Start by marking “The Good the Bad and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Good the Bad and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #3)

The Good the Bad and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery #3)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  1,594 ratings  ·  159 reviews
Darcy Merriweather is Enchanted Village’s newest resident Wishcrafter—a witch who can grant wishes for others. But as Darcy prepares a celebration for a magical florist, she discovers that every rose has its thorns…

When magical florist Harriette Harkette decides to throw a lavish eightieth birthday party for herself, she hires Darcy’s Aunt Ve’s personal concierge service
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published April 2nd 2013 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about The Good the Bad and the Witchy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Good the Bad and the Witchy

Cloche and Dagger by Jenn McKinlayThe Whole Enchilada by Diane Mott DavidsonPeach Pies and Alibis by Ellery AdamsA Custom-Fit Crime by Melissa BourbonThe Diva Frosts a Cupcake by Krista Davis
2013 Cozy Mystery New Releases
18th out of 199 books — 196 voters
The Forsaken by R.J. CraddockThe Offspring by R.J. CraddockIt Takes a Witch by Heather BlakeThe Goodbye Witch by Heather BlakeA Witch Before Dying by Heather Blake
Our Favorite Good Witches
6th out of 108 books — 44 voters

More lists with this book...

Jenn
I absolutely adored this story. In addition to the humour the reader got to know (and hopefully appreciate) in the previous two installments, the reader is now in for a treat as an element of spookiness is added to the wonderful medley of genres that makes this series so endearing.
To begin with, the reader will find this story to be much more character focused as we can trace the development of the protagonist and the immediate secondary characters, and it also provides greater depths into the c
mlady_rebecca
Unlike J.D. Robb's NY, the residents of this little town must be getting creeped out by the string of murders. Hmmm, that thought may be a sign I'm reading too many of these back to back. Although, no problem, I just caught up with the publishing schedule.

The murder du jour is a young delivery boy named Michael, who Darcy met and liked, but we never met on screen before his death. Until his death being key, as Michael's ghost attaches itself to Darcy, waiting for her to solve his murder.

Darcy's
Betty
Will a ghost imprint on a person? Darcy has bad luck as Michael's ghost imprinted on her and he goes everywhere. Michael was delivering a striper cake to a party hosted by AS YOU WISH. We meet different kinds of crafters in this story. We learned about illum, flora and land crafters and there ability. Black roses have been shown and won awards. They have been feuding for a number of years. Dacy romance continues. I find the introduction of so many different crafters it hard to keep track of all ...more
Bird
I will pretty much read whatever Heather Blake/Webber writes. Having said that, this most recent installment of the Wishcraft Mystery series frustrated me a bit.

Here's what I can't understand: Why can't someone just wish that the crime would be solved? I know that Darcy can't fulfill her own wishes, but she's allowed to fulfill other Crafters' wishes if the Elder feels it's acceptable. Wouldn't the Elder want the murder to be solved, therefore she would have no problem allowing Darcy to fulfill
Suspense Magazine
Harriette Harkette, a Floracrafter, is throwing herself a formal 80th birthday party complete with black roses and a stripper. Harriette can’t do this on her own so she hires Darcy and Aunt Ve’s personal concierge service, As You Wish, to make it the most elegant birthday bash ever! It will also be the perfect opportunity for Harriette to show her newest creation, the midnight black Witching Hour rose.
The party is a hit except for a few minor problems. First, the cake is late and the cake delive
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
I was given a gift by the talented author, Heather Blake. The gift was an Advance Reader's copy of this stunning book, 'The Good, The Bad, and the Witchy.' Not only was being thought of a treat, the book, itself, was one great read!

Darcy Merriweather, a young woman possessing powers of a Wishcrafter (she can grant wishes for others,) has found a home in a section of Salem's outskirts, known as The Enchanted Village. Darcy has found friends, family, and thanks to her Aunt, Velma, a good job. The
Darcy
This book got very messy for Darcy, causing issues in her life. Yes there was the big issue of finding the dead body and then wanting and needing to figure out the killer, but more importantly was how doing that caused little waves in her life. I really liked the help that Darcy had in this one, mostly because the person helping had the most at stake, even if it didn't alter the final outcome. The relationship developed was great and I was sad to see it end.

