Start by marking “Champagne Kisses” as Want to Read:
Champagne Kisses

Champagne Kisses (The Drakes of California #2)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  20 reviews

An heir to Southern California's most fabled vineyard, Donovan Drake works as hard as he plays. Betrayed by love in the past, the consummate bachelor prides himself on never committing to one woman. But Marissa Hayes isn't just any woman. And Donovan has just two weeks to show the guarded, voluptuous beauty exactly what she's been missing.…

Falling for her boss is number on
Published October 1st 2012 by Harlequin Kimani Romance (first published September 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Champagne Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Champagne Kisses

Lady Raven RAVE!
Intimacy Level: SWEET/ GOOD
Enjoyment: GOOD
Length: 217 pages

I am a fan of this series since the first book, Diamond Dreams. In Diamond Dreams, you sense a chemistry of sorts between Donovan and Marissa when they first met, and I was excited to read their story in Champagne Kisses. After reading Champagne Kisses, I was please with interaction between Marissa and Donovan and the pace at which the author chose to take things between them. However, I was slightly disappointed, becau
The writing style that I have grown to enjoy from this author is slipping away. This story was lacking in so many areas. There was absolutely zero passion between Donovan and Marissa. There interactions seemed extremely forced. Their love scenes were dull, boring, and uninteresting. I just didn't believe the attraction between them. Marissa's hang up with Steven was a complete joke. What he almost attempted to do to her was not enough for her to be so fearful of him, and jumpy every time she was ...more
There was a lot that i could of liked about this book but things kept popping up, making me forget i had enjoyed any of it. The dialog & descriptions during the sex scenes made me feel queasy, some of the quotes could go into the worst things to say or think during sex hall of frame. Oh and Marissa was really ridiculously easy considering she is a very strong believing & practicing christian, her dad is a preacher! Why is she having sex with a man she barely knows & isn't married too ...more
Champagne Kisses by Zuri Day

Champagne Kisses is a Drake family story. Thier are a few love scenes that skimmed over with. Thier is plenty of plot besides the love scenes in this book.
It also deals with a lot of issues that are happening in this modern world. Like stalking, privacy when you are alone is not always safe as you think. hidden pictures take and put on internet. Dumb mistakes that collage students too that haunt you for years.
Being a mother of two collage age girls I worry abo
This book continues the Drakes of California series Day started with Diamond Dreams. The Drakes are a multi-generational family that own a vineyard in Napa Valley. At his sister Diamond's engagement party, a woman catches the eye of Donovan Drake. He invites her to another winery for a drink in order to get to know her better away from his mother's inquisitive stare, and she agrees but never shows up.

Marissa Hayes' reasons for standing Donovan up are for his own good, she believes. But four mont
Victoria Coleman
This book is the second entry into the Donovan wine series. From the first page the chemistry between Donovan and Marissa is felt. Donovan tried really hard to fight his feelings for Marissa because he felt like she stood him up. Pride can mess you up lol. Both of the main characters have issues that they have to face before they can let themselves be in a serious relationship.

Pros: Like I said earlier, the chemistry between Donovan and Marissa was on point. I really liked how Marissa's boss a
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Donovan who are attracted to Marissa but due to her past, she are not able to reciprocate. But situation threw them to be together and the attractions between them was just so much for them to take. They tried to maintain their relationship strictly on business but they have to acknowledged that it just did not out to be the way they wanted it to be.

I like Donovan and i like the fact that he daringly acknowledged his feeling towards Marissa to his father and grandfath
Carla wynn
So enjoying this series. So glad that I found it. The writing is superb and the character development is wonderful. Getting ready to start book #3.
loving the Drakes of CA. This is Donovan's and Marissa Hayes story.
Shannon Shields
Drake's always get what they want
Jackie Roberts
Champagne Kisses is the second installment in Zuri Day's Drakes of California series. Donovan and Marissa first met in the Diamond Dreams. I was so happy to see their story continue. Love those Drakes. Waiting for Dexter's story, I know it will be a interesting one.
Lakysha Reid
Real love story

Champagne Kisses was more of a real-life scenario. They both had to let down some walls before realizing the genuine love in front of them. I'm glad this was a
"slow stir" compare to the hot & steamy of book one.

Marilyn Diamond
I loved this book.. I am so into trilogies and reading of different families in the same story line. I have to go pick up all of Zuri Days books because of the Drake family...
Nikita Isaac
This was a great read, the characters had great chemistry. Dexter's story will be worth the wait.
Oct 09, 2012 Dafort added it
Great book. Donovan and Marissa were good together. Pick this one up.
Great read! Loved it and can't wait for Dexter's.
Renee  Daniel Flagler
Loved it! My gal did it again!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Drakes of California
Love the Drakes of California
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Luschus Beth
Luschus Beth marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Mrs. Taylor
Mrs. Taylor marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Seduced on the Red Carpet
  • Pleasure Rush  (New York Sabers Football, #4)
  • Island for Two: Hawaii Magic\Fiji Fantasy
  • These Arms of Mine
  • Surrender My Heart (Harts in Love, #2)
  • Surrender to a Donovan
  • Midnight Play (The Blue Dynasty, #2)
  • Chemistry of Desire
  • Sweeter Temptation
  • Sweet Silver Bells
  • To Tempt a Wilde
  • All I Ever Wanted
  • When Morning Comes
  • Her Perfect Candidate
  • Body Heat
  • Spencer's Forbidden Passion (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Just One Taste (The Buchanans of Alaska, #2)(Coles Family, #4)
Zuri Day is a hopeful romantic. She believes in happy endings, half-full glasses and dreams coming true. That's why she's thrilled to be a contributing writer to this of her favorites!

Zuri doesn't remember exactly how old she was when she picked up her first romance novel, but she does remember it was love at first sight. "It was probably a Harlequin," she recalled during a recent inte
More about Zuri Day...

The Drakes of California (6 books)
  • Diamond Dreams
  • Platinum Promises
  • Solid Gold Seduction
  • Secret Silver Nights
  • Crystal Caress
Lessons From A Younger Lover What Love Tastes Like Diamond Dreams Love On the Run Lovin' Blue