Start by marking “The Haze (The Haze, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Haze (The Haze, #1)

The Haze (The Haze #1)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  22 reviews
The legend of the most powerful coven of vampires began in a very unconventional way. Fifteen hundred years ago, a holy man living in Rome was viciously turned inhuman by a blood thirsty vampire. Lucius’ purity was ripped from him and he was left to struggle with his lamentable misfortune, although unknown to him or the evil powers that turned him, fate played a great hand ...more
Published March 1st 2012 by Self Published (first published February 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Haze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Haze

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsVampire Academy by Richelle MeadGraceling by Kristin CashoreCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Kick-Butt Heroines
404th out of 1,933 books — 2,116 voters
If I Were You by Lisa Renee JonesThe Conduit by Stacey RourkePhoenix Rising by Lisa C. MorganBound by Lee  TaylorEmbrace by Stacey Rourke
Best YA Fantasy 2012
16th out of 26 books — 176 voters

More lists with this book...

Janine
Dec 14, 2012 Janine added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi everyone, I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, my name is Janine and I am the writer of The Haze. I am new to the writing world and this is my first release, so I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your reviews and ratings. And to the readers that have The Haze on their ‘to be read list’ I just want to say, thank you for your interest and I hope you enjoy reading my story as much as I enjoyed writing it. I found my true passion in life when I started writing The Haze ...more
Megan
For more reviews like this, check out The Book Asylum.

I am so glad that I stumbled upon 'The Haze'. This was a wonderful first installment in what promises to be an amazing series. Janine Olsson has a refreshing, great new take on vampires and the supernatural. Her world building and introduction to the story were easily understood and very well developed. In a few other reviews people complained of the first few chapters being slow - I didn't find that at all. I think Olsson took her t
S.L. Jennings
A great read & a new spin on vampires! I love the characters and I especially appreciate the hottie vamp warriors! Finn is sizzling and even True has me going ga-ga! If you like vampire romance along with action & suspense, read The Haze!
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Solid 4.5 Stars

I love this book. It's sexy, intriguing, mysterious, dark, exciting, romantic, & action packed. What more could you ask for while reading?

In it's simplicity, there is a very decadent undertone to it. Under that, you find this book to be what I like to call, a great "Onion" of the fiction world. There are plenty of layers to this story that will leave you hopeful, heart broken, surprised, astounded & utterly swept away.

I don't want to say more for fear of ruining it. But t
Jeanette Hanson
The Haze
By Janine Olsson
Review by Jeanette Hanson
This book, The Haze by Janine Olsson Is a must read! The genre of the book is paranormal/romance, but if you enjoy fiction, give it a try! It is 99 cents on Nook and Kindle!

The Haze takes you on a journey from the very first sentence, "The island of Hemlee is located in the North Atlantic", and the journey begins. Janine does a great job of introducing the characters and creating the world that they live in, which is essential in paranormal books.
Cristina
I had been dying to read The Haze by Janine Olsson but I was urged to wait until re-edits were done. The wait felt like torture as I’d been hearing other bloggers talk about it. Finally a few days ago I had the opportunity to dive in and get lost in this mystical story!

This isn’t your average vampire book and you’ll find that you get sucked into the story from the first page. It’s unique in the sense that there are so many different angles to the story. While it is about romance, it does tackle
Kaila
This book was amazing...in the beginning I wasn't so sure because it was slower moving but my friend Jennifer Swiger told me it was worth it and I trust her judgement. I kept going and sure enough by chapter three I was sucked into it. The take on vampires is amazing..I am in love with true...and not as found of the vamp dude lol..I forgot his name sorry. The book is amazing and has so many different characters and plots going on that it keeps you wanting to know what will happen. Now I need to ...more
Kim
I found this book through other authors on Facebook and I am really glad that I did. I had a little trouble getting into it in the first few chapters but then I was hooked. The middle of the book was exciting and a definite page turner sure to keep anyone enthralled! The ending of the book started to lag a bit but it was necessary and you find this sometimes in series. The end sets up the beginning of the next book and boy does this one! I am looking forward to the next book in the series!
Paula Mccue
I loved, loved, loved this book, it kept me captivated, I could not put it down, I love vampire books and I find all these new concepts of what a vampire can be and I love it, this book was really different and didn't just contain vampires ( don't want to give anything away), Janine does a great job of holding you in her world of "the haze", I will be looking out for more from this author, im away to investigate what other books she might have lol, READ IT!!!!! you wont regret it.
Erika Perez
I started this book not knowing it was a vampire story...yea i kno :-/ i didnt read the summary....once i got into the book i could not put it down!! Im torn between finn and true....both are such hunks! Loooved the book cant wait for more.
Jess
I really liked this book its different to the usual vamp stories, its original and had twists I didnt see coming at all. It has very strong, manly, alpha, jealous males who are sweeter than a bowl full of sugar.

