Start by marking “Unspeakable (The Nature of Grace, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Unspeakable (The Nature of Grace, #1.5)

Read Book

Unspeakable (The Nature of Grace #1.5)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  265 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
This short story is a companion to Untraceable and is 5,000 words.

When Mo sees a strange girl in the woods, he follows her. He soon realizes they are both in a dangerous position and may not get out alive.
Published May 20th 2012 by Coleman & Stott (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Unspeakable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unspeakable

Fickle Ghost
Rating: 3/5

As you can see by the 1.5 in the title, Unspeakable is a companion story to S.R. Johannes' first book, Untraceable. This a short story, but I still formatted my review the way I usually do (in a way that's quite extensive :p), because it's just easier for me to do it this way!

The Plot and General Story
Untraceable tells the story of 16-year-old Grace, a girl who has a knack for the wilderness and hiking. When her father, a forest ranger who taught her everything she knows about wildlif
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
This is a super short, short story from the point of Mo. It takes a few scenes (around 3) and reworks them for Mo and how he viewed them. While it was a nice little read that I finished a few minutes before I went to bed, it was almost too short for me...or maybe it was the lack of pivotal scenes. It is a good addition though, and you could read this first without it spoiling the first book as it remains rather vague on certain aspects.
Allison Kirk
Jul 29, 2012 Allison Kirk rated it really liked it
Just based off the little bit in the short story, I reallllllly want to continue reading. The characters are witty and mysterious. (What ARE they doing in the woods!?) And it ends on a cliffhanger that has me hooked. Find the rest of my thoughts on this short story on my blog: http://mrscaptkirk51.blogspot.com/201....
Louisa
Jul 14, 2012 Louisa rated it it was amazing
Oh, seeing those 2 scenes from Mo's perspective was really nice, especially with how everything ends up at the end of Untraceable!
Sheila
Unspeakable is a short story accompanying the author’s Nature of Grace series. Told from the point of view of the mysterious Mo, English and Australian overtones combine in a fascinating voice. “What the bloody hell was that?” wonders Mo as he wanders the isolated paths of the forest, where there should be no “blokes” but him. But “that” turns out to be a deer in need of help, which he expertly gives.

Soon an expert hiker is intrudes on Mo’s isolation and finds him more at home chatting to deer t
A Book Vacation
Sep 22, 2013 A Book Vacation rated it really liked it
To see my full review:

This is very short, approximately 16 pages in length, but it's so worth the read. I LOVE getting the perspectives of other characters, and that's what Johannes provides as we learn what two scenes in the novel look like through Mo's eyes. It's very well written and leaves the reader hanging in a way that makes them want to read those scenes in Untraceable all over again. I actually think that this novellete should/could be read PRIOR to reading Untrac
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Oct 09, 2012 Jessica (Step Into Fiction) rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas, 4-stars
Probably the shortest novella I've ever read but that's OK. It did what it should do, tie one over until the next full length book is available. Plus, it gave the reader more of Mo so who really is going to complain? Certainly not me.

What S.R. Johannes did was take a few scenes from Untraceable and rework in to Mo's point of view. I really enjoyed seeing these scenes but through his eyes. The scene with the deer before his first time meeting Grace (though, he didn't know this was her name at the
Lbousson
Sep 27, 2015 Lbousson rated it really liked it
Book #1.5 The Nature of Grace

I've had this book a long time in my to-read pile. I wasn't even sure what it was. I guess it is a short, different POV from a different character in Untraceable. I have not read Untraceable. But if it is anything like what this book is like, I think I would like it. In this story, I never learn any of the character's names, the the girl is spunky and full of life, and I think I would really like reading and knowing more about her. It is a very quick, enjoyable read.
Kathy
Jan 24, 2015 Kathy rated it really liked it
This is a very short story that introduces two characters in the next book Untraceable.
Monica
Feb 19, 2014 Monica rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
As the narrator goes about daily life in the woods, he stumbles across a trapped baby deer. After freeing the deer, he finds and follows an unusual woman. These chance encounters cause his normal patterns to skew out of a normal cycle.

A crisp, vivid narrative quickly yet descriptively guide the reader through the actions of the forest adventures.

Characters are not fully developed, but this is a short story, so perhaps additional development is awaiting future adventures.

