Start by marking “Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires, #14)” as Want to Read:
Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires, #14)

Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires #14)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  6,240 ratings  ·  695 reviews
Thanks to its unique combination of human and vampire residents, Morganville, Texas, is a small college town with big-time problems. When student Claire Danvers gets the chance to experience life on the outside, she takes it. But Morganville isn’t the only town with vampire trouble...

Claire never thought she’d leave Morganville, but when she gets accepted into the graduate
Published May 7th 2013 by New American Library (first published May 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fall of Night, please sign up.

Katherine What device are you reading it on? I can message you the chapter if you want . I am using an iPad and the kindle app and its fine there
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
116th out of 2,471 books — 12,486 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadRequiem by Lauren OliverBoundless by Cynthia Hand
2013 Releases
22nd out of 589 books — 1,006 voters

More lists with this book...

Abby :}
I SURVIVED DECEMBER 21ST!!
But I still haven't gotten my claws into this book.. thankyou crap Australian bookstores!!
harlequin {Stephanie}
*Edit* Not what I was hoping for, but somehow it works. Liked it better than Bitter Blood, but after the mind melting twists and turns of the previous books it's no wonder 13 was a bit flat.

(view spoiler)
Sydney
Sep 24, 2013 Sydney added it
Er....make-up with Shane already! I swear if she doesn't do that in this book...

After reading book:
Wow. Woah. Okay, then. Some serious shit just went down there. That was an intense cliff-hanger and random turn in the who series with Daylight dudes. It was a good book, though, and good plot. I loved Shane's POV and Claire's POV and the switching out of the two. I also love their relationship in this book. Much more mature and adult-like. Love it and read it in 8 hours. I can't wait for November!
Ta§chima Cullen
Fall of Night was, as always, full of action and adventure, with enough risk to get your blood pumping. It was different than other titles, while on the heart of it it remained the same. Set entirely outside of the boundaries of Morganville you would think Claire would get a second of peace away from the vampires and the dark/twisty thing that is her life. But then again that wouldn't make for a great novel, and Fall of Night is certainly a great addition into the series. Claire needed to get ou ...more
Jaki
She’s a tricky woman, that Rachel Caine! When I first read the blurb of Fall of Night, I was a little bit concerned. Claire’s given permission to leave Morganville and is off to MIT. I envisioned a whole book about Claire, and missing all my favourite characters and the town of Morganville too! How can that be? I thought in a panic. No Morganville? No Myrnin? No Eve? How can Ms Caine do this to us?

I should have more faith. :D Yes, Claire is off to MIT, to study in an advanced graduate program, u
Badass
Fuck, alright. BADDASS MANLY FICTION REVIEWER got his hands on an ARC copy of FALL OF NIGHT thanks to his having shrieked at Rachel Caine over the interwebs that she should really get her ass into gear and get this shit out on the shelves, and Rachel couldn't help but admire his BADDASS MANLY FICTION REVIEWER spunk.

(Wait, that came out wrong. FUCK IT. ONWARD.)

Anyway, BAMFR just finished his copy of this book not two seconds ago, and it turns out that it's very easy to review. Did DEAR READER lik
Holly Herda
Okay, I am just...shocked and disappointed. Definitely not words I normally use to describe the Rachel Caine reading experience. Where do I begin when describing all the ways this book--this series--just went wrong?

And just to clarify: I realize this book was supposed to have a slightly different feel to it, since the main character was leaving the main setting. That in itself I don't have a problem with. (A similar situation occurred in book eight, Kiss of Death, and that's one of my favorites
Lia
I've never reviewed a book on goodreads before, but I just finished this book, and feel I have to vent.

I didn't like this book. I'm in no way saying it's a bad book- it's written decently and as usual, the interactions between characters and the dialogue work perfectly fine. It's just... I didn't like it. It just felt off to me, in an indescribable way. There are however, a few gripes I can describe.

A small thing is that we don't see much of the whole gang, especially Michael and Eve. I don't
Ferdy
Slightly Spoilery

The Morganville Vampires series is the longest series I've ever read - I never anticipated it being quite so long when I first started it years ago, so I'm rather glad that Fall of Night is the penultimate Morganville book… There's nothing quite like the feeling you get when you've finally finish a series.
I've had my ups and downs with the Morganville books… I wasn't the biggest fan of the last couple of installments but I have to admit that overall I've enjoyed the series — th
Sue Tint
May 19, 2013 Sue Tint rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Morganville Vampires fans, lovers of YA paranormal, with a little romance
Shelves: ya
Wow! 4.5 to 5 stars! I just finished this 14th installment of this beloved (especially to me) Morganville Vampires series this morning. I have come to absolutely fall in love with these characters. And while this installment took us outside of Morganville for the entire book (with the exception of the very beginning and very end - and that was basically on the outskirts of town), it was an excellent move for Ms. Caine to do. I think taking Claire out of Morganville was a perfect way to refresh t ...more
Suzanne
The last 166 pages brought this to a 4, before then, we were looking at a 3.

