Start by marking “Unspeakable (The Nature of Grace short story, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Unspeakable (The Nature of Grace short story, #1.5)
read book

Unspeakable (The Nature of Grace #1.5)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  227 ratings  ·  27 reviews
This short story is a companion to Untraceable and is 5,000 words.

When Mo sees a strange girl in the woods, he follows her. He soon realizes they are both in a dangerous position and may not get out alive.
Published May 20th 2012 by Coleman & Stott (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Unspeakable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unspeakable

Fickle Ghost
Rating: 3/5

As you can see by the 1.5 in the title, Unspeakable is a companion story to S.R. Johannes' first book, Untraceable. This a short story, but I still formatted my review the way I usually do (in a way that's quite extensive :p), because it's just easier for me to do it this way!

The Plot and General Story
Untraceable tells the story of 16-year-old Grace, a girl who has a knack for the wilderness and hiking. When her father, a forest ranger who taught her everything she knows about wildlif
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
This is a super short, short story from the point of Mo. It takes a few scenes (around 3) and reworks them for Mo and how he viewed them. While it was a nice little read that I finished a few minutes before I went to bed, it was almost too short for me...or maybe it was the lack of pivotal scenes. It is a good addition though, and you could read this first without it spoiling the first book as it remains rather vague on certain aspects.
Allison Kirk
Just based off the little bit in the short story, I reallllllly want to continue reading. The characters are witty and mysterious. (What ARE they doing in the woods!?) And it ends on a cliffhanger that has me hooked. Find the rest of my thoughts on this short story on my blog: http://mrscaptkirk51.blogspot.com/201....
Louisa
Oh, seeing those 2 scenes from Mo's perspective was really nice, especially with how everything ends up at the end of Untraceable!
Sheila
Unspeakable is a short story accompanying the author’s Nature of Grace series. Told from the point of view of the mysterious Mo, English and Australian overtones combine in a fascinating voice. “What the bloody hell was that?” wonders Mo as he wanders the isolated paths of the forest, where there should be no “blokes” but him. But “that” turns out to be a deer in need of help, which he expertly gives.

Soon an expert hiker is intrudes on Mo’s isolation and finds him more at home chatting to deer t
A Book Vacation
To see my full review:

This is very short, approximately 16 pages in length, but it's so worth the read. I LOVE getting the perspectives of other characters, and that's what Johannes provides as we learn what two scenes in the novel look like through Mo's eyes. It's very well written and leaves the reader hanging in a way that makes them want to read those scenes in Untraceable all over again. I actually think that this novellete should/could be read PRIOR to reading Untrac
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Probably the shortest novella I've ever read but that's OK. It did what it should do, tie one over until the next full length book is available. Plus, it gave the reader more of Mo so who really is going to complain? Certainly not me.

What S.R. Johannes did was take a few scenes from Untraceable and rework in to Mo's point of view. I really enjoyed seeing these scenes but through his eyes. The scene with the deer before his first time meeting Grace (though, he didn't know this was her name at the
Monica
As the narrator goes about daily life in the woods, he stumbles across a trapped baby deer. After freeing the deer, he finds and follows an unusual woman. These chance encounters cause his normal patterns to skew out of a normal cycle.

A crisp, vivid narrative quickly yet descriptively guide the reader through the actions of the forest adventures.

Characters are not fully developed, but this is a short story, so perhaps additional development is awaiting future adventures.

Overall, an interesting r
Fly To The Sky
This review appears on my blog, Read Books and Live Green

After reading Untraceable, I really needed something to tide me over until Uncontrollable. This extremely short story did just that. I love Mo and Grace so much and reading this scene from Mo's perspective was great. You would probably want to read Untraceable before you read this short story, but for fans of The Nature of Grace series this is a must read.
Deena
I liked seeing the two scenes from Mo's point of view.
Bobbi
Feb 01, 2014 Bobbi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Bobbi by: Author
This short story in the POV of Mo could have had a bit more to it but it was quite interesting to get to learn his POV of his and Grace's first encounter.
Helena
Immediately after reading "Untraceable" I downloaded this book. I was craving more Mo. I just wish there was more of him here! Although this was a very short interlude, it still gave me what I wanted. It's definitely worth the short amount of time it would take to read it once you've finished reading "Untraceable"
Dani
4.5/5 stars

Wonderful short story that takes several scenes from Untraceable and reworks them from Mo's point of view, reminding me just why I love that boy. Loved hearing his side of things and seeing Grace through his eyes.

It's a great teaser and intro to Untraceable!

Katiria
A really short novella from Mo pov and when he first saw Grace it was a great read to see and view in Mo pov in what he was thinking and feeling but I crave more of Mo but I can't wait to read Uncontrollable next!
Lenore Kosinski
I probably would have enjoyed this more if I had just recently read the first book....but in the end it was just kind of confusing. So yeah. Not as good as many of the male POV scenes from books I've read.
Lisa
Sherry
A VERY short story(?) from Mo's perspective. You follow Mo through a couple of scenes in Untraceable. A few more scenes would have been nice.
Donna Huber
Ever want to know what another character is thinking? S. R. Johannes gives readers a glimpse into Mo's thoughts. Full review soon.
Ashley Lovett anderson
This is Mo's side of the story to Untraceable .. Way to short they could have kept going with his side
Emma
A nice short... like the choice of scene that was told from another perspective.
Karrie
Way too short. I feel guilty for counting it as a book I've read this month, lol.
Linda Van roo
Tell me why were these 16 pages written............
Pointless POV.
Terri
just okay, has me interested in reading the series
Tracy

Way to short...but still loved it!
Krystalz2
I love this book! It's AMAZING!
Booknut
Mo's POV!!!! *fangirls*
Violet the Vanisher
Violet the Vanisher marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Momoffive
Momoffive marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
  • Mind Games (Mindjack Origins, #1)
  • Born of Fire (Channeler, #0.5)
  • Clan Lord: Science Fiction Adventure Short Stories (Life Sticks)
  • Memoirs of a Gothic Soul
  • The Unwanted
  • The Vampire Hunter's Daughter Collectors Edition (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, #1-3)
  • The League of Delphi (The Delphi Trilogy #1)
  • Big Book of Smut 2011
  • War Party
  • What I've Learned... So Far Part III: Banjos, Boats & Butt Dialing
  • Sunnyside Up with Red Ketchup
  • Mind Games (Cassie Scot #3)
  • The Toadhouse Trilogy (Book #1)
  • Betrayal (Lady Grace Mysteries, #2)
  • The Pocket Watch (The Trinity Saga, #1)
  • The Social Code (The Start-Up, #1)
  • Children of the Knight
  • Unnatural Law (Darwin's Children, #2)
When Shelli was younger, she spent all her time outdoors, hiking, camping and living the Girl Scout Way.

Somewhere along the way, she got away from nature and earned an MBA in Marketing, kicking off an 18-year marketing career in Corporate America.

Eventually, Shelli traded in her expensive suits, high heels, and corporate lingo for a family, flip-flops, and her love of writing. She started her own
More about S.R. Johannes...
Untraceable (Nature of Grace, #1) Uncontrollable (The Nature of Grace, #2) In His Eyes Anthology (Stories from a Cute Guy) Suffocate (The Breathless, #1) Unstoppable (The Nature of Grace #3)