Start by marking “To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)” as Want to Read:
To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1)

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  105,189 Ratings  ·  12,888 Reviews
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her firs ...more
Published April 15th 2014 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny HanIsla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie PerkinsWe Were Liars by E. LockhartSince You've Been Gone by Morgan MatsonWhat I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
2014 Contemporary YA
1st out of 268 books — 1,775 voters
YA Novels of 2014
18th out of 1,526 books — 8,826 voters

More lists with this book...

Avery TheLibrariansDaughter
If I wrote this book it would go a little something like this:
To all the boys I've loved before...
Fuck You.
description
Khanh (the Grinch)
There are certain lines that you do not cross, and coveting your beloved sister's ex-boyfriend is one of them. That's why this book made me gag a little.

This book was purposeless. There was no ending. There was no romance. There was no character growth (and the main character was pretty dumb to begin with). I don't usually read contemporary YA novels, but when I do, I have certain expectations. I want sweetness, I want a character that matures, and I want some really cute romance. Yeah. Me. Want
Raeleen Lemay
Well... That was disappointing.

I absolutely could not stand Lara Jean's voice. She sounded like a child, even though she's 16 years old. STOP. She also cried any time something mildly unfortunate happened, and that got old real fast.

I fail to see how any of the romance in this book was cute. There are two love interests, and both of them were horrible. I wasn't rooting for either of them at all.

ALSO, the letters, which I thought would be a big part of the story, were really only used as somethin
Regan
Mar 29, 2014 Regan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
I read this in a day. SO CUTE.

Follows a girl called Lara Jean and through her life she has written letters to all the boys she has loved in her past, she keeps these letters safely tucked away from the word. However, one day she finds they are gone, her letters have been sent out, and everyone she has ever loved now knows. Including her older sisters ex-boyfriend. This story follows Lara Jean as she struggles with her relationship with her older sister and her past loves.

It had so many levels,
Emily May
Mar 16, 2016 Emily May rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Blurb: Lara Jean's love life goes from imaginary to out of control in this heartfelt novel from the New York Times bestselling author of The Summer I Turned Pretty series.

The Reality: Privileged, boring, 16-year-old girl (whose "voice" sounds closer to 12) feels sorry for herself because her sister's boyfriend doesn't want her. Until he does. Conclusion? There is none. Just a lot of faffing about, moronically pining, and an inconclusive non-ending.

2014 Contemporary YA sucks. So many books I'
Hailey (HailsHeartsNyc)
SPOILER FREE REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG3FN...

*Reread April 2016
Still enjoyed it!

That ending though...
That's all I have to say
Jessica (priceiswong)
Jul 01, 2015 Jessica (priceiswong) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own
Reread in June 2015 for my Goodreads group readalong! Loved it just as much the second time!

1st read:
SO CUTE.
I loved the Song sister's relationship! Can't wait for book two! I didn't realize at first that there were going to be more and I was so sad that this book was over :(

Keep watching for my full review! PLUS a giveaway is coming soon near you soon!! *wink wink*
Whitney Atkinson
Feb 28, 2016 Whitney Atkinson rated it liked it
This book was so dramatic and childish that I just could not enjoy it. Lara Jean's plan was so foolish and the love triangle in this was so irritating that I found myself craving the scenes that focused on family rather than relationships. I gave this book some stars though because I listened to it on audiobook in two sittings and it was rather addicting, even though I hated Peter and the ending was a bit of a let-down. You might like this if you're into dramatic, cheesy YA books about jealousy ...more
Brianna H
This sounds adorable!

And looks pretty adorable too!

Taschima Cullen
Jun 24, 2013 Taschima Cullen marked it as to-read
I love this title. Like, really love it. It's just, we all have boys we have loved before so it resonates. Plus it sounds like quite a beginning to an awesome letter to all your past loves about why it didn't quite work out. We can only hope for a very juicy/scandalous explanation.

description
Prami
Jul 02, 2014 Prami rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
3.5 Stars

It's been awhile since I wrote any review so my writing might be a little rustic, just bear with me. :)

Lara Jean is a half Korean teenager who is the middle sister to older Margot and little Kitty. Their mother passed away nine years prior to the events in the novel. So basically it's Lara Jean and Margot who looks after the family. In the start of the book, Margot goes away to Scotland for college. And thus the responsibility of her Dad and little sister Kitty falls under Lara jean's s
Samantha
Dec 29, 2015 Samantha rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
On further consideration, this is more of a 3.5 star for me.
Steph Sinclair
Actual rating 2.5 stars. This might change after I think more on it.

