Start by marking “Beauty and the Sheikh (A is for Alpha, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Sheikh (A is for Alpha, #1)

Beauty and the Sheikh (A is for Alpha #1)

Indulge your fantasies with these steamy, contemporary romances about sexy, billionaire alpha males, and the women who capture their hearts.

His price is her innocence…

Holly Winchester is desperate. With her brother facing theft charges and a potential prison sentence in a foreign country, she seeks help from the one man she knows can give it. But will the ruthless, billion
ebook
Published May 21st 2012 by self published - Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and the Sheikh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty and the Sheikh

Lover Awakened by J.R. WardDark Lover by J.R. WardLover Unbound by J.R. WardLover Avenged by J.R. WardLover Mine by J.R. Ward
SCARS ARE SEXY- Books with imperfect/disfigured/disabled heroes
447th out of 1,479 books — 1,895 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesEasy by Tammara WebberFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesEveryone Burns by John Dolan
Re-Read Lovers
362nd out of 838 books — 458 voters

More lists with this book...

Lady Raven RAVE!
Length: 3124
Story: GREAT
Enjoyment: GREAT
Intimacy Level: SWEET/ GOOD

THOUGHTS

I enjoyed this story immensely. I felt in the mood for a sheikh romance when I came across this book and it delivered. The . 5 star added to my rating might seem a bit extra, but the story and its characters, brought me back to the moment I started reading romance novels from the harlequin presents and loveswept lines. The story in some ways seems basic and simple, but it has a feel like a bit of a throwback to
Shannon Gorilla McGee Winston
I liked this, I really did. I was pleasantly surprised considering that I usually try to stay away from kings, princes and sheikhs. As a matter of fact, this was my very first Sheikh romance.

The reason this didn't get a higher rating from me is that, the uber-rich guy hero (especially royalty) is probably my least favorite or next-to-least favorite hero. This also read like one of the Harlequin category romances I cut my teeth on in my teens.

But despite the lack of originality, I thought it wa
Sheryl
Jul 12, 2012 Sheryl rated it it was amazing
Under normal circumstances, i stay FAR AWAY from books featuring sheikhs because lets face it, if you've read one, you've read them all, BUT something about the blurb of this book drew me and i picked it up to read and i could not put it down! And when i finished reading it, i realised why i LOVED it so much; THIS BOOK was what i had been looking for EVERYTIME i picked up a Harlequin or Mills and Boon; it had a really good, fleshed out story with lots of emotion! I must admit, Rafiq REALLY did ...more
Jenny
Mar 04, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 stars!

What a great read! This was my first Shelli Stevens book but it sure won't be my last. I usually stay FAR AWAY from books featuring sheikhs but I am so glad I gave this a chance.

The story begins when Holly arrives in Rafiq's kingdom and pleads with him to save her brother from a potential prison sentence. Holly and the hero have a past, a short affair that ended when Rafiq wrongly suspected Holly who was then a famous model was prostituting herself to have a great career. The hero acce
Elle
Aug 05, 2012 Elle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, cont-rom
5 stars

It was a light romance which I enjoyed.

Both hero and heroine had troubles. Rafiq is a king who ruled a country afraid to love and fondness because for him, enemies would use it to threat and to harm that would lead to death. That was what happened to his parents. He wouldn't wish it to happen again to him and to someone he loved but love he couldn't run away.

He met Holly before, he chased her away and now he have her again, he fell in love with her. Holly needed his help to save her brot
Amanda Sheila
I love it! This time the hero with insecurities! And the cover? Oh my freakin' God, he's grabbing the boobs! Boobs! Hahahaha.
Anyway, I read the second book first so I can't help but comparing. I like the second book more because, I don't know. The idea of a guy forcing a girl to "be his", hurt her feelin' a little bit and then regret it always amuse me. And the good one is kind of hard to find. I mean, I own tons of "romantically forced" books (haven't read it yet though) but most of them are s
Tia
Jul 28, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
I thought it was a pretty damn great novel. At first I wasn't too sure but the fact remains Shelli Stevens is an amazing writer, no matter what genre of books she creates. I love the sheikh books and this one was no exception. Although I would of liked to see more of their past interaction with eacg other from two years prior.
Elaine
Jul 29, 2015 Elaine rated it liked it
Was it a unique story line? No. Did I still enjoy it? Yes. Was it better than most other romances? No, very similar.
The Smutty Kitty
Jul 28, 2012 The Smutty Kitty rated it really liked it
As posted on The Smutty Kitty

