better.

I must admit once I finished book one I thought a book about Harry wou
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
Review @ Under the Covers

4.5 Stars

Lady Georgina Maitland has been called up to Yorkshire urgently, it seems sheep have been murdered on her neighbour's land and her land steward Mr Harry Pye has been accused of their slaughter. Georgina doesn't believe Harry could have done it, and the more time they spend together the more she can't help thinking of him as a man rather then just her land steward.

The Princes Trilogy continues with the story of Harry and Georgina and I loved it! So far this trilo
Carolyn F.
This book I liked much more than book #1. Georgina is a really funny woman who uses her sense of humor when she feels uncomfortable. After her land agent Harry helps her when their carriage crashes, she starts to see him as more than an employee. He's attracted to her but he doesn't want to be used. The one thing that I found a little unbelievable, but maybe that's because I wouldn't do it, is she kept going to his house and waiting all night until he came home just so she could ask him somethin ...more
Ruth
I really enjoyed this. Maybe not quite as much as the Raven Prince, but so nearly that it makes little difference. It's another unusual story - although aristocratic ladies did make marriages into the non-aristocracy, it was usually after a first marriage and children. The heroine's unusual situation means that she's in an enviable, but difficult situation, even more than an heiress, since the property remains hers after marriage. I did feel that a couple of times she did a few daft things, but ...more
Linds
Feb 06, 2011 Linds rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans's of Lady Chatterly's Lover minus the adultury.
The best thing about this romance is that the hero is an average guy. In almost all regencies the hero is of noble blood, or a brilliant man that made his way up from the gutter. Harry Pye (ignore the stupid name) is neither. He's the son of the groundsman who worked hard and now is the estate manager. Good, normal guy.

The heroine is a bit of a dip but Harry makes it well worth the read. Elizabeth Hoyt can go a bit on the dark side but this is not one of those, if you don't count some darkness
Zeek
I adore Hoyt's heroines, and it is Lady George, the heroine of The Leopard Prince, that made this book for me. She's eccentric, an original in looks and action, and easier to get ahold of then the hero of this tale.

The second thing Hoyt does well is out-of-the-box heroes. Despite his unfortunate name, Harry Pye is no exception. He's not titled, in fact he's George's Land Steward, but he's as strong and independent as George. For some reason though I had a more difficult time connecting with him
LiteraryLover
In The Leopard Prince, Lady Georgina Maitland is not your typical well-born society lady. She's smart, sensible, and unmarried. She also runs her own estate in Yorkshire by herself with no plans to marry and produce and heir. Her three older brothers spend their time in London while her younger sister still lives with their mother. However, there's been some trouble lately with her estate. Someone has been poisoning the neighboring estate's sheep and rumors are saying that it's her land steward ...more
Lelyana Taufik
OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD.....!!!!!
Ready for Harry Pye...He's so sexy...cannot help falling for him....

This is a story :

Di pekerjakan jadi land steward, mandor di lahan manor nya Lady Georgina (spinster,28 tahun), Harry Pye, terpaksa menemani Lady nya pergi ke manor itu dari London. Di tengah jalan,sebelum sampai ke Manor George, roda kereta mereka kejeblos ,kena becek2 hujan yg lebat. Jadilah basah2an mereka berlindung di pondok terdekat disana. Malam itu membuat Harry sadar kalo saja dia bukan s
Erin
Of the trio of Elizabeth Hoyt's "Prince" Series, this is the least favorite of the reviewing masses. Haven't read the last yet, but found this to be better than the impressive "The Raven Prince". Just liked the idea of a land steward named Harry Pye being the big hero and winning the hand of the aristocratic lady. Found that to be a bit unusual. One gets sick of the dukes and counts always slumming around and getting the piece of tail. Let the land steward get some decent action already.

I've no
kris
Georgina "George" Maitland is besotted with her land steward, Harry Pye. Harry Pye thinks aristocrats are yucky and dumb. Also, there are poisoned sheep and a neighbor desperately wants to see Harry destroyed. So what are our intrepid couple to do? SEX, OF COURSE! LOTS OF SEX!! THAT WILL FIX EVERYTHING!!

