Start by marking “The Billionaire of Bluebonnet (Bluebonnet, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Billionaire of Bluebonnet (Bluebonnet, #1.5)

The Billionaire of Bluebonnet (Bluebonnet #1.5)

Risa’s luck was running out…

Risa Moore is content with her work as a live-in assistant to an elderly lady—until her boss passes on. Now, she’s stuck in the tiny town of Bluebonnet, Texas, with no job, nowhere to live, and no prospects. Leaving Bluebonnet means starting her life over from scratch, so when Risa gets the opportunity of a lifetime, it’s hard to turn it down. B
Published September 18th 2012 by Penguin Group (USA)

To ask other readers questions about The Billionaire of Bluebonnet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Billionaire of Bluebonnet

Feb 15, 2015 Jennifer rated it liked it
Originally posted at The Book NymphoIcon Read It Track It Icon Library Book icon ROMANCE

Read It, Track It is a way for me to track books for my reading challenges and they will be super short.

A small town version of Pretty Womanbut instead of the heroine being a hooker, she's an out of work teacher. And the small town guy turned billionaire is not paying for her bedroom services but her abilities as a pig nanny. That's right, I said pig. THE BILLIONAIRE OF BLUEBONNET was a fast and sexy side story set in the Bluebonnet series by Jessica Clare.

Aly is so frigging bored
It was lovely! Risa is a great character and I loved how she dealt with the things she didn't like, no drama or stupid ultimatums, she just explained what she wanted or thought and then he let Travis think on it. Travis was a little slow on catching on, but I loved how he didn't repeat his mistakes or that he didn't dismiss her ideas.

My favorite character though was the pig, Gregory. I swear this was the funniest pet ever! He was just so cute and smart and he managed to sucker people in doing w
Andyg.
Feb 21, 2015 Andyg. rated it it was ok
Billionaire of Bluebonnet-Jessica Clare “The woman opening the door was gorgeous.” “There was something soft and vulnerable underneath her friendly, polite smile” “she took his hand in hers and began to drag him across the living room to the French doors at the far end of the room. That small, warm contact of her hand touching his seemed incredibly intimate and casual.” “Risa had been dazzled by the handsome man this time. Now that she wasn’t being interviewed by him, she could relax and study ...more
Maggie Hesseling
Oct 31, 2016 Maggie Hesseling rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Though not as deep as I hoped it would go, this novel is a nice read nonetheless. About half way I was thinking 'why doesn't she just go? What is she doing sticking around? Take the pig. Go and find a new job.' And unfortunately that stayed with me throughout the novel until the end. But I did enjoy sections of it.
Dee
Oct 07, 2016 Dee rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

4.5 Feathers
Review also posted at Under The Covers Book Blog

Jessica Clare managed to capture my heart with this very short story. This book has the same flavor as The Girls Guide to (Man) Hunting but squeezed in a little package of a novella.

Travis Jesson is successful and a very rich businessman who had to come back home to the small town of Bluebonnet to take care of his inheritance. What he didn’t know was that his grandmother left him more than he expected. One smart grandmother, as she kn
Valancy
Oct 19, 2012 Valancy rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed the first book in this series The Girl's Guide to (Man) Hunting and I was looking forward to this novella while we waited for the next The Care and Feeding of an Alpha Male. I liked the story but this novella was very, very short! And I didn't feel like I could get 'into' the story at any point. Still, I'm looking forward to The Care and Feeding of an Alpha Male!
Josephine
Unfortunately this was extremely short so there was little time for a believable relationship to develop. Risa and Travis' meetings prior to the start of this book didn't let me believe they would be so willing to make life-altering changes after being together a week. Gregory the pig was fantastic. This is nothing like the other books in the series, so aside from being set partially in Bluebonnet, you don't need to read this at all (these characters weren't even mentioned in the first 2 ...more
Doris
Nov 04, 2012 Doris rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this novella a lot! While I agree with my dear friend Kristin on her point that occassionally in a novella characters have little time to develop, Travis melted my heart when he broke down looking at his granmother Pearl's scrapbook! This was a huge point in his favor and (for me) made up for the lack of development! Plus they sorta had a history (albeit more for her than him), which offset the lack of development for me...AND what Travis did after his emotional breakthrough just won ...more
Misti
Sep 30, 2012 Misti rated it liked it
This book got me in trouble. It showed up on my husband's kindle and he glanced at it and was horrified at the language. I hope he doesn't find 50 Shades of Grey on there. :O I really like this author, but although the pig was cute, it didn't really add much to the story. It was a novella though, a nice quick read. Extremely hot (which got me in hot water). I like the Succubus and Dating Service books a bit better than the Bluebonnet ones. Love this author!
Anne Jones
Aug 27, 2016 Anne Jones rated it it was ok
I've never had any problem with short story and I actually preferred one but tgis story is just bland. There is no chemistry whatsoever between the H n h. They just basically a hook-up whom all of sudden felt connected with each other????? This story really felt incomplete. The story kinda insulting thou as the H wouldn't even notice the h when she was not "beautiful" as she turned into and not wearing glasses. Urghhh so not fair
Jo
Jul 27, 2013 Jo rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
This book didn't seem to fit into the series at all. I hated the main guy, Travis. He was the typical CEO, can't live without his phone, overachieving jerk. He has been this way so long, and Risa changes his mind within a week? The whole thing didn't seem believable.

