Start by marking “Homályos nyomok (Diamond Brothers, #4-6)” as Want to Read:
Homályos nyomok (Diamond Brothers, #4-6)

Homályos nyomok (Diamond Brothers #4-6)

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  958 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
What would Tim Diamond, the world's worst private detective, do without his quick-thinking brother Nick? The bumbling detective and his kid brother are at it again in these three hilarious, fast-paced mysteries. Whether it's finding out who flattened a philanthropist with a steamroller in The Blurred Man, outsmarting Parisian drug smugglers on a vacation gone miserably wro ...more
192 pages
Published (first published January 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Homályos nyomok, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Homályos nyomok

Awa Lowe
Jul 23, 2012 Awa Lowe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading Three Of Diamonds. One reason I really liked this book was because all the mysteries that were solved in the book. On page 66 Nick found out the first solution to the mystery about Lenny smile and also managed to get Hoover and Fiona to get arrested. They were in Londons biggest ferris wheels when they solved the mystery. On pg.136 Madame Erica Nice was the mad American, he knew because her name. She was getting drugs moved to London to Paris.

You would like this book if
Bimran8
Oct 20, 2014 Bimran8 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this book there are three different stories. I will be talking about the third story. In the book the main character Tim Diamond a private detective gets invited to a island with his old high school friends. Tim has to bring his little brother Nick along because there parents are in Australia. When they reach the house nobody is there so they start searching the house. When they walk into a room they see something that wish they never were here. All wired things keep happening to each person, ...more
Eric
Feb 03, 2016 Eric rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tim and Alex are probably the people you would never recognize as detectives. Tim is the elder brother who would probably fail elementary school. Alex the little brother who’s still in middle school. Guess who always solves the mystery? That’s right, Alex. Even with their terrible reputation, the duo still manage to get caught up in the strangest and hardest mysteries. Despite their inexperience in martial arts and detecting in general, the duo have to persevere through all the challenges presen ...more
Andy Cheng
Feb 03, 2016 Andy Cheng rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm reading the Book the Three of diamonds. Tim Diamond and his brother Nick have been trying to solve the case for weeks without a lead. they eventually find a ray of light after persevering thorough the past few weeks. If you persevere through your struggles you will be rewarded in the end.(view spoiler) ...more
Wambli
Mar 09, 2016 Wambli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hit-the-quan
Anthony Horowitz made me very intrigued with his amazing book called "Three of Diamonds." Three of Diamonds was so mysterious and made me want to keep reading because I love mysteries. I love when the red herring comes in place ad when they think they have the serial killer it turns out that it was one of their old friends.
I think that one of the most clever ways that the guests were killed was by what they got first place in at high school. Also when they figured it out who the killer was, he w
Levi Roose
Oct 01, 2015 Levi Roose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anthony Horowitz, Crime/Mystery. I really liked it, one of the best books I have read! Tim Diamond is one of the worst private decetives ever. His brother Nick is much better. In the first story Tim and Nick find themselves trying to figure out if Lenny Smile's death was planned. Turns out that Lenny Smile doesn't exist. In the second story Tim wins a trip. On the train ride there a cousher tells them to watch out for the Mad American. He also gives Tim a bag of sugar. They end up getting chased ...more
Faith
Nov 25, 2008 Faith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the funniest book I have ever read. I totally recommend this book for any one who is feeling down because this will make you feel all better!
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
I only read the last story in this book since it was for book club - it was called I Know What You Did Last Wednesday and is a takeoff of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. The premise is the same but with a few changes to fit these characters.

It was a little humorous that a 14 year old figured it out all out when his older brother is supposed to be the PI but is dumb as a box of rocks. But the story does follow AC's book pretty closely considering this is only 80 pages long.

I liked th
Malcolm
Apr 13, 2008 Malcolm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like Mysteries
The book Three of Diamonds by Anthony Horowitz is a book with three medium-length stories. It is a mystery book about Nick Diamond, and his inept older brother Tim, who happens to be a private detective. Nick lives with his brother because his parents decided to migrate to Australia. In “The Blurred Man”, the Diamonds are asked to investigate the death of the director of a charity. They are faced with many obstacles in the form of an angry Russian Circus and bitter Police detectives. In “The Fr ...more
Adama
Aug 08, 2012 Adama rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bterminator9
May 27, 2014 Bterminator9 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was another intriguing book by Anthony Horowitz. I personally believe that the diamond brothers series does not get old. they have the same main characters but each book has a different criminal. Also the boo is very addicting for me. Just how he characters think and how sometimes the book can be confusing makes it a really good book. I think hat this book is best for children from ages 8-12 but i don't think that people above that age or below that age would enjoy the book.
Moussa Niang
Sep 26, 2012 Moussa Niang rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1) I enjoyed the book Three of Diamonds because the author puts three stories in one. For example the Blurred Man. It is about how a made up man who makes money and gives it to children. Another story is the French Confection is when Nick and Tim win a vacation to Paris. They have to stop drug dealers. The last story is I Know What you did Last Wednesday is about how there is a class gather up and 7 people get killed by a jealous person.

