Start by marking “Chasing Shadows (Shadow Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Shadows (Shadow Chronicles, #1)

Chasing Shadows (Shadow Chronicles #1)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Saphrona Caldwell is a 233-year-old human-vampire hybrid who maintains a quiet existence in the strangest of places: on a farm, where she raises chickens and breeds horses, pigs, and dairy cows. A far cry from the life of Gothic glamour she once lived, she has all but walked away entirely from the world into which she was born.

Her life is forever changed when she meets Mar
Published June 22nd 2012 by Black Room Press

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Shadows

Ravenz Reviews
Saphrona Caldwell is a 233 year old vampire hybrid who has spent the last 150 years wondering when her bondmate (soulmate) would finally make an appearance in her life. However, she hasn't spent her life pining away, solely waiting for that man to arrive. She spends her days tending to her farm, caring for her animals and writing vampire tell-all books under an assumed name. Saphrona is definitely not your typical vampire hybrid. She has abandoned the vampire community save for her brother Lochl ...more
Daphne
I heard about this book when I was looking at a blog of one of my favorite authors, Raine Thomas. Anyway, after I saw what she had said about the book, I knew I had to read it. So, I started hunting for it. When I couldn't find a Nook friendly copy, I asked where I could find one on Christina Moore's website. And she offered me a copy in exchange for a review.

Anyway, back to the book. I loved the story. It was different and unique. Everyone knows about vampires and werewolves, but Moore takes al
Raquel-The Babbling Reader
This book was EXTREMELY good. At about 11% through the book, where Saphrona and Mark have dinner for the first time, the story starts to get interesting and intriguing. I absolutely loved it. The book was action packed and it was very refreshing because I thought it was an original vampire book. I could not wait to get through the book because I wanted to see what and how things were going to happen.

I ABSOLUTELY loved the characters. They were relatable and very likeable. I loved Juliette and Lo
Renee
Really liked this book. Can't wait to read the next one. The author has a way of making you think that you are apart of the story.
I just love Mark and Saphrona. They are a great couple.
Zuleika Noguera
All ready fallen in love with the characters. How about meeting the man of your dreams after so many many many years later.
AG Roberson
I enjoyed this book for several reasons other than your " usual" vampire story, which this is not, Casting Shadows goes far beyond what we all have in our minds as a typical vampire. The challenges Saparona has to face in her 233 years doesn't distract her from what/ whom she she wants. Truth be known waiting on the next installment is going to be hard.
Michelle Macpherson
Michelle Macpherson marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Trinity Methot
Trinity Methot marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Riana
Riana marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Abigail Hamel
Abigail Hamel is currently reading it
Oct 31, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Oct 20, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Dhruvi
Dhruvi marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
~ Becky
~ Becky marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Amy McGlone
Amy McGlone marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Sasha Johnson
Sasha Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Angie Colvin
Angie Colvin marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Kacey
Kacey marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Amy H
Amy H marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
grumpyoldbird
grumpyoldbird marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Lesli Poore
Lesli Poore marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Please visit and like my Facebook author page (www.facebook.com/ChristinaMoore.Author) or my blog, where you you can read updates as I work on my current novel, a bio too lengthy to post here (lol), and my thoughts on writing and reading.
More about Christina Moore...

Shadow Chronicles (2 books)
  • From the Shadows (Shadow Chronicles, #2)
Fire Born (Firehouse 343, #1) From the Shadows (Shadow Chronicles, #2) Two Evils