I really enjoyed the dynamic between Margot and Lara Jean, the banter between Lara Jean and Peter and the Harry Potter scene with Josh and Lara Jean. The novel had a few high points, but it didn't consistently hook me scene after scene the way I was hoping for. Still, I can completely see why it's a beloved book by many of my friends. Full review to come maybe.
Natalie Monroe
EDIT 8/2/2014: Marking this down to one star. My original 3-star review can be found below.

Let's kick off this review with a little music:

Look at me, I'm Lara Jean!
Lousy at figuring out mysteries
Won't drive a car unless I absolutely have to
I can't! I'm Lara Jean!

Watch it! Hey, I'm Miss Goody Two-shoes
I was not brought up that way
Scandalized by
Peter cheating off a quiz
Because cheating is so wrooooong.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is our protagonist. The girl whose head we have to live in for 288 pa
Tabetha
Nov 01, 2015 Tabetha rated it really liked it
Sixteen year old daydreamer Lara Jean has written love letters to all the boys she has ever had crushes on. These are not typical love letters but are more like good bye letters that help Lara Jean have some closure over the boys that broke her heart. When the letters are mailed without her knowledge, she is beyond upset. As her crushes begin to receive the secret letters, Lara Jean must provide an explanation to the boys, and a romantic comedy soon begins to unfold...

"To All the Boys I've Loved
Katie
Jun 17, 2015 Katie rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This is about a 3.7. I read this in one day. I honestly didn't want to put it down and I barely did. Jenny Han does contemporary really well. The way it ended was not how I thought it would when I started, which is always cool. I loved the relationship between the three sisters so much and found it really sweet and believable. Sometimes with contemporaries I find the mundanity of daily activities in the stories boring, but that didn't happen here. Which was really, really nice.
Perks Of Being A Fangirl
Nov 23, 2014 Perks Of Being A Fangirl rated it really liked it
Shelves: awesome-covers, 2014
SOO EXCITED!!!!

Chloe
Jul 30, 2015 Chloe rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I literally read this book in one sitting!
I really enjoyed it and can't wait to read the next one!
Brianna
Mar 12, 2014 Brianna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was one of the few people who was lucky enough to win this book in the giveaway. I had been a huge fan of Jenny Han ever since The Summer I Turned Pretty, and couldn't wait to read her newest novel.
Unfortunately, this book was just one giant disappointment for many reasons.

First of all, the main character was completely unrelatable and unrealistic. While in this YA novel she was supposedly in her later high school years, it seemed more like she was an annoying 13 year old girl trying to grow
Kate ♡
BLOG REVIEW:

I started this book a few weeks ago, and because of school I didn't really get much of a chance to read it, but once I did I went from page 120 to 420 in a matter of hours. I loved this book!

Well, I have now found my most relatable book character/protagonist of all time. Lara Jean literally is me (minus a few details but you get the picture). I absolutely loved her as a protagonist, and I just kept finding myself thinking wow, she is so real an
Kristina Horner
Aug 06, 2015 Kristina Horner rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, audiobooks
This is a 3.5 for me.
These kinds of contemporary romances tend to be addictive, so I did read it quickly, -- but I did not enjoy the story very much. I found Lara Jean to be immature and childish (referring to her parents as 'Mommy' and "Daddy' at 16 was so irritating and her innocent views of the world made her often seem younger than Kitty) and I found I disliked almost every character in the book.

Neither Peter nor Josh seemed like someone I wanted to root for. When your choices are "the guy
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
New Jenny Han book? Yes please.

*edit*

I'm not sure I'll be reviewing this book. I have a couple of things I do want to say but I'm not going to.
Mandy K
May 21, 2015 Mandy K rated it it was amazing
Full Review

You know what? I think I'm on a contemporary romance kick right now. Two contemporary romance books in a row is a rare occurrence for me. Out of all the books I own, I think I believe I only own 9 contemporary romances, 6 of which are Sarah Dessen. But I was wandering around the library this afternoon, and To All the Boys I've Loved Before caught my eye. I know that the sequel just came out, and I know that a lot of people adored this book. And I mean will you look at that cover? So I
Rachel Reads Ravenously (AKA The Wildcard Reader)
4 stars

GUYS! THIS WAS A SUPER CUTE BOOK!!!!