This story is about Natalia she is a born vampire, granddaughter to the king of her coven. The book is all from her POV. There's so much to this story i'm not going to say too much about Natalia as the "what's going to happen next" is what I loved most about this book.

The plot is nothin
I have no idea how I came across this book, however I am ever so glad I did! Once I started reading it I did not want to put it down. The Haze by Janine Olsson takes you on a whole new journey of Vampires and Shape-shifters. We see a lot of the whole good vamp bad vamp in stories but in this story we discover Elites, vampires born, not created and because they are born possessing special powers or gifts. It's an refreshing twist in this paranormal genre and will keep you wanting to read, telling ...more
Ashley Wallace
I really liked this book, it was different from any other vampire books I have read before.

Loved me some Finn and Ty and all the other fine lads. I'm ready for Natalia (what a gorgeous name by the way) especially when Finn says it ;) to become what she is destined to be. I look forward to see how she does.

My only complaint is at times the writing seemed choppy when they were arguing or being romantic. I can't quite explain it. I wasnt able to fully charge into the argument because something wa
Crystal Contreras
I enjoyed this book immensely. I was intrigued by the storyline, and pleasantly surprised as I read to discover that it is not the stereotypical vampire story. I love the incorporation of the Weres and shifters into the story. Olsson does these characters justice with her gift of writing. the sequel to The Haze cannot come soon enough!
Keelie Howard
I really enjoyed this book after I got into it. It was really slow the first 2 1/2 chp but after that the action really picked up and pulled me in and kept me there. I loved the way that the story evolved and I felt like it ended well. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes vampires, weres, and shifters.
Lisa
Do your self a huge favor and read this book!! I loved this story and the ending made me want to scream cause I have to wait for the next one. Good characters, good world building and excellent mythology. Watch this author cause she should be huge!!!!
Heidi korpar
Definately a solid 4.5 stars. The first few chapters i had to push through, i wasnt really drawn in at that point. i am so glad i continued on. this book was amazing and cant wait for book two!
Caroll Vazquez
Quiero a alguien como Finn ;)
Jeanie
Interesting. Different. I don't care much for books written in first person narrative. This was no exception. The story, while a bit slow at times, was interesting enough to keep me reading, though. I will likely read the next as it ended on a huge cliffhanger and left me with a lot of questions.

I never really felt a strong connection to Natalia. This is one reason why the first person pov made it such a difficult read for me. It is hard to keep reading what "I" did when I can't put myself in th
Saylaveev
I really enjoyed this book. At the start I did feel the author was having a hard time finding the right flow and there were a few other spots it happened but I was able to read over it easily enough. I did get tired of the repeated use of the word "love". I enjoyed that there seemed to be a good balance between male and female characters, it wasn't one sex saving the other. I am looking forward to the next story.
Monica
Aug 07, 2012 Monica added it
I will not rate this book yet, I didn't manage to get past the 3rd chapter, the story just didn't pull me in and after chapter 3 I just left it.
I will go back to it in a few weeks time and will read the whole book, and hopefully have something positive to say.
Karla Bostic
This book started out really slow. The middle was awesome then the ending was so predictable. I wanted this one to be amazing as I heard from friends on my book group that it was great. Sorry I can't follow the crowd on this one. Just was dull to me.
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Sammi
Sammi marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Lotte
Lotte marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Ariel
Ariel marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
  • My Twisted Drink
  • Blind Date with a Vampire
  • Soul Resurrected (Sons of Wrath, #2)
  • Oil and Water (Blood and Light Vampire, #3)
  • Rising Dawn (The Jessica Dawn Series, #1)
  • Bedded by the Billionaire (The Billionaires Club #1)
  • Sins From Her Past (Scandalous, #1)
  • Divorced, Free, and Single
  • Darkride (Darkride Chronicles, #1)
  • The Legend of de Marco (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • Sudden Hope
  • The Catalyst (Preternaturals, # 3)
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • Desire by Blood (By Blood, #1)
  • As Twilight Falls
  • Dom Up (Devlin Black #1)
  • The Dark Prince (Dark Light, #2)
  • Thicker Than Water (Blood Brothers, #1)
I'm just a girl following her dreams!
More about Janine Olsson...

The Haze (2 books)
The Chosen (The Haze, #2)