Start by marking “Polterguys, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Polterguys, Vol. 1

Polterguys, Vol. 1

Bree is a smart but socially awkward college girl who ends up moving into a house that's haunted by five ghost guys. She's the only one who can see these ghosts so she has to help them resolve their unfinished business.

Winner of the Xeric Award 2012

Available from the author's website at http://polterguys.laurbits.com
Published June 29th 2012 by Mumo Press

To ask other readers questions about Polterguys, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Polterguys, Vol. 1

Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Aug 03, 2012 Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe) rated it really liked it
(Regarding the last page - I KNEW it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Fun read, wish I had the next volume!

Full review here: http://www.mangamaniaccafe.com/?p=6911
Kristen
In Polterguys, Bree is a nerdy college student who is studying to become a doctor, but is a bit awkward when it comes to relationships. When she moves into a house haunted by five guy ghosts, she is a bit put off, but soon learns to live with her new roommates. When a strange man comes out of nowhere and tries to take them through a portal, she promises to help them resolve whatever is keeping them there. The only problem is, they have no idea who they are or what their lives were like before ...more
Andy Goldman
Aug 26, 2014 Andy Goldman rated it it was amazing
Polterguys is a black-and-white, manga-style "story of a nerdy college girl befriending a bunch of ghost guys and solving their unfinished businesses." The nerdy girl is named Bree, the college town is a take on Berkeley, and the guys are all hiding in an old rental house for reasons that become clear as the story progresses. First off, let me say that this is a super-professional-looking manga comic, one that I would not have been surprised to read in Shonen Jump.

The art is excellent and the wr
Rachel
This graphic novel is the story of awkward and nerdy Bree, a new college student, who finds herself living alone in an old house. She's never really fit in, she was always more interested in her studies and had a hard time relating to the other kids. She thinks college will be different, though - a place where everyone is there to learn. Unfortunately for Bree, making friends in college has been just as difficult as it was before. After going through several roommates, Bree scores a room in an ...more
M Strawberry
Mar 18, 2013 M Strawberry rated it it was amazing
I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I started reading this, but I am liking it a LOT. You have this cute, nerdy character who is socially awkward and doesn't get along well with people, but it's not because she's a bad person, she's just more introverted and is studying to be a doctor. This was definitely a character I could relate with, and I think that is one reason I liked this book so much.

The storyline itself is also interesting, though it does leave some questions unanswered. But that
Susan
Dec 30, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing
I LOVE POLTERGUYS!!! Smart, funny, and so so cute. Drawn with loving attention to both characters and story, which alone would steal your heart, but together--whoof. I keep checking to see when the next one might be coming out. Can't wait to get my hands on the sequel to this bad boy! <3
Lexie
Prelim Review: Well I found myself a new series to follow folks.

Full review to be posted at Poisoned Rationality
Nicholas George
Nicholas George rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2012
Rhiannon Rasmussen-Silverstein
Rhiannon Rasmussen-Silverstein rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2012
Karen Chong
Karen Chong rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2013
TarValanion Tolliniion
TarValanion Tolliniion rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Ross
Ross rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2014
The other Sandy
The other Sandy rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2013
Greg
Greg rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2012
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2014
Crystal Jayme
Crystal Jayme rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2012
Scott Robins
Scott Robins rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Ketti
Ketti rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Mindy Perry
Mindy Perry rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2013
Rebecca Angel
Rebecca Angel rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2012
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2013
Selin
Selin rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Aug 04, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Definitely looking forward to the next book!
JJ Uy
JJ Uy rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2012
Laura rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2012
Joanna Truman
Joanna Truman rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2016
Jill
Jill rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2016
Izzy
Izzy rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Constance
Constance rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2012
Ask Laurianne Uy: * Polterguys Vol. 1! 1 3 Sep 18, 2012 01:49PM
Laur has been drawing comics since she could pick up a pencil and has had her works published in high school and college newspapers. She served as an award-winning contributor and as Arts & Graphic editor for Chabot College’s The Spectator.

Laur may have attended UC Berkeley as a History of Art major but cheated the system and wrote her honor’s thesis on manga and female representation as seen
More about Laurianne Uy...