Start by marking “Working Stiffs (Deadzone #1)” as Want to Read:
Working Stiffs (Deadzone #1)

Working Stiffs (Deadzone #1)

[Ménage Amour ManLove: Erotic Alternative Futuristic Sci-Fi Ménage a Trois Romance, M/M/M, older heroes, spanking, HEA]

After the collapse of civilization, Ager Munez finds work as an agent, helping customers with their zombie insurance needs. He’s a bit of a workaholic and a romantic at heart, but the only romance he’s been experiencing lately involves watching his bosses
Published July 7th 2012 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Working Stiffs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Working Stiffs

Emily
Jul 11, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
I loved this book! It was a quick, funny, fluffy read, which is what I was looking for. I also enjoyed the interesting take on zombies. Most zombie novels and movies focus on the outbreak or the immediate aftermath, or the fall of civilization. This book however is set 75 years after the outbreak in a world that continues on, except now we live in a world not only aware of zombies, but in a world where zombies are a part of life. Heck, they even sell insurance for zombie attacks. This is a fasci ...more
Serena Yates
Jul 07, 2012 Serena Yates rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-m
Interesting idea for a new series, sort of a mix between paranormal/horror (the zombie threat) and sci-fi. There is a variety of zombies, and the explanation for how they originated is quite interesting. The fact is that this is story set in a post-apocalyptic America and as such has a different set of rules people live by. Part of the fascination of this first book is finding out how it all hangs together and what some of the pitfalls are.

The characters are definitely fun and while not too deep
Perpetua
Oct 04, 2012 Perpetua rated it really liked it
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Ager works at Deadzone, an insurance company that takes care of ‘all your Zombie needs’ including disposal of a zombie outbreak. Ager fantasies about his boss, Jim and on occasion Jim’s husband, Jason, but he never truly dared hope that he would ever catch either of their eyes, especially seeing as they are happily married. Jim and Jason have had their eyes on Ager since he started working for them, but have h
Alex Hahn
Jul 08, 2012 Alex Hahn rated it really liked it
I think it was about time that an author took on zombie romance. I have to say that Jana Downs did it well. It was thought out, action packed, and somehow still cute.
Hc Lynn
First time I've read this author.. must say was interesting.. I did LIKE this book but it's definitely NOT a light read for me. Reminded me too much of Resident Evil (which I actually do like, thou I avoid most scary movies) (view spoiler) ...more
V
Jul 08, 2012 V rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies
Kelli
I loved this! Its set in such an interesting new world, where the walking dead have taken over whole disttricts which have become no go areas for the living - I dont want to go into too much detail, you'll just have to read the book yourself lol.

I'm really hoping theres a second book in the series coming up - this is a world I want to see more of.
~RMG
Jul 14, 2012 ~RMG rated it it was ok
Amy
Aug 01, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: own-them

3.5 stars. This was surprisingly good! Zombies have never really been that interesting to me, but this definitely got my full attention. I hope the next book is about Brooklyn.
ReviewerLarissa
Jul 22, 2012 ReviewerLarissa rated it really liked it
Zombies!!!
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Zombies and menage, what's not to like? It's not a great read, but it's fun, and that's what matters to me.
Saya
Jul 09, 2012 Saya rated it liked it
3.5
Lioness7
Jul 16, 2014 Lioness7 rated it it was amazing
This story was great. I had so much fun reading it. Three hot men, unique zombies and a sector falling combined to make this book unique and action packed.

I absolutely loved the three main characters. They each had a personality that complimented the other two. I also loved how not all the zombies were mindless eating machines. Having some with thinking capabilities changed the whole zombie outlook of the book.

The biggest thing I can say about this book is that I will read it again and can’t wai
Tamarrion Lash
Jan 02, 2013 Tamarrion Lash rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Что-то мне прям очень понравилось. Хотя, может из-за зомби-апокалипсиса, я к нему питаю слабость.
В целом, вполне приличное чтение. Тройничок очень гладенький, секса много, зомби зомбячные, чего еще надо? :)
Kayla
Jan 30, 2013 Kayla rated it really liked it
I was kind of leery of the whole "zombie" theme, but I actually enjoyed this book more than I was expecting to!
Bookbee
2.5 Stars

Definitely zombie-lite. Also, I always have difficulty accepting that a person with broken (not just cracked) ribs has sex. The pain would be off the charts.
Seph
Seph rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2012
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2015
Nadine Linter
Nadine Linter rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Suburbancowgirl
Suburbancowgirl rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2014
Samantha Meyers
Samantha Meyers rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2017
Kidd
Kidd rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2014
Kiesha
Kiesha rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2015
Kitany
Kitany rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2013
Lyre
Lyre rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2012
Riayl
Riayl rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2012
Kaelynn
Kaelynn rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2015
Chana
Chana rated it did not like it
Jul 20, 2014
Candace
Candace rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Jana Downs lives in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina with three cats, one dog, several dozen fish, and a very understanding partner-in-crime who hates to read but makes exceptions for her stories.

You can usually find her either watching bad reality TV, buying way too many books on Amazon, or dreaming up another man or two to occupy her time because life is good but several drop-de
More about Jana Downs...

Deadzone (3 books)
  • Relay for Life (Deadzone #2)
  • Cold Calling (Deadzone, #3)