Overall, an interesting r
Fly To The Sky
This review appears on my blog, Read Books and Live Green

After reading Untraceable, I really needed something to tide me over until Uncontrollable. This extremely short story did just that. I love Mo and Grace so much and reading this scene from Mo's perspective was great. You would probably want to read Untraceable before you read this short story, but for fans of The Nature of Grace series this is a must read.
Deena
Jun 07, 2014 Deena rated it liked it
I liked seeing the two scenes from Mo's point of view.
Bobbi
Feb 01, 2014 Bobbi rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Bobbi by: Author
This short story in the POV of Mo could have had a bit more to it but it was quite interesting to get to learn his POV of his and Grace's first encounter.
Helena
Nov 15, 2012 Helena rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
Immediately after reading "Untraceable" I downloaded this book. I was craving more Mo. I just wish there was more of him here! Although this was a very short interlude, it still gave me what I wanted. It's definitely worth the short amount of time it would take to read it once you've finished reading "Untraceable"
Dani
Jul 13, 2012 Dani rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 stars

Wonderful short story that takes several scenes from Untraceable and reworks them from Mo's point of view, reminding me just why I love that boy. Loved hearing his side of things and seeing Grace through his eyes.

It's a great teaser and intro to Untraceable!

Katiria
Jun 30, 2013 Katiria rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites-books
A really short novella from Mo pov and when he first saw Grace it was a great read to see and view in Mo pov in what he was thinking and feeling but I crave more of Mo but I can't wait to read Uncontrollable next!
Lenore Kosinski
Dec 27, 2012 Lenore Kosinski rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I probably would have enjoyed this more if I had just recently read the first book....but in the end it was just kind of confusing. So yeah. Not as good as many of the male POV scenes from books I've read.
Lisa
Nov 29, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Sherry
A VERY short story(?) from Mo's perspective. You follow Mo through a couple of scenes in Untraceable. A few more scenes would have been nice.
Donna Huber
Feb 21, 2013 Donna Huber rated it really liked it
Shelves: mg-ya
Ever want to know what another character is thinking? S. R. Johannes gives readers a glimpse into Mo's thoughts. Full review soon.
Ashley Lovett anderson
This is Mo's side of the story to Untraceable .. Way to short they could have kept going with his side
Emma
Sep 12, 2012 Emma rated it really liked it
A nice short... like the choice of scene that was told from another perspective.
Karrie
Sep 28, 2013 Karrie rated it really liked it
Way too short. I feel guilty for counting it as a book I've read this month, lol.
Linda Van roo
Apr 28, 2013 Linda Van roo rated it did not like it
Tell me why were these 16 pages written............
Pointless POV.
Terri
Dec 15, 2013 Terri rated it liked it
just okay, has me interested in reading the series
Tracy
Sep 15, 2012 Tracy rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, read-in-2012

Way to short...but still loved it!
Krystalz2
May 27, 2013 Krystalz2 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It's AMAZING!
Dhezza Silverio
Can't wait for the next book. :)
Booknut
Jun 01, 2013 Booknut rated it it was amazing
Mo's POV!!!! *fangirls*
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
  • An Actor's Life - A Short Story
  • Compis (Five Tribes, #1)
  • Sunnyside Up with Red Ketchup
  • Clan Lord: Science Fiction Adventure Short Stories (Life Sticks)
  • Betrayal (Lady Grace Mysteries, #2)
  • Mind Games (Mindjack Origins, #1)
  • How to Break Up with an Alien (My Alien Romance, #2)
  • 13 on Halloween (Shadow, #1)
  • Luminaire (Florence Waverley, #2)
  • No Escape (PERSEF0NE, #0.5)
  • On Dark Shores: The Lady
  • The Next Big Thing (The Start-Up, #2)
  • Before (The Sensitives, #0.5)
  • Firefight in Darkness (Dryad Quartet #2)
  • The Mamacita Murders
  • Maxwell's Smile
  • Running Wide Open (Full Throttle, #1)
  • The Sun Zebra
When Shelli was younger, she spent all her time outdoors, hiking, camping and living the Girl Scout Way.

Somewhere along the way, she got away from nature and earned an MBA in Marketing, kicking off an 18-year marketing career in Corporate America.

Eventually, Shelli traded in her expensive suits, high heels, and corporate lingo for a family, flip-flops, and her love of writing. She started her own
More about S.R. Johannes...

The Nature of Grace (3 books)
  • Untraceable (Nature of Grace, #1)
  • Uncontrollable (The Nature of Grace, #2)
  • Unstoppable (The Nature of Grace #3)