I really would like to see Nick and Da
Schmolli
As I said after reading the first part of this witch series, I couldn't wait to start this one. I was not disappointed. Again an easy read, but still engaging, logically continuing the development of the character, which had been introduced in the first book. A book you will not want to put down until finished, just because it is so relaxing to read.
Cindy
I love this series. The author has a way of taking you to her mythical town and making it real. You never even question the fact that they are witches, it all seems normal.
Sabra
Still very "Murder She Wrote," and why doesn't anyone leave this murderous little village? It has to be the murder capital of Massachusetts.
Melissapalmer404
Book #120 Read in 2014
The Good, the Bad and the Witchy by Heather Blake

This is the third book in a paranormal cozy mystery series. Darcy is a Wishcrafter....she can grant other people's wishes. Set in a magical village, this series is a comfort read for me; I enjoy the characters and the setting. In this book, local crafter Michael is murdered and his ghost has imprinted on Darcy. To help him find peace, she wants to solve the murder. To try to do so puts her at risk. This series has the cozy my
Amee.21
* * * * * Spoiler Alert * * * * *

I loved this book. I adored her connection to Michael and what became a deeper friendship but also a truer friendship. By that I mean it wasn't just heavy and trying to find out about the murder, there were funny moments, sticky & gooey ones and a hot one.

This book was emotional for me and I don't know if I was alone in that. Some things weren't so mysterious, like Tilda's disappearance. But it didn't matter to me I was pulled in by the magic of any & al
Sara
I missed this when it was released somehow, but it did not disappoint! Heather Blake kicked it up a notch with this installment of the Wishcraft series.

Harriette Harkette is no wallflower...pun intended, as she is a FloraCrafter. Not only is she throwing herself an 80th birthday party (planned by the Merriweathers and As You Wish), she's developed the first and only truly black rose which obviously has the flower world in a tizzy.

The birthday cake is late, so Darcy goes to check to see if it's a
Samantha
Henrietta
I loved Darcy!
Laura Agnella
The Good, the Bad, and the Witchy by Heather Blake is the third in the wishcraft mystery series and I am devouring them. I find that they are perfect cozy mysteries to snuggle up with and am already grabbing the next one from the store.

This series gets rave reviews from me. I've spoken before about my love for the characters. Each character living in the Enchanted Village has their own appeal. Eccentricity is the norm and in this installment, we get some new quirky characters to love (or hate).
Melodie
I don't think Heather Blake/Webber knows how to write a bad book! I have yet to pick up anything by her that wasn't a page turning treat! This one was no exception. I was really stumped as to who the killer was! I think I'm going to need to come up with a flow-chart to keep all the crafters, half-crafters and wanna-bes and their powers straight! Great read! RECOMMEND!!
Fala19
The Good, the Bad and the Witchy was a masterfully crafted mystery that left me guessing until the very end as to who the killer was. This was a very fast moving book that I did not want to put down. I have loved every book I've read by Heather Blake and this one was no different.
Candace Davidson
Magically wonderful!
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
CAUTION! IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK YET. CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK! THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

With this book I felt sorry for Darcy as she was stuck with a ghost that wanted her to solve his murder so that someone will know about what was really going on.
Much like Heather's other two books this one was such a good one that I couldn't put it down for a while and when it was done I felt a little bit good but also sad. The reason for that is because I didn't want it to end but then I
Erin
Book #3 in the Wishcraft Mystery series starts off with a boisterous birthday bash for Harriette, an eighty-year-old "floracrafter," (a witch whose magical specialty is flowers), complete with her signature black roses and an aging stripper. The party is just getting going when Darcy Merriweather discovers the recently murdered corpse of the young man who'd come to deliver the birthday cake. Michael's ghost attaches itself to Darcy, urging her to help him find his killer, but Darcy's snooping pu ...more
LORI CASWELL

As You Wish, Darcy and Aunt Ve’s personal concierge service has been hired to throw a party for magical florist, Harriette Harkness. She is 80 years young and plans to celebrate. She is also celebrating her new Witching Hour rose, it is the very first all natural midnight black flower
bella
The Good, the Bad and the Witchy is the third book in this series by Heather Blake and given how much I was hooked in by the first two books, I was expecting high hopes out of this one. Thankfully Ms Blake didn't disappoint as she winds magic, mayhem and murder through the Enchanted Village.

