Champagne Kisses

Champagne Kisses (The Drakes of California #2)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  93 ratings  ·  16 reviews

An heir to Southern California's most fabled vineyard, Donovan Drake works as hard as he plays. Betrayed by love in the past, the consummate bachelor prides himself on never committing to one woman. But Marissa Hayes isn't just any woman. And Donovan has just two weeks to show the guarded, voluptuous beauty exactly what she's been missing.…

Falling for her boss is number on...more
Published October 1st 2012 by Harlequin Kimani Romance (first published September 18th 2012)

Lady Raven RAVE!
Story: FAIRLY GOOD
Intimacy Level: SWEET/ GOOD
Enjoyment: GOOD
Length: 217 pages

I am a fan of this series since the first book, Diamond Dreams. In Diamond Dreams, you sense a chemistry of sorts between Donovan and Marissa when they first met, and I was excited to read their story in Champagne Kisses. After reading Champagne Kisses, I was please with interaction between Marissa and Donovan and the pace at which the author chose to take things between them. However, I was slightly disappointed, becau...more
Wanderlust
There was a lot that i could of liked about this book but things kept popping up, making me forget i had enjoyed any of it. The dialog & descriptions during the sex scenes made me feel queasy, some of the quotes could go into the worst things to say or think during sex hall of frame. Oh and Marissa was really ridiculously easy considering she is a very strong believing & practicing christian, her dad is a preacher! Why is she having sex with a man she barely knows & isn't married too...more
Kim
The writing style that I have grown to enjoy from this author is slipping away. This story was lacking in so many areas. There was absolutely zero passion between Donovan and Marissa. There interactions seemed extremely forced. Their love scenes were dull, boring, and uninteresting. I just didn't believe the attraction between them. Marissa's hang up with Steven was a complete joke. What he almost attempted to do to her was not enough for her to be so fearful of him, and jumpy every time she was...more
Rhonda
Champagne Kisses by Zuri Day
4 STARS

Champagne Kisses is a Drake family story. Thier are a few love scenes that skimmed over with. Thier is plenty of plot besides the love scenes in this book.
It also deals with a lot of issues that are happening in this modern world. Like stalking, privacy when you are alone is not always safe as you think. hidden pictures take and put on internet. Dumb mistakes that collage students too that haunt you for years.
Being a mother of two collage age girls I worry abo...more
Toni
This book continues the Drakes of California series Day started with Diamond Dreams. The Drakes are a multi-generational family that own a vineyard in Napa Valley. At his sister Diamond's engagement party, a woman catches the eye of Donovan Drake. He invites her to another winery for a drink in order to get to know her better away from his mother's inquisitive stare, and she agrees but never shows up.

Marissa Hayes' reasons for standing Donovan up are for his own good, she believes. But four mont...more
Victoria Coleman
This book is the second entry into the Donovan wine series. From the first page the chemistry between Donovan and Marissa is felt. Donovan tried really hard to fight his feelings for Marissa because he felt like she stood him up. Pride can mess you up lol. Both of the main characters have issues that they have to face before they can let themselves be in a serious relationship.

Pros: Like I said earlier, the chemistry between Donovan and Marissa was on point. I really liked how Marissa's boss a...more
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Donovan who are attracted to Marissa but due to her past, she are not able to reciprocate. But situation threw them to be together and the attractions between them was just so much for them to take. They tried to maintain their relationship strictly on business but they have to acknowledged that it just did not out to be the way they wanted it to be.

I like Donovan and i like the fact that he daringly acknowledged his feeling towards Marissa to his father and grandfath...more
Jackie Roberts
Champagne Kisses is the second installment in Zuri Day's Drakes of California series. Donovan and Marissa first met in the Diamond Dreams. I was so happy to see their story continue. Love those Drakes. Waiting for Dexter's story, I know it will be a interesting one.
Marilyn Diamond
I loved this book.. I am so into trilogies and reading of different families in the same story line. I have to go pick up all of Zuri Days books because of the Drake family...
Nikita Isaac
This was a great read, the characters had great chemistry. Dexter's story will be worth the wait.
Dafort
Oct 09, 2012 Dafort added it
Great book. Donovan and Marissa were good together. Pick this one up.
Brenda
Great read! Loved it and can't wait for Dexter's.
Renee  Daniel Flagler
Loved it! My gal did it again!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Drakes of California
Kimberly
Love the Drakes of California
Vern
Vern marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Tiffany Piña
Tiffany Piña marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Nali
Nali added it
Jun 07, 2014
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Zuri Day is a hopeful romantic. She believes in happy endings, half-full glasses and dreams coming true. That's why she's thrilled to be a contributing writer to this genre...one of her favorites!

Zuri doesn't remember exactly how old she was when she picked up her first romance novel, but she does remember it was love at first sight. "It was probably a Harlequin," she recalled during a recent inte...more
More about Zuri Day...
Lessons From A Younger Lover What Love Tastes Like Body By Night Lovin' Blue Diamond Dreams