Start by marking “Silk Road (Seals of Destiny, #1)” as Want to Read:
Silk Road (Seals of Destiny, #1)

Silk Road (Seals of Destiny #1)

The Silk Road. In ancient times it was a well-established trade route that began in China. But to Larien, it is the veiled entrance to the underworld where no human belongs.

* * * * *

Jayla Protegenu is as typical as they come. She owns a chain of gyms in the San Francisco Bay Area, enjoys popcorn-and-movie night with her two best friends and writes for her local paper. But
Published July 17th 2012 by BENT WEST INC. (first published July 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Silk Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silk Road

Ursula
Jul 09, 2012 Ursula rated it it was amazing

* * * * *

Every rogue longs for a second chance, right? Wrong. Larien, former angel of The Host is not looking for redemption. What he needs hasn’t been seen in millennia but he’ll search the ends of the Earth to find it – from the hills of San Francisco all the way to…the Silk Road.

Jayla Protegenu learned as a child to call her protectors to keep at bay the things that
Cee VeeDee
Jul 12, 2012 Cee VeeDee rated it it was amazing
OK- I finally have time to update this review. I am a very harsh critic of mythology- it is what one of my degrees is in. So let me put that out there before I go on to say that this author REALLY captivated me with her take on Angels, the known mythology surrounding them and moving it into a whole new level for me!
This book lacked ... NOTHING! The characters are complex and wonderful. The story finds you falling down into a rabbit hole much Alice did to have her adventures in Wonderland and you
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Jul 20, 2012 Kelly % Books-n-Kisses rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the world that TJ has created. Love Jayla & Larien.

Full Review:

Silk Road is a mix of mythology, fallen angels, demons and magic. We find a little bit of just about everything going on in this story. But TJ does a great job of blending them all together. While keeping us on our toes and I really enjoyed the main characters Larien & Jayla.

Larien, the dark brooding fallen angel who has sworn off love, humans and will just about everyone. He has been tasked to help a human find an an
Benita Vehnom  Ruiz
The first Descendant in millennia with the power to use an ancient artifact is being hunted. By the good, the bad…and the worst. Dun Dun Duuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnn ...

Silk Road caught my attention from the very beginning. Hello Sexy fallen Angel who's a badass yes please!!!! T.J Michaels did an amazing job creating a world full with Demons, Angels and everything in between. I love her view on the whole Fallen Angels mythology. While reading this book I thought I knew what was going to happen, but
Annie Slasher (Booked & Loaded)
Silk Road by T.J. Michaels was an extremely original take on angels, demons, and everything in between. It is the first installment of the Seals of Destiny series. I must say that historically I do not prefer angels..what can I say? I am a very bad girl! After this book…maybe I will rethink this preference. T.J. Michales defined her characters with such clarity I could easily picture them in my mind and it was a lovely sight!

“Larien stood not five feet from her. And he was just as darkly beautif
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty and Slick's Two-fer review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Kitty's Review - 4 Stars
T.J. Michaels totally opened my eyes to a whole new world of Fallen Angels. Strong, sexy, loving, mean and just plain irritating. Silk Roads was written with many facets to it. Ms. Michaels brings us Larien and Jayla in the first installment of “The Seals of Destiny” series and I so look forward to see where everything is going.

This is Larien and Jayla’s story but there were so many other characters introduced in
Tara Clegg
Jul 15, 2012 Tara Clegg rated it it was amazing
I think I was destined to love Silk Road from the very start because it was about my favorite theme- angels. And, these weren't just any angels. They were good, bad and everything in between. I was riveted from the very first page and I stayed that way until I finished the book many hours later. Silk Road was an excellent start to a promising new series and I can't wait to meet the next "seal of destiny".
Drmgrl99
Jul 20, 2012 Drmgrl99 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book - perfect blend of intrigue, romance, mythology, and action.
Full review to come
Mnix
Jul 20, 2014 Mnix rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Larien is a fallen angel assigned the task to help a human find an ancient relic that only her power can call upon. Larien’s goal is to quickly complete the duty at hand so he can get away from humans and more importantly live in peace away from everyone. That is until he comes face-to-face with the beautiful and alluring Jayla Protegenu. Now, his vow to avoid love at all cost has flown out the window because of his desiring need to claim Jayla, a human nonetheless, as his mate.

Jayla Protegenu h
Jamie
Sep 27, 2012 Jamie rated it really liked it
I met this amazing author at AAD Summer Camp. & just by talking to her, I had to read this book. The characters are awesome. And the storyline is incredible. It's about fallen angels and the description she gave about the angels falling, I felt like I was there.
Jeannie Platt
Jul 28, 2016 Jeannie Platt rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. T.J Micheals always has edgy strong woman with men who complement them perfectly and this book was no disappointment.

Larien and Jayla are wonderful together and have the perfect amount of push and pull...add in biblical adventure with a touch of paranormal, urban, historical, and a thought provoking storyline and you have Silk Road.

I seriously hope that Ms. Micheals continues Larien and Jayla's quest for more Seals because in my heart of hearts I hope the story doesn't end wit
LolaLovesBooks
Sep 29, 2012 LolaLovesBooks added it
Recommends it for: Fallen angel lovers
Recommended to LolaLovesBooks by: Drmgrl99
Review coming soon!
Nicky
Mar 31, 2013 Nicky rated it liked it
This was about angels and demons and everything in between. That kind of freaked me out. But the story was pretty good. The love scenes were pretty steamy. But it was hard to follow at times.
Tanisha
Tanisha marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
A
A marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Kelli Robinson
Kelli Robinson marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Calla Dubois
Calla Dubois marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Rani
Rani marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Donna Backshall
Donna Backshall marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
La'tia Leapline
La'tia Leapline marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Nekeeva
Nekeeva marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Pure Textuality
Pure Textuality marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Brianna E
Brianna E rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
Julia Brooks
Julia Brooks rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2015
Ladystyx
Ladystyx marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Genelle
Genelle marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Patricia Terry
Patricia Terry rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
TJ is a USA Today and NY Times bestseller, as well as a award-winning author of several romance genres, including paranormal, fantasy, sci-fi and urban fantasy romance.

No matter the genre TJ is penning, her favorite thing to do is build worlds. To take you somewhere extraordinary. To transport you to a place where you can close your eyes and slip into your fantasy...
More about T.J. Michaels...