Start by marking “The Atlantis Prophecy (Conrad Yeats Adventure #2)” as Want to Read:
The Atlantis Prophecy (Conrad Yeats Adventure #2)

The Atlantis Prophecy (Conrad Yeats Adventure #2)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  837 ratings  ·  69 reviews
An ancient organization more powerful than the federal government has targeted Washington. They'll stop at nothing to destroy the republic and raise an empire.

The adventure begins with a mysterious military burial at Arlington National Cemetery and a shocking legacy that has explosive implications for America's existence. Archaeologist Conrad Yeats discovers in his fat
Published April 15th 2008 by Pocket Star (first published January 10th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Atlantis Prophecy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Atlantis Prophecy

Rai
A fascinating adventure to discover an ancient prophecy involving America's past...

I read & thoroughly enjoyed the prequel to this novel, Raising Atlantis. Thomas Greanias' story & characters had me hooked. I am a huge fan of ancient mysteries, so much so that I also write them. The Atlantis Prophecy delivers for anyone who enjoys stories where modern-day characters struggle against nearly insurmountable odds to uncover ancient secrets hidden in, and woven amongst, well-known places and
Ian
This is one of many books that have sprung up since the success of Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code." I think in this case the author has also read "Angels and Demons" by the same author. He has then taken themes from both books to "create" his own. Thus we have good looking male scholar/adventurer, expert at cracking codes, running around a capital city (in this case Washington D.C rather than Paris or Rome) with an equally good looking and equally intelligent female helper, searching for an equa ...more
Sean Ellis
Raising Atlantis from the antarctic ice was just a warm-up. In The Atlantis Prophecy, Thomas Greanias delivers the end-all be-all of secret society conspiracy thrillers. What's the connection between the United States Capitol and ancient Atlantis? You'll have to read it to believe, but once you have...you probably will.

The Atlantis Prophecy (TAP) gives us plenty of historical Church v. Masons mystery, but doesn't give short shrift to the action. But where this story really succeeds is in its cha
Rob
Let me first off begin by saying I'm not a huge fan of these types of books so keep that in mind when reading my review. I loved 'The DaVinci Code,' but I recently finished a book of the same genre by Steve Berry. I will say I enjoyed Thomas Greanias much more than Steve Berry. However, it just didn't do it for me.

POSITIVES:

1) This book was an easy read, very fast moving.
2) I did enjoy Mr. Greanias' writing style.
3) I did learn some interesting facts about Washington DC and gaining knowledge is
Tony
Thomas Greanias- The Atlantis Prophecy (Pocket Star Books 2008) 4.25 Stars

Conrad Yeats has just seen his adopted father’s burial stone and realizes that there is a hidden code on the tombstone. When America was founded there was built in a warning that could lead to America’s doom. He must work with Serena Serghetti to go through hidden tunnels beneath Washington DC in the hopes of saving America.

I enjoyed how this book picked where the last one left off and dives us immediately into a desperate
Jaime
While I didn't win this in a Goodreads giveaway, Greanias sent a signed ARC copy by mistake after I won another one of his novels. It sounded interesting, so I took the first out of the library and it was great.

This one was good but it wasn't as good. There was more confusion and it felt a lot more like I was reading a mimic of Dan Brown. It probably doesn't help I read one of Brown's books before this.

In this second Conrad Yeats novel, it's 4 years after the Atlantis discovery in Antarctica an
Dan Dobler
Fantastic!

