Start by marking “Red Dawn (Crossroads Academy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Red Dawn (Crossroads Academy, #2)

Red Dawn (Crossroads Academy #2)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  688 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Katia’s done running. She’s fought fiercely to protect her identity, her secrets, and those she loves most. And while it hasn’t been easy, she’s finally making peace with the past. Katia’s even looking forward to the start of a new school year at Crossroads Academy.

Too bad things at Crossroads are going to be a little different this fall. There are new rules, new students,
Published August 28th 2012 (first published August 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Red Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Dawn

Angelfall by Susan EeThese Broken Stars by Amie KaufmanThe Selection by Kiera CassCinder by Marissa MeyerWither by Lauren DeStefano
Books With Good Covers
87th out of 243 books — 99 voters
Beyond the World of Man by Sheryl SealAmong the Shrouded by Amalie JahnBeyond Oria Falls by Sheryl SealThe Witches of Snyder Farms by Lenora HensonThe Wicked Garden by Lenora Henson
Books With Supernatural Females
172nd out of 484 books — 267 voters

More lists with this book...

Nereid
Sep 18, 2012 Nereid rated it liked it
I liked the first book in this series and Red Dawn does not disappoint either. Katia is a "take no prisoners" take charge kind of girl and I like that about her. She has fought hard to survive in the world of pure bloods and is loyal to a fault with those she loves. Life at Crossroads is different this year with lots of new changes yet some things stay the same like her feelings towards Jade and Blaine. To save the life of a friend, Katia and Nik sneak out of school and take off to find the cure ...more
Tara B.
Jul 16, 2012 Tara B. rated it it was amazing
The second book in the series was just as captivating and as quick a read as the first book. We get to see Katia continuing to grow and build relationships with those around her. Shaye becomes a focal point for Katia in this book as her illness and finding the possible cure are top of mind and become more pressing. I liked that this brought out Katia's more likeable side.... although I really enjoyed how strong and sassy she was in the first book. Heroines that are perfect, flittering, or in nee ...more
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

Red Dawn is the sequel to the awesome Crossroads book. In this one, Katia will stop at nothing to help save her friend who has a rare condition. She's going to break all the rules to help her friend. And along the way she's going to have to figure out a few more relationship stuff of her own.

This book was not nearly as good as the first one. Red Dawn had a lot of drama in it that never really seemed to reveal itself, and then when it did we were left wi
Booknut
When you go to a boarding school for vampires, you expect the unexpected.

But nowhere in Katia's tolerance for blood drinking, foolish behaviour, annoying headmasters and gruelling detentions, is there a space for rules, regulations and order. Returning to Crossroads Academy for a new year, Katia is surprised at the strictness that has entered the halls, the uniform they're being forced into wearing and the appearance of a new student. Vampires live for a long time, and Crossroads is pretty old.
Diayll
Sep 25, 2012 Diayll rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-by-aimeekay
Originally Reviewed At:Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 4 out of 5 Controllers
Review Source: Author for Honest Review
Reviewer: AimeeKay

So loving’ the Crossroads Academy series! Just finished Red Dawn, the second book in the series and I can’t wait to see what happens next. As in the first book, Red Dawn is written in the first person present. As many of my readers know, I’m not always a huge fan of this POV. Mainly, and I admit, because I’m not used to it, but also because if it’s not done right it ju
Robie
Jul 22, 2012 Robie rated it it was amazing
I was very excited for the second book of Crossroads to be released, and it definitely did not disappoint. I loved getting to know Katia and Nik more. This story has a great story line that just keeps getting better and better as the book goes on. I found it very hard to put down. The ending was amazing and I can’t wait for a third book!
Becky
Jul 15, 2012 Becky rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed the second book in this series! It is well written and has great flow from beginning to end. All of the action in this book makes it hard to put down. I can't wait to see how this series is going to end!!
GTR33GURL
Jan 12, 2015 GTR33GURL rated it it was amazing
Red dawn picks up where crossroads finished with the cure for the blood disease being stolen by rebels and shay is fading fast Katia and Nik have to do something she can't lose her best friend Katia is still as strong and sassy as ever Nik still by her side lots of kisses but still unsure where there relationship stands lots of action in this one and more secrets are revealed this is all action I love Katia's relationship with Aldo her pseudo father he is all a father should be such a wonderful ...more
Zimt
Feb 13, 2015 Zimt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In "Red Dawn", the second Novel of the Crossroads Academy Trilogy by J.J. Bonds, there are more secrets than ever and Katia needs to solve them or she will lose everything she holds dear.

We are back at Crossroads Academy and Katia (Kate) begins her second year at school. After all the revelations from the last book, Katia hopes for an uneventful year. Her next goal is the development of her talents like her blood visions. Together with Anya, she is working hard on this new challenge. Also, the r
P.G. Allison
Feb 23, 2015 P.G. Allison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Wonderful Book!

