Start by marking “Cydni Hazard, Empathic Detective” as Want to Read:
Cydni Hazard, Empathic Detective

Cydni Hazard, Empathic Detective

Twelve-year-old Cydni Hazard wants two things in life: to be able to use her empathic abilities to connect with her deceased mother and to become a professional paranormal detective. In order to get what she wants, she feels she must learn as much as possible from her spiritually gifted Aunt Ettie, all the while keeping her supernatural talents hidden from her skeptical fa ...more
Published July 4th 2012 by L.S. Hullinger (first published February 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Cydni Hazard, Empathic Detective, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cydni Hazard, Empathic Detective

Becca Mills
Jul 01, 2012 Becca Mills rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
L. S. Hullinger's middle-grade paranormal mystery is a great read. The book features Cydni Hazard, a 12-year-old empath who likes to solve the mysteries associated with some of the empathic connections she makes to the dead. Cydni's mother died when she was very young, but her aunt, Ettie, is a major female figure in her life. This book, which I hope is the first in a series, takes place in Ettie's home town of Blue Star, Texas, where Cydni stays for a week while her father is at a convention. C ...more
Lisa
Aug 18, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it
Cydni Hazard, Empathic Detective is a novel geared toward the middle-grade age group, roughly ages 9-12. It touches on topics of being different, something I am sure any preteen could relate to and embrace and understand.

The story was well written and the characteristics were realistic. As a parent, I could easily picture Cydni as someone that my 9 year old could relate to and understand.

While using the realm of the supernatural, the author touches on topics of being different and growing up,
Donna
Jul 06, 2012 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A paranormal detective story. Written for middle grade students.

This is a wonderful story. The main character is Cyndi Hazard. She is only 12 years old. She has an empathic gift. (or curse). An empath is someone who can feel the emotions of others. As with most paranormal beings, Cyndi does have an animal guide, her's is a cat. Cats help her along the way while utilizing her 'gift'.

Cyndi is a perfect main character. Outside of her empathic abilities, she is a normal 12 year old kid. She is lika
Heather
Jul 12, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing
This is such a great book! I love the sense of adventure throughout it. When you are a kid you try and come up with these mysteries and wish you could discover some amazing secret and Cydni actually does it! It's every kids' dream.
As a parent, I would feel very comfortabl to know my daughter is reading something like this. It's an uplifting book and something I would not have to worry about foul language or any misinterpretations.
Cydni Hazard is the new Nancy Drew if you ask me!
Charity
Sep 23, 2012 Charity rated it liked it
REVIEW BY: Michaela, age 8 years, 3 months

SPOILER ALERT:

At the beginning of this book, Cyndi is traveling to her aunt's house. There is a haunted pond next to her aunt's house and Cyndi starts to get weird messages and clues further into the story. Cyndi eventually moves to Houston. I think that this book is appropriate for 3-6 grade. My favorite part of this book was the ending. I had a rough time getting into the story at first. I give this book 3 out of 5 stars.
Janine
Sep 15, 2012 Janine rated it really liked it
I received this book as a first reads giveaway. I absolutely loved it. So nicely written and adorable characters. I didn't put it down till I was done. Can't wait for my daughter to read it.
Kristina Franken
Kristina Franken rated it it was amazing
Greenthegreat
Greenthegreat rated it liked it
Janine
Janine rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2012
Barbara Butler
Barbara Butler rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2012
Lou Tennant
Lou Tennant rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2013
Valentina
Valentina rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2012
Lottee Omallee
Lottee Omallee rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2015
Monaliz
Monaliz marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2012
Swarnima Singh
Swarnima Singh marked it as to-read
Silvia
Silvia marked it as to-read
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2012
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2012
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2012
Jordyn
Jordyn marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
Jessica Buike
Jessica Buike marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2012
Danielle Joy
Danielle Joy marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2012
Deja
Deja marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2012
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2012
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2012
Geri
Geri marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2012
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2012
Carole
Carole marked it as to-read
Meridy Jenkins
Meridy Jenkins marked it as to-read
LeeAnne
LeeAnne marked it as to-read
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Alina Vincent
Alina Vincent marked it as to-read
Megan Hernandez
Megan Hernandez marked it as to-read
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Kristen N.
Kristen N. marked it as to-read
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Malyssa Latta
Malyssa Latta marked it as to-read
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Sanchi
Sanchi marked it as to-read