Start by marking “Battle Chasers Anthology” as Want to Read:
Battle Chasers Anthology

Battle Chasers Anthology (Battle Chasers 0-9)

¡Sigue a la joven Gully en la búsqueda de su padre junto al espadachín Garrison, el mago Knolan, el golem Calibretto y la mercenaria Red Monika! BATTLE CHASERS ANTHOLOGY recopila la serie original íntegra, con páginas y bocetos nunca vistos, por JOE MADUREIRA, Munier Sharrief y la colaboración de Adam Warren.

Battle Chasers combina elementos de fantasía, steampunk y ciencia
Published June 2012 by Planeta Deagostini (first published April 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Battle Chasers Anthology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Battle Chasers Anthology

Shadowdenizen
Nov 09, 2015 Shadowdenizen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-other
Those who were comics-fans in the 90's likely remember "Battle Chasers" and it's eccentric creator Joe Madureira.

Hot off the the heels of his acclaimed run on X-Men, Joe Mad went to the creator-owned well and created "Battle-Chasers" to launch Image's new "Cliffhanger" imprint (along wiht Humberto Ramos [who did the Vampire-Saga "Crimson"], and J. Scott Campbell [who created "Danger Girl"].)

Amd what a launch it was! All 3 titles did well initially, but "Battle Chasers" eclipsed the other two. An
Jerry
Mar 16, 2013 Jerry rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Here's a series I've intended to read for a long time. I've heard so many positive things about this, that once I saw a digital edition on Comixology I went for it.

It's rare for me to so bitterly regret spending $14. I feel like buying $14 worth of toothpicks would've been more satisfying.

I give it one star for the art work, which was good especially considering the artist was 16 years old at the time. The 16 year-old artist was also the writer, and so you know where that leaves the story. Ever
Elton
Feb 04, 2014 Elton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This still holds up well after more than a decade. It's shame Joe Mad never finished this. I would probably have given this 5 stars if it were finished. And if Monika's boobs weren't so outrageously big.
Patrick
If this series had ever actually ended I'd probably have rated it higher. As it stands, it starts off wonderfully and drops a bit on the last two issues but never actually concludes.

I knew this going in. I'd read the first couple of issues back when they first came out which was just before I stopped reading comics for 10-15 years.

The story is okay and the characters are passable...but that art is something of beauty. Now, I could do without the overly sexualized Monika, but the rest...almost p
Silas
Dec 29, 2014 Silas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recall reading the first couple of issues of Battle Chasers when it came out, and really enjoying it. It was very different from comics at the time, since it was more about swords and sorcery than capes and tights. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the rest of the issues at my local comic shop, and never saw where it went from there. Having now read through the collected (if incomplete) story, I think it holds up quite well, and is highly enjoyable with the exception of Monika, and some rat ...more
Camilo Guerra
Sep 23, 2015 Camilo Guerra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
Aramus, el héroe del reino esta perdido y una pandilla de hombres lobos van detrás de su hija y esta es salvada por un golem de guerra mecánico, un mago milenario y un guerrero mítico que es sin igual con la espada, entre magia,sangre,hechizos, todo con un arte amerimanga de calidad suprema...¿te llama la atención?, pues a mi y a miles de fanáticos también, pero Madureira dejo la serie cortada en un coitus interruptus tremendo por irse a diseñar videojuegos.Este tomo es de un tamaño mayor, intro ...more
Tar (Smoke)
May 05, 2013 Tar (Smoke) rated it it was amazing
Uno de mis comics favoritos. Lo leí hace muchos años, cuando mi hermano empezó a comprárselos porque vimos los dibujos de Madureira en la PSM.

Aprovechando la aparición del recopilatorio he vuelto a leermelo y no me ha depcecionado. Lo malo, por supuesto, es que no termina. No es que tenga un final abierto, es que no está terminado y hasta donde yo sé no va a terminarse.

Una pena.

Chaz
Mar 14, 2016 Chaz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Battle Chasers is Completely Awesome.

I love Joe Mad's art and I wish he had finished this series. That is all. He's one of my art idols and a fantastic influence for artists everywhere.
Stephen
Feb 01, 2014 Stephen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
I wanted so badly to like this comic more! There was so much potential, but the story never seemed to wrap itself up. The art and writing are both wonderful, but when you leave the story arc handing the way Battle Chasers did, it's hard to give more than 3 stars...but so much potential!
Kent Kleinowski
Apr 23, 2011 Kent Kleinowski rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One star due to the story not being finished. Unacceptable for a book with such a high price tag.
Javi
Oct 10, 2014 Javi rated it really liked it
Le daría el 10 si no cortara la historia, me ha encantado, magia, espadas, bichos gigantes moooola mucho, pena que no vaya a continuar :(
Mark Deshay
Apr 08, 2013 Mark Deshay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great art, character development and storytelling, but minus 1 star for not finishing the story. I wish he would go back and complete this.
Kenan Fuat Türetken
Kenan Fuat Türetken rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2016
Corey
Corey rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2015
Joe Spaulding
Joe Spaulding rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Henry Perez
Henry Perez rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
Pawel Giemza
Pawel Giemza rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2014
Paul Frankus
Paul Frankus rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2013
Gustavo Rodriguez
Gustavo Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2013
Marcelo Pinto
Marcelo Pinto rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2013
Triggerbox
Triggerbox rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2017
Joe Wygocki
Joe Wygocki rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2015
Joe Wygocki
Joe Wygocki rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2015
David Thomas
David Thomas rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2014
Jey
Jey rated it really liked it
May 22, 2016
Shaun
Shaun rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2015
Ibon Arribas
Ibon Arribas rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Lady Entropy
Lady Entropy rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Jeff
Jeff rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2012
Steve
Steve rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

Battle Chasers (10 books)
  • Battle Chasers #0