Start by marking “Haunted Sanctuary (Green Pines, #1)” as Want to Read:
Haunted Sanctuary (Green Pines, #1)

Haunted Sanctuary (Green Pines #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  208 ratings  ·  36 reviews
The shadows of her past could destroy their future.

Green Pines, Book 1

Eden Green can’t remember a time she didn’t believe in monsters—her cousin was born one. Her family’s dark past casts a long shadow, making it hard to make friends and harder to commit to a lover. She lives a quiet life in small-town Clover, Tennessee, but she’s always waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Published January 22nd 2013 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Haunted Sanctuary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted Sanctuary

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

HAUNTED SANCTUARY is the first book in a new series by writing duo, Moira Rogers. Eden Green is a sweet librarian who gets caught in a maelstrom of dangerous chaos and lethal bites. When her cousin returns to town with his pack and trouble is swiftly coming their way, Eden is bitten in the process. As a newly turned wolf, she is working hard at keeping her wolf at bay and acclimating to her newly developed skills. Clover’s Chief of Police, Jay Ancheta is there to help h
Guilty Pleasures
KcLu's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

3.5 Stars

Haunted Sanctuary is a paranormal mix up. In this one you get a little of everything from good werewolves, bad werewolves, and a little witch craft on the side.

Eden Green knows that monsters exist, and although it isn’t her secret to keep she has all her life. She is quite happy with her quiet small town life, but she constantly is on her toes waiting for trouble.

Jay Ancheta likes being the sheriff of a small human town, and it fills
Sandy M
My drought of reading good werewolf stories is finally over. I’m so very glad Moira Rogers has returned to her alpha shapeshifters she writes so well and that I love so much. In this new series, surprises and action, as well as some sensual and intense romance, fill the pages to pull readers into a dangerous world where sanctuary means everything.

Eden has harbored a dark secret most of her life, keeping her family, especially her cousin Zack, safe. All of that is about to change. Zack is back an
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B-

This story starts with a bang. Eden heard that some trouble might be happening at an abandoned farm she inherited, so she and the chief of police, Jay, go there to check things out. What they find is Eden’s missing cousin, Zach and friends that he brought with him who are trying to escape a pack of men who like to intimidate, torture and kill. Eden is human, but growing up, she knew that Zach is a wolf and now she finds herself in the middl
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2013/01/review-...

Favorite Quote: “Family is complicated.“

Eden Green just wants to live in peace and quiet. Raised in a family surrounded by dark, deadly secrets, Eden knows for fact that the monsters we fear most do exist. This causes problems in both her professional and private life. She now resides in the sleepy little town of Clover, Tennessee, hoping and praying her family’s problems will remain buried where they belong.

Jay Ancheta is a strong alp
Michelle
My first read from Moira Rogers and it was a really enjoyable read. I’m a fan of paranormal romances and it’s been harder to find new, good, reads and so I’m excited about the new world that Ms. Rogers has developed. Eden has been living a quiet life as the town’s librarian but when police chief, Jay, approaches her about potential activity at her old family farm, Eden and Jay are thrust in to a werewolf war. Jay is a werewolf who has been living a solitary life in Clover but when Eden is bitten ...more
Paranormal Haven

Eden's cousin Zack is like a big brother to her. His departure from their small town hurt but with an abusive father and a shape shifting secret, Eden understood. Years later, Zack returns hoping to find safety for his beaten down pack from violent alphas. When his abusers follow him home, Eden is bitten and it's up to the town's sheriff to help her through the change. Although he's forced to keep his shifter identity a secret, Jay is happy with his life. He's had his eye on Eden for a
Brenda
I've missed Moira Rogers' wolves. I love all of their books, and buy them automatically on release day, but I have a soft spot for their Red Rock Pass stories. They were the first stories I read by the authors, and I came in late so I was able to buy them one after the other, and inhaled the stories. Since then, I've come to love all of their characters and stories with just as much enthusiasm.

Haunted Sanctuary can be read as a stand alone if you haven't read any of the authors' books, but I hi
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Eden Green is a librarian in the small town she grew up in. She mostly has kept to herself over the years to protect her family’s secrets. She is intelligent, stubborn, and very attractive.

Jay Ancheta is the local sheriff and a wolf shifter. He has long been attracted to Eden, but he has to keep his shifter side a secret from the local population, including Eden.

