Start by marking “Manual del guerrero de la luz” as Want to Read:
Manual del guerrero de la luz

Manual del guerrero de la luz

3.69  ·  Rating Details ·  22,605 Ratings  ·  1,077 Reviews
Los guerreros de la luz sufren por cosas inútiles, tienen actitudes mezquinas, a veces se juzgan incapaces de crecer. Frecuentemente se consideran indignos de cualquier bendición o milagro. No siempre están seguros de lo que están haciendo aquí. Muchas veces pasan noches en vela, creyendo que sus vidas no tienen sentido. Por eso son guerreros de la luz. Porque se equivocan ...more
Published August 2003 by Editorial Grijalbo (first published 1997)

Kinga
Jun 14, 2011 Kinga rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I remember I used to date a boy who, knowing my almost legendary loathing of Coelho, bought me this book as a joke. I honestly can't believe this was published. It doesn't even make sense!

Each time he came over I would greet him with a quote from the book and we would meditate over it for a bit.

- This was another installment of Men&Books in my life. I will write a proper memoir with this theme one day.
Zibbo
Jan 19, 2010 Zibbo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a book full of proverbs, words of encouragement and wisdom, filled with so much realization on life. As you go along reading each page, you would realize that you can relate to what the author is sharing to us, that in each one of us there is a warrior of light, hiding beneath our folds of fear, doubts and loneliness. We are a Warrior of Light, whether we believe in it at first or not, because we are servants of the longingness to find our dreams, to conquer our fears and live life with p ...more
Kasp74
Sep 30, 2012 Kasp74 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
I am now reading this book for the third time. With each reading I underline and highlight something newly discovered that connects and validates my current experience and understanding. Why this book is fascinatingly useful to me is, its a compilation of seeds that grow when watered by my personal experience and meditative thought. In and of itself, it does not do the dirty work or heavy lifting for you, as many other books intend to do. This book is not entertaining you. It waits for you to mi ...more
Meliana
if other readers choose "rich dad poor dad" or "the secret" as their book bible, i prefer to drift away with "the warrior of light"

paulo coelho writes the philosophy of warrior of light for the ones who appreciate the miracle of being alive and to guide each soul to embark to their own destiny.

quoted these from paulo's blog:

The Warrior possesses the art of the blow and the art of pardon. He knows how to use both with equal skill.

The Warrior of Light listens to Lao Tzu when he says that we must d
Suzie Toumeh
قال الشاب في خاتمة الكتاب:
"لاحظت أن عدداً من الأمور التي أخبرتني إياها تناقض بعضها بعضاً".
ولكن للأسف، ما قاله الشاب لم يستحق أي رد من المرأة الغامضة.

هذا الكتاب ليس أول تجربة فاشلة لي مع باولو، لكن بدون منازع إنها، الأفشل.
إنه متناقض، وينقصه القليل من الصواب، لا يمكن ربطه بالحياة الواقعية إلا إذا كنت طفل ذي مخيلة خصبة. لربما كتب ليكون كتاب مقدس لقراء باولو، يصف لهم كيف يكون الإنسان الصالح أو كما لقبه "محارب الضوء".

أنصحه بشدة لأي إنسان يحب الكتب الفارغة الفاقدة للمعنى.
مصطفي سليمان

ارشحلك دا

بكل بساطة

Julie
Sep 05, 2011 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very inspiring to me. It was the right book at the right time. And with being a psychotherapist I have often had very similar thoughts as Paulo Coelho when I work with people, helping them through their pain and suffering. The book is beautifully written and full of symbolism. The Warrior of light served as metaphor for those who serve God and are not perfect, but human striving toward God's light.