This book is absolutely gripping reading! The characters, their relationships, the mystery, history, action, religious dimension, geography, all are so amazingly well done. This book kept me intrigued until the final page. The pictures in my mind were a dim representation of the word artistry painted by the author, but they were vivid nonetheless! What a great way to weave in our country's history with modern day events. Well done!!
Tracy
So far I am not thinking too much of this series. A bit of excitement with a lot of potential, however I am feeling let down. The author is all over the place with theories and whatever is convenient to pull the story along at the time. Conrad Yeats who is disgraced as a professional always manages to know someone or have a skill that will pull out every life threatening situation he's in, which is ever other chapter. Then there's Nun Serena who can fly a chopper, kick some butt, knows everythin ...more
Edward H. Busse, III
NO SPOILERS!! I really liked the first book in this series - Raising Atlantis - so I was psyched about this one. This was a good read - no question about it - but some of the action seemed a bit contrived...it might've been a little too easy for the characters to get in/out of troubled spots more than a few times. I loved the DC references as we live in that area and Mr. Greanias did a nice job of weaving in the geographic references. He also did a nice job of writing in some of the more famous ...more
Michelle
Found book 2 on my bookshelf. Really need to clean out my bookshelf.
The adventure and ending still hooked me. I don't want to enjoy these books yet find myself reading anyway.
The romance gets worse, in an ewww kind of way, and the lectures are only slightly less skip worthy.
Cathy
Astro-archaeologist Conrad Yeats is back, with his nun friend known as Mother Earth, to save the United States of America. July 4, 2008 may see the end of the republic unless Yeats can stop an evil group known as the Alignment.
General, then President George Washington had his own problems with the Alignment. He left clues for the future "Stargazer" to discover and interpret.
Is Yeats the Stargazer that was predicted?
This was a better story than the first in the series, Raising Atlantis, if only
Anne
Aug 05, 2010 Anne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teens to adult
This is the second in a three book apocalyptic series by this author. The first one started a search for Atlantis in Antarctica. This book, which takes place in the United States and other places is far more interesting than the first one. It broadens the conspiracy by a group that is planning to take over the Us and make it into a socialist country. Excellent timely story in light of what has been happening in reality in our country these past two years. It ends with a knowledge that there is m ...more
James
It was better than the first book. Kind of a cross between the DaVinci Code and a Clive Cussler Dirk Pitt story. There was still too much unbelievability for my liking.
Victoria
This one was exciting, though not as much so as the first book. Disappointingly, there were not many answers to the questions left hanging at the end of Raising Atlantis. Of course, new questions were added and I must admit, the the third book looks a little slim to have so many answers! I am looking forward to reading it though. Mostly, this book reminded me of the National Treasure movies. All in all, this was an entertaining, though not enlightening, sequel.
Marc
The Atlantis Prophecy is a fun, fast read. That's the only good part.

The things that happen to the characters are ridiculous yet that works perfectly to the LOL dialogue. There was a lot of the one liner, cliched, speaking here. If that wasn't bad enough they said the other person's name every paragraph.

The reason the book was a fast read was because there was very little description. It told me everything.

I think the book or books since this is a series, has very interesting ideas. It just doe
Rosalyn
Good fun the series is well worth a read not to be taken in any way seriously t great to lift the spirits.
Melbourne on my mind
First of all, the title is deceptive. The book honestly has nothing to do with Atlantis, apart from the fact that the previous book in the series took place there and someone apparently wanted to make it blatantly obvious that it was a sequel.

I didn't mind the adventure-y, "George Washington hid stuff all over DC and now we have to find it" aspect of the story. But the overall plot was far too contrived to be enjoyable. Plus, the fact that the main character's love interest was a nun just annoy
Lenny
lots of stuff going on. goes back and forth from 1893 to 2008. like a good james rollins book
Barbara Ghylin
I finished this one this morning. It was okay and I enjoyed it, but I will probably not get the rest of the series. I would have to be really bored to read these.
Sharla
Aug 02, 2008 Sharla rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sharla by: Shirlee
Another page turner. I stayed up way too late reading this book. Truthfully, it was over my head a lot with dates and people - the author does a great job of weaving together political, historical, geographical and religious facts and fiction. Although I couldn't picture the landmarks in DC that he wrote around, it was still very interesting to me. A couple of the characters had potty-mouths, which I didn't appreciate. But overall, really good. The last page made me really want to read his third ...more
وسام الدين محمد
Intelligent plot and weak structure. This is the Atlantis prophecy. Another novel about the masons and how they plot the history of USA. The main event which is happened in the American Revolution Era is ambiguous enough to make all the novel ambiguous too. What happened between Washington and the traitors? Nobody knows... What is the role of Vatican exactly and why does church interest in this plot?? Nobody knows..
I cannot ignore the similarities between this novel and National Treasure movie.
Fredrick Danysh
Like Dan Brown in the Da Vinci Code, the author makes up myth about the Knights Templar and casts them as evil. He does the same for the Freemasons implying that these two groups had plans for world dominance. With the help of a nun named Serena, aka Mother Earth, archeologist Conrad Yeats becomes involved in trying to track down spheres containing clues about a secret treaty signed by George Washington and stop a worldwide bird fle epidemic while the evil Alliance tries to kill him. Not a bad s ...more
Mojca
I'm a big fan of history-based thrillers and I bought this book in the airport in Cancun simply because I liked the blurb. It appeared just the right mix of history and adventure with a pinch of romance thrown in.

