Start by marking “The Wolf at My Door” as Want to Read:
The Wolf at My Door

The Wolf at My Door (Love is Always Write)

3.1 of 5 stars 3.10  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Dear Author,
I can't believe my best friend overpowered me and left me trussed up like a cheap rump roast. And who the hell did he phone before he left? Is that his key in the lock? The minute I get loose I'm going to kill him.

This story was written as a part of the M/M Romance Group's "Love is Always Write" event. Group members were asked to write a story prompt inspired b
Published July 18th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about The Wolf at My Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wolf at My Door

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Is friend ties him up and leaves him for over an hour. Tells him nothing and then just sends a Dom to him?

The swearing is too much for even me and is getting really annoying.

Also the repetitive and childish dialogue is annoying "untie me" "no" "untie me" "sweetie"

Yeah the whore walks through the door calling him sweetie.

It's made it clear it's trying to imitate 50 shades of grey. And for being just as ridiculous and annoying I'd say it succeeded.

And why doesn't he just say bubble gum if he w
Darkm
I had some troubles with this story, I can try to understand that Sam (god, I wanted to strangle him) wanted to play a joke, but if Wolf is really a Dom that's not the way he would have acted.

And if you use the safe-word, things have to stop.
I understand they were "playing around" but then that's not how you safely do it, at least not in my book.
Virginia
2.5 stars. Sam really annoyed me and I didn't like the playing with the safe word. I did like Jason and Wolf, though, and it is a free short which I'm not as tough on.
Stacey Jo
His best friend ties him up and leaves him bound until another shows up. It's all a misunderstanding. He thinks Wolfgang, the one who shows up, is not what he seems. Wolfgang is hurt by his assumptions and storms out. He realizes his mistake, but his best friend is the biggest jerk on the planet who is notorious for really tasteless and bad practical jokes, won't help him fix the misunderstanding. He finally takes matters into his own hand and seeks Wolfgang out to fix things himself. Makes for ...more
Joan
I enjoyed this story up to the moment when the safe word was used. I thought that the whole point of a safe word was to be safe, to stop everything at that point. It made me feel very unsure about the characters and put a rather different slant on the story. I felt uncomfortable about it.
Dan
This was super! I almost didn't read it because of bad reviews, and am so glad I didn't let that discourage me.
It amazes me how authors can volunteer stories on prompts and do such a wonderful job remarkably fast .
Thanks for sharing this free-be and your talent Pia.
Miriki
This book is only a flirt with BDSM and shouldn't be taken too seriously!

I like both characters and tension was delicious. A satisfying read till the end <3
Tailtiu
I agree with Peyrac's review
A safe word has to be a safe! word!
Pia Veleno
Jul 18, 2012 Pia Veleno added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Wolves aren't always big and bad...

Pamela Su
Okay, I get that certain aspects of this story got on some people's bad side because it's not following the usual rules of BDSM. I get it. This really isn't an example of good BDSM play. Yes, I agree. However, I didn't read this book from a BDSM aspect and enjoyed it for what it was. My impression is that both main characters were newbies at this and just playing at the concept of it.

Unlike that horrible best-selling book that shall not be named, I didn't get the impression that Wolfgang was su
Penumbra
This is the story of Jason's roommate Sam, who plays a practical joke on Jason that involves Wolfgang, one of Sam's co-workers.

I enjoyed this story with it's humor and quick pace. The characters were well done with distinct personalities. However there were a couple elements in the story that really bugged me. The first big and I mean big one, was leaving Jason tied up and alone in the apartment. Never ever, ever, ever leave someone tied up alone. That is plain common sense. What if the person h
Katy Beth Mckee
Sam ties up his roommate and leaves him there. Jason is upset and angry but then his "birthday surprise" shows up and he starts to go with flow. It turns out to be incredible and he feels himself wanting more. But this is just a paid date and he says so. Too late he finds out his mistake and realizes this practical joke really went too far. But how to convince this great guy he's worth a second chance.
GlamLawyer
I'm not able to review that one. It was such a weird story. I didn't like anything about it; neither the odd plot nor the characters did anything for me. Sometimes a story just doesn't work.
Brian
Excellent story. I wish the idiot friend Sam had gotten his just desserts. With friends like that, who needs enemies. LOL
Victoria
I really enjoyed this story. Loved Jase and Wolf, and would love to read more about them. Thank you Pia Veleno, for donating your story, time and talent.
Jack
Jack added it
Jul 14, 2015
melek
melek marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Ash
Ash added it
Aug 28, 2015
Angeltaken
Angeltaken marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Carolina
Carolina marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Caitlan
Caitlan marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Doren Mar
Doren Mar marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Pia is currently inactive on Goodreads for everything except her personal reading list. For news and updates, please follow her on Twitter (@PiaVeleno) or at www.piaveleno.com

Pia is a dirty girl, but she knows you're naughty too. Tongue in cheek, and everywhere else, Pia spends her time running nowhere, avoiding housework, and randomly quoting Placebo lyrics. Now that others are reading her storie
More about Pia Veleno...

Love is Always Write (1 - 10 of 147 books)
  • Into Deep Waters
  • Magick's Cucumber
  • For Those Who Wait
  • Disciplinary Action
  • Soulmates
  • With This Ring
  • Predators
  • Roses in the Devil's Garden (Fallen Rose, #1)
  • Time Enough
  • Dirty Play
Freedom's Souvenir Hounded by Love Make You Sweat Fallen Man Whore (Personal Demons #1)