Thought I would include some quotes below from Paulo Coelho's book.
"Like the fighte
Jodi
Jul 19, 2007 Jodi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like pop psychology self help crap
Shelves: fiction, selfhelp
This was a book club choice and chosen mainly because we were looking for a book in Spanish that would be a fairly easy read. I thought the overarching story of the boy on the beach was worthless and the "advice" on being a warrior of the light was contradictory and simplistic. If vaguely spiritualistic babble really motivates you - this is your book.
Kat Kiddles
“As I finish reading the prologue, it strikes me that we spend an incredible amount of time and effort fighting to achieve. We determine what is to be done, and plow through all the divine messages that cross our paths in the name of our objectives. Perhaps it’s only after we’ve fought for long enough, lost a sufficient amount of blood in our self-imposed battles and come to terms with our permanent scars that we finally give in just enough to actually realize what’s around us.

“The pandemonium o
Ehsan Shariaty
دستورالعمل زندگانی عارفانه از نظر پائولو کوئلیو -- نسخه صوتی کتاب را در رفت و برگشت به یزد گوش دادم
⊱ Poppy ⊰
A Book Of Great Wisdom.

“behind the mask of ice that people wear, there beats a heart of fire.”

“The only trap I must beware not to fall into, is to think that each day is the same as the next. In fact, each morning brings with it a hidden miracle, and we must pay attention to this miracle.”

“From the moment we are born, people tell us that the world is like this and like that, this way, that way. It is natural that - for a certain period of time - we end up believing what we are told. B
Brady
Sep 08, 2008 Brady rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
The Alchemist was great, so naturally I went out and bought 2 more Coelho books. The Valkeries was not very good and gives a lot of insight into Paulo himself (not impressed). Then I started to read Warrior of Light and truly believe that Paulo totally misses the boat on what it means to be a Warrior of Light. Suprisingly for someone who writes metaphysical books, he can't see around his own ego long enough to put anything of value on the page. This did it for me, as far as I am concerned read t ...more
Ladygorekitten
Nov 04, 2011 Ladygorekitten rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The more Coelho tries to be inspirational, the more he lacks.

Ah, I was a huge fan of this book when I read it and I was possibly 13. Now I look back to it, I only can say that it was a book version of being drama queen. There is no drama at all,in the boook. But, the system of thought is the same as drama queens that tries to make all the problems bigger than they actually are and then start to fight with imaginational enemies.

No, Coelho. Not this. Advicing people to be strong in the way of batt
Shannon
Apr 17, 2012 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: popular-fiction
After reading The Alchemist, I picked this up. It's a quick read, but the thoughts it provokes linger. While there were some new nuggets of wisdom, for the most part, many thoughts I've had in the past and several beliefs I've held were reaffirmed. Made up of various proverbs, one was similar to a belief among Native Americans in my part of the Americas and is one which I've known for years, though mine goes to the seventh generation. "Before making any important decision ... the Warrior asks hi ...more
Azza
Oct 22, 2012 Azza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
This is the one book I want to read again and again and again. This is the one book I want to keep in my bag when I go out and beside my bed when I go to sleep. This is the one book I want to open at a random page to see how I should respond to a certain situation.

This is a book full of pure kindness.

This is MY book.
Carmine
Jun 21, 2015 Carmine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Impara a guardare dentro il tuo cuore ed imparerai a conoscere te stesso

In verità questa è una citazione che mi sono inventato al momento per dare il titolo in grassetto.
Niente, Coelho ha capito come fare i big money con il minimo sforzo.
Frasi pseudofilosofiche ed ovvietà random sono il fulcro di questo compendio per noi guerrieri della luce, sempre pronti a rialzarci dopo ogni sconfitta più forti di prima.

Nilin Börekçi
Benlik bir kitap değildi ama yine insanın kendine bir başlangıç noktası olarak alabileceği bir kitap kitaptı. Öyle hop oturdum 100 sayfa okudumluk bir kitap değildi yani.

Arada, yavaş yavaş okunabilecek bir kitaptı. Başucu kitabı misali. Bu bağlamda, kitabı sevdim.

İçinde gerçekten güzel yazıların olduğu bölümlerde vardı (Onların hepsi işaretlendi.). Güzeldi ya. İlk okuduğumda çok kötü diye geçirmiştim içimden ama, okudukça biraz keyif almaya başladığımı itiraf etmem gerek. *-*
شيرين فتحي
يؤمن محاب الضوء بأن الشخص عندما يريد الحصول على أمر فإن الكون بكامله سيتآمر لصالحه.

