Start by marking “Aftermath (Nightshade #3.5; Nightshade World #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Aftermath (Nightshade #3.5; Nightshade World #6.5)

Aftermath (Nightshade #3.5)

Picking up where BLOODROSE left off, this short story delves into the aftermath of the final battle between the Searchers, the Keepers and the Guardians. Adne is haunted by her past actions, Logan is running for his life, and the Searchers still don't feel safe. What they thought was the end of the War of All against All may just be the beginning of something even more sin ...more
Published July 31st 2012 by Philomel (first published July 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Aftermath, please sign up.

Jemma i think there is a new one? I'm only on the first one and ten seems like a awhile atm so maybe he changes coz i see cal and shay together i don't like…morei think there is a new one? I'm only on the first one and ten seems like a awhile atm so maybe he changes coz i see cal and shay together i don't like ten at all! but he doesn't deserve to die haha so hopefully he finds his soulmate too(less)
Here Without You by Tammara WebberBeautiful Darkness by Kami GarciaDangerous Creatures by Kami GarciaThe Maze Runner by James DashnerThe Mayfair Moon by J.A. Redmerski
Series I can Finish/Continue
41st out of 66 books — 6 voters
Divergent by Veronica RothCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareBloodlines by Richelle MeadInsurgent by Veronica Roth
YA books with Hot Guys
106th out of 142 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

RRRRREEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! Tell me this is true!!! I can't believe it !!! He better fudging be ALIVE because if he is just a figment of Adne's imagination I'm gonna flip my shit!!
Sep 04, 2012 Teresa rated it it was ok
I liked this.

That's it. Mainly because of the Searchers - Adne, Connor, Ethan and the addition of Sabine - they're all very cute and dandy.

But this novella didn't satisfy me enough to erase the dissatisfaction from Bloodrose. It just didn;'t. I think Andrea Cremer should have just ended it slightly different and maybe even placed this at the end of Bloodrose, because by publishing this separately, the readers who were left angry, annoyed and the like, won't pick up this novella because the serie
Oct 06, 2012 Carie rated it liked it
Hmm… What is the point of this? Is Cremer planning to write a sequel to the Nightshade series? Is she trying to win back fans who were beyond irritated by the end of that series with the hints/teases in this novella?! This really smacks of way too little, far too late to me, but I might be intrigued if she does have a follow-up book/series planned… Then again, I’m not sure Cremer can be trusted. I haven’t been able to talk myself into reading RIFT yet--I’m just having an excruciatingly difficult ...more
Annie Brewer
Oct 25, 2013 Annie Brewer rated it liked it
YES! YES! Motherfucking yes!! Holy fucking shit!! Oh my god!! There might be some hope after I was shattered beyond repair in Bloodrose. Holy Christ on a cracker!! This is good...a start.

But I will not get my hopes too high. But that last line had me almost cry tears of joy and relief!!!!! I do not like Calla and she's not at all redeemable in my eyes. But this was a nice treat for the broken since it was about Adne and her dreams...the aftermath of the war that occurred in Bloodrose and killed
Dec 21, 2012 Aqsa rated it really liked it

Sooooo... Aftermath?

And Cremer?

Forget about what I said before. ILY CREMER.

Like I don't even fucking really know what I'm doing with this book.
I swear, I really don't now why it's in my hands, when I was absolutely, completely, utterly, disgusted with the previous novel.
I honestly don't know.
But, due to a certain someone (How I would like to french kiss that person all day!) mentioning how I should read this if I despised Bloodro
Aug 07, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
This review has spoilers from Bloodrose (book 3). Please do not read this if you have not read Bloodrose.

Where to start? Okay so I really liked Nightshade and Wolfsbane and most of Bloodrose. But I really did not like what happened with Ren. And I really did not like how Bloodrose ended. But I was curious about Aftermath (supposed to be a story right after Bloodrose).

Since the whole series was mostly about the wolves for some reason I thought that this story would be about the wolves. That we wo
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
*ahem* What was that? It can't be, can it? O_O I mean.. Everyone saw one's death. Everyone! It's pretty much impossible for one to be alive so I'm not going to get my hopes up and I'll settle with the solution that what Adne saw was a delusion or something.

Anyway, can I just say that I love Adne with Connor? #lesigh. I also adore Ethan's pairing. These four are cute little cupcakes who'd probably make me want to take the cupcake comment back but... No. I won't. LOL. They're awesome!

