Start by marking “Loathing Leo” as Want to Read:
Loathing Leo

Loathing Leo

2.67 of 5 stars 2.67  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Loathing Leo is pure hell. Loving him takes so very little effort, but how can Sam love a man who belongs to someone else?

Following yet another drunken night on the tiles, Sam wakes to the knowledge he’s finally hit rock bottom. He’s lost his dead—end job, his dead—end lover, and the respect of his straight best friend Michael after making a shameful pass at him the night
Published September 17th 2012 by Total E-Bound (first published August 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Loathing Leo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loathing Leo

Macky ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
I am a massive fan of Ash Penn and have all her books, each one a 5 * rating and IMO one of the best m/m authors around at the moment. Her style of writing and humour really appeals so anything she publishes will always be an automatic buy.Like all her books ' Loathing Leo ' grabs hold of you from the word go and again manages to pull you into her characters story almost as an observer not a reader. Her stories always run a gamut of emotions and are full of complex characters who generally buck ...more
Deeze
A nice story if you are in the mood for a wronged guy with a touch of evil Ex and a closet case scenario.

The MC are likeable most of the time, although there are hints at a D/s relationship.

I really liked this one, even if it was predictable and at times felt like my old M/F reads.
jules0623
Danni
I honestly cannot express how much I loved this book. I read it pretty much straight through, taking just a break to go to work (damn day job!)

Admittedly it's maybe a little different from 'traditional M/M' - Ash Penn writes about 'real' people who hurt each other and some of the time are pretty shitty human beings, but that's what makes it so interesting IMO. Excellent writing and characterisation, and Sam is as cute as a button.

Loathing Leo is going straight onto my 6 star flipping fantastics
I loathed Leo. He creeped me out and as a result I couldn't finish the book. He came across as controlling and abusive. Did not finish.
Bridie-No excuses. No apologies. No Regrets Jones
Ash Penn's books are strange for me, i can't ever decide if i love them or dislike them immensly.

The thing i love about the books are her characters, they are so wonderfully flawed and genuine that you can't help but admire her actual writing within itself.

But when it comes to the actual stories and the way some of the characters treat each other......eh, it's a fucking tough one.

I also love them because they are set in England and i feel some kind of loyalty towards the books for that reason.

I
ReviewerLarissa
Well this was disappointing. The first half was pretty much okay and I liked it. I liked the angle of betrayal and them having to work for it. It had a lot of promise and I started to really like Sam.

However, Leo was - probably/maybe - unintentionally portrayed as an abusive, domineering ass and at the end nothing was really resolved to any degree of satisfaction. It's a HFN, also probably unintentionally.

It might just be me, but Sam's grounds for caution were justified. In the end Leo was stil
Rachel
Just bad. But not so bad it's good.
Riayl
The title really says it all. Leo is not a nice man. Leo isn't dominating. Leo is abusive. I'm guessing he was meant to be written as a strong, steady, dominant man - an anchor for Sam. And he was, but more in the "we tied an anchor to your legs and tossed you into the ocean, whoo-ee it's a long ways to the bottom, huh?" *blub blub* kind of way.

Also, a trigger warning would have been nice, luckily I had read other reviews (why didn't I heed them?), so was prepared, but still...
Jen
I am, again, at a total loss as to how to rate a book by this author. I also thought Leo was a bit abusive but there is a fine line between abusive and dominant sometimes. And, real people come in all flavors. I didn't get the feeling that this relationship would work in the end. It definitely isn't one of those happy feeling kind of stories. Unique, though, which is definitely appealing because I've read so many cookie cutter romances.
Georgine
This story only gets 2 stars because Sam touched my heart strings a bit. What he saw in Leo...God only knows! Leo's a total ass.
Ryoma Gartre
Sep 25, 2012 Ryoma Gartre marked it as not-going-to-read
From the blurb and the only review here this book sounds so not my style.
Enny
The constant hot and cold drove me crazy.
Bogusia
3.5 stars I really enjoyed this book :)
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
3 Hearts

Review to follow
Dre
Dre marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Armi
Armi added it
Dec 13, 2014
Teazia Cockburn
Teazia Cockburn marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Sofía
Sofía marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Mirian
Mirian marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 09, 2014
Christine Jones
Christine Jones marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013