Start by marking “Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)

Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  28,885 Ratings  ·  4,182 Reviews
She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her
Published October 5th 2012 by MIRA INK (first published September 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Alice in Zombieland, please sign up.

Mercedes I would be considered a young adult, due to my age, and no I did not find it one bit 'erotic.' To me it was and absolute page turner though, and I…moreI would be considered a young adult, due to my age, and no I did not find it one bit 'erotic.' To me it was and absolute page turner though, and I could not put it down. (less)
Lost Boy Somewhat. Between 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) on the romance scale I say a 8

Kat Kennedy
Whether or not you enjoy this book depends on what you were expecting to begin with. No Really. Look at that cover, reread the synopsis and decide right now what you’re hoping from this book. Is it:

a) A dark, twisted retelling of Alice in Wonderland with zombie creatures?

b) A high school melodrama about ghost/zombies with no real Alice in Wonderland connection.

If you thought B then good for you. Read this book. If you thought A then back the hell off now. This is not the book for you and you wil
shady boots
As you can see this is another DNF review, because I can only take so much torture, and reading this was overkill. I made it about 120-something pages, and then I reached my breaking point.

What I Oh So Desperately Wanted: An awesome, zombiefied Alice in Wonderland retelling with lots of action.

What I Got: Crappy, unoriginal, stereotypical teen melodrama.

So we have Alice, a girl who's dad is claimed to be psycho cause he sees these "monsters". And then her whole family gets killed in a car crash
Giselle
Dec 04, 2013 Giselle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, own, zombies, paranormal
OFF WITH HER HEAD!!

Alice in Wonderland with zombies? Not so much. Creative zombie ghosts lore (… you heard me. Zombie. Ghosts) with great humor and charming characters? Definitely!

Despite the title, Alice in Zombieland really has nothing much to do with Alice in Wonderland. There may be some scattered references, but it's really a unique story all on its own. While some may be disappointed, I wasn't terribly familiar with the specifics of the classic tale, so I found myself having a lot of fun
Laura Marcela ✎・:*:・
description

Alice in Zombieland tells the story of Alice, who goes by Ali, and her life ends up being a non-stop zombie hunt. Alice is a sixteen years old girl, pretty ordinary, except that she's not. She has a pretty regular mother, an absolutely funny and charming little sister and a "crazy" father. She's always lived with her father rules:
Never go out at night.
Never to venture into a cemetery.
And never, under any circumstances, to trust someone who wants you to do either.

But we all have our time and af
Navdha
Does the title Alice in Zombieland along with the intriguing synopsis and lovely cover has you convinced that you have to read this book?

No? Never mind.

But if your answer is ‘Yes’, then you need to ask yourself this:

Are you expecting to find a gory, engrossing, retelling of Alice in Wonderland with zombie goodness putridness?

No? Okay.
So far so good.

Are you prepared to go through the same overused insta-lust bullshit between the main characters with hardly any explanations or focus on the plot
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
4 COLE STARS <333

I think everybody knows Alice in Wonderland..but did you know that there is also another Alice?? With Zombies...Yes yes you heard me...there are zombies in this book...like many of them!!!But these zombies weren't what I expected and the concept was different because the hunters had to fight leaving their bodies aside and using the spirit!!It was interesting and very unique!!

description

Alice moves in with her grandparents after her parent's and sister's death.She tries to accept her ne
I was obviously expecting too much from this book, because boy was I disappointed.

Alice was an okay character, I felt sorry for her because of the way she lost her whole family, and the way she blamed herself for it. It must have been really hard for her to find herself so alone, and to have to deal with the knowledge that the monsters her father raved about were actually real!

The storyline in this revolved around Alice learning to fight zombies, and it got old real quick. I got bored. I felt li
Kaylee Magic
Sep 09, 2012 Kaylee Magic rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Sweet Jesus, Ali is not your typical sit-back-and-take-it heroine -- she's wild for a girl who looks like a doll, and I SERIOUSLY LOVE THAT. Go kick some invisible zombie butt, Ali! (:

-----

Alice in Zombieland is, quite frankly, not what I was expecting. It's BETTER. It ROCKS. It totally KICKED ASS, which I guess should've been expected of a Gena Showalter book incorporating zombies into my favourite childhood story. I always used to want to go to Wonderland be
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I’m sure you’ve heard this before, but Alice in Zombieland has very little to do with Lewis Carroll’s classic. In fact, aside from the title itself and the white rabbit-shaped cloud that warns our Ali of danger, there’s nothing connecting the two. As someone who stays as far away from retellings as possible, I was overjoyed when I discovered this, but if you go into this expecting a new version of that story, you might find yourself disappointed.

Alice in Zombieland is, above all, a fun little bo
Katy
Sep 30, 2012 Katy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My Goodread friends have either really, really liked this book or really, really hated it. Now, I know why, and I have so many things to say about it - and not good ones.

