Angel's Heart:The Keeper

Angel's Heart:The Keeper

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Unaware of an age-old prophecy, secret societies, and an enemy she doesn't know she has, Sophie Crenshaw thinks of herself as just being average. Along with her two best friends, Deva and Tabitha, Sophie sets off on what she thinks is a normal vacation. What she doesn't know is that everything she thought she knew about who she is, and what she can do, is about to change....more
Paperback, second, 242 pages
Published July 24th 2012 (first published July 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Angel's Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel's Heart

Lizzy Lessard
I should have learned by now that the first chapter of a book typically reflects what to expect in the rest of the book. The first chapter of Angel's Heart: The Keeper was boring with cliche characters and an overused backstory. If I had stopped after the first chapter, I would never have guessed how bad this book could possibly be. It was the literary equivalency of Honey Boo Boo and felt like fan-fiction of all the popular paranormal books mixed together. In fact, if you piece together the wor...more
Christy
Great book. I enjoyed the character development and was sucked in from the get go. I'm big on descriptive work and Lisa Bilbrey creates the scenes, giving the reader plenty to go on.
Jess
Received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

The novel started promisingly and I enjoyed the first chapter as it set the scene and introduced the characters well, but after that I found my concentration slipping. This was mostly due to Sophie’s constant crying (I know her life gets turned upside down but still), overly-used words (for example, groused) and the odd sentence that I had to re-read.
I found the villain Whitley slightly disappointing; she’s supposed to be really e...more
Anna -  Martini Times Romance
I received this book as an arc in exchange for an honest review from the author, Lisa Bilbrey.

Angel's Heart: The Keeper started out engaging, and I was really interested in where the story was going, but somewhere after 20% into it, it started falling flat and I lost concentration.

Most likely this was do to the main character's constant crying. (Sophie had good reasons to be upset, but I felt that crying was all she did and it got annoying real quick.) Sophie is supposed to be on the verge of...more
Shaila
Rating- 4.5 STARS!
REVIEW- The Keeper is a realistic take on the supernatural. First of all, the pace was fast throughout, which made the story even more compelling. The storyline is very intriguing. Bilbrey has included very engaging elements throughout, which I can't even begin to describe, while doing the story justice at the same time. The characters were very well developed and their reactions to the plot, was what made the story realistic in a way. While I generally don't have a cemented op...more
Paula Howard
I have say that I totally loved Angel's Heart: The Keeper by Lisa Bilbrey, even though it is not my typical genre.

Sophie has suffered great loss in her life. Her mother died at birth and her father had been dead now a year. Sophie, an aspiring artist, has now been rejected by the owner who had been showing her work. Her two best friends Deva and Tabitha talk her into going on a vacation. This is where the real action is. On the plan she meet Henry Chang and sparks immediately fly.

What Sophie do...more
R.E. Hargrave
Angel's Heart hits the ground running; you don't really stop until you reach the end, and are left wondering: Where's the rest? But not in the bad way; in the good way of you want more.

Watching the page count climb as I worked my way through the book was bittersweet; I wanted to know what was going to happen next, but knew that every page turned would take me closer to the end. Bilbrey writes with a smooth flowing style that lets you envision the lush island all around without losing focus of t...more
Jenae (Jeni)
****POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT****

Now that we got that out of the way, let me explain my four star rating. I would have given 5 stars but there were just too many blatant mistakes. Plus Sophie irritated the hell out of me with her bratty attitude. Once you get passed her selfishness an the mistakes, you find a really interesting story. I'm excited to read part 2, and hope our heroine has grown up a lot.
Chris Laxson
I can't believe that I haven't rated this book before. Great characters and a great story. The conflict is genuine and didn't want to put it down while I was reading it. Probably my favorite story from the author.
Jennifer Garcia
I just enjoyed this books so much.

I recommend this read. It's a beautiful story that deserves to be read and shared. Trust! Another great work of art from a great author and friend.

The rest of my review can be found on my blog Italian Brat's Obsessions

~Thank you to Renaissance Romance Publishing, the author, and Jitterbug PR for the ARC of this book in exchange for a review … a review that was given with lots of love and honesty. It was my pleasure to have the opportunity to read this incredibl...more
Kerry
You ended it there? Seriously?! At least there's another book following. This was a very good book. Its really neat how you incorporate some of your ideas from your fanfics into your novels. Very awesome! Can't wait for book 2!
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Kayla Eklund
Kayla Eklund marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Aixa
Aixa marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
FS Meurinne
FS Meurinne marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Darlene Cruz
Darlene Cruz marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Terry
Terry marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Earicka
Earicka marked it as to-read
Kathie Acosta
Kathie Acosta marked it as to-read
Casey Chapman
Casey Chapman marked it as to-read
Jackie Wolfred
Jackie Wolfred marked it as to-read
Angel's Heart: The Keeper 2 9 Aug 31, 2012 05:58PM
  • Mountain Charm (Appalachian Heart Collection, #2)
  • Summer Heat (Beach Reads, #1)
  • Late Night With Andres
  • Healing Faith (In Your World, #1)
  • Holding on to Hope
  • More Than Friends (More #1)
  • Code Red
  • Naturally, Charlie
  • Plus One
  • My Mr. Manny
  • A Divine Life (The Divine Trilogy, #2)
  • Where We Fell
  • Slick as Ides
  • Spring Training (Game On #1)
  • Collared for a Night (Rocky Mountain Shifters, #1)
  • In Chains (In Chains, #1)
  • Caged Heat (Black Meadow Pack, #2)
  • Hydraulic Level Five (Hydraulic, #1)
Obsessive, compulsive, slightly crazed, but enough about her personality. First and foremost, Lisa Bilbrey is a mom to three and a wife to one. She loves to write, and spends the majority of everyday writing. It's who she is, and what she's meant to be doing. Words are her life, the air she breathes, and the nutrients of her soul.

Finding a love in the written word, Lisa Bilbrey started writing as...more
More about Lisa Bilbrey...
The Journey Home (The Journey Collection, #1) Life's Unexpected Gifts The Journey of Champions (The Journey Collection, #2) The Journey to Forever (The Journey Collection, #3) The Journey to a New Life (The Journey Collection, #4)