4 out of 5 Licks

In Beauty and The Sheikh we meet Sheikh Rafiq and Holly. At first I wasn’t really sure if I liked Rafiq or not. He’s a class A ass hole before he starts to let his guard down a bit. He heard part of a terrible conversation 2 years ago and branded Holly a slut and never gave her a chance to explain. Now don’t get me wrong I tend to like ass holes in my books it just took me quite some time to warm up to him. I was a little frustrated with Holly because
Miss Echa
Nov 07, 2012 Miss Echa rated it really liked it
Kenapa pengen baca ini???
Sebenarnya simple... Aq lg suka sm hero yang Bertema padang pasir gini... Liat deh covernya... Gak mgkin gak tertarik... Ceweknya cantik banget belom lagi tangannya si cowok weewww...

Ceritanya ini dimulai Holly yang minta bantuan si Rafiq sang sheikh kaya raya... Selain jd penguasa dia juga pengusaha... salah satunya casino, nak abg si holly ini ketahuan curang dan dimasukkin kepenjara...
Si Holly yg sblumnya pernah dekat dan kenal sm Rafiq mw minta tolong bebasin abgnya
Sandy
A quick, sexy retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Holly Winchester, a former model, travels to Raljahar to beg Sheikh Rafiq al Hakimi to release her brother from jail. Holly had met Rafiq two years ago and they had a brief somewhat-affair which ended badly. Rafiq never really forgot Holly, and strikes a deal - she'll stay and pose as his mistress for 3 months in exchange for the release of her brother. Rafiq is a serious, taciturn man whose face was scarred in an attack on his family 10 years ...more
Melissa Maxwell
Aug 03, 2012 Melissa Maxwell rated it it was amazing
I read this book after the second one which is fine because none of the characters interact. Holly and Rafiq have a past, a brief weekend of flirting and almosts. Three years later, Holly is pleading with Rafiq to release her brother from prison. He will if she becomes his mistress. She reluctantly agree to appearing as his mistress for three months but no sex. Rafiq believes she used sex as a model to get to the top which was not true. She at twenty four is still a virgin which he finds out ...more
Michelle
Aug 24, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love Sheikh stories. Years ago Holly met and fell for Sheikh Rafiq but after a misunderstanding, model Holly heads home to the US and her career ends. Now two years later she knows that Rafiq is the only person that can help her brother. Rafiq knew that Holly could never have any interest in him without an ulterior motive and he knows that this is his chance to get revenge. As they spend more and more time together they slowly realize that their feelings are getting stronger, but ...more
Djg
Jan 07, 2015 Djg rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free, guilty-pleasure
Happy to say I liked it as a guilty pleasure (the last book by this author I read really turned me off so pleasantly surprised).

Rafiq the Sheika of Raljahar fell for American model Holly two years ago, but overhearing a conversation between her and her manager broke his heart and left him bitter.

Now she's back and needs his help to save her brother, his price? She must become his mistress.

Predictable and started out shaky but it improved as the story went along. So, I enjoyed it.
Jo Smith
Oct 23, 2014 Jo Smith rated it really liked it
As usual Shelli Stevens creates another spellbinding book that is unputdownable. The characters are strong & passionate facing a bumpy ride of a relationship. This story touches you on several levels, two orphaned people from different cultures meet but due to a misunderstanding parted on bad terms. Meeting up a few years later they have faced different hardships & coming together again guarantees some fireworks, heated conversations & a lot ofgood hanky lanky
Pperu
May 27, 2013 Pperu rated it it was amazing
I absolutely enjoyed this book! I can feel the emotions and insecurity coming from Holly and also feel the pain and fear that Rafiq had. This book was intriguing and a very sweet read. Love the storyline and characters. Though I wished it was a 3 part series or so, and the act of lovemaking between them would be more descriptive. But overall, this was an amazing story. A nice read during a stormy rainy cold night!
adelina.
Feb 12, 2013 adelina. rated it really liked it
Sweet tale about two lost lovers, who finally found they way back to each other.

