Start by marking “Curiosity Killed The Kat (Katherine Flynn, #1)” as Want to Read:
Curiosity Killed The Kat (Katherine Flynn, #1)

Curiosity Killed The Kat (Katherine Flynn #1)

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  238 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Katherine "Kat" thought she had the perfect marriage to International Lawyer Steven Flynn. Until he tried to kill her.

Katherine was the perfect obedient wife. She would do anything for her husband.

That is, until she discovers he's the ring leader of a human trafficking organization. The action is fast and furious, the dialogue smart and the sex scenes hot.

Meet Katherine
Published June 3rd 2012 by Bristlecone Books (first published May 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Curiosity Killed The Kat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curiosity Killed The Kat

Mason
Believing you have the perfect life and marriage and having that can be two completely different things. So Katherine ‘Kat’ Flynn discovers about her life with the man she adored.

Married to an international lawyer, Kat was the perfect obedient wife. She did everything her husband Steven said, even when his sexual demands went beyond fantasy play of S&M into torture and abuse. She craved his attention and love and thought all was right with her world as long as she did what she was suppose to
Laurel-Rain
What would it take for one woman to break free of the chains that bind her in degradation? How can she escape the oppression of a marriage that she had chosen, but which has slowly turned into a punitive, controlled existence? Realization seemingly breaks through in a social situation with her husband's boss that seems odd. Not quite right. And when Katherine Flynn begins to investigate, dangers surround her until she is fleeing for her life.

Oppression, addiction, obsession: these themes resonat
Tia Bach
Rating: 3.5 stars

Katherine fell for her husband at first sight and quickly let his love consume her. Although she understands his domineering ways would be a turn off to some, she accepts their marriage for what it is. But is she being played for a fool?

During a business dinner with her husband's boss, something seems amiss. She can't shake it, and she can't walk away. When she decides to snoop around for more information, her world turns upside down. Everything she thought she could accept abou
Rebecca Graf
How do you know an author got it right? When you can't put it down and you want more. That is what Elizabeth Nelson gave me in Curiosity Killed the Kat.

This is the story of Katherine who found her Prince Charming. To the reader and Kat's mother, he is a control freak with rough sexual desires. To Kat, he is all she ever wanted until one night at dinner with his boss and the man's date. Katherine's eyes are opened then and all she can feel is horror and shock. Then her husband does the one thing
Emily
Katherine believed she had met Prince Charming, when she met Steven Flynn. He encompassed everything in a man that she had wished for, his pursuit was relentless, his vow of love unbreakable until he tried to kill her. Katherine was molded into the perfect wife for fast rising international lawyer, but everything Katherine thought she knew about her husband comes crumbling down around her, the one thing that Steven never counted on from Katherine, the ever biddable wife, was revenge.

The first bo
Florence
This book is fantastic, and it is a quality read. It really looks at the deception that can happen between a man and wife. The real crux of the story revolves around the wife and who she is despite her husband's scandal. It shows the wife's innocence, even as she struggles to detach from a life of madness that her husband has created. This is an exciting book, and I think it empowers women. The wife, Kat, is someone many people will understand. I absolutely love the last line of the book: "To ge ...more
Renata SG
I couldn't decide between a two or a three star & am giving the Author the chance to redeem herself in her 2nd book ... I hope it's better than the first or I don't think I'll be able to read the third.
I found this book lacking in excitement & everything seemed rushed. More detail & a loner storyline would have probably made the book interesting.
Would have been more enjoyable if the author had gone into more depths at describing the characters & possibly their background ...
Sor
liirogue
The premise is fantastic - Stepford wife realizes her marriage is a lie and that her husband is involved in human trafficking. Unfortunately, the author is more interested in detailing rough sex than in developing the plot. The book literally stops where the cover blurb does. A woman discovers her husband is involved in human trafficking - end of book. Character development is minimal and thus unbelievable. I couldn't buy that this subservient wife literally woke up one day and decided to comple ...more
Meggin
This was a very explosive book. I couldn' t put it down. I'm glad I had the chance to get into the trilogy, thanks to winning the Goodreads giveaway. I found it refreshing and was immediately drawn in from the beginning. There was passion, action, suspense, and I couldn' t get through the pages fast enough. I have already purchased the last to books in the trilogy. I can' t wait to find out how it ends. Elizabeth Nelson will definitely be on watch list.
Rhona Crouthamel
What do I think? Well, I have mixed feelings with this book. First, let me say that it is very well written. The story was gripping & the characters engaging. On the whole, I loved it. However, I felt there was a lot of very graphic (and very unnecessary) sex. It almost pushed to the point of being erotica versus a thriller. I understand that one of the main characters is suppose to be a very "sick puppy" with bizarre sexual cravings, but I feel the writer could have conveyed that without ha ...more
Avid Reader Amy's Reviews
Review from Amy's Book World:

When I first got this book I thought that it would be just a simple mystery. It's not. The author took it to another level. It builds up into an intensive story about deception and finding freedom.

Kat is subservient when it comes to her husband Steven. It annoys me that she allows him to push her around the way he does. If he says jump she says how high. If he says run she says how far. This controlling behavior carries over into the bedroom. It is a typical Dom and
Christina  Torretta
This story was really thrilling. It did not stop once it really got started. And it didn’t take long to get started either. The ups and downs don’t really stop for Katherine and she finds herself in situations that not many would be able to get out of. She’s smart and although she makes a few mistakes she has the wits to mostly get out of them. Mostly. I do want to find out what happens because this does end with a major cliffhanger. You are literally hanging on with your fingernails!

But, I’m al
Marissa
This was a quick read for me, but honestly, it was probably quicker than I wanted it to be, because I was just reading so fast, because this story is pretty good! Katherine aka 'Kat' is one character that I cannot wait to read more about in the next two books, because here, well, she is in a submissive role, and living a passive like life with her now wealthy husband of seven years. Steven, her husband, is the only guy she has really been with, and has stuck by his side since she was 19 years ol ...more
Kari
Nov 15, 2012 Kari rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I have really mixed feeling about this book. When I read the description about the book, I was excited to read it. It sounded really interesting. Imagine finding out the man you were married to for so long wasn't who you thought he was. How would you handle that? Kat finds out some secrets about her husband and is shocked to learn what kind of business he is running on the side.

The story had great potential The problem I had with it was the length. It was really short. A little research shows t
Nancy
When you’re 19 and meet the man you are going to marry, you think you’re set for life. That was Katherine’s plan. She had Steven to cook for, clean for and to obey. That’s right. Kat was very careful to do anything she could to make Steven happy. Anything. It took the death of a young woman to make her sit back and reevaluate her existence.
What she saw did not make her happy and suddenly, she knew why her mother had never liked her choice of husband, Steven was an abuser, a dominant personality
Wright Gres
Told in first person, Curiosity Killed The Kat was well done. Author has a good voice, the story flows nicely, and shares an “author’s message,” shedding light on human trafficking.
A good story, intriguing, well written. Good characters. Compelling. And then it stops at about the same point where the promotional blurbs do. Kat learns the horrible truth, then it stops.
I don’t mean it stops without properly wrapping things up, I mean abruptly, like at the end of what should be chapter 3 or 5 or
Shoshanah
This is a somewhat of a short story, that in a way could easily be described as a novella. It reminded me of Fifty Shades of Grey, at least a version where Anastasia decides to stand up for herself and pay Christian Grey back for his actions.

I wasn't a huge fan of the actual writing in this, especially the moments of dialogue. (And I didn't mind the writing in Fifty if that means something to you.) But really did enjoy the actual story, and thought it was a fun ride.