1. The sex fixes nothing.

2. Someone is planting Harry's carvings alongside the poisoned sheep (view spoiler) but neither Harry nor George consider P
Kerstin
Georgina Maitland is a wealthy young lady of the aristocracy, but nothing like the meek and timid women roaming from ball to ball in London. She is gutsy, speaks her mind and as she inherited quite a bit of land from an aunt in Yorkshire, she never saw a reason to get married.
When her land steward Harry Pye tells her about the bad weather and its implications on her farmers and the crop, she leaves her London house in order to rush to her country estate. Once there, she realizes that Harry is r
Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
Narrated by Moira Quirk

Review written by Lea Hensley

Many of us romance audio enthusiasts have longed to see Elizabeth Hoyt’s The Princes Trilogy in audio format. A popular trilogy in print, our wish carried with it an element of trepidation – would the publisher choose a sufficiently talented narrator for the job? Have no fear – Moira Quirk is fabulous.

With The Leopard Prince, Ms. Hoyt treats us to that rarely seen (but longed for) scenario of a non-aristocrat hero tied to an aristocrat heroine
Kathie (katmom)
Ah...we got to see a couple of characters from The Raven Prince in this one. I do love them...

Georgina is different. She's rich, she has land and houses...and she thinks outside the box. Some think she's a twit, but she really does have a head on her shoulders...and she thinks her land steward is mighty fine. So do I!

He's missing a finger, and when we find out why...well, I wanted to horsewhip someone myself.

There's a mystery here, who is killing the sheep...and WHY?

Elizabeth Hoyt writes some HO
Jessica B
I absolutely loved this book! I was a little stand offish at first because I didn't think it would be as good as the first in the trilogy.... man was i wrong it blew the pages off of The Raven Prince.

Harry is all that is man! Every time Harry was on the page he controlled the whole story. Could you imagine meeting him in real life?....*sigh* Harry is George's land steward, just her servant but George is drawn to him and can't seem to stop.

George received an inheritance from her aunt which put
Susan (susayq ~)
I have to admit, when I read the first book in this series, I wondered what the big deal was. I liked it, but it didn't blow me away. This one? This one blew me away!

I loved Georgiana's personality! She was smart and feisty and was just a little goofy in her storytelling. I loved how she would get off the story and wander to other things - very much like me :)

I loved that Harry tried to distance himself from George, but he couldn't keep away. When he (view spoiler)
Kit
What an absolutely unique and startling book The Leopard Prince is. Unlike the gazillion of Romances out there, this one turns itself upside down to have this strong hero named Harry Pye (of all things) who hails from the servant class with a wealthy heiress George (again unique) that doesn't really worry about social convention. There were things about the book and characters that could have been picked apart-example- the villian was over the top. Very gritty in it's sexual content and then Eli ...more
Cynthia (aka Artemis)
Two unlikely lovers collide in Lady Georgina "George" Maitland and Harry Pye. The fairy tale she weaves, The Leopard Prince, throughout the book is utter nonsense, but when she sets the Leopard free at the end of the story, ah, it breaks the heart.

Ms. Hoyt spun a very good tale here. She keeps you guessing as to who is committing the dastardly deeds in the community. The scene at the end in the church when all of the men pull their swords is comical. Oh, and then, when George and Harry must "dis
  • The Proposition
  • The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4)
  • Suddenly You
  • Like No Other Lover (Pennyroyal Green, #2)
  • Surrender of a Siren (The Wanton Dairymaid Trilogy, #2)
  • Not Quite a Husband
  • To Have and To Hold (Wyckerley Trilogy, #2)
  • Ruthless (The House of Rohan, #1)
  • The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • Yours Until Dawn
  • Midnight Pleasures with a Scoundrel (Scoundrels of St. James, #4)
  • She's No Princess (Guilty, #4)
  • Untamed (MacKinnon's Rangers, #2)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • The Duke of Shadows
  • The Shadow and the Star (Victorian Hearts, #2)
Elizabeth Hoyt is a New York Times bestselling author of historical romance. She also writes deliciously fun contemporary romance under the name Julia Harper. Elizabeth lives in central Illinois with three untrained dogs, two angelic but bickering children, and one long-suffering husband.
More about Elizabeth Hoyt...
The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1) To Beguile a Beast (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #3) Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3) Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1) To Seduce a Sinner (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #2)

“Shhh,” he murmured against her mouth. “Don’t talk. Don’t think. Just feel.” 9 likes
“Be that as it may, a gentleman doesn’t continue to press his
attentions on a lady who can’t return them.”
“Then, as I see it, you have two problems, my lord,” Harry said.
Tony’s eyes narrowed.
“One, that the lady does, in fact, return my attentions, and two”—Harry turned to meet the earl’s
gaze—“I am no gentleman.”
7 likes