Start by marking “Natural Born Angel (Immortal City, #2)” as Want to Read:
Natural Born Angel (Immortal City, #2)

Natural Born Angel (Immortal City #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  2,486 ratings  ·  303 reviews
Life turned upside down for Maddy Montgomery when she found out she was half-Angel and was catapulted into the scene of flashbulbs, paparazzi, and the fervent adulation that comes with being in the celebrity Angel world. She's trying to juggle her ordinary life—high school, family, friends—with the intense demands of being in the public eye as heartthrob Angel Jackson Gods ...more
Published April 23rd 2013 by Razorbill (first published March 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Natural Born Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natural Born Angel

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
112th out of 1,522 books — 10,301 voters
Out of Breath by Rebecca DonovanOpal by Jennifer L. ArmentroutCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareGabriel's Redemption by Sylvain Reynard
Books That Should Be Released Sooner!!!
74th out of 900 books — 3,020 voters

More lists with this book...

Beatriz  Lins
Jul 18, 2012 Beatriz Lins marked it as to-read
Shelves: april-13
I have to wait 10 MONTHS TO READ THIS BOOK?

Rachel Payne
I don't like Tom. First of all, I want to know why any series where the couple gets together in the first book, has complication in the second? Can't they just have a bad guy they need to kill or a war to win and be done? Do they have to have the side problem of one of them (or both) having confused feelings about someone else? Why!?

Secondly, Maddy seems like a different person. Sure she seems stronger and more confident, but she doesn't seem like herself. And Jacks is definately a completely di
Booknut
ANNOUNCEMENT: The much-anticipated angel novel of the decade has ARRIVED! Jackson Godspeed's 'THE SHOE IS ON THE OTHER FOOT' now available worldwide!

It's so nice to know that you and your boyfriend can share near-death experiences and still have relationship issues. It keeps things comfortable, doesn't it? Knowing that he's such a hot, insecure egotistical jackass who needs a good bitch slap mess. And that when you need him to be there for you the most...he bails.

The words of Beyonce's Run The W
Lucia
QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?????????????
?description

Pero que mierda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

description

Tiene que ser una jodida broma!!!!!! Como hacen eso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope voy a calmarme, >.< Joder en estos momentos simplemente odio al autor de este libro, Ademas :

Tom

Maddy

Jason

EL JOD*** FINAL

Will M.
BookHookup
This book was originally reviewed on The Book Hookup.

**I received a copy of this book via NetGalley but that did not influence the review**

I was pretty excited to start this book since I loved the first one, Immortal City. I’ll admit it, it didn’t hurt that I pictured Jacks as Alexander Skarsgård so I was totally in love.

The Story: Natural Born Angel picks up about 10 months after the first book left off. Maddy was about to go off to college, but an event changes those plans. She knows in her he
Ashley
Natural Born Angel by Scott Speer - Neither angel nor man can escape their destiny

BookNook — Young Adult book reviews

My enjoyment for Natural Born Angel is all over the map, and that's one of the reasons why I was so unsure about how to rate it (and I'm still kind of unsure). That means, it's time to whip out the ol' Enjoyment Graph so you can get a sense of how I felt while reading the book:

My Enjoyment Levels — Monitored

Natural Born Angel by Scott Speer - Enjoyment Graph

As you can see, things started out strong. I was really excited to dive into the book, and when Maddy decided to become a Guardian, I was pumped! But any
Melissa

Natural Born Angel --

I was so excited to get this book, I loved the first book! This one was didn't meet my expectation, it was a little slow and predictable. Still a good read but it was missing the suspense that the first one had.

In this book Maddy did get stronger. She starts to believe in herself more, yeah there are some hard times when she is doubting herself but she has every reason too. There are people out there that don't like that she is half human half angel and all the attention she
Tabatha
Aug 20, 2012 Tabatha marked it as sequels-to-read
Hmm.. I didn't think I'd ever say this about an agel-related book, but I honestly can't wait for Scott Speer's new book Natural Born Angel to come out! I hope the storyline stays as interesting as the first novel and did I mention.. That. Cover is sooo preety ! (:

Over & Out, T xx
Becca
ahem....WHAT;OKASDFIOYS,/.EMPOAISUDGJHAERSK/LPFHJDGSI;H ahem.. i think i have controlled myself... oh no actually i haven't

^^^ that is exactly how my face looked like when i finished. you can't book like that! i mean what the hell? Man i thought we were friends, i thought we understood each other!

I need to calm down for a moment....

Alright i am sort of calm..not really but i will do my best for this review.