Since the f
Tiffany Oharriz
Sep 01, 2012 Tiffany Oharriz rated it it was ok
::sigh:: a little better. Still....

(view spoiler) How the hell could you just leave us hanging like this! I need to know, the other readers need to know where you plan on going with this.... seriously! This book could have definitely been at the end of Bloodrose or a prol
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
WTF does this novella mean? There's so many questions I need answering. Ren, Bosque, Logan? WTH! Does this mean there's going to be another spin off series or will old characters somehow feature in the new prequel series. ANDREA, I need answers! Otherwise, AWESOME novella - like always from Andrea! =)
Jess (Gone with the Words)
Sep 03, 2012 Jess (Gone with the Words) rated it it was amazing
HOLY CRAP!! THE ENDING!! For all of you who, like me, DIED A LITTLE INSIDE because of the outcome of a certain favorite character...YOU MUST READ THIS NOVELLA!! Also, if you've read RIFT, you'll recognize a couple of the names mentioned and will make you even more anxious for RISE.
Aug 01, 2012 Jana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-reads
If you're like me and HATED HATED HATED the ending of Bloodrose, read this.
Michele at A Belle's Tales
I had hoped that this novella would be some sort of peace offering from the author since Bloodrose left my heart in tiny, pulverized pieces. I love Andrea Cremer and her Nightshade series; and, even though I gave Bloodrose five stars due to her incredible writing and her ability to create such an emotional attachment between myself and her characters, I was very saddened by one of the choices made at the end of the series. So, I had high expectations that Aftermath would somehow make amends.

Dec 31, 2013 Kasey rated it really liked it

OKAY, first off I'd like to say I KNEW IT! Once I read what the book was about I knew that The thing going on with Adne had to do with Bosques garden from Bloodrose. Second, Andrea hasn't said anything about more books with them but if she decides to she better not have Adne go all evil like Eria and have Calla the wolf end up with Ren. Like wtf he randomly shows up after supposedly being dead. I know alot of people would be happy since they are Team Ren but I'm Team Shay. An also you can't jus
Jun 24, 2013 Trisha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did like this little ending, giving us a taste of what life is like after the choices and consequences have been handed out.

But I think this left me with more questions that I didn't have after Bloodrose. In a way, I guess, it's nice to have hope. But in another, I feel like the last part of Bloodrose was for nothing. Why go back on the choice you've made??

*sigh* oh well, I guess I like the hope more than anything :)
Jenn Lambert
Aug 10, 2012 Jenn Lambert rated it did not like it
I thought that this part of the Nightshade story was done....finished...Calla and Shey lived happily ever after...the end. I was ok with that.....NOW she has to throw Ren (who's supposed to be dead BTW)back into the mix. I can also say that I would of definantly been ok is she never released it. If she wanted to keep it open for other books, she could've just added this onto the end of Bloodrose as a prologue, being that it is seems to be so short.
Aug 03, 2013 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: werewolves
I expected this to tie up a few ends on terms of the characters left behind (those who weren't Guardians) but if anything it created more questions. It almost seemed like the author set it up for a spinoff series. I like the idea of REN being around, but it almost felt like the author changed her mind about his demise in the end of the series and this was her way of rectifying it. Hmmm, not sure how I feel about the whole thing.
Sep 30, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
I read this novella in a span of five minutes and wow! But holy crap on a freak cracker!! I'm going to quote a saying in another book..."Woah! Hold it! Throw it in park! And put on the emergency brake!" The ending....Is there going to a spin off series?! I mean come on!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I can't process this right now. Like my brain is saying "holy crap what just happened" while also going YES YES YES!!!!!
Jan 05, 2013 Richa rated it it was amazing
I loved this! Mostly because of the ending ;)
And of course, I love Adne and Connor too. They're so cute <3

There are going to be three more Nightshade books after this, written in third person. They're gonna be about the Searchers, Logan, and other familiar characters.
I honestly can't wait for the next Nightshade book, coming in Fall 2013!
Sep 29, 2012 Victoria rated it really liked it
Nice little novella. Gives us a little look at what may be a spin off series :).
Ande is troubled by very realistic dreams that may be a foretelling of the future. I'm kind of hoping they are as I loved the Nightshade series. It would be interesting to see a little more Ren ;).
Lydia Hale
Oct 19, 2012 Lydia Hale rated it it was amazing
Seriously I cannot believe Andrea Cremer can do this to her fans- pure torture. If she doesn't follow this through and tell us about Ren I don't know what I wil do. If you have read bloodrose you HAVE to read this!
Aug 13, 2015 desperatetodrown rated it liked it
yes but now? in trenta pagine ha dato l incipit per una saga sequel e ci a però finire cosi una novella è una tortura.
Oct 24, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
I'm not quite sure what to do with this. Is there a sequel in the works or is Andrea just trying to torture us?
Word Traffic
Aug 26, 2012 Word Traffic rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wolves
Much better ending to the series, but why the new plot? This feels like an introduction to book 4.
Michelle Randall
Aftermath is a conclusion to the Nightshade series written well after Bloodrose had been published.