I love this series and can't wait for the next book in the series. So if this the is the first book you read in the series, don't be discouraged by this review, cause this series is awesome.
Josi
Sep 04, 2014 Josi rated it liked it
I liked this novella. The characters moved pretty fast but since it was so short, I guess they had to in order to wrap it up. I liked Gregory the pig. I am ready to read the next Bluebonnet book. This novella did not take place in Bluebonnet for very long. They were only there for like a couple of days.
Melanie

A too short, wayyyyy overpriced novella that doesn't really add anything to this otherwise great series. Unless this one suddenly becomes a free read, it definitely doesn't need to be read in order to enjoy the rest of what Bluebonnet has to offer (IMHO).....
Jennifer Gallagher
Feb 03, 2014 Jennifer Gallagher rated it it was amazing
This book by Jessica Clare really caught my attention... It was a fun read especially the cute wee pig... I have read all the books in the Bluebonnet series.. and I have loved them..This was one of the books you cannot put down until you have finished.. it is short but sweet..
Erin
This one was short, but surprisingly enjoyable.

We didn't really get to know either character deeply due to it's length.

Gregory was amusing.

All in all, I enjoyed it. I think it felt like she was starting to percolate ideas for the Billionaires Series and used this as a testing ground.
Annelise
Mar 15, 2014 Annelise rated it liked it
It was not the worst Ive read but also not the best. He was a little... hmmm... over the top. And the sex was not as good as book 1. All in all... a good short story just not in the the Bluebonnet line.
Kay
Oct 10, 2012 Kay rated it liked it
I gave it 3 stars because sometimes with a novella you don't have time for the couple to develop. That's what I felt here.
Mia Khan
Oct 06, 2012 Mia Khan rated it it was ok

This book was ok. I liked it but felt like I didn't really get to know the characters properly. Wish it was a bit longer.
Niki_B
Feb 21, 2013 Niki_B rated it really liked it
I liked the fact that the female love interest was a curvier girl. There just isn't enough of those.
Whitney
Whitney rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2013
Naomi
Naomi rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Fatima
Fatima rated it it was ok
Sep 08, 2013
Cris
Cris rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2015
Alexandra Favinha
Alexandra Favinha rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Jasmin P.
Jasmin P. rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Jennifer rated it really liked it
May 02, 2013
Carly Slone
Carly Slone rated it liked it
May 06, 2016
Katherine
Katherine rated it did not like it
Aug 25, 2015
Ana
Ana rated it it was ok
Jan 29, 2013
  • Journey To Fortune (Power Surge: The Billionaire Club, #4)
  • Simon Says: Mine (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #1.5)
  • To Claim His Mate (Wolfe Brothers, #4)
  • Bound to Billionaires (Doms of Destiny, Colorado, #2)
  • Merger to Marriage (Boardrooms & Billionaires, #2)
  • Two Sirs for Sasha (Club Esoteria #9)
  • Doctor's Orders (The Martinis and Chocolate Book Club, #1)
  • Her Forever Cowboy (Bad Boys Western Romance #1)
  • Megan's Men
  • The Billionaire's Milkmaid
  • A Ghostly Ménage
  • Inside Bet (Vegas Top Guns, #2)
  • The Most Wanted (Taken Hostage by Kinky Bank Robbers #4)
  • Learning Curves
  • Once Forgotten Twice Loved
  • Watch Me
  • Hometown Girl (Bad Boys of Red Hook, #0.5)
This is a pen name for Jill Myles.

Jill Myles has been an incurable romantic since childhood. She reads all the 'naughty parts' of books first, looks for a dirty joke in just about everything, and thinks to this day that the Little House on the Prairie books should have been steamier.

After devouring hundreds of paperback romances, mythology books, and archaeological tomes, she decided to write a fe
More about Jessica Clare...

Bluebonnet (5 books)
  • The Girl's Guide to (Man) Hunting (Bluebonnet, #1)
  • The Care and Feeding of an Alpha Male (Bluebonnet, #2)
  • The Expert's Guide to Driving a Man Wild (Bluebonnet, #3)
  • The Virgin's Guide to Misbehaving (Bluebonnet, #4)