The Morganville Vampire series has always been one of my favourites, but Bitterblood just wasn't up to scratch. So when I started Fall of Night, for the first time ever, I was going into one of these books with little enthusiasm. And for the first 277 pages, it unfortunately lived up to my expectations.

But enter Oliver and Myrnin and this book took a turn for the better. The pace was faster, the action picked up and I di
Ave Binks
May 12, 2013 Ave Binks marked it as to-read
Okay, I absolutely LOVE this series, but I'm going to take a break from getting/reading this series for a while until I'm sure Claire and Shane are solidly back together* b/c that was my main reason for reading this series- a couple that was always together so we didn't have to worry over the drama crap of the "will they, won't they?" And so help me if Claire finds someone at college to have a fling with while she's figuring out what to do with Shane..., sigh, well lets just say I'll be very dis ...more
ALPHAreader
Following from the events of ‘Bitter Blood’, when lives were lost and friendships put to the test, Claire Danvers is following-through with her decision to leave Morganville, and attend the MIT graduate program in Cambridge.

Claire has made the monumental decision to leave her friends behind – including newlyweds Michael and Eve, who want to start acting more like a married couple (less roommates should help with that). But Claire is also determined to leave her beloved boyfriend, Shane, behind
Kim
I realize this series has a cult like following. I have always really liked it, but at 150 pages in and I had to put it down. The great thing about this series was Morganville and the friends, this book is taking place in Cambridge, and I just couldn't read it anymore. It was BORING! Even a Vampire or stalker couldn't make this book less boring. I may try to pick it up again at a later date, but this series went down hill for me much the way the Southern Vampire series did from Charlene Harris. ...more
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

Why isn’t this series a TV show yet? The CW? ABC Family? The Morganville Vampires is perfect for primetime. The cast of characters has expanded over the series without loosing focus on the core relationships, the setting of a vampire run college town is the perfect blend of chills and intrigue, and the storylines that Rachel Caine continues to spin are even hotter at book fourteen then they were at book one!

In FALL OF NIGHT, the series takes it’s bigges
Amy Jacobs
Fall of Night is the 14th book in the Morganville Vampire series by author Rachel Caine.

I am a huge fan of this series. I feel connected to Shane, Claire, Eve, Michael and yes Myrnin. There town is complicated and full of suspense and not much down time to just relax. But that is what makes them the best characters when they have to deal with problems in a vamp run town.

In Fall of Night, Claire travels away to MIT. She needs to find her way on her own and see what life is like outside of Morganv
Hannah (Jaedia)
First posted to Once Upon A Time.

Fall of Night, Fall of Night.. not quite as bad as Bite Club, but no where near as good as Bitter Blood. In fact, this is a Morganville novel of two parts. The part where Claire is alone in this new town, and the part where everybody suddenly appears. The first part was just kind of boring.. sorry, but Morganville without Myrnin and Eve et al just isn't the same. But then the second part woke up and we have a Morganville book that is once again fast paced and unp
♥Linsey Pop♥ - mybooksnthings.com
Linsey @ My Little World - Books 'N' Things

I can't believe we're approaching the end of this series and I for one am going to miss the residents of Morganville... Yes, all of them. But we're not quite there yet.

In book 14, Fall of Night, Claire has decided to get out of town in order to re-address her life and figure out what it is that she really wants. This sees her attending MIT and living in Cambridge away from all of her friends, including boyfriend Shane. Or so she thinks. She moves in wi
Markus W
Yodamom
Great fun with the Morganville gang when they Claire leaves home and heads for Boston. Where Claire goes trouble follows. She is finally at MIT her dream realized. Sometimes our dreams turn out to be nightmares. Everything is not what ti seems which it the way of the world. The hidden dangers strike, and some of them will not come out okay. It's all Claire fault, she may lose it all. Her research, her love and maybe her friends lives.
It was fun, edge of my seat squirming action and several ahhhh
Courtney
Dec 30, 2012 Courtney marked it as to-read
Really?!? MAY FREAKIN 7th? Do you know how far away that is? Too far. I need to know what happens! I just finished Bitter Blood. It was great! I bet this book will easily become one of my favorites. SO YOU NEED TO COME OUT ALREADY! I love this series!!
Georgia strong
can't wait!!! I just want shane and claire to stay together!!!!
Becca
ohhhhh the cover is out finally, I love it. It just looks badass like i am sure the book is going to be, i am all full of giddyness for this book to be out. But I will point out something though did you notice that Claire's eyeliner has gone much darker sooo I am guessing this book is gonna get badass and get more scary. Even though I do love these covers I kind of like the first few better they were just more original.