This e-book, focuses mostly on Andre and a little on Sabine, but they are still working with their guys to clean up the remains of the Rowan Estate. Even in all that mess, some one has tried to steal some of the books, and that has them all worried because they were the oldest books about the originals. This brings up talk of Logan.

This is a good transition from this into another set. Not long at a
Dec 31, 2015 Stephanie rated it liked it
I hate reading the first book in the series and then I have to wait for the next one to come out and by that time, I already forgot about the first book and this was what happened for this series. I got distracted during my wait with other novels and by the time I got back to the series, 3 years later, there was no way I would remember the first book. Thank god for Goodreads cause at least it told me that I rated the first book a 5* which meant it was pretty good in my book. Unfortunately I cann ...more
Janus Vielle the Erudite Artist
I didn’t really know what Aftermath is about when I first saw it. I just grabbed it off and read it immediately only knowing this was taking place after the events of Bloodrose.

What we thought was the end of a waging war after a brutal fight between the Searches (along with Calla and company), and the Keepers (also known as the bad guys) wasn’t all that it seems. Although they have put an end to the Keepers’ reign, it didn’t put an end to all things evil. And Adne is just about to find out what
Liz { nvl.tea }
I have the B&N special edition, so I actually felt a little cheated with this novella. It's pretty much exactly what is already in my edition of the book, but with a little bit tacked on to the beginning and end.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Adne. She's definitely one of my favorite characters, and anything extra with her I'll gobble up with a spoon. I just felt like I should have gotten more for my money.

There is a deliciously sinister feel to this. It really, really makes me hope t
Jan 22, 2016 Chels rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Snakeroot before this, and when I started reading I realised that this is it's first chapter, so you can basically just skip this and read Snakeroot now that it's out. It's a great book, you have to continue the series even though the end of Bloodrose was heartbreaking, Snakeroot places some little pieces of your heart back together.
Candy Lazzaro
Jun 17, 2014 Candy Lazzaro rated it it was amazing
Please write more of this story. I Love these Nightshade Books. Shay & Calla's story may have ended but Ariadne, Connor, Sabine and Ethan still have a lot going on and we (the fans) would love to read more about them.
  • Crow Memory (The Blood Journals, #1.5)
  • Breathless (Firelight, #3.5)
  • All I Want for Christmas (The Demon Trappers, #0.4)
  • The Lost Letters of Brother Gabriel (The Dark Divine, #2.5)
  • Darkest Powers Bonus Pack 1 (Darkest Powers Trilogy 0.5, 1.5, 2.5)
  • A Dance with Darkness (Angelfire, #0.5)
  • Trust (The Hero Chronicles #2)
  • Haven Lost (The Dragon's Brood Cycle, Vol. 1)
  • Dark Waters (Elemental #1)
  • Dream Warrior  (Dark Warrior Alliance #1)
  • Shattered (Shade, #3.5)
  • Stopping Time and Old Habits (Wicked Lovely #2.5-.6)
  • Resist (Possession, #0.5)
  • The Hound of Bar Harborville
  • Second Skin (Skinned, #2)
  • Beasts and BFFs (13 to Life, #0.5)
  • Courted by the Vampire (Eight Realms, #1)
  • Girls' Night Out (Faeriewalker, #3.5)
Andrea Cremer is the author of the internationally bestselling Nightshade series. She spent her childhood daydreaming and roaming the forests and lakeshores of Northern Wisconsin.

Andrea has always loved writing and has never stopped writing, but she only recently plunged into the deep end of the pool that is professional writing. Before she wrote her first novel, Andrea was a history professor at
More about Andrea Cremer...

Nightshade (3 books)
  • Nightshade (Nightshade #1; Nightshade World #4)
  • Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2; Nightshade World #5)
  • Bloodrose (Nightshade #3; Nightshade World #6)

“Connor has always been light to her. Pure light and hope in the face of sorrow and despair.” 11 likes