The end of this is very sudde
Jeannie Christo
So glad I won this book. Will be purchasing the next book in the series asap because my heart is still racing.
Katherine at first drove me a little crazy with her submissive, subserveant attitude towards her perfect life, marriage, and Adonis of a husband. It interested me that Katherine became bored because even with kinky, don't know what's coming next kinda sex, that life had to get old.
Theres a reason there's a saying, Careful what you wish for!!
Katherine got jolted out of her comfy life and
Jessica Lilly
awesome!!!this book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole ride!!!!.. i consistantly thought she was going to get caught in the beginning and she barely makes it out ok.. then the ending was amazing! didnt see that coming!!
Melissa Durbin
To me these books are just teasers and not whole books. You get about 100 pages and then just boom. All done....buy the next book. The book doesn't technically end, it just leaves you ready for the next chapter.
Beverly
My thoughts:
This is a fast read. The writing is descriptive and the character building is top notch. It was almost as if I could feel how slimy Kat thought her husband's boss was. I know I disliked her husband from the go, and he never redeemed himself (obviously). The plot was intriguing, but the story could have been fleshed out a bit more. It was almost as if we were running through the story, it's fast paced, only to end up dangling at the edge of the cliff that becomes the ending. I am not
Llona Cunningham
Jul 04, 2014 Llona Cunningham marked it as not-going-to-finish  ·  review of another edition
This one should have come with a warning -- must be 18+ due to graphic scenes. Will appeal to fans of the '50 Shades' series maybe; not so much for those of us who prefer less graphic entertainment.
Aaron Dubin
Good story. Way too short.
Les Christian
Downloaded as a free book for my Ipad, this is billed as book one there are two others that follow. It is very short and therefore quick to finish. It moves along at a fast pace and changes from an explicit sexual novel to a thriller.

This book ends leaving me wanting to read the other two.

The author is classified as a romance writer but I wouldn't have classified this as a romance short story.
Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker   (Oh My Shelves)
This book could have been much better if it were longer. It would have given the author room to develop the characters and tell their stories much better.
It was really shallow.
Stepford wife finds out husband is not so perfect. She rebels and finds out that he is not someone to be messed with.
The end.
Oh yea, stay tuned for book 2 where she will exact her revenge.
Row Mangham
I was surprised, pleasantly, by how much I enjoyed this book. It's a super quick read. I actually wish I hadn't read it so fast. Gave good visual images. Storyline wasn't complicated. Kept a good pace and didn't get too slow. Perfect for something easy to read in a hurry.
Melissa
In this short story Katherine discovers her life with her husband is all a lie. I don't want to give away what happens. It was a great read. It left me on the edge of my seat and waiting for book 2. Very suspenseful and nail biting.
Keri Anderson-gilson
I had this book on my TBR list and I ended up winning a copy of the book. It was a quick read for me mainly because I couldn't put the book down. I will be purchasing the next book in the series. I can't wait to see how it ends!
Elaine
This book was okay; very crass in parts. I didn't find it very tense and much seemed to conveniently go in favor of the protagonist. I imagine there will be a sequel since the reader is merely left hanging.
Angelika
Short and you get left hanging,... It is not a book!! It is part 1 out of 3 and the second and third are ridiculously expensive!! It should be one book, than it would be amazind, but like that, not so much!!
  • To Serve And Protect
  • Trial by Fire (All Fired Up, #2)
  • The Heart Has Reasons
  • Intimate Enemies (Covert Affairs, #1)
  • Dirty Little Christmas (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #3)
  • Guardian Agent (Agents Under Fire #1)
  • The Good Daughter (Vista Security, #1)
  • My Everything
  • In a Lover's Silence
  • Hooked
  • Eye of the Abductor
  • Branded (Retribution, #1)
  • Manhunt
  • Drive Me To Distraction
  • The Chain of Lies (Paradise Valley, #3)
  • Dead Again
  • Safe From the Dark (Bright's Ferry, #1)
  • Mrs Jones (Tommy Connell Mystery #1)
Elizabeth Nelson is a romance writer who loves to interlace reality and love with suspense and thrill. Her stories will tickle your fancy and leave you wanting more.
More about Elizabeth Nelson...
Backstage Pass (The Backstage Pass Rock Star Romance, #1) Cautious Trinity (The Executive's Affair) Backstage Pass: V.I.P. (The Backstage Pass Rock Star Romance, #2) Backstage Pass: All Access (The Backstage Pass Rock Star Romance, #3)

“My first impression of Charlie when I’d met him five years ago was that of a sneaky, skinny man with untrustworthy eyes.” 0 likes
“My only job was to be the perfect wife and partner.” 0 likes