May 7th can't come fast enough!!!

I wanna read this now soooo bad right now, l
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson:

All I could say when I finished this book was "Holy mother...."

I wasn't sure what to expect with all of the changes from the last couple books, the breakup of our known posse and the tension running rampant, but if it's even possible for me to love one of these books even more than I already have been, Fall of Night did the trick!

I started the book at 1am on release day because I simply couldn't wait, and by the next afternoon I w
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Claire has decided to move out of Morganville and go to her dream school MIT; however, it is hard to leave her friends (even Myrnin) but especially her boyfriend, Shane, as things are a bit uncertain since he did not trust her in the last book. She is enrolled in a special advanced program with an ex-Morganville resident Irene Anderson, and together they work on VLAD, a machine which is meant to cancel out a vampire
Mizzy-emo
So amazon decided to send me this book early, and seen as though it was a three day weekend, I decided to use up my bank holiday and read to my hearts content..
My aunt bought me the bulk of this series two Christmases ago, the year I turned 16, and I have never read a series that has grasped me for its entirety. I feel like I have grown up in these past two years, and so has the main character, Claire Danvers. Not in the same ways, but you know what I mean..
I have enjoyed the journey that it ha
I'd hoped that this book wouldn't be so bad, but unfortunately it was just really boring. I wasn't impressed with Claire taking the anti-vampire machine out of Morganville - surely it would work best there? andI'm sick of the number of times that Michael comes back from the dead!
Nícky
Guauuu, que final!! La verdad es que se hacen eternas las esperas entre libros, tanto que casi te olvidas de lo que sucedió en el anterior pero, tras un capítulo, estás metida de lleno en Morganville como si nunca hubieras salido de sus fronteras. Y casi mejor no salir!! La verdad es que el viaje al MIT nunca me dio buena espina. Que Amelie la dejara salir, que Myrnin ocultara la existencia de Vlad, que una ex-ayudante del vampiro loco tomara a Clare en su custodia.. no, no sonaba nada bien, y n ...more
Taภya
I absolutely loved it

After months and months of waiting for the book, I finally got to read it. :)

Fall of Night was full of action,A fantastic read...
I love it how Shane had his POV in the book.

I didn't really like how much time Claire and Shane was apart, i wanted them to kiss and make up all ready, but it didn't take them long to make up.

I cant wait to read the new book Daylighters, to see what the Daylight Foundation has done to Morganville and the Vampires...
Darci Taylor
As all Morganville readers, I am super excited for this book.
My only hesitation is the fact the Claire is leaving Morganville. I agree that it is about time the story had a different location, but I just feel uneasy about this change. That, and the current status between Claire and Shane.
Book 14, and this series STILL has me wanting more. I don't know how you do it Mrs. Caine, but keep it up! The Morganville Vampires is a series I always look foward to.
Excited!
OMG !! Is it good ?? 28 47 Nov 02, 2014 05:28AM
Team Shane or Team Myrnin? 14 72 Aug 05, 2014 03:34PM
Crazy for Young A...: Fall of Night (Morganville Vampires #14) by Rachel Caine → Start Date: July 21st, 2014 8 15 Jul 30, 2014 01:18PM
Does anyone like the same books as me? How many favourite books do we have in common? 16 66 Jun 16, 2014 06:01AM
Ending 2 16 Dec 13, 2013 10:31PM
Morganville Webseries! 11 41 Jul 08, 2013 09:15PM
Don't you think Shane is PERFECT ! 8 22 Jun 20, 2013 03:07AM
  • Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles, #6)
  • Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Blood Forever (Blood Coven Vampire, #8)
  • Eternal: More Love Stories with Bite
  • The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)
  • The Rising (Darkness Rising, #3)
  • Immortal Hearts (Vampire Kisses, #9)
  • The Keep (The Watchers, #4)
  • Thirst No. 5: The Sacred Veil (Thirst, #5)
  • Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)
  • Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls, #5)
  • Death, Doom and Detention (Darklight, #2)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3) The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4) Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)

“Glad it was you and not me," Shane said, and offered Myrin a hand up. "Any brain damage?"
"Since the bullet actually passed through his brain, then yes, idiot boy, there's certainly brain damage," Oliver said. "It will pass. His brain's the least fragile thing about him."
"You say the nicest things," Myrin said. He was slurring his words, and he threw an arm around Oliver's neck. "Marry me.”
35 likes