Skip Beat!, Vol. 31

Skip Beat!, Vol. 31 (Skip Beat! #31)

4.61 of 5 stars 4.61  ·  rating details  ·  875 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Kyoko Mogami followed her true love Sho to Tokyo to support him while he made it big as an idol. But he's casting her out now that he's famous! Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!
184 pages
Published (first published 2013)

Penny
I fell in love with this manga immediately.
It drew me in and kept me there. Sadly to say i have been reading it from the internet and hate to wait in between chapters.
I've also been watching it's anime and I've seen the first episode of the TV show extravagant challenge based on this manga.
But nothing beats the manga because it has all the extra details that are not shown elsewhere.

I'm writing this review for all of the volumes of Skip Beat because i tend to read them all together. I enjoy Ky...more
Sara
Hahaha I always rate the funny volumes higher than the purely dramatic volumes. Yashiro-san's reactions to Kijima's provocations of Ren are just too good not to warrant their own star. Plus, I want Ren provoked. He needs to step up his game. Well, he doesn't need to- I want him to. Also, Shou's monkey butt is up to something... And he's always very amusing. :-)
Mona
Cannot wait for the next chapters! Find it online at Mangahere.com. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO amazing!
Online Eccentric Librarian
Nakamura's unique blend of outrageous humor and heart pulling angst continues in Volume 31 as we continue the Breath of Darkness story arc.

In this volume, the battle of Kuon/Ren personalities are explored and Kyoko begins to realize that the darkness driving Ren likely has to do with a serious event in the past. At the same time, taunts from co-actor Murasame further Ren's descent into his own personal hell and push him to a dangerous act. Only Kyoko's voice helps save Tsurga and find the balanc...more
Huiwen
Oh god... Finished 31 volumes of this in 2 days... Amazing series... and very funny, and there's so much to cover...Amazing. Don't know why I didn't start reading this earlier :P
Rach
Give me a volume about Ren and Kyoko, and I'll be a happy camper. I glad that we are slowing getting to know more about Ren's past (along with Kyoko), and just wish we could know it faster, but in the end, it means more if Kyoko helps Ren figure out how to move on past his past. It's also nice to get some clarity from the President on why he assigned Kyoko to help Ren: Yes, he thinks Kyoko is perhaps the only person who can stop Ren from going off the deep end as he accesses his past for this ro...more
Tammy Smith
Well, the action is really intensifying. Ren is deep into his character, Cain Heel. The character he plays as Cain Heel is a blood thirsty demon, wild and uncontrollable. But the deeper he gets into the character playing the character, the closer he is getting to the secrets of his past and he is in danger of losing himself completely.

This volume opens with Ren as Cain standing over a ledge with Murasame in a choke hold. Murasame can't breathe and he decides if he is going to die, he's going to...more
Jean
This review is for the English translation I read this week. It fills in the gaps for me with the vocabulary I couldn't understand in the Japanese version.

Ren's dark side rears its ugly head on the set of Cain's movie. It comes to a huge shock to Kyouko but she helps Ren through this episode. Unfortunately, Ren withdraws into his faux charming personae leaving Kyouko wondering what is going on. She ends up spending her entire school day wondering what caused Ren to lose control as she is sure i...more
Holly Letson
Much as I love Kyoko (in any of her "forms"), I am not liking Ren in his "Cain Heel" form all that much. I especially didn't like when he got so into this "role" that he almost killed a guy, and then, almost everyone seemed to just write it off without a worry. Hopefully, we're not stuck with much more of such behavior from him.
Kyoko, however, even in her dreadful Heel sister "role", does worry about him. Hopefully, she can change him, and free him from the "him" inside himself that he truly f...more
Rajab Al-mukarrom
nggak pernah ngecewain cerita tiap serinya.
dan yang lebih senangnya lagi, perlahan Kyoko bisa mulai mencari tahu latar belakang Ren yang suram bin kelam itu.
Mariko
aaaa... I love the way Ren jealous when it's come someting about Kyoko...
Spring Holbrook
Another "middle" type of volume. Nothing really major happens. Sometimes the slow pace of this manga tempts me to skip a few volumes and then read them all at once.