“Life doesn't have to be so planned. Just roll with it and let it happen.”

Lara Jean has written 5 letters for all of the boys she has "loved". She keeps them in her room, never intending them to be sent until the day the unthinkable happens, someone sends them. Now Lara Jean finds herself confronted with the boys from her past, namely two boys becoming more present. Josh, her sisters exboyfriend, and Peter the popular boy in school.

In an effort t
Pearl Angeli
"I think I see the difference now, between loving someone from afar and loving someone up close, you see the real them, but they also get to see the real you."

A cuteness overload book! Reading another Jenny Han's book as good as this is making me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I love it! Miss Jenny Han really never fails!

This book is a light and easy read. It's also swoon-worthy. I love the author's writing style, as usual. And of course, I love the characters-- Peter Kavinsky and Kitty, especial
Liam
Aug 31, 2015 Liam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was super cute and really addictive!!

The plot was not the best I will admit but, as a whole, the story was still really enjoyable; filled with love, family, friends, humour etc! There were times I was so frustrated because I just wanted Lara to make up her mind and stop playing with my emotions. I loved the ending bUT THAT CLIFF HANGER WASN'T NEEDED NOW I NEED TO READ THE NEXT BOOK ASAP!!

Unfortunately, most of the characters annoyed me at some time or another (apart from Kitty and the Dad,
Christy
 photo A243A358-1E7C-4B19-9FBE-4D887F514E18_zpsunyzffqw.jpg

It’s normal for me to read a book and listen to a different book, I’m always doing two at once. When I really get into an audio book, sometimes there are moments I could be reading and I’ll find things to do around the house so I can listen more. It's a sign I'm really into the story. That was me listening to this book. I was having so much fun with it, I didn’t want to stop listening. I was in a YA mood and I picked this up on a whim.

Lara Jean is getting ready to start her junior year of high
Jasmine
4 STARS!

“Do you know what it’s like to like someone so much you can’t stand it and know that they’ll never feel the same way?”

After having a bad streak of reads from NA and adult contemp alike, I decided to venture back into the YA genre and it was the best decision I made in a while. When I saw the paperback of this series in my bookstore and its lovely cover calling out to me, I just couldn't resist.

This was such a sweet, quirky read that features a heroine, Lara Jean Song Covey who hails
Jess
Dec 19, 2014 Jess rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those who are superficial & love a guy with an Audi enough to forget an immature protagonist
Essentially, this book is the equivalent to eating a sweet and sour lolly—childish voice but with a side of banter. I’m a fan of the sour sensation and not so much of the sweetness to follow. The thing with these sweets is, the numbing sourness is transient, often overtaken by a sweet dominance.

To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before gave me a hug, and held me in a manner that stupefied all my other instincts. And then it blindsided me. Because little did I know, while I was grinning ear to ear, t
Fenia
This book is another Horcruxe. Meaning another soul-mate book. I'm mindblown. I didnt expect it to love it so much. The whole concept is so original and funny and cute. WOW!!

Lara Jean is so much like me that it makes me scared. Are you watching me Jenny Han?? It was easy for me to relate with her,and just really get into the book. It took me long to read it because i wanted to stay longer inside the pages of this book. She just understands me. And dont get me started on Peter Kavinsky!!! He's..
  • Open Road Summer
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
  • Bright Before Sunrise
  • The Art of Lainey
  • Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)
  • Biggest Flirts (Superlatives, #1)
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • Just One Night (Just One Day, #2.5)
  • Nantucket Red (Nantucket, #2)
  • For Real
  • Something Real (Something Real, #1)
  • The Trouble with Flirting
  • What I Thought Was True
  • Maybe One Day
  • #scandal
  • Better off Friends
  • Side Effects May Vary

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (3 books)
  • P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2)
  • Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3)

“When someone's been gone a long time, at first you save up all the things you want to tell them. You try to keep track of everything in your head. But it's like trying to hold on to a fistful of sand: all the little bits slip out of your hands, and then you're just clutching air and grit.” 759 likes
“You'd rather make up a fantasy version of somebody in your head than be with a real person.” 658 likes