Start by marking “Angel's Heart: The Keeper” as Want to Read:
Angel's Heart: The Keeper

Angel's Heart: The Keeper

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  34 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Unaware of an age-old prophecy, secret societies, and an enemy she doesn't know she has, Sophie Crenshaw thinks of herself as just being average. Along with her two best friends, Deva and Tabitha, Sophie sets off on what she thinks is a normal vacation. What she doesn't know is that everything she thought she knew about who she is, and what she can do, is about to change. ...more
Paperback, second, 242 pages
Published July 24th 2012 (first published July 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Angel's Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel's Heart

Lizzy Lessard
Mar 04, 2013 Lizzy Lessard rated it did not like it
I should have learned by now that the first chapter of a book typically reflects what to expect in the rest of the book. The first chapter of Angel's Heart: The Keeper was boring with cliche characters and an overused backstory. If I had stopped after the first chapter, I would never have guessed how bad this book could possibly be. It was the literary equivalency of Honey Boo Boo and felt like fan-fiction of all the popular paranormal books mixed together. In fact, if you piece together the wor ...more
Christy
Aug 06, 2012 Christy rated it it was amazing
Great book. I enjoyed the character development and was sucked in from the get go. I'm big on descriptive work and Lisa Bilbrey creates the scenes, giving the reader plenty to go on.
Jess
Feb 02, 2013 Jess rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-arc-copy
Received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

The novel started promisingly and I enjoyed the first chapter as it set the scene and introduced the characters well, but after that I found my concentration slipping. This was mostly due to Sophie’s constant crying (I know her life gets turned upside down but still), overly-used words (for example, groused) and the odd sentence that I had to re-read.
I found the villain Whitley slightly disappointing; she’s supposed to be really e
Shaila
Aug 12, 2014 Shaila rated it it was amazing
Rating- 4.5 STARS!
REVIEW- The Keeper is a realistic take on the supernatural. First of all, the pace was fast throughout, which made the story even more compelling. The storyline is very intriguing. Bilbrey has included very engaging elements throughout, which I can't even begin to describe, while doing the story justice at the same time. The characters were very well developed and their reactions to the plot, was what made the story realistic in a way. While I generally don't have a cemented op
Paula Howard
Feb 05, 2014 Paula Howard rated it it was amazing
I have say that I totally loved Angel's Heart: The Keeper by Lisa Bilbrey, even though it is not my typical genre.

Sophie has suffered great loss in her life. Her mother died at birth and her father had been dead now a year. Sophie, an aspiring artist, has now been rejected by the owner who had been showing her work. Her two best friends Deva and Tabitha talk her into going on a vacation. This is where the real action is. On the plan she meet Henry Chang and sparks immediately fly.

What Sophie do
R.E. Hargrave
Sep 21, 2012 R.E. Hargrave rated it it was amazing
Angel's Heart hits the ground running; you don't really stop until you reach the end, and are left wondering: Where's the rest? But not in the bad way; in the good way of you want more.

Watching the page count climb as I worked my way through the book was bittersweet; I wanted to know what was going to happen next, but knew that every page turned would take me closer to the end. Bilbrey writes with a smooth flowing style that lets you envision the lush island all around without losing focus of t
Jenae (Jeni)
May 26, 2014 Jenae (Jeni) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
****POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT****

Now that we got that out of the way, let me explain my four star rating. I would have given 5 stars but there were just too many blatant mistakes. Plus Sophie irritated the hell out of me with her bratty attitude. Once you get passed her selfishness an the mistakes, you find a really interesting story. I'm excited to read part 2, and hope our heroine has grown up a lot.
Chris
May 16, 2014 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe that I haven't rated this book before. Great characters and a great story. The conflict is genuine and didn't want to put it down while I was reading it. Probably my favorite story from the author.
Jennifer Garcia
Mar 31, 2013 Jennifer Garcia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I just enjoyed this books so much.

I recommend this read. It's a beautiful story that deserves to be read and shared. Trust! Another great work of art from a great author and friend.

The rest of my review can be found on my blog Italian Brat's Obsessions

~Thank you to Renaissance Romance Publishing, the author, and Jitterbug PR for the ARC of this book in exchange for a review … a review that was given with lots of love and honesty. It was my pleasure to have the opportunity to read this incredibl
Chele
Oct 19, 2014 Chele rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Angel's Heart :The keeper and I loved it. I read straight through.
The story drew me in from the first word. and kept me there til the end.
Strong characters ,,fate,destiny,betrayal,true love.
This story is about a young woman named Sophie,who appears to have lost everything including her identity.
Join her and her friends on the journey to discovering just who Sophie is and what she was born to do.
Kerry
Apr 20, 2013 Kerry rated it it was amazing
You ended it there? Seriously?! At least there's another book following. This was a very good book. Its really neat how you incorporate some of your ideas from your fanfics into your novels. Very awesome! Can't wait for book 2!
Becky Perry
Becky Perry marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Debta Davis
Debta Davis marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
KH
KH added it
May 01, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Lani
Lani is currently reading it
Apr 28, 2016
Montzalee Wittmann
Montzalee Wittmann marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Tami ~1 click addict~
Tami ~1 click addict~ marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Dawn Foster
Dawn Foster is currently reading it
Jan 10, 2016
Shannon Flynn
Shannon Flynn rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Jamesha
Jamesha marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Joyce Morrison
Joyce Morrison rated it did not like it
Aug 31, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Lauren Terry
Lauren Terry marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Angel's Heart: The Keeper 2 9 Aug 31, 2012 05:58PM
  • Éire's Captive Moon (Éire's Viking, #1)
  • No Sacrifice
  • Roses in Ecuador
  • Mistletoe Magic
  • Holding on to Hope
  • Einstein's Peep Show
  • Breaking Saint Jude
  • Finding Home
  • Spaghetti Western (Delectable #5)
  • Over the Edge
  • Naturally, Charlie
  • Red River (Pack, #2)
  • Every Inferno
  • True Brit
Obsessive, compulsive, slightly crazed, but enough about her personality. First and foremost, Lisa Bilbrey is a mom to three and a wife to one. She loves to write, and spends the majority of everyday writing. It's who she is, and what she's meant to be doing. Words are her life, the air she breathes, and the nutrients of her soul.

Finding a love in the written word, Lisa Bilbrey started writing as
More about Lisa Bilbrey...