First of all, I thought this book was going to be a parody of Alice in Wonderland or have some kind of parallelism or allusion to it, but the only things that lined up were a character named Alice and the mention of a white rabbit - in this book, it was the stupid clouds. So yeah, not much correlation to Alice in Wonderland.

Mizuki
Reading Progress:

This is how I reacted to this book:

(Link: http://sammo6661deth.deviantart.com/a...)

Actually review here:

Note: I read the translated version of this book.

There is one word I think is the most suitable for this supposed Alice in Wonderland retelling, and this word is ridiculous.

(1) Calling this book an Alice-retelling is equated to lying. All of the Alice-references are so poorly done and senseless (a bunch of teenagers throwing a regular beer-and-disco-music party is equated to t
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
“Let’s see what I can do to change that, shall we? We’re going on a little adventure, you and I. When I give an order, you’ll obey it. There will be no asking politely, no matter how much you bat your lashes at me.”

Where do I start with Alice in Zombieland....well, to be honest zombies are really not my thing AT ALL! I've read several zombie books and just cant see what all the hype is about - they just don't do anything for me, but because of all the awesome reviews on this book, I wa
Sarah (saz101)
Alice in Zombieland. The name alone screams Burtonesque-Resident Evil promise. Yet readers approaching Gena Showalter’s latest Young Adult offering with such hopes will find themselves disappointed. Instead, Alice in Zombieland will appeal to fans of the likes of Twilight and Vampire Diaries, those desperate for unrequited romance, dark teen angst and dangerous secrets. Leave your expectations at the door, and climb down the rabbit hole...

The Story:
Alice’s father’s always been nuts. He sees mons
Ash Reads
Dec 31, 2015 Ash Reads rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so fun!!!!
“Never forget that evil is evil. You cannot change it. You cannot lead it to the light. But, if you let it, evil can lead you to the darkness.”

I loved this book, surprisingly. I was really hesitant and I had actually decided to not read it some time ago, but back in August I noticed my BFF Lauren wanted to read it and I thought it would be fun to read together...WELL, we finally got to it, and I enjoyed it immensely!

The last "Alice and Wonderland" retelling I read was.
Rowan
Jan 19, 2016 Rowan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review also posted on Rowan Reads and Raves .

So this book starts off with Ali, a not-so-normal teenage girl begging her mom to let them go to her little sisters dance recital. Which doesn’t seem like such a huge thing to ask, especially when it’s on her birthday that they forgot again. Except, it is a big deal when your dad refuses to let you go out after dark, because he is beyond terrified that the monsters are going to get them. Yeah, her dad has a few paranoia issues. But in the end, she con
Brianna
Jan 10, 2015 Brianna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THAT. WAS. AMAZING! *grabby hands* I NEED the 2nd book in my hands. now.
Cody
WE’RE NOT IN WONDERLAND ANYMORE..

description

Seriously we’re not, if you’re looking for an Alice in Wonderland retelling this is not it! I’m obsessed with anything and everything Alice and the only reason for reading this book was the: ‘Alice in Zombieland’, ‘White Rabbit Chronicles’ and ‘Off with their Heads’ description the cover. All these signs clearly point to a retelling but this isn’t the case, don’t be misled. If you are looking for an Alice retelling I highly recommend A.G. Howard’s Splintered se
Jessie Potts
When I first saw this cover I thought it was going to be a retelling of Alice in Wonderland with Zombies instead of villains... dang I was wrong. Showalter just used Alice Bell's Name and cute things from the wonderland books like 'curiouser and curiouser' otherwise it was a completely new and very action packed start to a brilliant series that I can't wait to dig into.

Alice's dad is crazy, certifiable. He claims there are monsters no one else can see and won't let the family go out after dark.
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Originally posted on A Reader of Fictions.

As soon as I heard about this book, I super wanted to get my hands on it. Zombie retelling of Alice in Wonderland? Umm, yes, please! How could that possibly go wrong? Well, it turns out, it could go wrong in a number of ways. Alice in Zombieland has a certain appeal, but not the one that I suspect most readers will be expecting when they crack its spine.

The very first thing you need to know about Alice in Zombieland: it has nothing whatsoever to do with
Alicia O'Carrick

DNF 23%

Hell. I don't even like Alice In Wonderland. But this, this is worse.

I want to finish this like you wouldn't believe. Maybe I don't like AIW, but damned if I don't love a retelling. Especially one that's dark. With zombies.

I tried to bully myself further. I have this feeling like it would get better in the middle. But every time I crack it open, I wimp out.

Seriously. What is this shit?

"Do we really need to have another discussion?" I asked on a sigh. I'd only been smart-alecking--yeah, I
Aly∞
Sep 26, 2014 Aly∞ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF at page 40.

I can't get over the character's narrative, the awkward descriptions and the forced interactions. Everything is just so blah. It has that tired, strained writing that makes it difficult to read because it keeps pulling you out of the story and whacking you over the head with it's stupidity.