"Maybe Not" by Cat Power is my song choice for this song, and if you aren't sure what t
Bryan Patrick
Sara
Disappointing. :/

I don't understand Maddy. She is getting ready to go to college, then has one vision, changes her mind and decides to become a Guardian. She has nobel ideas that she can somehow change the Protection for Pay system where only the rich can afford to be saved, yet she's not proactive about it. We never see her fighting for this cause she supposedly believes so strongly in. Great ideas are pointless without action.

While I enjoyed her and Jackson's developing relationship in book o
Nicole
3.5/5 it wasn't a filler book but I just didn't love it nearly as much as the first one. And that ending! Not cool.

EDIT: I really wanted to write a good, full review on this book on my blog. But I realized that I'm too mad about this sequel to Immortal City to give it a full, descent, and well-rounded review. It had very few high points, all of which have left me.

What I didn't like: The first thing that made me mad about this book was that Speer completely skipped over the best part of a sequel,
Charlotte Bugler
THIS is why I hate LOVE TRIANGLES!!!

After reading the book...

I just.. Speechless.

Okay..
*Getting brain in order*
Okay, so lets start with this book is just amazing. Scott Speer DEFINITELY improved from the first book! (Someone reads their reviews. Well done.)
There was still a couple of mistakes with grammar but not as much as the first book and which I easily overlooked.
THANK GOD! The alternate POVs have been sorted out! Phew. Because that was annoying the crap out of me in the first book. Yeah it
Lettee
It seems that I have been reading a lot of books that are more of Filler and Build-Up books lately than normal. Natural Born Angel does continue on from the first book, Immortal City, and it does have a couple good action and important type of stuff happening in it. But it just seemed to be missing that "umph" you used to get in books. I still enjoyed this second installment, but it was a little difficult to get through at times.

***POSSIBLE SPOILER*** ***ALSO DO NOT READ IF YOU DIDN'T READ FIRST
Lesley
I'm not sure how i feel about this book. I really liked the first one but this one....i'm a bit disappointed with. SPOILERS AHEAD:

First of, Tom....yeah. He hates angels and now is 'in love' with a 1/2 angel. Yeah not sure i believe that.

Maddy, man i was disappointed in where her character was taken. Why is she choosing between Tom and Jacks? She barely knows Tom and supposedly she loves Jacks.

Jacks, i hated that he wasn't really apart of this book. And i really hate the way Maddy and him drift
Stefani
Jan 02, 2013 Stefani marked it as to-read
Why do I do these things to myself? Or in this case think about doing these things to myself. I just named Immortal City one of my worst books of 2012, it killed brain cells, there's no possible way it could get any worse! And therein lies the problem, I have to know...is it possible that it could get worse? Maybe it doesn't help that the author is kind of hot, I don't want him to be such a crappy writer! Yet, it is so. It's killing me!
Original Billith
3.5 Stars

This review will be available on my blog as of 7/18:

Like a lot of second books that come on the heels of a great first book, Natural Born Angel doesn't quite live up to its predecessor, but there is still a ton that this book does right.

First, the book summarily deals with Maddy's decision to become a Guardian within the opening pages of the book and I think it was handled really well. That she was going to decide to become a Guardian was never really in question - cover art, title, an
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review Courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

Unlike most YA novels that feature angels, the Immortal Angels series doesn’t hide these beings from the masses, it turns them into celebrities complete with paparazzi, commercials, and magazine interviews. It’s a cool concept that could have been even cooler if the human celebrity reaction to the angel craze was explored as well.

Picking up ten months after IMMORTAL CITY, NATURAL BORN ANGEL follows half-angel Maddy as she tries to navigate the complex a
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
I waited a long time to read Natural Born Angel and when I did read it I was both happy and sad. The first book took me by storm and I could not put it down and read it in four hours because I had to see where it was going but NBA really had me stumped. First I love when you e sequel and they glaze over some things from the first book and you get to see why that person said or did that but with this book it did not happen so I found myself going back and checking and making sure I did not miss a ...more
Kate
After slaving away at her uncle’s diner and studying hard to get the marks required to get into college, Maddy Montgomery is faced with a choice. Her dream school or the chance to train at the top-secret Guardian school. Going from the anonymous high school student to being the world’s number one It-Girl in less than a year, Maddy also has to navigate her new-found popularity and balance her new professional life with her relationship with the oh-so dreamy, Jackson Godspeed. Life will never be t ...more
Chayse Sundt

Argggghhh!!!! This is probably the one main reason I hate reading books before they come out because when you finish it, you have to wait longer for the next book to come out. This book made just think how I wish I waited.

