Start by marking “I Think There's a Monster Under My Bed!” as Want to Read:
I Think There's a Monster Under My Bed!

I Think There's a Monster Under My Bed!

Conducive to learning, Jennise Conley's picture books are designed to increase cognitive functioning and to provide tools for parents and caregivers to help young children develop their literary skills. Using rhyme, rhythm, and repetition, the story she presents in I Think There's a Monster Under My Bed! specifically identifies the power of imagination as it draws young re ...more
Published July 5th 2012

To ask other readers questions about I Think There's a Monster Under My Bed!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Think There's a Monster Under My Bed!

Theresa
I won a copy of I Think There's a Monster Under My Bed! by Jennise Conley for free on Goodreads First/Reads. I'm so glad I did- Funny my 3yr old was sitting with me when I was opening the mail & I forgot this book was coming- anyway I let her open the package and she was soooo excited :) (was cute) I read the book right away to her and we both loved it~ great story for parents to read to their young children. Awesome pictures inside the story and this book is a keeper. Thank You for the oppo ...more
Dani Star
Jul 15, 2012 Dani Star rated it it was amazing
This is a great children’s book! The illustrations are cute, very imaginative and have plenty of detail. The author has clearly put a lot of time and effort into this book making it a fun read for children and even adults. My daughter loved reading this book along with me, she had fun and we have definitely read it more than once. I highly encourage others to check it out; it really is worth a read!
David Dawson
Jul 14, 2012 David Dawson rated it it was amazing
As a writer and reader all my life I understand the importance of learning how to read at an early age. This book not only contains a delightful story with rhymes, colours and humour that children up to the age of eight will enjoy but will also give them the skills they need to develop their learning abilities. The book also donates some of their proceeds to the Energy and Sciences Education Initiative, which is a worthwhile organisation.
Book
Jul 14, 2012 Book rated it it was amazing
Love it!

I wanted to get some extra “uncle brownie points” and bought this book as well as a few others for my 5 year old niece.

What can I say, she loves it. I’ve already had to read it to her three times this week. I’m finally beating my brother for the number one uncle spot.

This book reminds me of some of the old children’s books that I used to loves as a kid.

Keep them coming, I’ll be sure to pick up your next book.
R Jean
Jul 15, 2012 R Jean rated it it was amazing
As a parent I really liked the beginning few pages, there are tips on how to encourage your child to read, different ways to read together etc. I am a huge reader and I have always encouraged my kids to read, even if it’s a cereal box. The writing is very well done, it rhymes, which makes it really fun to read out loud, as I did to my little nieces the other day. They really enjoyed the book, and out of all the new children’s books I’ve come across lately this is by far my favorite.
Kristyn Stimach
Aug 01, 2012 Kristyn Stimach rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This is a great children's book. I read it to my niece and she loved it. I had to read it to her a couple more times in a row because she liked the flow of the sentences and the pictures captured her attention that she didn't want me to stop.
~reader~
Jul 16, 2012 ~reader~ rated it it was amazing
My youngest loves this book! I have to read it over and over until they fall asleep. Well done!I highly recommend to all the parents out there.
A Full Bookshelf
Aug 13, 2012 A Full Bookshelf rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This was a first reads goodreads win!

This was a totally cute book. The rhyming phrases were spot on and so fun. I enjoyed the repetition of the book. The ending did surprise me, which was awesome!

When I first saw the cover I thought this may not be a good book to read to younger kids, but then I read the book myself and decided otherwise! This book is great for kids of all ages. It's definitely a fun read for kids and has fun with a sometimes scary topic: monsters.
Jennise Conley
Jul 05, 2012 Jennise Conley rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: author
I am not going to lie; this is my favorite children’s book project. I am really happy with the repetition and rhythmic patterning for neuronal language and literacy development. This book is perfect to read to a fetus of about 7 months old, and, as literacy develops, should be read by a child that is about 7 or 8 years old. So parents and parents-to-be, you should probably buy a copy ASAP.
Anchy
Anchy rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2012
Energy Sciences
Energy Sciences rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2012
Chang, Sung In
Chang, Sung In rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Corinne
Corinne rated it it was amazing
Crystal
Crystal rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2012
Chandra
Good book
Jennifer beck
Jennifer beck marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2012
Sarah Walker
Sarah Walker marked it as to-read
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Kristine
Kristine marked it as to-read
Jillian Conley
Jillian Conley marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2012
Mystic
Mystic marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2012
Rebecca Owen
Rebecca Owen marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2012
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2012
Kitty Honeycutt
Kitty Honeycutt marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2012
E. Bard
E. Bard marked it as to-read
E.L.
E.L. marked it as to-read
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Julie Rainey
Julie Rainey marked it as to-read
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Tammy K.
Tammy K. marked it as to-read
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
FreeMrBates
FreeMrBates marked it as to-read
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2012
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2012
Jody French
Jody French marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2012
Melissa Williams
Melissa Williams marked it as to-read
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
George Wani
George Wani marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2012
Jennise Conley, M.Ed., is the founder of the Energy and Sciences Education Initiative, an organization promoting brained-based learning practices with a mission to create and reinvent education programs in homes and at school, all of which are more engaging to children and students. Conley has an undergraduate degree in social science education, a masters degree in educational psychology, and is c ...more
More about Jennise Conley...