I've heard many good things about Gena Showalter and her urban fantasy series so I was looking forward to reading an Alice in Wonderland re-telling... with zombies.

Okay, so if you didn't know th
Jasprit
Oct 22, 2012 Jasprit rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jasprit by: Sam
I think I may be in the minority of reviewers who didn’t enjoy Alice in Zombieland. With a stunning cover and alluring premise what’s not to love? I think when I read the word zombie; I should have taken that as a sign as I haven’t had much luck with zombie books except for one. But I went in with the hopes that it would provide something different and different it certainly did.

The beginning of the book I had no problems with, I found myself thrown into the mix from the get go, with several que
Caisee
That was not what I was expecting. I thought this was gonna be an awesome, kickass zombie version of Alice in Wonderland, but what I got was a lame, unexciting romance, high school tragedy of a story about a girl that lost her family in a car crash, and now she's "hallucinating" about things that go bump in the night, a boy band of zombie killers and some crap about spirits?? »ू(ˑ•ꇵ•)ू?
That's all I've gleaned from the pages I crawled trough. And I think I'm in the minority when I say I hated th
Wendy Higgins
LOOOOOOOOOVED IT!!!
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Natasha
Nov 02, 2015 Natasha rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can't finish this. I can't. But I can rate it. Freedom of rating and all that jazz.

In my humble opinion, Gena shouldn't write YA. There are tons of other, better reviews stating why this book was a total flop, and this will basically be a reiteration.

I'm too old for this book. Which is odd because I have the mentality of an eight year old. But this is so stupid. I can't begin to tell you how stupid this book is. It's all the overused YA tropes rolled into one.

How do books like this get such go
Scarlet Cameo
Aug 27, 2015 Scarlet Cameo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Pasen, pasen todos a ver una nueva versión de libros de adolescentes de fantasía en la cual no encontrarás cosas nuevas!!!

Sí extrañabas algo de la siguiente lista, este libro es para ti:

Querías ver a una adolescente insegura, que se siente culpable y poco atractiva (aunque toodos creen que es sexy), que repentinamente tiene que mudarse con un familiar al que casi no conoce. (view spoiler)La te
Violante
Primer libro del año, y lamentablemente fue una decepción. No sé, tenía muchas ganas de leer este libro, pero se me hizo muy lento y ridículo. Me obligué a terminarlo sólo porque era parte de una lectura conjunta.

Esperaba un retelling de Alicia en el país de las maravillas; un mundo siniestro, personajes fuertes y muchas aventuras, no ésto. Un drama adolescente, que lo único que tiene de retelling es el nombre de la protagonista. Y paremos de contar. Y para sumar, tenemos un desarrollo lentísimo
Michael
Based on the first chapter, I should have enjoyed Gena Showalter's Alice in Zombieland a lot more than I did.

Alice Bell's father is a bit of the peculiar side. He won't let his family venture out of the house after dark, he won't drive by the cemetery and he's convinced that he can see evil forces that no one else can. For her younger sister's birthday, Alice convinces her father to bend the rules and attend the younger sister's dance recital. Leaving quickly after the recital is over, the fami
  • Dearly, Beloved (Gone With the Respiration, #2)
  • Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries, #1)
  • Taking on the Dead (The Famished Trilogy, #1)
  • Velveteen
  • Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1)
  • Zombies Don't Cry (Living Dead Love Story, #1)
  • Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1)
  • Valkyrie Rising (Valkyrie, #1)
  • Solstice: A Novel of the Zombie Apocalypse
  • Dust & Decay (Rot & Ruin, #2)
  • Dark Star (Dark Star, #1)
  • Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3)
  • Undead (Undead, #1)
  • The Last Bastion of the Living
  • Auracle
  • Carnival of Secrets (Untamed City, #1)
  • Hemlock (Hemlock, #1)
  • Death and the Girl Next Door (Darklight #1)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter...

White Rabbit Chronicles (4 books)
  • Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles, #2)
  • The Queen of Zombie Hearts (White Rabbit Chronicles, #3)
  • A Mad Zombie Party (White Rabbit Chronicles, #4)

“Don't look now, but that's my ex over there."
Surely I'm not the only one who takes "don't look now" as "there's no better time than now." I looked.
"Bad, Ali!" Another slap to my arm. "Bad, bad, bad Ali! Have you no self control?”
206 likes
“He ignored me, thank God, saying to Kat, "Let go of Frosty's leash. You're choking the life out of him."
Kat's eyes narrowed to tiny slits, a sure sign of her aggression. "He deserves to choke. He didn't keep little frosty in his pants this summer." the words snapped like a whip.
"He did." Cole snapped back with unwavering confidence.
"Not."
"Did."
"Not!"
"Did,"
"Not, not, not!" she shouted with a stomp of her foot.
"What are we five?" Cole said.
"Six.”