Start by marking “Darkseed: Awakening (Darkseed, #1)” as Want to Read:
Darkseed: Awakening (Darkseed, #1)

Darkseed: Awakening (Darkseed, #1)

4.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  13 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
205 Cheyne Avenue holds some dark secrets…

After an accident claims the lives of two boys, fifteen year old Sarah Walton moves in to 205 with her mother. It isn’t long before she realises there is another, unseen resident, and convinces best friend Christina to help her make contact. When they do, the girls learn more than they bargained for, and soon find themselves desper
Published July 13th 2012 by MuseItUp Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Darkseed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkseed

Bex 'n' Books
Oct 14, 2012 Bex 'n' Books rated it really liked it
Darkseed is a fascinating read that managed to successfully hold my attention. It was the character descriptions and their personal developments that in particular managed to truly capture my interest. The range of personalities evident are very well crafted and in many ways highly believable. It was difficult not to get completely absorbed in the young people's lives as they were navigating through the tension and mystery that awaited them in this novel.

I really appreciated the strong British v
Tara
Aug 10, 2012 Tara rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, review-copy
Review:

A few years ago, I read a lot more books about ghosts and the occult than I tend to now. No particular reason, I just felt that I’d exhausted the genre somewhat. However, then I received the request to review Darkseed: Awakening I couldn’t resist it. And actually, it was a refreshing change from the genres I normally read, and also I ended up completely absorbed in what was happening.

This book was actually creepy – I actually stopped reading it late at night on more than one occasion for
Roland Capalbo
Jan 29, 2013 Roland Capalbo rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely GREAT book!!

Victoria Ley’s Darkseed: Awakening is a masterful book! You may think this book is just about séances and Ouija boards, but you would be wrong. Those elements are there, but it transcends that on so many levels, both physical and spiritual, and Ley does an amazing job of weaving together these two existences in such a way that is very believable.

The story grabs you right from the very first sentence. The action is palpable and at times leaves you breathless at what
David Watson
Jan 13, 2013 David Watson rated it really liked it
Sometimes when I'm searching for a horror novel to read, I come across some Young Adult novels that look better than the ones meant for adults. Some good YA horror novels include the Cirque Du Freak series by Darren Shan, The Grisly High series by Brian Rowe and the Trifectus series by Logan Bryne. Recently I found another one that is the beginning of a series that looks to be up horror fan's alley called Darkseed: Awakenings by Victoria Ley.

Fifteen year old Sarah and her mother have just moved
Emma Ramos
Sep 03, 2012 Emma Ramos rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
A fun and frightening ghost story. Adults and young adults will find this book near impossible to put down. The writing (spelling, expressions, etc) is wonderfully british. This novel is perfect on a rainy evening. Just remember to have lots of strong tea within reach. You'll be too caught up in the story to sleep.
Chris
Sep 02, 2012 Chris rated it it was amazing
Bought this on a wim as it was on sale, ended up being the best book I've read in a long time. Totally creepy, believeable characters, great story. Can't wait for the next one.
Lisa G
Nov 08, 2012 Lisa G rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I read this book in 24 hours just couldnt put it down, it kinda brought me back to the point horror books. Was totally hooked from the start fantastic
Donna Marie
Oct 31, 2012 Donna Marie rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant. Very visual story, I can well imagine this as a supernatural TV series. Read it, read it, read it!
Dianne
Jul 29, 2012 Dianne rated it it was amazing
Great story! I loved all the twists and turns at the end.
Syafiq Adi
Syafiq Adi marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Patternsoflife
Patternsoflife marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Lynne
Lynne added it
Aug 06, 2014
Dark Ruby Girl
Dark Ruby Girl marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Paula Davidson
Paula Davidson marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Alicia House
Alicia House marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Kari
Kari marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Ayesha
Ayesha marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
Pranjal Ranjan
Pranjal Ranjan marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2013
Crystel
Crystel marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2013
B.K.M. Isbell
B.K.M. Isbell rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Trixie Player
Trixie Player rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2012
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2012
Courtney James
Courtney James marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2012
H.K. Carlton
H.K. Carlton marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2012
Camela
Camela marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2012
Colene
Colene marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2012
Museitup Publishing
Museitup Publishing rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2012