Eden is not unfamiliar with werewolves, as her cousin was born one, but Jay does not know this and is hiding his other nature. That is,
Ursula
OK, I have a confession. This was my first Moira Rogers book. I swear, I haven’t been hiding under a rock! I have heard of her, err them. I’ve just never had the occasion to read a book by Ms. Rogers. Wow, am I sorry I haven’t. This book was an intense introduction into Ms. Roger’s vision of werewolf shifters and witches. It was explosive from the very start and never stopped. I have found that I enjoy my paranormal books with a little (or a lot) of realistic violence. It started with a bang and ...more
Jessie Potts
What it's about: Haunted Sanctuary is the first book in a new series called Green Pines by Moira Rogers. Eden Green knows monsters are real. Her family has a dark past involving monsters, and her cousin is one. Jay Ancheta is too alpha to be a subordinate and can't abide corruption; the two are drawn to one another, neither fully trusting the other.

Why you should read it: The duo who are Moria Rogers always make great shifter books. Their alphas are hot and enjoy dominance in and out of the bedr
Jen (Red Hot Books)
I've never read Moira Rogers' Red Rock Pass books, but that didn't stop me from enjoying this first book in the spinoff series. It's set in the same world, but is very easy to jump into as a new reader. I was never confused or felt like I was missing anything, nor did it seem like we were getting any massive info dumps. The world-building is woven seamlessly into the story.

Jay is a lone wolf in the small town of Clover. That is, until Zack returns to his family's farm. Jay has no idea that anoth
Secretly Reading
Originally reviewed for The Book Vixen

In a Nutshell: Good werewolf romance with great secondary characters.

The Set Up: Eden’s family has secrets that still haunt her so when her battered cousin and his werewolf pack return home, she goes to the police chief for help. Jay has always been a lone wolf but he can’t deny the pull of the battered pack, or of the sexy Eden.

Why I Read this Book: I’ve read a lot of Moira Rogers’ paranormal romances and liked the erotic romances with good world building s
Mikaela
I loved Moira Rogers Red Rock Pass series, so when Moira Rogers offered ARCs for this one, I requested it on the spot. And I am glad I did.

This was a sizzling, yet heart wrenching paranormal romance, set in small rural town that felt believable. I enjoyed the nuances in small town life, which made it feel believable. One factor that I liked was the historic feel of the farm were the pack settled. There were also hint of other things,more darker events, through the book which was a touch that I a
E_bookpushers
Joint review with MinnChica originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/01/30/...

Publisher: Samhain
Publish Date: Out now
How we got this book: ARC from the author

Tired of the city packs
Ellie
I thought this was a solid start to a new series. There were a lot of positive things happening in this book:

The book had a very strong start. The action started right away and grabbed my interest. We were introduced to a good portion of the main characters within the first couple of chapters and the plot moved swiftly.

The world-building was done gradually and built on itself. (No info dump!) By the end of the book I had a pretty good feel for how the werewolf culture worked while leaving it o
Sophia
I am a big fan of shifter stories and series about shifters. I love trying new authors who write these stories just to be introduced to their take on a world full of paranormals. I found many aspects of this story fascinating and I found the plot a very good one.

This new series, based on references in the story and a scene with one crossover character, is a spin off to or parallel series to the Red Rock Pass series. I had not read the other, but had no problem reading this one.

This story begins
Stephanie Collins
Ok I have to admit this - I'M A MOIRA ROGERS/KIT ROCHA ADDICT AND I'M PROUD!!!

For any that know me this is not a surprise but for others it may be a bit of a shock. I adore Bree and Donna no matter what hat they are wearing and am looking forward to more from this series.

Jay is the local sheriff and an all-around good guy with a bit of a secret. He's a werewolf who happens to be an Alpha but without a pack to call his own. He's always had a crush on Eden but can't spill his secret nor does he th
Nicole
Joint review with E originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/01/30/...

E: I have been addicted to Moira Rogers ever since I discovered their writing. The first book I read happened to be one of their Red Rock Pass books. It opened my eyes to a fascinating world of shapeshifters, witches, and the occasional lumberjack vampire. Unfortunately that world was not all blissful shifting under the moon and pack bonding because not all Alphas and by extension their packs treasured their memb
Ni_kii
Reviewed http://scorchingbookreviews.blogspot....

This book was certainly a wild ride! It started with a bang and ended with more questions for me than it answered so I know that I have found yet another series that I have to continue with! With a dynamite mated couple in the lead roles, this is a very fast paced sexy novella that certainly entertains.

The action pretty much starts on the first page and, within a very small number of pages, Eden establishes her cousin is a werewolf, discovers that
Kelly
Falling back into the world of Moira Rogers' Sanctuary wolves with their pack dynamics and corrupt leaders and sexy shenanigans in and out of the bedroom was more fun than I could have imagined. This world is deadly to those who don't have the backing of a strong pack and the way some of these wolves have been brutalized by those in power is heartbreaking in the extreme.