Katia is back for another year at her exclusive boarding school. All the relationships which developed during the first book are further developed in this book, both good and bad. Nik is loyal and when Katia feels compelled to take direct action in order to find the cure to save her friend, he is willing to help. Such a great guy! He sees through her snarky personality and is attracted to the person inside, the girl who has survived some terrible things and is learning to
Stephanie Ward
Aug 23, 2012 Stephanie Ward rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
'Red Dawn' is a riveting young adult paranormal novel - the second in the Crossroads Academy series. It follows young vampire Katia and her quest to help find a cure for a blood disease that threatens to kill her friend. Katia embarks on a journey to salvage the cure for this disease and unknowingly unmasks a conspiracy larger than anyone ever knew. Besides worrying for her friends life and fighting for her own, Katia has to figure out her feelings and relationship with Nik.

Being new to the Cros
RECEIVED: Author
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

3.5 Stars

REVIEW:
Second book in the J.J. Bonds Crossroads Academy was full of action and focused on Katia’s determination to help her closest friend. Once again Bonds sucks her readers into this unique vampire world, full of romance, adventure and a new conspiracy.

Red Dawn follows Katia who is just starting up her next semester at Crossroads Academy. She is now rooming with her best friend Shaye and
Michelle Cornwell-Jordan
Jul 16, 2013 Michelle Cornwell-Jordan rated it it was amazing
Book:1 The Crossroads Academy series Book#1 and #2 follows seventeen year old Katia who is the new girl at an exclusive boarding called CrossRoads Academy. The only thing Katia wishes to do is to study hard and train for one reason, to make her Uncle Aldo proud. Katia does not want to make friends, desiring to remain under the radar. Katia has a painful past and a dark secret and to protect not only herself but those she loves, she attempts to keep her distance. This proves difficult as she meet ...more
Naomi
Jun 02, 2013 Naomi rated it really liked it
Red Dawn is a great second book in the Crossroads Academy series as it has a different storyline to Crossroads. In book 1 we were learning about Katia and how she was going to fit into her new world. In Red Dawn we are searching for the cure for the blood disease that threatens the lives of a lot of Vampires. But the missing research is only the beginning and how the story built to the dramatic ending was remarkable.

I enjoyed how the characters relationships developed further in this book and ho
Radiant
Sep 04, 2012 Radiant rated it really liked it
I love the COVER..its' perfect..and there is a scene for it which is like the turning point in story..

After last "uneventful" year at crossroads academy...katia is back again after hearing something she shouldn't -Aldo is hiding something from her and it's important and don't want it her to know..well katia is not one u would hide things from..cos she makes her own way to find it.

So when she comes back to academy..her thoughts about her non-existent relationship with Nik turns out to be more tha
Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)
Sep 13, 2012 Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho) rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook

Ok, if you can stop staring at the beautiful cover and actually read the book you'll find that Red Dawn is a little more grown up that book 1, Crossroads. In this sequel we leave the high school behind to find a darker Katia. She will do anything to save her best friend, Shaye.

We start out with a new school year and things are a little back to normal for a short time but then we find Katia, Nik and Keegan on the road trying to track down answers to getting the possible missing cure for
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Aug 24, 2012 Savannah (Books With Bite) rated it really liked it
With an amazing start to this series, I couldn't wait to dive into this one. It gave me what I wanted. A fierce girl fighting her anything and everyone around her.

You know that feeling that you good that just doesn't feel right and yet everyone thinks your crazy and no one seems to help or believe you? Yeah. That's Katia. Faced with some unimaginable circumstances, it's up to her to save the only friend who has always been there for her. In this story, I liked the plot. There is are many element
Tishia (Paperback Opinion)
Sep 04, 2012 Tishia (Paperback Opinion) rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-ebook
Red Dawn is the second book in the Crossroads Academy series by J.J. Bonds. The story revolved around Katia, who is determined to save her friend from dying of a blood disease. Her friend Shaye had become like a sister to her, and she is willing to put herself in danger to get the info she needs.

