Start by marking “Pressure Point (The Randall Lee Mysteries #2)” as Want to Read:
Pressure Point (The Randall Lee Mysteries #2)

Pressure Point (The Randall Lee Mysteries #2)

Just back from a relaxing vacation, acupuncturist and Tai Chi master Randall Lee returns to find his friend, Detective John Knox, in critical condition following a bizarre attack by a seemingly unstoppable assailant.
ebook
Published August 2012

To ask other readers questions about Pressure Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pressure Point

Darcia Helle
Randall Lee is my new favorite antihero! He's not the typical tall, dark, handsome, perfect-but-damaged storybook hero. Instead, Randall is an average looking guy who excels in martial arts and gets himself in a lot of trouble while trying to do something good. Randall could lead me anywhere and I'd follow, simply because he's so much fun to hang out with.

Charles Colyott writes with a rare combination of suspense and humor. Pressure Point had me biting my nails one minute and laughing the next.
Tisha
Dec 09, 2012 Tisha rated it it was amazing
People, I am on a ROLL with my book choices, lately. It just keeps getting better. Admittedly, however, I was pretty sure I wouldn't go wrong with Pressure Point, seeing as it is a sequel to another 5 star book I reviewed recently, entitled Changes. In this new book, Randall continues to use his amateur sleuthing and his not-so-amateur-at-all martial arts skills to solve another complex mystery. As in Changes, he partners in love with his "opposites attract" girlfriend, Tracy; partners in sleuth ...more
Glen Krisch
Aug 15, 2012 Glen Krisch rated it it was amazing
Changes, the first Randall Lee novel was excellent, and Colyott takes it to a whole new level with this second entry in the series. I can't wait to read the public's reaction when Pressure Point is released.
Pam
Oct 01, 2013 Pam rated it it was amazing
Charles Colyott's character Randall Lee is rapidly becoming one of my favorite book characters. He's complex and layered, flawed and self-deprecating, and someone you'd love to have a cup of tea with. But you wouldn't want to hang out with Randall Lee for long, for close proximity to Lee can be dangerous to your health. Trouble follows him like night follows day, and innocent people tend to get caught in the cross fire.

The ending of this book left me gasping, so I can't wait for Colyott's next
Michael
Sep 26, 2013 Michael rated it it was amazing
Outstanding!
Glen Deshaw
Dec 31, 2012 Glen Deshaw rated it it was amazing
Simply another winner from Charles Colyott! I see an addiction coming on! :-)
Marika Charalambous
Feb 25, 2015 Marika Charalambous rated it it was amazing
Pressure Point is the second book in the Randall Lee Mysteries by Charles Colyott.

Here we meet Randal returning from a well deserved vacation, only to find his detective friend Knox lying in a hospital bed in critical condition due to some vicious attack by someone unknown. And just in case this is not enough, he finds out that Knox’s wife is apparently missing, which makes for some very disturbing thoughts in Randal’s mind.

Everyone, including Knox, tells him to lay off the case and go back to d
Jonathan
Jul 17, 2015 Jonathan rated it it was amazing
As the second book in the series, this catches up with the characters after a few months of vacation and enjoyment. But, after just a few chapters, it's evident that the thrill ride is about to pick up where it left off.

Charles does a great job keeping the characters solid and life-like while making a truly enjoyable sequel. The voice of Randall Lee keeps his sarcastic wit while dealing with an entirely new kind of threat to him and his lady-friend. I'd highly recommend this, as I had a hard ti
Hans P Melius
Mar 21, 2016 Hans P Melius rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing dialogue and character development.

This was a really entertaining read. The dialogue pacing was perfect and I enjoy the old characters from the first book and new characters introduced here. The fight scenes are very well developed and described, as if you're watching the fight in your mind's-eye.
Julie
Jan 21, 2016 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second suspense thriller/mystery starring Randall Lee, the martial arts practitioner and acupuncturist. The story was ok, but I really like Lee, who is very human, peace-loving, and vulnerable, yet gets pulled into violence and mystery. Lots of humor too. Unfortunately this one didn't conclude everything, and I'll have to wait for the next book to find out what happens.
Bryony
May 06, 2016 Bryony rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well this book is not better than the first book, it is only as good as. Which is a shame, I was hoping for the author to develop. Don't get me wrong I still liked the book and I will probably read the next one.
Miss Dizzy Read
Nov 30, 2013 Miss Dizzy Read rated it it was amazing
As good as the first, Randall has my sense of humour, read a snippet of the next one, good job it's all written as would have been annoyed at having to wait after reading that heart in mouth beginning!!
Simon Howard
Mar 09, 2015 Simon Howard rated it really liked it
Shelves: thrillers
Grittier than the first and ending on a dark note, this book I thought was not quite as good as the first one. Having said that it was an enjoyable read and made a good 'work' book.
Diana Dang
Fast-paced and fun to read.

Would recommend to any oriental medicine and martial arts aficionado. There is quite a bit of humor mixed in which makes it fun to read.
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2015
Sue Sorensen
Sue Sorensen rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2012
Justin
Justin rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Mitchell
Mitchell rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Steve
Steve rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2016
Christine Slaughter
Christine Slaughter rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2015
Neil Jones
Neil Jones rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2016
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2014
Teresa Garcia
Teresa Garcia rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2016
Naymit
Naymit rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2014
Jill Rafalowski
Jill Rafalowski rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2014
Shaun
Shaun rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Doreen Queen
Doreen Queen rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2014
Dru Pagliassotti
Dru Pagliassotti rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Nimue
Nimue rated it really liked it
May 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Dream On
  • The Shelter
  • Bestseller Bound Anthology (Volume 1)
  • The Games We Play
  • Flashy Fiction and Other Insane Tales (Bundle Vol 1 & 2)
  • The Ghost Man
  • The Games Men Play
  • Fat Chance
  • Digger's Bones
  • Fall of the Citizens: A Novel
  • Quantum Physics and the Art of Departure
  • The Dream
  • Creatus Eidolon (Creatus, #3)
  • Little Visible Delight
  • Poisoned Soil
  • Thalo Blue
  • Ladies and Gentlemen...The Redeemers
  • The Sun Never Rises in the Big City

The Randall Lee Mysteries (3 books)
  • Changes (The Randall Lee Mysteries #1)
  • Jianghu (The Randall Lee Mysteries #3)

“I am an old man. Taking a dump could kill me. So far, I remain victorious." Cheng” 0 likes