ـ لا يمتلك محارب الضوء الإيمان على الدوام.

ـ محارب الضوء يتصرف كالأطفال في بعض الأحيان ويشعر بالفخر إذا ما واجهه أحد بذلك لأنه يعلم أنه سيبقى على اتصال بالله عبر تلك البراءة.

ـ يستمد محارب الضوء قوته من الألم الذي لحق به في الماضي.

ـ التزام محارب الضوء عادةً يكون التزاما أحمق قد يُلحق به الأذى لكنه يحترم كلمته ويدفع ثمن تهوره.

ـ يعرف محارب الضوء أن أهم ثلاث كلمات في أي لغة هي ( نعم ـ المحبة ـ الله ) كلمات في غاية السه
Anna-maria Frastali
I know that many many people won't like this review, but I have to be honest. From a litterary point of view P.Coelho's writing really simple, nothing special in it, there are not engaging images or words. Since this is not supposed to be a novel but a manual in a more philosophical way (!), this Warrior's of the Light philosophy is really plain. I feel that Coelho just wanted to add everything he could in order to attract more readers. It is mostly a book for people who feel that they don't hav ...more
Sophia El Kerdini
Mon deuxième Coelho! :D
Le livre regroupe un ensemble de bons rappels réunis sous forme d'un manuel avec de sages répliques. On s'ennuie un petit peu avec les répétitions, et pour ceux qui souhaitent un contenu plus complexe qui incite à la méditation profonde, je dois vous prévenir que vous serez légèrement insatisfait. Mais d'un autre côté, le texte est facile à lire, simple à saisir et à comprendre. Il est bon de le feuilleter de temps à autre.
Fatima Hasan
Nov 08, 2016 Fatima Hasan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
سقوط مدوي لكويلو بعد (الخيميائي)
الفكرة في تمهيد الكتاب رائعة وحماسية جدا أعتقد لو واصل على ذات النمط من السرد الشيق المشبع بالاحداث المتعاقبة والمغامرات الممتعة كان حال الرواية اكثر بكثير !
ولكن بهذه الطريقه الكتاب فارغ بكل معنى الكلمه من المحتوى .. فهو مجرد سرد لنصائح عن الصورة شبه المثالية للانسان او كما يسميه محارب الضوء .
أسقطت كل نجومي وأبقيت واحدة لاجل التمهيد .
مروان البلوشي
قد يعتبر المثقف العربي هذا الكتاب خفيفاً وغير عميق وغير أكاديمي ولا يليق به أن يقرأه، ولكن هذا المثقف غبي ولذلك فهو لا يستطيع رؤية الجمال والحكمة الكامنة بل والحقيقة الواضحة في صفحات هذا الكتاب، قراءة ممتعة ولتذهب النخبوية إلى الجحيم :)
Darnia
This is my most fave book from the whole book that I've evr read!!!
Gw beli buku ini sekitar taun 2007-an, nemu di toko buku Toga Mas di Jogjakarta.
Kenapa ini selalu gw bawa ke mana-mana dan gw baca berulang-ulang tanpa bosan?
Inilah beberapa kalimat yang berhasil gw kutip di bab awal :

Seorang ksatria cahaya tahu bahwa ia memiliki banyak hal yang patut disyukuri. Dia tidak perlu diingatkan tentang bantuan yang diberikan orang lain padanya, ialah orang pertama yang mengingatnya.

Seorang ksatria caha
Noha mohamed
May 18, 2012 Noha mohamed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

A man only has a soul to be won or lost; apart from his
life, he has nothing.
Past or future lives do not matter - at the moment
you are living this one, and you should do so with silent comprehension,
joy and enthusiasm. What you must not lose is your enthusiasm. " paulo coelho "
-you do not have a woman whom you love; the woman is not yours. What is yours is
the energy of love, which you aim at her.
_
_
_كان كونفوشيوس يسافر مع تلاميذه و عندما سمع بأن صبي ذكي جدا
يعيش في قرية مجاورة. ذهب كونفوشيوس لل
Patrick Suth
Feb 27, 2013 Patrick Suth rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: garbage
An attempt to mimic the art of war. Coehlo shows throughout this book that he believes that his idea of a happy lifestyle is the only way anyone can be happy. Its high headed tone of what balance is and how to approach morality is clumsy and occasionally contradictory. I'm halfway through this book and it is going to take a miracle to change my opinion. This is the fourth Paulo Coehlo book I have read. I am now eating my way through these novels just to clear space on my bookshelf.

