Start by marking “Das Zauberpferd” as Want to Read:
Das Zauberpferd

Das Zauberpferd

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  146 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Eigentlich kann Irina Weihnachten gar nicht leiden. Denn dann sieht sie, wie andere Kinder mit ihren Eltern und Geschwistern Weihnachtsbäume aussuchen, und Irina hat keine Geschwister. Und einen Weihnachtsbaum gibt es auch nicht mehr, seitdem ihre Mutter beschlossen hat, dass Irina für diesen Zinnober nun zu alt sei. Sie solle sich für das Geld lieber etwas Vernünftiges wü ...more
Published November 2006 by Diogenes (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Das Zauberpferd, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Das Zauberpferd

Lori Watts
Jul 01, 2013 Lori Watts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enchanted horse is a great link in literacy for descriptive writing and a tool for the children to use their imagination.

This book is about a young lonely girl that comes across a wooden horse in a junk shop. The twist in the story though is that the wooden horse actually comes to life...

The only problem I found with this book is that the girls in the class were more interested in it than the boys, which did mean that their work was not as enthusiastic. This should be considered.
Rea
I had this one on cassette as a kid. I used to listen to it over and over. Recommended for young girls who like horses.
~☆laura
I bought book recently because it was the first book I read as a child and I fell completely in love with it, now rereading it as an adult I feel much the same way. This is a beautiful book I highly recommend it for anybody who has a little girl the book is simply magical a lovely tale about a magical horse brought back to life by Irina one Christmas. The tale deals with subtle lessons and is ultimately about love and friendship this is a lovely book I highly recommend
Kandis Dawkins
Mar 05, 2016 Kandis Dawkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I first read this book as a little girl. I loved the magic of it in an everyday setting. I can't place exactly what drew me to the book, but I remember reading it before bed every night for weeks. Now I'm an adult with a little girl of my own, and I can hardly wait for her to be old enough to read it to her before bed, too.
Amy
Really great book l. I didn't like when the parents thought it was a rocking horse but it was a real life horse . I loved it at the end when their was a foal and then the foal stayed with irana
Helena-Clare
Mar 08, 2015 Helena-Clare rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Currently using this book with my 7-8 year old guided reading group. It's brilliant for getting them to think about descriptive writing and empathising with the main character.
Tiffany
Aug 10, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nostalgic christmas child memories. Have bought and read this since. Still love it.
Cat Astrophe
Jun 06, 2015 Cat Astrophe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is great. Always going to have a special place in my heart <3
Susie
Nov 08, 2015 Susie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful, moving story but not horribly sad like most horse books!
Charley Hunt
Tina
Jul 30, 2008 Tina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chapter-book
Theme: Gift of love
Summary: A story about a lonely, shy and poor girl who chooses a diry old toy horse from a junk store for christmas only to discover that it turns into a real horse at night because she's been taking such good care of it. However, she learns a hard lesson in loving animals and claiming them as your own.
Fatema Meamari
Aug 26, 2011 Fatema Meamari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, animal-related
One of the most heart-warming, beautiful and enchanting (pun intended) children books out there. Beautiful and very heart wrenching in certain parts. Wonderful read. I wish I'd read this as a kid, it would have had a certain impact on my life. MAKE YOUR KIDS/NIECES AND NEPHEWS/BROTHERS AND SISTERS READ THIS.
RogueHireling
May 04, 2012 RogueHireling rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bitter sweet story of love found and lost. A young girls love of a horse and the transient nature thereof. Also a reminder to parents that children need something outside themselves to grown and be happy.
Sylvia
Nov 03, 2009 Sylvia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fairy tale like story of a girl and her poor little rocking horse that comes to life. Very good story!
Grace
Jan 26, 2013 Grace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The edition I read had beautiful illustrations. It scared me a little I think.
Dawn
Apr 22, 2011 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely fantasy story where a toy horse comes to life.
Tharun
Tharun marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Panpacaerphilly.Gov.Uk
Panpacaerphilly.Gov.Uk marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Regina Kovire
Regina Kovire marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Fussy Tongue
Fussy Tongue rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Jo-Jo
Jo-Jo marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Edie
Edie added it
Apr 04, 2016
Luciana
Luciana rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Sarah Hodges
Sarah Hodges marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Alice
Alice rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2016
Kristine Hansen
Kristine Hansen marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Alisha
Alisha added it
Mar 17, 2016
Margie
Margie rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Howie Monroe and the Doghouse of Doom (Tales From the House of Bunnicula, #3)
  • The Fourth Pony Pal (Pony Pals Super Special, #4)
  • Carlotta's Kittens (Cat Pack #3)
  • Lara and the Gray Mare (Hoofbeats: Lara and the Gray Mare, #1)
  • The Cat Who Wished to Be a Man
  • Foals in the Field (Animal Ark, #24)
  • Upchuck and the Rotten Willy
  • Me and Katie (the Pest)
  • Three Terrible Trins
  • Stealing Thunder
  • Tarzan (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Dog Lost
  • Young Cam Jansen and the Ice Skate Mystery (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • A Horse Named Dragon (The Boxcar Children, #114)
MAGDALEN NABB was born in Lancashire in 1947 and trained as a potter. In 1975 she abandoned pottery, sold her home and her car, and came to Florence with her son, knowing nobody and speaking no Italian. She has lived there ever since, and pursues a dual career as crime writer and children's author.

She has written fourteen crime novels featuring Marshal Guarnaccia of the carabinieri, all set in Flo
More about Magdalen Nabb...