Start by marking “Skip Beat!, Vol. 31” as Want to Read:
Skip Beat!, Vol. 31

Skip Beat!, Vol. 31 (Skip Beat! #31)

4.61 of 5 stars 4.61  ·  rating details  ·  1,474 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Kyoko Mogami followed her true love Sho to Tokyo to support him while he made it big as an idol. But he's casting her out now that he's famous! Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!
184 pages
Published September 20th 2012 (first published October 17th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Skip Beat!, Vol. 31, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skip Beat!, Vol. 31

Penny
I fell in love with this manga immediately.
It drew me in and kept me there. Sadly to say i have been reading it from the internet and hate to wait in between chapters.
I've also been watching it's anime and I've seen the first episode of the TV show extravagant challenge based on this manga.
But nothing beats the manga because it has all the extra details that are not shown elsewhere.

I'm writing this review for all of the volumes of Skip Beat because i tend to read them all together. I enjoy Ky
Sara
Hahaha I always rate the funny volumes higher than the purely dramatic volumes. Yashiro-san's reactions to Kijima's provocations of Ren are just too good not to warrant their own star. Plus, I want Ren provoked. He needs to step up his game. Well, he doesn't need to- I want him to. Also, Shou's monkey butt is up to something... And he's always very amusing. :-)
ஐ฿υκєτஐ
Fuwa gitme o okula karıştırma ortalığı uslu uslu işine bak beeeee.

Kıskanç panda Ren:)

Eşşekler tepsin seni kyoko.Herkes anladı da bi sen anlamadın lan Ren'in sana aşık olduğunu.Ama kafana dank ettiği bölümlere az kaldı umutla bekliyorum böyle sindire sindire türkçesinden okuyacağım bir kerede senin o hallerini:)
Huiwen
Oh god... Finished 31 volumes of this in 2 days... Amazing series... and very funny, and there's so much to cover...Amazing. Don't know why I didn't start reading this earlier :P
Mona
Cannot wait for the next chapters! Find it online at Mangahere.com. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO amazing!
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Nakamura's unique blend of outrageous humor and heart pulling angst continues in Volume 31 as we continue the Breath of Darkness story arc.

In this volume, the battle of Kuon/Ren personalities are explored and Kyoko begins to realize that the darkness driving Ren likely has to do with a serious event in the past. At the same time, taunts from co-actor Murasame further Ren's descent into his own personal hell and push him
Starbubbles
I still love this series, but I miss the humor that it had in the beginning. I'm looking forward to seeing how it could come back.
Sol  Gonzalez
Aunque la historia sigue sin avanzar rápidamente y la filmación sigue en el mismo estado, este volumen ha sido precioso.

Aunque seguimos viendo la oscuridad del corazón de Tsuruga, por un momento nos tomamos un respiro y volvemos a ver a ambos como son, otra vez en sus personajes normales. Lo mejor de todo fueron los inesperados momentos en que las cosas se volteaban de cabeza, porque mientras estos dos siguen juntos, el mundo puede venirse de cabeza... pero ya no hay otro drama. Una vez que ambo
Jamie
This series is starting to take a darker route. The summary concept: "A bestselling romantic comedy!" is not so accurate on the comedic side. While there is some humor, is is less a focus than past volumes. This really sets the stage for a more mature plotline.

Ren is struggling with his role as Cain. Flashbacks of his time in America torment him. Yet lucky for him, Kyoko is there for him. She still is oblivious to the depth of his despair but she knows things are not right. She is also beginning
Rach
Give me a volume about Ren and Kyoko, and I'll be a happy camper. I glad that we are slowing getting to know more about Ren's past (along with Kyoko), and just wish we could know it faster, but in the end, it means more if Kyoko helps Ren figure out how to move on past his past. It's also nice to get some clarity from the President on why he assigned Kyoko to help Ren: Yes, he thinks Kyoko is perhaps the only person who can stop Ren from going off the deep end as he accesses his past for this ro ...more
Tammy Smith
Well, the action is really intensifying. Ren is deep into his character, Cain Heel. The character he plays as Cain Heel is a blood thirsty demon, wild and uncontrollable. But the deeper he gets into the character playing the character, the closer he is getting to the secrets of his past and he is in danger of losing himself completely.

This volume opens with Ren as Cain standing over a ledge with Murasame in a choke hold. Murasame can't breathe and he decides if he is going to die, he's going to
Jean
This review is for the English translation I read this week. It fills in the gaps for me with the vocabulary I couldn't understand in the Japanese version.