Wishcrafter Darcy is looking forward to enjoying a visiting carnival with boyfriend, policy officer Nick, but when murder occurs outside her Aunt Ve's friend, Harriette Harkness' birthday party, Darcy and Nic
Chibineko
I found this book a little interesting because it both brings up some new potential issues that I think will both help and hurt the series as a whole. At least in my opinion. None of the "hurt" is enough to dissuade me from the series, however. I'll elaborate more on that in a bit.

I first want to discuss what I liked about the book. The mystery here is good, but what really pushes the series is the magic. I really found this an interesting spin on the whole idea of witches and magic in cozy myst
❂ Jennifer (reviews on BookLikes)
Very fun, light-hearted read with a just a few heart tugging moments. And an excellent murder mystery that is very well crafted - the murderer was most excellently concealed. As the daughter of a career florist, the story of the elusive black rose was highly entertaining and with each new book it feels like the magic of this "universe" matures a bit more, making this a book I could not put down once I got stuck into it.

The characters of the Enchanted Village are very fleshed out and it's easy t
Megan
The third book in the Wishcraft mystery series, I wasn’t too happy with it. When magical florist Harriette Harkette decides to throw a birthday party/celebration for herself, she hires Darcy from As You Wish to plan the party. Darcy finds herself in over her head though, when the cake delivery boy, Michael Healey winds up dead. Michael’s ghost “implants” on Darcy, forcing her to solve the mystery and bring the culprit to justice so that Michael can rest in peace.
I have read the previous two book
Kat Lebo
I thought I had already read the first couple of books in this series, so I purchased the 3rd expecting an easy read, as I would already know all the back stories. Surprise! This was not a series I had previously read, so that was a bit disheartening at first. However, I quickly caught up and by 1/4 way through I was pretty sure who everyone was, as well as what everyone was. :-)

This novel qualifies as top notch for me for several reasons:

1) The proofreading and editing are wonderful. I did not
Ana
Melody Troxell
This is the third book in Heather Blake's Wishcraft Series and I have to say that it is my favorite! Another amazing adventure featuring Darcy Merriweather and the Enchanted village crew. There is certainly mystery but also love, drama, and of course family disfunction!

After rereading both of the other Wishcraft books (A Witch before Dying and It takes a Witch) I was definitely excited to begin the third. The story line is amazing (and since it is early on I am not going to include specifics) w
Stripers, black roses and a dead body, oh my!

Darcy is settling in and really enjoying her life with, Nick, Harper, Mimi, Missy & Aunt Ve. The festival is going on, Halloween is coming up and Darcy is making 80 years old Harriett’s birthday wishes come true, until she finds another body. She knows Michael Healey and can’t believe her luck. Michael’s soul imprints on Darcy and she has to solve his murder so he can move on.

Darcy and Nick’s relationship is moving slowly but steadily until Glinda
  • Tarnished And Torn (A Witchcraft Mystery, #5)
  • Perfectly Matched (Lucy Valentine, #4)
  • Charms and Chocolate Chips (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #3)
  • A Custom-Fit Crime (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #4)
  • Peach Pies and Alibis (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery #2)
  • Pall in the Family (A Family Fortune Mystery, #1)
  • Tulle Death Do Us Part (Vintage Magic Mystery #6)
  • Trouble in the Tarot (A Fortune Teller Mystery #3)
Also writes as Heather Webber

Heather Blake grew up in a suburb of Boston, and enjoys going “home” in her novels. As a young mother, she tried her hand at writing novels and hasn’t looked back. Currently, Heather lives in the Cincinnati area, and is currently hard at work on her next novel.

15 Things You May Not Know About Me
1) I am completely, hopelessly addicted to Dr Pepper.
2) Three of my favorit
More about Heather Blake...

A Wishcraft Mystery (5 books)
  • It Takes a Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #1)
  • A Witch Before Dying (A Wishcraft Mystery, #2)
  • The Goodbye Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #4)
  • Some Like It Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #5)
It Takes a Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #1) A Witch Before Dying (A Wishcraft Mystery, #2) A Potion to Die For (Magic Potion Mystery #1) The Goodbye Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #4) One Potion in the Grave ( A Magic Potion Mystery #2)