Start by marking “An Affair of Vengeance” as Want to Read:
An Affair of Vengeance

An Affair of Vengeance

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Undercover CIA officer Evangeline Quill stalks Oliver McCrea for one reason: the handsome scoundrel can lead her to the untouchable shipping magnate who ordered her parents’ assassination. She doesn’t want to see the pain in his golden eyes. Compassion for an outlaw, however chivalrous he may be, won’t help her exact revenge on her nemesis.

But Evangeline is the first good
Published November 6th 2012 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about An Affair of Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Affair of Vengeance

Laura Navarre
In this sleek, sexy romantic suspense, glamorously set in the South of France, CIA agent Evangeline Quill goes deep undercover as a barmaid in posh nightclub Le Banque, where her mission is to uncover the Mafia don running guns and missiles to arm the world’s terrorists. For British agent Oliver McCrea, the target is the same—but his highly effective cover as a Scottish gunrunner puts him squarely in the enemy camp for Evangeline. Her goal is to bug him, track him, subvert him—whatever it takes ...more
Kathy Altman
An Affair of Vengeance is a hot, hard-edged spy thriller with enough action to please the most demanding adrenaline junkie and enough angst-ridden romance to satisfy the most devoted happy-ever-after fan. With two dedicated professionals who suddenly find themselves struggling with some very unprofessional temptations, two personal agendas in play and a deranged villain worthy of the next James Bond flick, Michele offers a taut, entertaining read.

The hero and heroine are well-crafted and highly
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
An intense spy thriller.

CIA agent Angelina Quill is working undercover in France trying to get the man that played a part in the bombing that killed her parents. It's why she joined the CIA and it been her obsession to get the man the American government wont prosecute no matter his crimes.

Oliver McCrea works for SOCA (Serious Organized Crime Agency which is described as the British FBI). He grew up with an alcoholic and abusive father, a mother who was a shell of a woman and a brother that got
Barb Klein
The first few sentences of “An Affair of Vengeance” by Jamie Michele were so intriguing that I just had to keep reading. At first I wasn’t sure who the bad guy was and I was afraid that Evangeline would get trapped with the wrong man.

Oliver McCrea was a spy who was trying to find Lukas Kral, a returning character from “An Affair of Deceit”, another engaging novel by Ms. Michele. Oliver and Evangeline were on the same course, but each was a member of a different intelligence group. Each had a re
June Trubia
I had a preview of the book. It is a great romance with quite a few twists. Is Evangeline on the right track? Is Oliver the man she needs in her life? Can't wait to read the final version!
Book Sniffers Anonymous
Evangeline has been undercover in France for over three years trying to track down the man who's responsible for killing her parents. While trying to gain access to the men who associate with Kral, she comes across a man who is looking to buy weapons for his boss through Kral's men. Evangeline decides to try and get close to McCrea in hopes of getting close to Kral. McCrea is instantly on alert around Evangeline and knows that she's up to something, but he doesn't know what. Neither person knows ...more
Cherise
3.5 Stars

I received this book free through the Amazon Vine program.

Angelina Quill is an American working undercover for the CIA in France. Oliver McCrea is a Scottish SOCA (Serious Organized Crime Agency/Basically British FBI) agent working undercover in France. The two meet and though neither knows the others agenda they have a certain chemistry. When it turns out they are both out for a little vengeance, different reasons, same enemy, they begin working together.

An Affair of Vengeance is fast
Robin Strauss
lame all around. I skimmed a lot. It seemed like there was some confusion about who Evangiline was nieve, inexperienced and approaching her first asset. Risking everything to pursue a personal agenda. Or an experienced agent who had done all these things a hundred times and should be smart alert and savvy?
Kathie Norfleet
Many typos throughout the book. "Kral" was misspelled as "Krai ".
Gjbates
I enjoyed this book. I thought it would have been better if it was a little bit longer to develop the relationship a little bit more.

Can anyone give me any suggestions regarding more contemporary spy/romance books? I have read some of the Anne Stuart Ice books. When I looked at a list on Goodreads of spy romances a lot of them were historical, which I wasn't interested in.
Shawn
I received an advance reader's copy of this quick read. I wonder if the final version is different. There are some things I liked about this but some parts did seem rushed. Overall it was enjoyable enough.
Myriad
I received an ARC of this book through Goodreads First Reads.

Took me a little to get into, but definitely worth it! Quick, with a good balance of emotion and steam.
Mark
An exciting and sexy suspense novel that will keep you turning pages to the very end!
Erin
3.5

kindle lending library version
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Heather Heal
Heather Heal marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Jennifer is currently reading it
Jan 20, 2015
Belia
Belia marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Robyn Jones
Robyn Jones marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
questions 1 2 Feb 03, 2013 04:25PM
  • In Her Sights (Montgomery Justice #1)
  • The Perfect Bride (Harlequin Intrigue 1421)
  • Dangerous Waters (The Barkley Sound Series, #1)
  • Trouble in Paradise (Rachel Knight, #2.5)
  • She Can Tell (She Can... #2)
  • Tempted into Danger (ICE: Black Ops Defenders #1)
  • Every Breath She Takes
  • Turn Me On
  • Wild Encounter
  • The Upside Down Marriage: 12 Ways to Keep Your Marriage Right Side Up
  • Spree (Codename: Chandler #2)
  • Noble Cause, A
  • Dying to Kill (Angel Delaney Mysteries, #2)
  • Sleep With Me
  • Dying to Tell (Slaughter Creek #1)
  • Straddling the Line
  • Burn Out (Rachel Scott, #2)
  • Blindsided (Jane Candiotti, #2)
Affair of Deceit, An

“What do you expect? I love Americans, but sometimes we make me cringe. Yesterday I saw a guy wearing a shirt that said, 'I shaved my balls for this?” 1 likes