Ren's dark side rears its ugly head on the set of Cain's movie. It comes to a huge shock to Kyouko but she helps Ren through this episode. Unfortunately, Ren withdraws into his faux charming personae leaving Kyouko wondering what is going on. She ends up spending her entire school day wondering what caused Ren to lose control as she is sure i
Lauren
This was such a hilarious series! Kyoko was such a quirky character and was always doing stuff to get into trouble. I liked the transformation of her character throughout the series and how she found out that instead of having to rely on a boy she could make it on her own. There was a love triangle that I also enjoyed very much.
Holly Letson
Much as I love Kyoko (in any of her "forms"), I am not liking Ren in his "Cain Heel" form all that much. I especially didn't like when he got so into this "role" that he almost killed a guy, and then, almost everyone seemed to just write it off without a worry. Hopefully, we're not stuck with much more of such behavior from him.
Kyoko, however, even in her dreadful Heel sister "role", does worry about him. Hopefully, she can change him, and free him from the "him" inside himself that he truly f
Kristen
Awww yeah! Getting some comedy back. I enjoy this SO much more when they're not in the Heel Sibling characters. Can't wait to see what Sho's gonna do in the next vol.
Lubnaa
2.5/5

Meh. Nothing big happened in this volume and I'm kind of getting tired of this whole Cain Heel thing.
M. Rajab Al-mukarrom
nggak pernah ngecewain cerita tiap serinya.
dan yang lebih senangnya lagi, perlahan Kyoko bisa mulai mencari tahu latar belakang Ren yang suram bin kelam itu.
Spring Holbrook
Another "middle" type of volume. Nothing really major happens. Sometimes the slow pace of this manga tempts me to skip a few volumes and then read them all at once.

Kyoko is slowly figuring out the thing Ren doesn't want her to know about him. It also looks like maybe another Kyoko/Sho face to face showdown may happen soon. I've been enjoying the sort of frenemy status Sho seems to have, especially since he won't admit his jealousy stems from his feelings.

It does not seem like this manga will end
Rebecca Sneade
so good I love this series!!!
Oumaïma
Great great volume <3
Can't wait to read the other one :)
Because_I'm_Batman
This was wonderful. I love the skip Beat series and this addition didn't disappoint hilarious, witty, and sweet Skip BEat continues to be one of my favorite mangas!
Jeffrey
By shifting her focus back to Kyoko from Ren, Yoshiki Nakamura has renewed my faith in her work in a great volume of my guiltiest pleasure. Having spent the past few volumes on the Cain Heel arc, we move away from that action to Kyoko's personal life outside of Setsu and are able to breathe. Especially welcome is another appearance by Sho, who livens up any scenario he's in.

Can't wait for the next volume.
Ashleigh
I'm impressed by the way most characters in this series never fully disappear. Bo and Mimori--for example. It's the same way with subplots, just when you think, "Geez, Kyoko hasn't been to school forever..." that's where she'll turn up next. After growing up watching Sabrina, where main characters often disappeared with little to know explanation, *cough*Dreama*cough*, it's nice for the cast to keep growing and to catch up with characters who have been around since the beginning.
Vildan
Geldi yine meymenetsiz,Sho gözüktüyse kesin bir şeyler olucak ki olucak(ortalığı karıştırmadan duramıyor şu) Sho yetmiyomuş gibi bir de Kijima olayları( mesaj atmak filan nedir ya bir de renkli, kendi gel Kyoko :D) dellendirdiler Ren'i :D Yoshiroyla aynı tepkileri veriyorum bütün manga boyunca :D Manga dönüm noktasına girde yanlış hatırlamıyorsam bu cilt'den sonra peşpeşe güncele kadar hep ''olaylar olaylar'' gelişicek mangada :D
Miss
shaaaaaaaame president. dishonor on you and your household. how dare you manipulate kyoko into a dangerous situation she doesn't understand just because you think it'll benefit ren? informed consent you jerk!

gosh i hope this storyline wraps up soon, it's not doing the story any favours. i want my literal laugh out loud skip beat back. 3 star
Morgan
Good stuff. Moving onto the next volume. Looking forward to finishing this collection.
Yuzuki Yaya
Aquí es donde las cosas se ponen mas... INTERESANTES.. de lo que ya es en si la trama.
Amy Gideon
Not a very good installment. The last third of the book was especially bad and just boring.

For my full series review on volumes 1-31 please visit http://perksofbeinganotakuwallflower....
Becca
Hehe. I like this.
Kate
The angsty Ren arc needs to wrap up soon. I don't read Skip Beat! to explore Ren's inner demons; I read it for Kyoko and the humor, both of which are suffering under the emo-ness of the story right now.
  • The One, Volume #9
  • L-DK, Vol. 02
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 15 (Hana-Kimi, #15)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16 (Ouran High School Host Club, #16)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 13 (Maid Sama! #13)
  • The Wallflower, Vol.31 (The Wallflower, #31)
  • Goong: Palace Story Vol.4 (Goong #4)
  • Love so Life, Vol. 2 (Love so Life, #2)
Yoshiki Nakamura (仲村佳樹) is a Japanese mangaka. She was born June 17. Nakamura made her manga debut with "Yume de Auyori Suteki" in the manga magazine Hana to Yume in 1993.
More about Yoshiki Nakamura...

Skip Beat! (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 01
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 07
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 08
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 09
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 10
Skip Beat!, Vol. 01 Skip Beat!, Vol. 02 Skip Beat!, Vol. 12 Skip Beat!, Vol. 06 Skip Beat!, Vol. 04