One aspect I u
Jacqui Helms
Oct 04, 2011 Jacqui Helms rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paulo Coelho is an author that I can't help but love. His books all reflect his philosophical and deep thinking within the plot of the story. This book is different because there is no story or main character, instead this book is a manual to living positively like the main character Santiago from "The Alchemist." This manual is a way for people to live positively and can be used as a guide to incorporate alchemy into everyday life. Warrior of the Light also opens your eyes to reflecting on your ...more
Kelechi
Jul 01, 2014 Kelechi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am disappointed in this book. It felt rushed and incoherent.
I have friends who frown upon my fondness for books by Coelho, but in this instance, I have to agree.
There is no need to force depth and enlightenment, in this book it felt like he was really forcing it. Didn't enjoy it. Certain passages were cool but very few.
Read it if you want to say you've read all his books, but also be prepared to say you could've used your time more productively.
Rosie Nguyễn
Jul 18, 2014 Rosie Nguyễn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are books that come to us at the right time, either we seek for them, or they come by chance, playing as saviors. I searched for this book and it was exactly what I wanted. Soothing my pain with the beautiful words, releasing my pressure with understanding expression, encouraging me with the simple rules. I found again the reasons for me to be a warrior of light, to choose this painful yet rewarding path. Keep moving forward, I whispered to myself.
 QA
Mar 07, 2011 QA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nadia
Recommended to QA by: Goodreads
Paulo coelho seems not belong to any particular region or people.His vision and views seems very relevant to all people of all areas.The book contains inspiring ideas which must be very attractive for the young lot and it can change the attitude and outlook of the reader.The style of the book is very simple and easy to read .
Yomna hosny
Mar 25, 2014 Yomna hosny rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-a-copy
Out of all of Paulo Coelho's books, this one is definitely the most new agey..
Warrior of the Light: A Manual is online for free! 1 77 Oct 02, 2008 11:54PM
  • God Is Not a Christian: And Other Provocations
  • Oneness With All Life: Inspirational Selections from A New Earth
  • There's No Such Place As Far Away
  • Doa Sang Katak 1: Meditasi Dengan Cerita
  • The Moses Code: The Most Powerful Manifestation Tool in the History of the World
  • Evidence of the Afterlife: The Science of Near-Death Experiences
  • The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life
  • Creative Mind and Success (Dover Empower Your Life)
  • The Earth Path: Grounding Your Spirit in the Rhythms of Nature
  • The Call: Discovering Why You Are Here
  • Perjalanan Sunyi Bisma Dewabrata
  • The Active Side of Infinity
  • The Secret of Shambhala: In Search of the Eleventh Insight (Celestine Prophecy, #3)
  • Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways to Regain Peace and Nourish Your Soul
  • Joy: The Happiness That Comes from Within
  • A Flash of Lightning in the Dark of Night: A Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life
The Brazilian author PAULO COELHO was born in 1947 in the city of Rio de Janeiro. Before dedicating his life completely to literature, he worked as theatre director and actor, lyricist and journalist. In 1986, PAULO COELHO did the pilgrimage to Saint James of Compostella, an experience later to be documented in his book The Pilgrimage. In the following year, COELHO published The Alchemist. Slow in ...more
More about Paulo Coelho...

“behind the mask of ice that people wear, there beats a heart of fire.” 790 likes
“Of all the ways we have found to hurt ourselves, the worse has been through love. We are always suffering because of someone who doesn't love us, or someone who has left us, or someone who won't leave us. If we are alone, it is because no one wants us...” 294 likes