Kyoko is slowly figuring out the thing Ren doesn't want her to know about him. It also looks like maybe another Kyoko/Sho face to face showdown may happen soon. I've been enjoying the sort of frenemy status Sho seems to have, especially since he won't admit his jealousy stems from his feelings.

It does not seem like this manga will end...more
Because_I'm_Batman
This was wonderful. I love the skip Beat series and this addition didn't disappoint hilarious, witty, and sweet Skip BEat continues to be one of my favorite mangas!
Jeffrey
By shifting her focus back to Kyoko from Ren, Yoshiki Nakamura has renewed my faith in her work in a great volume of my guiltiest pleasure. Having spent the past few volumes on the Cain Heel arc, we move away from that action to Kyoko's personal life outside of Setsu and are able to breathe. Especially welcome is another appearance by Sho, who livens up any scenario he's in.

Can't wait for the next volume.
Ashleigh
I'm impressed by the way most characters in this series never fully disappear. Bo and Mimori--for example. It's the same way with subplots, just when you think, "Geez, Kyoko hasn't been to school forever..." that's where she'll turn up next. After growing up watching Sabrina, where main characters often disappeared with little to know explanation, *cough*Dreama*cough*, it's nice for the cast to keep growing and to catch up with characters who have been around since the beginning.
Miss
shaaaaaaaame president. dishonor on you and your household. how dare you manipulate kyoko into a dangerous situation she doesn't understand just because you think it'll benefit ren? informed consent you jerk!

gosh i hope this storyline wraps up soon, it's not doing the story any favours. i want my literal laugh out loud skip beat back. 3 star
Morgan
Good stuff. Moving onto the next volume. Looking forward to finishing this collection.
Amy Gideon
Not a very good installment. The last third of the book was especially bad and just boring.

For my full series review on volumes 1-31 please visit http://perksofbeinganotakuwallflower....
Kate
The angsty Ren arc needs to wrap up soon. I don't read Skip Beat! to explore Ren's inner demons; I read it for Kyoko and the humor, both of which are suffering under the emo-ness of the story right now.
Emma
This manga is really dragging on. Volume 31 and Kyoko and Ren still aren't together. The plot is just really starting to drag, and I wish the series could wrap it up faster.
Starry
Nameh dah
El problema del teléfono y el comienzo del colapso de nuestra protagonista. No pasa mucho en el tomo, pero es el inicio de lo que será la tormenta.
Angela (:
I still can't get over how unproportional the bodies are drawn. The face is tiny and the body is HUGE.
Kristin
Story: 5
Artwork: 5
Satisfaction: 5

In which Ren loses himself in BJ and Kyoko ponders Ren
Angi
sehr gute zeichnungen und endlich etwas action zwischen den hauptcharakteren ;)
Doremili
aunque pareciera que sr esta estancando. de repente pum! una sorpresa
La Solution de Céline
Ohhhh I'm so curious about Ren! :)
Taniell
Amazing book!!!! Love it!!!!
Kristi
loved it!
  • The One, Volume 2
  • アオハライド 6 (Ao Haru Ride, #6)
  • Love so Life, Vol. 3 (Love so Life, #3)
  • Goong, Palace Story, Volume 8
  • Oresama Teacher , Vol. 3
  • 電撃デイジー 12
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 16 (Maid-sama!, #16)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 23 (Hana-Kimi, #23)
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 5
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 09
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 17
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 29 (The Wallflower, #29)
Yoshiki Nakamura (仲村佳樹) is a Japanese mangaka. She was born June 17. Nakamura made her manga debut with "Yume de Auyori Suteki" in the manga magazine Hana to Yume in 1993.
More about Yoshiki Nakamura...
Skip Beat!, Vol. 01 Skip Beat!, Vol. 02 Skip Beat!, Vol. 12 (Skip Beat!, #12) Skip Beat!, Vol. 06 Skip Beat!, Vol. 21