Start by marking “Fey Lights” as Want to Read:
Fey Lights

Fey Lights

4.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  23 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
When Jeani crash lands on a backwater world, she knows she's in trouble. The slave trader Hothi is looking for her, and her bosses are going to eat her alive if she screws up another mission.

Discovering she's half a world away from the planet's only space port is a blow - but it doesn't rock her nearly as much as her reunion with a man she barely remembers, from a past she
Published July 17th 2012 by Liana Brooks (first published July 17th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Fey Lights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fey Lights

Tonya
Jul 18, 2012 Tonya rated it really liked it
Brooks builds mystery on mystery by passing the perspective between her two protagonists, one of whom is hell-bent on accomplishing her assigned mission and the other of whom had escaped to the islands years previous in search of her. The conflict between them speaks to the power of duty and the drive to be with the one you love, so adds depth to the slow build of their relationship.

The characters get their happily ever after at the end, once again turning the reader's expectations on ear, while
Stephanie McGee
Jul 14, 2012 Stephanie McGee rated it liked it
I liked this story okay. I wanted to like it a lot more. I'm online friends with the author and received an eARC copy for review.

It's a super quick read, which is fabulous when you're trying to squeeze reading time in around a busy schedule. But, to me, it moved too quickly. I was confused from first word to last word over who was whom, and really what was going on. It may have just been me, but there was that. I've heard that this is part of a series of short stories, so maybe there's one that
TheCrazyGranny
Jeani and Dominique are good together. She is the alpha to his beta. You get to know how they once knew each other and how he never stopped loving and looking for her.
I must say, for a short story this one was pretty good. Ms. Brooks brings you right into this world, from flying jellyfish to spaceships.
If you are looking for an easy, light, fast PNR read, this will do nicely. There are no hot and steamy moments, but the closeness they share is nice.

3 stars
1 flame

Given to me by author for a hone
Glinda Harrison
This was a fun, enjoyable short read that blends sci-fi with romance. (I won a copy from the author in a Twitter contest.) Nice chemistry between the characters. I think this could have been even more interesting if it was a bit longer - the substance for a longer story was there and I would like to read more stories with these characters. :)

The book also has a delightful sample from another of the author's books, EVEN VILLAINS FALL IN LOVE that I am looking forward to reading!
Amy Laurens
Sep 12, 2014 Amy Laurens rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic short story that leaves you wanting more. Classic SFR, complete with flying jellyfish, real relationships, and a fight in a space port. If you like SFR (or any stories with complex worldbuilding and real characters), you'll definitely appreciate this one :)
Kathard1000 smith
Nov 23, 2012 Kathard1000 smith rated it liked it
while there is nothing wrong with the writing I just didnt enjoy this as much as i thought i would. I gave it a go after reading about the author through my fav indy author Lindsay Buroker. Male lead seemed a little too simple for my liking.
Laurel
Apr 23, 2013 Laurel rated it really liked it
A beautiful story, Fey Lights will draw you in to the bizarre, exciting and amazing universe of Dominique and Jeani. This novella is well written and the world-building is brilliant.

A quick, gentle read.
Edwin Downward
Oct 23, 2013 Edwin Downward rated it really liked it
Liana has woven an enjoyable vignette of old loves and new lives.
Surya B Narayan
Surya B Narayan marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Jessika
Jessika marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Coyora Dokusho
Coyora Dokusho marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
Janet
Janet rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2015
Kate Bush
Kate Bush marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2015
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Kacey Ables
Kacey Ables is currently reading it
Jan 23, 2015
Kaila
Kaila marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Tammy J Rizzo
Tammy J Rizzo marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Addie
Addie marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Shanny
Shanny rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2014
Jenine
Jenine rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Arlia
Arlia marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Annmarie Wise
Annmarie Wise marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Jessie H.
Jessie H. rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2014
Emmie Mears
Emmie Mears rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2014