This book continues down the road a little where the main character Maddy is about to go to college but she has the difficult decision of opting out and becoming a guardian just like her boyfriend Jackson. I kind of new what her decision was going to be but I didn't know how i
Booklover
I had so many expectations for this book after book 1. But the author did a total 180 with this book. It started off great, but as It went in i just couldn't stand the new plot line. the author started skipping major events in the story line and talking about Sylvester while I would rather read about maddy and jacks! There was barely any chemistry or empathy between them. And all of a sudden there's a live triangle!!! WTF!?!
Somewhere along the line she says to jacks : "no secrets remember" But
Leslie Anne
This is the first time for me to review on a book for the reason of just expressing how much I view it. Don't read my review if you haven't read the book yet because some vague spoiler is included.

Review:

I can get how Maddy would suddenly feel on all the changes that happened to her and Jack too. Maddy is finally going to choose what she view as being a half angel and half human and being part of it. While Jack is blinded with his feelings too much that he has forgotten what he has. Changes can
Aiysha
***Spoiler Alert***
I cannot review this book without adding spoilers from the previous book so if you haven't, don't read beyond this point! Look for 'Immortal City' the first book in the series.

I know I've said this before but again it is true for this book too. I have been eagerly waiting for 'Natural Born Angel' as I absolutely loved the first book in the series and still holding to the opinion that Scott should make it an AMAZING major motion picture!

With Natural Born Angel, I was waiting t
Mitsoo
Holly
First of all, I absolutely loved Immortal City , so I was really quite excited to read Natural Born Angel. I felt the first book of this series was a really fresh concept, and not something I had expected from an angel book, and I loved it.

So naturally when I found out it was a series, and this was the next book in the series, I was expecting more of the excitement and originality like the first. This didn't really happen for me.

First of all, I felt like the characters underwent drastic perso
Jade
Pam Brokenshire
Love the storyline, hate the ending. I mean come on a romance and plot cliffhanger? That's just messed up. And Jacks' sudden change in behavior. I don't like it, not one bit. What was wrong with Maddie and Jacks being happy? I hate the sudden shift in romance, but what can I say, my interest in this plot is just too much for me to walk away. It's an awesome idea, being played out in a fantastic way. I don't normally like books written by male authors, well at least not books with a lot of romanc ...more
Naqib
okay i like this one better than the first book.

maddy. okay you are living in your dreamworld. whatever, but it does not meant that she should be selfish. but i can't get past the feeling that she was too caught up with her new fame and busyness that she just "abandoned" Jacks. not to mention CHEATED on him. she didn't even know that he couldn't fly anymore. and the main reason he couldn't fly was HER. i mean. come on! the guy had his freaking wings because she was an idiot once and now she is
3rd book-What do you think Maddie will choose? What would you choose? 16 63 Jun 02, 2014 10:44PM
Anyone else? 6 13 Feb 25, 2014 04:15PM
Are Maddy and Jackson going to be together, together as in a couple? 2 27 Jan 27, 2013 08:58PM
Is she going to choose to become a Guardian Angel? 1 6 Jul 22, 2012 06:18PM
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Infatuate (Gilded Wings, #2)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Pushed (Sense Thieves, #2)
  • Angel Fever (Angel, #3)
  • A Shimmer of Angels (Angel Sight, #1)
  • Shadow of the Mark (Carrier, #2)
  • A Radiant Sky (A Beautiful Dark, #3)
  • Hunted (The Guardian Legacy, #3)
  • Hidden (Avena, #1)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • A Touch Menacing (A Touch Trilogy, #3)
  • The Unseen 2 (The Unseen, #3-4)
  • Naturals (The Lost Souls, #2)
  • After Daybreak (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #3)
  • Endless (The Violet Eden Chapters, #4)
  • Avenger (Halflings, #3)
Scott Speer is a movie and music video director and a graduate of the University of Southern California's School of Cinema Television. He has directed music videos for artists such as Will.I.Am, Jordin Sparks, and Ashley Tisdale and is currently directing Step Up 4. Scott lives in Los Angeles, California.
More about Scott Speer...
Immortal City (Immortal City, #1) Battle Angel (Immortal City, #3)

“ The Strength of a hero is not in her abilities. In her weapons. These things are important, but they are not the source of her strength. The source of her strength is in her belief in an idea – the idea that those who are strong, and those who are able, protect those who are not, and those who cannot protect themselves. The idea that the good, and the right, will triumph. She is willing to put herself in harm’s way – in mortal danger – to prove her belief in this idea.” “That it is the duty of those who have within themselves the power, and the gift, to help others.” 7 likes