This is a fast paced, action packed book. I don't want to give away the plot line, but it's complex. Katia and Nic escape from Crossroads to follow a lead on the missing cure. Not only are they in dange
Haylee Tippett
Aug 31, 2012 Haylee Tippett rated it it was amazing
Red Dawn is another enormous hit from J.J. Bonds. I love all of the Crossroads Academy series characters - Strong female main character - Sexy intelligent male main character - Faithful understanding best friend - A few antagonists - Villains to get the drama rolling. (Love them at times, hate them at others, but they are all necessary). Red Dawn has a great plot, which develops in an entertaining and suspenseful manner.
Unfortunately, like with every novel there are always pros and cons. Red
Mandy (I read Indie) Anderson
When I read Crossroads, I felt that Katia was keeping everyone at arm’s length, even me as a reader. But when Red Dawn starts, everyone is returning from a summer break, and it seemed that summer break did her well. She came back to school no longer the loner kid. She was excited to see her BFF Shaye and see where things stand with Nik. Katia hasn't talked to him all summer long so she doesn't know if he still feels the same for her. So yeah, I really liked Katia more in Red Dawn.

Also, in my rev
Christina  Torretta
Aug 20, 2012 Christina Torretta rated it really liked it
Before I get into anything else.. What is up with Pratt? That guy is a complete jackass. I just want to be Katia so I can smack that guy! Ugh…

Secondly, if you have not read Crossroads, Crossroads Academy #1 there are going to be a few spoilers so you can see my Crossroads Book review first but I recommend reading the first before reading this review. There will not be any spoilers in this regarding book two however!

Ok… moving along! I love Katia. Boy can she be catty sometimes. And she is so rid
Linda
Jan 07, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Big Al's Books and Pals review blog on December 28, 2012

Things at Crossroads Academy are a little different this school year; there are new handbooks with new rules, new students, and worst of all uniforms. When the formula for the cure to the blood disease, ‘otrava de sange’, is stolen and all evidence points to Shayes’ friend Dr. Phillips, who has also disappeared, Katia calls in a favor from the school’s computer whiz Blaine. With less information than the
Regina Olmstead
Dec 15, 2014 Regina Olmstead rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Crossroads Academy book. This one is better than the first. It was a very quick read for me because I couldn't put it down. I don't like to give spoilers in reviews so I will just say it is about a vampire named Katia and her struggles and wins. It has action, mystery and love. Young adults and adults alike will love this series.
Kyra Dunst
Jan 31, 2014 Kyra Dunst rated it it was amazing
I have truly enjoyed reading this series, and can't wait for the next book to come out. Nik and Katia are a complicated couple, but it is obvious they are meant for each other. Nik is so sweet, and a girl couldn't ask for a better boyfriend. Katia is impulsive and a bit impatient, but it just makes her a better person. I would definitely recommend this series to others.
greg brammer
Oct 04, 2015 greg brammer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katie finds the stolen research.

Katie and Nik join forces with Keegan to track down the Shifter who stole the research to making a cure for the blood disease that is killing Vampires. They have also turned up the existence of the group trying to overthrow the Vampire High Council.
Catharine
Jan 06, 2015 Catharine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Series keeps getting better!

The character's in this book just keep getting more interesting. In looking forward to the next book. I would recommend this series to anyone who loves a good teen vampire story with a lot of bite to it! These books are targeted towards a YA reader but anyone wanting a quick interesting read should check it out.
Jenette
I didn't enjoy this quite as much as the first. Now that we know her secret things felt a bit less important somehow. The characters didn't change or grow at all in this one and the plot was largely focused on expanding this new verse. It will be interesting to see what direction this series goes in.
kassandra cox
Sep 08, 2015 kassandra cox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wish it was longer

Love this series. Katia is awesome heroine and has a dry sense of humor that I adore.I just wish the books could be longer!
Runningrabbit
Another great installment in this series despite some of the generic aspects. In my opinion much better than Twilight with a bouncier pace and more likable characters .
  • Elemental Rising (Paranormal Public, #2)
  • The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)
  • Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3)
  • Primal Quest (Primal Attractions, #1)
  • Silhouette
  • ReAwakened (Angel Creek, #2)
  • Jamb  (Cornerstone, #3)
  • Witch Hunt (Hayle Coven, #2)
  • Blood Bond (Dirty Blood, #3)
  • Beloved (The Crystor #3)
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • Fangtastic (Vamped, #3)
  • Keeper of the Lost Souls (Keeper Witches, #1)
  • Devour (Warm Delicacy, #3)
  • Original Sin (Alexandra Jones, #2)
  • Scarlet Woods (Scarlet Woods #1)
  • The Truth Spell (Werewolf High #1)
J.J. Bonds is an independent author who writes Young Adult Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy. She is the author of the bestselling Crossroads Academy series. J.J. lives in Carlisle, Pennsylvania where her obsession with all things paranormal keeps life interesting. She lives with her husband, two adorable children, and a pair of rambunctious dogs. Loves Buffy, Mexican food, and all things zom ...more
More about J.J. Bonds...

Crossroads Academy (3 books)
  • Crossroads (Crossroads Academy, #1)
  • Bloodline (Crossroads Academy #3)

“The past is gone, forever unchanging, written in stone,” she” 0 likes