Favorite;
"She grinned and slid her hands over his solid chest beneath his robe, the relief and joy so overwhelming she was shocked to feel the familiar stirrings of hunger. “And maybe we should get started on that mother-of-your-children part immediately.”
Rafiq groaned. “I love the way you think.”"
April
Aug 10, 2014 April rated it liked it
A very cute and entertaining story. Holly was a model when she met the sheikh.After misunderstandings they go there separate ways. A few years later holly has no choice but to beg his help with a problem. The sheikh with anger and malice makes her a bargain, be his mistress for 3 months or he will not help.
Allison Gill
Aug 10, 2014 Allison Gill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Holly needs to help her brother, and the only person who can get him out of trouble is the Sheik Rafiq al Hakimi, who Holly had a miss understanding with two years ago. When he finds out she has been trying to break in to see him, he has to deal with the past and how it will affect the future. This was a very easy book to read. Smooth writing and lovable characters with a bitch or two thrown in.
RebeccaL
Oct 18, 2014 RebeccaL rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014-read
The story has a HP feel but I somehow can't connect to the characters very much. i possibly have read too many of this kind of story and getting hard to understand why hero always think not committed to the relationship can protect the heroine while living together but not marry is ok and safe enough?
twelvejan [Alexandria]
He's gonna be my Sheikh fantasy for all future sheikh romance! Weeeeeeeeee

description
Kristi Simonsen
Oct 27, 2014 Kristi Simonsen rated it it was amazing
Another amazing story by Shelli Stevens. This book kept me intrigued the whole way through and I never wanted to put it down. I love the different layers to the characters and how their personalities mesh. You won't be disappointed with this book! Can't wait to read the follow up in the series!
Amy Harrington-iqbal
Feb 21, 2013 Amy Harrington-iqbal rated it it was amazing
What makes a great book? It's the ability of author to bring a story and characters to life. In this book I felt like I was right there with characters, watching everything unfold between them. I can't speak highly enough for this book. It speaks for itself in my opinion.
Connie
Aug 12, 2014 Connie rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Storyline was sweet and romantic making me feel like I was reading a harlequin romance book. With this being said I liked it. Was captivated from the beginning to the end. Loved Holly and Rafiq's interaction which started off a little rocky due to some miscommunications.
Dawn Hurley
Mar 31, 2014 Dawn Hurley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

Sweet

this book has just the right amount of angst and I simply loved it. I didn't stop reading it until I was done. my only problem was she should've has slapped the carp out of him a couple of times, otherwise it was great..
soriya
Mar 17, 2014 soriya rated it really liked it
Although short, this is a really good read. wish the ending was a little different or not too rushed, but I love every moment of this book. Wish it didn't end so soon. :(
100sweet
Mar 18, 2016 100sweet rated it did not like it
DNF @ 44%.

H thought h was a whore when in fact she was a virgin. Boring, boring, boring. I can't even tell you what this book was about.
Heather
Aug 29, 2012 Heather rated it liked it
it was good, but I've liked others with this premise better. this had nothing to do with the quality as it was well written. I just prefer a slightly different dynamic between the main couple.
♔ Marli ♔
Apr 13, 2013 ♔ Marli ♔ rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica-romance
Rafiq and Holly..... a light hearted romance which I enjoyed! Nothing out of the ordinary, thus the 3 star rating..
  • Sheikh with Benefits
  • Hajar's Hidden Legacy
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • Public Wife, Private Mistress (Italian Husbands)
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • The Greek's Virgin
  • The Fallen Greek Bride / At the Greek Boss's Bidding
  • The Russian's Acquisition
  • The Bride Thief
  • Mistaken Identity
  • The Sheik's Virgin Lover (The Sisterhood, #1)
  • Love Conspiracy
  • Zarif's Convenient Queen (The Legacies of Powerful Men, #3)
  • The Sicilian's Christmas Bride
  • Mistress on Loan
  • The Other Brother
Shelli is a New York Times Bestselling Author who read her first romance novel when she snatched it off her mother's bookshelf at the age of eleven. One taste and she was forever hooked. It wasn't until many years later that she decided to pursue writing stories of her own. By then she acknowledged the voices in her head didn't make her crazy, they made her a writer.

Shelli currently lives in the P
More about Shelli Stevens...

A is for Alpha (4 books)
  • The Billionaire's Baby Bargain (A is for Alpha, #2)
  • Taken by the Pirate Billionaire (A is for Alpha, #3)
  • Taught by the Tycoon (A is for Alpha, #4)