Fey Lights

Fey Lights

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  8 reviews
When Jeani crash lands on a backwater world, she knows she's in trouble. The slave trader Hothi is looking for her, and her bosses are going to eat her alive if she screws up another mission.

Discovering she's half a world away from the planet's only space port is a blow - but it doesn't rock her nearly as much as her reunion with a man she barely remembers, from a past she...more
Published July 17th 2012 by Liana Brooks (first published July 17th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Fey Lights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fey Lights

Tonya
Brooks builds mystery on mystery by passing the perspective between her two protagonists, one of whom is hell-bent on accomplishing her assigned mission and the other of whom had escaped to the islands years previous in search of her. The conflict between them speaks to the power of duty and the drive to be with the one you love, so adds depth to the slow build of their relationship.

The characters get their happily ever after at the end, once again turning the reader's expectations on ear, while...more
Stephanie McGee
I liked this story okay. I wanted to like it a lot more. I'm online friends with the author and received an eARC copy for review.

It's a super quick read, which is fabulous when you're trying to squeeze reading time in around a busy schedule. But, to me, it moved too quickly. I was confused from first word to last word over who was whom, and really what was going on. It may have just been me, but there was that. I've heard that this is part of a series of short stories, so maybe there's one that...more
TheCrazyGranny
Jeani and Dominique are good together. She is the alpha to his beta. You get to know how they once knew each other and how he never stopped loving and looking for her.
I must say, for a short story this one was pretty good. Ms. Brooks brings you right into this world, from flying jellyfish to spaceships.
If you are looking for an easy, light, fast PNR read, this will do nicely. There are no hot and steamy moments, but the closeness they share is nice.

3 stars
1 flame

Given to me by author for a hone...more
Glinda Harrison
This was a fun, enjoyable short read that blends sci-fi with romance. (I won a copy from the author in a Twitter contest.) Nice chemistry between the characters. I think this could have been even more interesting if it was a bit longer - the substance for a longer story was there and I would like to read more stories with these characters. :)

The book also has a delightful sample from another of the author's books, EVEN VILLAINS FALL IN LOVE that I am looking forward to reading!
Amy Laurens
A fantastic short story that leaves you wanting more. Classic SFR, complete with flying jellyfish, real relationships, and a fight in a space port. If you like SFR (or any stories with complex worldbuilding and real characters), you'll definitely appreciate this one :)
Kathard1000 smith
while there is nothing wrong with the writing I just didnt enjoy this as much as i thought i would. I gave it a go after reading about the author through my fav indy author Lindsay Buroker. Male lead seemed a little too simple for my liking.
Laurel
A beautiful story, Fey Lights will draw you in to the bizarre, exciting and amazing universe of Dominique and Jeani. This novella is well written and the world-building is brilliant.

A quick, gentle read.
Edwin Downward
Liana has woven an enjoyable vignette of old loves and new lives.
Arlia
Arlia marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Annmarie Wise
Annmarie Wise marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
David Caldwell
David Caldwell marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
Renn Hadley
Renn Hadley marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
Wendy Sparrow
Wendy Sparrow marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2013
Dehnia Duplan
Dehnia Duplan marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
N.E. Wilson
N.E. Wilson marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Malika Bourne
Malika Bourne marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2013
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2013
AnnaM
AnnaM marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
Alexandria Darcy
Alexandria Darcy marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2012
Lona Johnston
Lona Johnston marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2012
Even Villains Fall In Love Real Lies Seventy Even Villains Go To The Movies (Heroes and Villains #2) Tales From The SFR Brigade