2) You would like this book if you like good mysterys. I sa
Christian
Jan 13, 2010 Christian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Over this quarter I had read Three of Diamonds by Anthony Horowitz. I really liked this book because it was very suspenseful,puzzling and funny. This book is about two brothers that are private detectives and everybody wants to kill them. The first mystery is about this man that got killed by a steamroller named Lenny Smile. The second mystery is about when the brothers go France and they are sucked into another mystery about drugs. The third mystery is about a murderer that kills all of the old ...more
Raymond Ruiz
Nov 16, 2015 Raymond Ruiz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was really amazing I like how this story has the three mysteries in one book. Although I don't like long books I really enjoyed it. Three of Diamonds is probably my most favorite mystery book I have ever read. This is my first book I have ever read by Anthony Horowitz and if I could find more, I would read them.This book made me go on the edge of my seat. I like how the author put a sneak peek of another one of his book.
Jenna Humphreys Neal
This book is a very adventurous book, however, it is not a book to read at night unless you love having garish nightmares.It follows two boys through there troubles.
Brooke Flanders johnson
Good read, three short books that feel like full books
Lina
Oct 18, 2015 Lina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny and fast paced. I couldn't put it down.
Rockey
Nov 08, 2014 Rockey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very smart and sarcastic everyone should read it
Eddie
Jan 27, 2015 Eddie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has been a while (date was guessed)
Geena
Aug 17, 2015 Geena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome three in one
Darrien
Oct 23, 2009 Darrien rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the book because of the continuous mystery and adventure. I couldn't put the book down becuase it was so interesting. My favorite character is Nick Diamond because he is so clever and a wonderful young detective who I can relate to. He is a perfect example of a great mystery book detective. I would recogmend this book to anyone who likes adventure and mystery because it will keep you wanting to read more.
Sungwon Yun
First time, I thought the story is about the three diamonds. However, there are three stories in one book. I got interested at the first time. The book was about the investigation by detective Tim Diamonds. I like detective story because I'm curious about what's going to happen and I have good imagination. I recommended this book to people who wants to increase their imagination and curiosity.^^
Jackson
May 07, 2013 Jackson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is three classic Horowitz stories in one book! The book portrays the adventures of the Diamond brothers with a mix of humor and mystery. Every Horowitz book lived up to my standards. I selected this book because of its complex storyline, powerful language and most of all, I really enjoyed its humor while retaining some mystery about murder or detective work.
Matt M
Mar 10, 2010 Matt M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book alot. It has 3 shorter stories instead of 1 long story. I have read the rest of the series, and this flowed together seamlessly. it put in details of the other stories, so it would help if you had read the others. but all in all, i think that this was a great book(s).
Mikey Crockett
Nov 15, 2013 Mikey Crockett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was really good had some short stories that had good action and mystery like a teen James Bond. My favorite story had to be the last one because it all connected at the end and nothing left me hanging in any of the stories.
Brett
Three short stories in the spoofy style the Diamond Brothers have already established. The last one, "I Know What you Did Last Wednesday," is the most dead-on hilarious sendup of Christie's "And Then There Were None." Fantastic.
Heather
Not as funny as several of the full length Diamond Brothers novels, but these short stories are still enjoyable. They are especially funny to anyone who knows the mysteries that are being spoofed (maybe only adults?)
Michelle
Sep 11, 2007 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is the funniest book I have ever read. Tim Diamond, and his brother Nick, solve three mysteries in this book. Tim is older, but Nick ends up doing most of the work. This book is hilarious.
David Bass
Oct 13, 2010 David Bass rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think that this book was pretty good. Two of the short stories were exciting and full of suspense but the other one was kind of boring and uninteresting.
Mellisa
It's really good but, I Know What You Did Last Wednesday, has a LOT of murder in it so it's kinda creepy so if you get scared easily don't read that one.
Which 3 of diamonds story was the best one. 1 2 Feb 05, 2013 09:01AM
Mystery 2 7 Oct 14, 2012 02:52AM
  • Ottoline Goes to School (Ottoline, #2)
  • Framed! (Traces, #1)
  • Half-Moon Investigations
  • Double or Die (Young Bond, #3)
  • The Golden Flute (Adventures of Lilli and Zane, #1)
  • Bloomin' Rainforests (Horrible Geography S.)
  • Return of the Emerald Skull (Barnaby Grimes, #2)
  • The Flight of Dragons  (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #4)
  • The Death-Defying Pepper Roux
  • The Sirens of Surrentum (The Roman Mysteries, #11)
  • Phizz Whizzing Collection
  • To Hawaii, with Love (Spy Goddess, #2)
  • Jolly Foul Play (A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery, #4)
Anthony Horowitz, OBE is ranked alongside Enid Blyton and Mark A. Cooper as "The most original and best spy-kids authors of the century." (New York Times). Anthony has been writing since the age of eight, and professionally since the age of twenty. In addition to the highly successful Alex Rider books, he is also the writer and creator of award winning detective series Foyle’s War, and more recent ...more
More about Anthony Horowitz...

Diamond Brothers (8 books)
  • The Falcon's Malteser (Diamond Brothers, #1)
  • Public Enemy Number Two (Diamond Brothers, #2)
  • South by Southeast (Diamond Brothers, #3)
  • The Blurred Man (Diamond Brothers, #4)
  • The French Confection (Diamond Brothers, #5)
  • I Know What You Did Last Wednesday (Diamond Brothers, #6)
  • The Greek Who Stole Christmas (Diamond Brothers, #7)
  • The Diamond Brothers in... The Four of Diamonds

“I don't know anything!' Tim(Caleb) wailed.
He'd never spoken a truer word in his life.”
23 likes