Start by marking “Freud And The Nazis Go Surfing” as Want to Read:
Freud And The Nazis Go Surfing

Freud And The Nazis Go Surfing

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  3 reviews
It is the summer of 1954. Jim is sixteen.

The Korean War is all but over, the Second World War ten years past, and Australia is buzzing with the Petrov Affair. But none of this matters much to Jim - he's holidaying with his parents on the Victorian Coast and planning an easy time of it on the beach.

But the sleepy seaside town of Anglecrest is not what it might seem. Who is
Published 1986 by Pan Macmillan Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Freud And The Nazis Go Surfing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freud And The Nazis Go Surfing

Beejay
How is it possible to read a book, know you really enjoyed it, have it stick with you years down the track, but really not remember what it is about? Such is "Freud and the Nazis Go Surfing", a little Aussie gem.

What is it about? Hm, not sure. Firstly, the title is fantastic, isn't it? It's set in a small community in Victoria, Australia, post WWII. I know there's a rather disturbing scene of a kangaroo and a kangaroo dog fighting; I know there are bad, nasty, bullies - boo, hiss; I know the nar
Babycatcher
This book definitely hooked me in - I chose to read it for the title - but there is a bullying type theme running through it which disturbed me. There is cruelty and an odd blend of characters with their own issues which at times is a bit distracting. I didn't love it - but I think this will stay with me for awhile. It is a book which makes you think about it long after you have finished it.
Chris Kendrick
Chris Kendrick marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Adam
Adam is currently reading it
May 05, 2014
Shanna
Shanna marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2008
I'm a Lebowski, You're a Lebowski: Life, The Big Lebowski, and What Have You Police Rescue 2 Police Rescue 1 Cleaning Up Pink water dawn