Start by marking “Cousin Felicity and the Eels of Misty Point (The Misty Point Adventures)” as Want to Read:
Cousin Felicity and the Eels of Misty Point (The Misty Point Adventures)

Cousin Felicity and the Eels of Misty Point (The Misty Point Adventures)

4.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  18 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
When Cousin Felicity hobbles and wobbles her way into the lives of Daniel and Sophie on Misty Point farm, all manner of dark mischief and mayhem ensues.....

The day after Felicity's arrival, tragedy strikes the farm. Feathery friends lie dead and a killer is unaccounted for.....
Who can save the family and the farm? Brainy Daniel? Stroppy Sophie? Pouty Felicity? Slobbery Luc
117 pages
Published June 28th 2012 by Misty Point Productions

To ask other readers questions about Cousin Felicity and the Eels of Misty Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cousin Felicity and the Eels of Misty Point

Laura Besley
Aug 07, 2012 Laura Besley rated it it was amazing
This book is delightful and a real page-turner! There are many twists and turns in the tale and I didn't see them coming, which obviously added to the enjoyment of the book.

The illustrations are wonderful and really add to the overall pleasure of this book aimed primarily at youngsters, but can certainly be enjoyed by older readers too!
Laurie Cameron
Aug 01, 2012 Laurie Cameron rated it it was amazing
When young cousin Felicity, a perfectly coiffed and manicured city sophisticate, comes to Misty Point farm, home to Daniel and his sister Sophie, for a visit, strange things start to happen, beginning with the sudden death one night of all the chooks (aka chickens). Meanwhile, a hitchhiker named Patrick shows up on their doorstep and, in true rural Kiwi style, is welcomed straight into the bosom of the family. Felicity is all agog over this jovial newcomer and falls all over herself trying to ga ...more
Zips Vogensen
Aug 22, 2012 Zips Vogensen rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this rural adventure story set in New Zealand. At the same time that it felt so local, it also brought back childhood memories of running wild on my grandparents farm in Brazil. There were so many adventures to be had without TVs and c0mputers. I passed the book on to my teenage daughters and am curious to see what urban European teenagers think of this kiwi (yet universal) story.
Paige Daniels
Aug 26, 2012 Paige Daniels rated it really liked it
This book reminds me of summers I used to spend with my cousins at my grandma's country home. There are adventures and important life lessons learned for the characters in this book. The kids learn that everything and everyone aren't the way they may seem. I recommend this book for ages 9 and older. Some of the New Zealand terms for the younger set might be confusing, but he adds a glossary in there to help out.
Mygsasha
Apr 28, 2013 Mygsasha rated it really liked it
I remember when I was a child and I spent my time with my cousin.
It was wonderful. It would be great if we could do that again. This book tells us adventures and the problems they have.
Fears and hopes we all have at that age.
I recommend this book for children and people like me who want to improve my English.
Tammy Robinson
Feb 04, 2013 Tammy Robinson rated it it was amazing
A delicious slice of childhood in New Zealand. This author does a great job of making the reader nostalgic for their childhood and the imagination children have. Funny and full of adventure!
Mandolin
Jan 04, 2013 Mandolin rated it liked it
Daniel and Sophie's only memory of their cousin Felicity is of a little girl who sat under a table, wailing at the top of her lungs, in the middle of a family wedding. That little girl bears very little resemblance to the blonde, nose-pierced and perfectly made up young woman who steps off the bus from north Auckland and back into their lives. With a sneer at their bumpkin ways and total contempt for their small farm in Misty Point, Felicity makes it clear that she sees the visit as punishment a ...more
Kaal Kaczmarek
Jul 11, 2012 Kaal Kaczmarek rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It's fantabulous! (but then I would say that)

Here's a review from Amazon:

I first came across this book on a critiquing website and although I don't usually read kids books I found it really funny. The book conjured up fond memories of a New Zealand childhood - when summer seemed to go on forever and it never seemed to rain, when kids were able to play outdoors and have adventures; when parents didn't feel the need to over parent and children weren't wasting their childhood playing endless comput
Chris
May 26, 2015 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
A children's adventure book in the style of Enid Blyton or Roald Dahl-lite, this is a tale of country New Zealand siblings and their urban cousin Felicity being drawn into a mild mystery surrounding their farm.

Occasionally funny, poignant and intriguing, this is a great story for children and adults alike, if in need of a little editing.

*I received a free copy from the author in exchange for my honest review.

Bart
Bart marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Isabel Alexander
Isabel Alexander marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Wordsl Dreamsl
Wordsl Dreamsl marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Ciska
Ciska added it
Aug 20, 2015
Thomas
Thomas rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2015
Holly King
Holly King rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2015
Terry
Terry marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Renee (Larimel)
Renee (Larimel) marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Frances White
Frances White rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2014
Leelawattie Persaud
Leelawattie Persaud rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2014
Chris Meads
Chris Meads marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Kelly Crowe
Kelly Crowe marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Liz Merritt
Liz Merritt marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Aleena Moore
Aleena Moore marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
DIANA MEJIA
DIANA MEJIA rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2014
Amanda Hazzard
Amanda Hazzard marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Megan Nelson
Megan Nelson marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Book Loving Kiwis: Cousin Felicity and the Eels of Misty Point 4 9 Apr 06, 2013 03:18PM
A New Zealander with North Eastern European heritage. Just discovered that his genetic roots date back to reindeer herders in Finland. Once hiked 280km through the Himalayas of Nepal. Now hiking his way through mountains of pastries in Paris. Works in education for the British Council. His late gran was a very popular (and politically incorrect) children's book writer and poet in New Zealand. Hope ...more
More about Kaal Kaczmarek...

“It was the first time her eyes had really met mine and to be honest I think there was more warmth between the lamb chops in the freezer." Daniel meeting Felicity in Cousin Felicity and the Eels of Misty Point.” 1 likes
“Sensing that this stranger was not the dangerous kind, and being the caring, big-hearted dog that he had built his reputation on, Lucky decided that a good dose of tongue licking would put matters right. However, in a twist of bad timing, unluckily for Lucky, he landed his lick just as Felicity rolled over onto her back. So, instead of a friendly lick across the ears as he intended, Lucky’s long slobbery, pink tongue made a trail from Felicity’s chin to her cherry red lips and up to her forehead.
‘AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGHHHH!”