Start by marking “The Sea King's Daughter” as Want to Read:
The Sea King's Daughter

The Sea King's Daughter

What would you sacrifice for love? Nyx, the sea king's youngest daughter, detests her underwater palace; she yearns for the sunlit world above the waves. After the young mermaid rescues a human from drowning, she is determined to be with him at any cost. But life on land is not at all as she dreamed, and the price of happiness may be higher than she ever imagined. Love and ...more
Published July 5th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Sea King's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sea King's Daughter

Mar 10, 2013 Avardsin rated it really liked it
I read this book without any expectations, i didn't even read the synopsis. I haven't read Hans Christian Andersen - The Little Mermaid, so i can't comment there :/

Going in without any expectations i was fairly surprised. It was a short read, lasted a few hours. Nyx was an interesting character being impulsive and with a rebellious streak... I didn't like the other character Lysander(was that his name?) not sure why, just rubbed me the wrong way..

I liked his Mom and Nyx Sister Thetis... The oth
Feb 09, 2013 Marley rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars
This modern retelling of the classic story of The Little Mermaid left me with a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak, at the end. Its plot was very tragic and unfourtunatly neither filled the need for a happy ending, nor a particularily epic tradgedy. It was left somewhere in between leaving the readers unsatisfied and longing for more of a story. I would not recomend this novel.
Ziwei Cheng
Dec 04, 2014 Ziwei Cheng rated it it was amazing
I think the little mermaid is a good-hearted "Mermaid." When her six sisters with their beautiful hair, from witch it in exchange for a possible rebirth of the knife so that the little mermaid. As long as the knife pierced the little mermaid prince's chest, so the prince's blood dripping on her feet, then her feet immediately becomes fish tail, she can be free to live the full five hundred years in the sea. If it were me, I will not disappoint the expectations of her sisters, the prince will ki ...more
Aug 29, 2012 Naomi rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle

Woah this book left me feeling in utter despair! It's such a sad story.
It is extremely well written where everything is described so vividly.
This may not be a book with a happy ending but it's worth reading without a doubt!
Oct 30, 2012 Lauren rated it really liked it
I thought that it was an interesting take on The Little Mermaid. It seemed a little short to me but I just blame it on the fact that I read fast.
Apr 13, 2013 Doreen rated it liked it
what a sad story... this story's ending is a total opposite of disney's the little mermaid. very very saddening end but nyx finally realised the people who really loved her for who she was.
Aug 03, 2012 Serina rated it really liked it

Loved the story. I was never much into the little mermaid type storys but this one was really good. This book made me very close to crying a few times.
Leanne Bell
Some powerful morals in this, very well written...but gosh is it depressing :( think i'm going to sit in the corner and rock
Kassandra rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2012
Tirzah rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2013
Jessica rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2015
Kayla rated it it was ok
Sep 12, 2013
Adrian rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2015
Jenny rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2013
Heidi rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2012
Miss Chloe L Barton
Miss Chloe L Barton rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2016
Gabriella rated it liked it
May 15, 2014
Carmin rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2013
Apr 07, 2013 Deborah rated it liked it
This was a good free book though i can say i liked the end it was ok for a free book
Autumn rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2012
Cthebookworm rated it it was ok
Jun 07, 2014
Aug 13, 2012 Priscilla rated it liked it
The ending was so sad!!!
Tina Luzis
Tina Luzis rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2013
Heather rated it did not like it
Aug 08, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Amazon Freebie 11/15/2012
Nakiya rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2014
Regina Linton
Regina Linton rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2012
Molly rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Angela Kimberley
Jan 18, 2013 Angela Kimberley rated it liked it
i liked the book a lot only the end was terrible sad. i really hoped better for her.
Jennifer Rininger
Jennifer Rininger rated it really liked it
May 14, 2015