Darkseed: Awakening (Darkseed, #1)

Darkseed: Awakening (Darkseed, #1)

4.53 of 5 stars 4.53  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  10 reviews
205 Cheyne Avenue holds some dark secrets…

After an accident claims the lives of two boys, fifteen year old Sarah Walton moves in to 205 with her mother. It isn’t long before she realises there is another, unseen resident, and convinces best friend Christina to help her make contact. When they do, the girls learn more than they bargained for, and soon find themselves desper...more
Published July 13th 2012 by MuseItUp Publishing

Tara
Review:

A few years ago, I read a lot more books about ghosts and the occult than I tend to now. No particular reason, I just felt that I’d exhausted the genre somewhat. However, then I received the request to review Darkseed: Awakening I couldn’t resist it. And actually, it was a refreshing change from the genres I normally read, and also I ended up completely absorbed in what was happening.

This book was actually creepy – I actually stopped reading it late at night on more than one occasion for...more
Bex 'n' Books
Darkseed is a fascinating read that managed to successfully hold my attention. It was the character descriptions and their personal developments that in particular managed to truly capture my interest. The range of personalities evident are very well crafted and in many ways highly believable. It was difficult not to get completely absorbed in the young people's lives as they were navigating through the tension and mystery that awaited them in this novel.

I really appreciated the strong British v...more
Carmen
This one grabbed me from the get go. Straight away you see that these pesky kids are dabbling in things they really ought not to. You get that feeling that you want to reach into the pages and shake them for being so daft! I like it when a book makes me feel like that!

Particular things I liked about this book. It's British. very British, in fact it is set in my local area on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent. As such some of the speech of the characters is very... shall we say... localised? I'm intere...more
Roland Capalbo
What an absolutely GREAT book!!

Victoria Ley’s Darkseed: Awakening is a masterful book! You may think this book is just about séances and Ouija boards, but you would be wrong. Those elements are there, but it transcends that on so many levels, both physical and spiritual, and Ley does an amazing job of weaving together these two existences in such a way that is very believable.

The story grabs you right from the very first sentence. The action is palpable and at times leaves you breathless at what...more
David Watson
Sometimes when I'm searching for a horror novel to read, I come across some Young Adult novels that look better than the ones meant for adults. Some good YA horror novels include the Cirque Du Freak series by Darren Shan, The Grisly High series by Brian Rowe and the Trifectus series by Logan Bryne. Recently I found another one that is the beginning of a series that looks to be up horror fan's alley called Darkseed: Awakenings by Victoria Ley.

Fifteen year old Sarah and her mother have just moved...more
Emma Ramos
A fun and frightening ghost story. Adults and young adults will find this book near impossible to put down. The writing (spelling, expressions, etc) is wonderfully british. This novel is perfect on a rainy evening. Just remember to have lots of strong tea within reach. You'll be too caught up in the story to sleep.
Chris
Bought this on a wim as it was on sale, ended up being the best book I've read in a long time. Totally creepy, believeable characters, great story. Can't wait for the next one.
Lisa G
I read this book in 24 hours just couldnt put it down, it kinda brought me back to the point horror books. Was totally hooked from the start fantastic
Donna Marie
Absolutely brilliant. Very visual story, I can well imagine this as a supernatural TV series. Read it, read it, read it!
Dianne
Great story! I loved all the twists and turns at the end.
Dark Ruby Girl
Dark Ruby Girl marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Paula Davidson
Paula Davidson marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Alicia House
Alicia House marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Kari
Kari marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Ayesha
Ayesha marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
Pranjal Ranjan
Pranjal Ranjan marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2013
Crystel
Crystel marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2013
Courtney James
Courtney James marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2012
LaGina
LaGina marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2012
H.K. Carlton
H.K. Carlton marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2012
Camela
Camela marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2012
Colene
Colene marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2012
Darkseed: Awakening (The Darkseed Series)