Start by marking “Named and Shamed” as Want to Read:
Named and Shamed

Named and Shamed

Once upon a time, a naughty girl called Tansy stole a very precious manuscript from a kindly antiquarian. But all of the world’s ancient and powerful magic, lost for centuries, has returned...and now there is much more at stake than a few sheets of parchment.

Thus begins a rude and rugged fairy tale, the likes of which you NEVER read when you were little! Poor Tansy is led
Published May 18th 2012 by Sweetmeats Press (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Named and Shamed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Named and Shamed

Jennifer Glick
Mar 19, 2013 Jennifer Glick rated it really liked it
Faries, monsters, witches, roan trees, exhibitionism, dungeons (both the prisnon and bdsm kind), otherworldly bodily fluids and really hot paganism; what the hell more could you want? Oh yeah, illustrations. This is perfect for all the nerdy fantasy pervs in your life and the writing's quite nice too.
Miss Lily Hastings
Well Holy Fuck......!

If you are looking for a book to completely saturate your smutty mind then can I suggest that you look no further. WARNING>>> If you are looking for a lovely cosy romance though, this probably isn't your bag, at all! Looking for an incredible BDSM buster... then this is certainly the novel for you!

Named and Shamed by Janine Ashbless is marketed as "A dark and dirty illustrated erotic fairy tale" and my God, is it pure filth..... and I LOVED IT!

Once upon a time, a na
Cara Sutra
Sep 03, 2012 Cara Sutra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Warning: This is the hottest book you will read this year.

Seriously. I am still in shock.

A colourful blend of the worlds of fantasy, myth, folklore and a dash of reality, Janine Ashbless uses all the powers of her astonishing imagination to bring you the most debauched tale of sorcery and depravity you're ever likely to read.

I really didn't have any clue what I was in for when the lovely people at Sweetmeats Press sent me Named and Shamed to read and review. Yes ok, the cover states Warning! Exx
Midnite
Jan 10, 2014 Midnite rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fantasy erotica fans
Recommended to Midnite by: Sweetmeat press
I was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy of Named and Shamed which I was so looking forward to reading as this was my first footsteps into the world of fantasy erotica and I wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't know how fairies and goblins were going to work with an erotic book; can it really be done and made believable and most of all can it really be sexy? Plus It is also my first book I have read from Janine...but oh my what an incredible read.
I'm a complete convert for erotic fantasy no
Sommer Marsden
Jul 22, 2012 Sommer Marsden rated it really liked it
4.5 review to come...
Annabeth Leong
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.5

*Book source ~ Many thanks to Sweetmeats Press for providing a review copy in exchange for an honest review.

Tansy has a degree in anthropology, Comparative Folklore to be precise. It’s probably one of the worst degrees you can get when it comes to job availability, but lucky for Tansy the fairy folk, or Them There as it’s better to call them, came back from wherever they had disappeared to and Tansy suddenly had a hush hush job with the government and money to live on. It’s on a job for the H
Mj
Dec 24, 2012 Mj rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
This starts out as a great book, and it's very enjoyable to read an erotic book that has been well researched and doesn't adopt a clichéd context.

I loved this book and it was looking good for a five-star review until the last few chapters. However, towards the end there were two things that took the gloss off for me. The first was (view spoiler)
Tilly Hunter
Sep 29, 2012 Tilly Hunter rated it it was amazing
A no-holds-barred descent into the most filthy and degrading sexual acts imaginable, with each fresh round of shame for the heroine soon being trumped by something even more debased. Fantastic!

I’m always impressed when an author can take a classic text and subvert it for the purposes of filth. Ashbless starts off with Christina Rossetti’s Goblin Market, positing a lost version which is a lot less prudish and cautionary. The tasting of the goblins’ forbidden fruits becomes a parallel to Tansy’s f
Steff
Oct 28, 2014 Steff rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brit-babes
A picture book for naughty adults. This story is fantastic with the cross between reality and fantasy it really keeps you guessing what may happen next. The illustrations that accompanied the amazing story were so amazingly detailed and really bring your imagination to life. After I raved about the book my boyfriend decided to read it as well and he loved it even though it was a bit weird (his words)
Jo Wolf
Jun 02, 2016 Jo Wolf rated it really liked it
Shelves: kinky-reads
The euphemisms used in this book weren't always my thing, but this book has some really powerful scenes, and those made more than up for it. Kink factor is rather high.
Rachel
Rachel rated it did not like it
Sep 04, 2012
Roxy Nakamura
Roxy Nakamura rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2013
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2015
Jim Lyon
Jim Lyon rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Veritas
Veritas rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2014
Chantel
Chantel rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2013
Ashley Lister
Ashley Lister rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2013
Kirsty Green
Kirsty Green rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2013
Abby Webber
Abby Webber rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2013
Antoinette
Antoinette rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Abi
Abi rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2014
Grace Wilcox
Grace Wilcox rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2012
Jacqueline Brocker
Jacqueline Brocker rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2014
M.C.
M.C. rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2013
Emlar
Emlar rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
Sweetmeats
Sweetmeats rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2014
Julia
Julia rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2014
Mayra
Mayra marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2012
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2012
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2012
Brenda Cooley
Brenda Cooley marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2012
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2013
Terri Pray
Terri Pray marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Carol (Mocha)
Carol (Mocha) marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2013
Lyndac
Lyndac marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Tanya Marie
Tanya Marie marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2013
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2013
Lucretia Darling
Lucretia Darling is currently reading it
Nov 18, 2013
Tadiwanashe Burukai
Tadiwanashe Burukai marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Tikitikiman
Tikitikiman marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Janine Ashbless is a British author of erotica and hot romantic adventure. Janine likes best to write paranormal- and dark-fantasy-themed fiction and has a lifelong interest in mythology, folklore and history.
More about Janine Ashbless...