I never fall asleep with a book in my hands, but this one worked like magic. The intricate twists and turns of the plot, enemies turning into friends and vice-versa lulled me into the embrace of Morpheus when they should've kept me at the edge of my seat.

The blurb promises a bang that t
Brandon Jensen
Better than the first book as the plot is a little more complex and the characters are slightly more developed, but the author just isn't that great of an author. I don't think that his writing style is that engaging, even though the topic is. In this one, there is a secret conspiracy to undermine the US government. It's like a weak, more violent version of National Treasure. It's fun, but could have been better if written by a better author.
Andrew Glos

This was at once better and worse than the last one. The quality of story telling was much better and more complex and more ... ummmm, plausible I guess than the first one. However, there were several factual inaccuracies which were annoying and will annoy folks who know a lot of the history, Masonic legends, etc. that form the background of his story. But that aside, even more enjoyable than the last. I plan to keep reading on...
Wendy
I liked this second book marginally better than the first. Maybe it was because there was more conspiracy and less science fiction? Maybe some of the characters were more believable? Maybe some of the insight into security measures around DC were thought provoking? Whatever the case, this was a thrill to read. Does a DNA strand really only form the double helix in one direction? I didn't know that.
Andronicus Kok
Finished reading The Atlantis Prophecy by Thomas Greanias. Conrad is back this time prevent a discovery that could cause a major shift of power change and a virus from spreading. Seeking out clues his father left behind, Conrad learns more of his family's secret mission and the only way to save the world. If you loved National Treasure the movie you should read this great book.
Sharron
A bit weak, kept me entertained tho, probably better as a hliday by the pool book to be honest. Bit disjoined in parts and an almost "oh by the way, the main character can do this because of something that happened a while ago so you'll just have to believe it and keep reading" kind of unbelieveable in parts story
Stacie
I really liked this book and had a hard time putting it down. There is one small section with harsh language or I would have given it 5 stars. I realized, after I was into it a way, that it is the middle book of a 3 book series. I will have to read the other two. This book did work as a stand alone.
Marsha
It seems no adventure author can resist a mention of Nazis even when it doesn't contribute anything of value to the plot. This was better than the first in the series and, as before, the writing style is smooth and easy. However, just like the first, the conspiracies are just a bit over the top.
  • Rembrandt's Ghost (Finn Ryan, #3)
  • The Genesis Plague
  • Ancients (Event Group Thriller #3)
  • The Tiger Warrior (Jack Howard, #4)
  • The Moses Stone (Chris Bronson, #2)
  • The Cult Of Osiris (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #5)
  • Newton's Fire
  • The Babylonian Codex
  • Dark Rising (Alex Hunter, #2)
  • The Sinai Secret
  • The Atlantis Code (Thomas Lourds, #1)
  • Ark of Fire (Caedmon Aisquith, #1)
  • Decipher
  • The Dead Sea Deception (Leo Tillman & Heather Kennedy, #1)
I'm the New York Times bestselling author of the Raising Atlantis and The Alignment series of novels, and every day AtlantisGO.com posts fresh and free fiction from me and my friends.

AtlantisGO.com

More about Thomas Greanias...

Conrad Yeats Adventure (3 books)
  • Raising Atlantis (Conrad Yeats Adventure #1)
  • The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
Raising Atlantis (Conrad Yeats Adventure #1) The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3) The Atlantis Legacy (Conrad Yeats Adventure #1-2 omnibus) The Promised War (Sam Deker, #1) The Alignment: Ingress