Eden and Jay are thrown into the middle of all the craziness when Zack, Eden's cousin, arrives back in town. Things go from bad
Carin
Haunted Sanctuary is the first in the new series Green Pines by Moira Rogers, It ties in with one of the previous series Sanctuary but is separate and stand alone and can be read as such.

This is an excellent story and well worth putting on your re-read shelf. The world building and imagery are amazing and the character development and interaction is top notch. Jay is the perfect alpha and assists Eden with her being turned into a werewolf as well as taking over a pack all when he really didn't w
Darcy
When I started this one, I didn’t realize that it was a spinoff of the Red Rock series. I’ll make sure to check out that one. I couldn’t believe how sad this one was, so often I found my heart breaking for all of the characters. I like what Jay and Eden are setting up and I hope that they are successful, but I can see more heartbreak coming their way. It is a good thing that they are strong enough to handle it. I think that with time, the rest of them at the farm will be able to do just as much ...more
Linda
Eden finds her normal, boring life shaken to the core when her cousin returns to the homestead, her life changed in a way she never thought was possible and to top it off, her crush since childhood becomes a vital part of her new life. Clovers Chief of Police Jay can´t resist when Eden needs his help, and when they both take on the responsibility of a new pack and a Sanctuary at the same time.
Shifters, action, fights and smutty fluff and i can´t wait to see what´s in store for Zack and Kailey.
Rhonda
Moira Rogers has written several paranormal romance series. I’ve read quite a few of them and love her work. When I read the blurb for Haunted Sanctuary, I got very excited and grabbed it. I have two books that I’m supposed to be reading for a review, but they were both going too slow for me, so I switched to this book and didn’t have that problem at all. Moira Rogers knows how to develop characters and does it very well. She does the same with worlds. For my full review: http://wp.me/p3a6Qw-6f
Jamie (Alphas Authors Books Oh My)
Ok I am not sure how to rate this book. The first half really didn't catch my attention which is really unusual for a Moira Rogers book but I was invested in the characters by the end of the book. I am not sure if this book was for me but I do really want to learn more about some of the other alphas in the pack. So for that reason I am going to give it 4 stars because the world building is great as usual but I just don't think H&H did it for me this round.
L.n. W.
I really enjoy reading Moira Rogers - there are so many twists and turns in their writing. Haunted Sanctuary was pretty good. I wasn't overwhelmed by the story but it was nice that the main characters didn't do that whole dance around each other that some writers make their characters do. I did feel as if the female character came to grips with being turned a little too easily - but that's just me.

All in all, a good read from Moira Rogers.
Sharon
I got to read a very early copy of this book and didn't want to put it down while I was reading it. Moira Rogers writes my brand of reading crack. This book will probably be reread many times -- probably as many times as Crux and Crossroads get reread.

I love the hero, heroine and the story, and I'm looking forward to book 2 in this series.
Lisa
3.5 stars. Enjoyable read. I would have liked a bit more backstory of Jay and Eden. I felt like I was dropped into the story all ready in progress in the beginning.
  • Diamond Dust (Takhini Wolves, #3)
  • Beneath the Skin (de La Vega Cats, #3)
  • Fire & Frost (Iron Seas, #3.4; Code of Shadows, #0.5; Midnight Liaisons #2.3)
  • Just What He Wanted (Holloway, #4)
  • Blood in the Valley (Vigilati, #2)
  • Play With Me (Bedroom Games, #1)
  • Unexpected (Silver Creek #1)
  • Hidden Passions (Hidden, #7)
  • Gray Bishop (Cornerstone Run Trilogy, #2)
  • Keeper of the Flame (Dragon Knights #7)
  • Blood Vow (Blood Moon Rising Trilogy, #3)
  • The Wicked (Elder Races, #5.5)
  • Avenging Angel (The Fallen, #4)
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
How do you make a Moira Rogers? Take a former forensic science and nursing student obsessed with paranormal romance and add a computer programmer with a passion for gritty urban fantasy. Toss in a dash of whimsy and a lot of caffeine, and enjoy with a side of chocolate by the light of the full moon.

By day, Bree and Donna are mild-mannered ladies who reside in the Deep South. At night, when their h
More about Moira Rogers...
Crux (Southern Arcana, #1) Kamikaze (Last Call, #1) Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass, #1) Crossroads (Southern Arcana, #2) Wild Card (Down & Dirty, #1)