Start by marking “The Temptation (Lexi Steele, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Temptation (Lexi Steele, #3)

The Temptation (Lexi Steele #3)

Special Agent Lexi Steele is an operative with RED—the Recovery Enforcement Division, a highly secretive offshoot of the NSA. Her sexy, too-hot-to-handle partner, Nick Donovan, not only ends up in her bed but also gets inside her in a way no man has ever done before.

Lexi and Nick are on the trail of Karl Bachmann, a criminal mastermind who deals in sex slavery. To Lexi’s
ebook
Published July 3rd 2012 by Pink Zebra Publishing L.L.C. (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Temptation

Romance Rating 3 Stars
Heat Rating 3.5 Stars
Action Rating 5 Stars
Overall Rating 5 Stars

I'm so gosh darn happy that I this book was finally released. I read book one in March of 2009, book 2, in August of 2009 and have been left totally hanging until now. I just about gave up hope on book 3 becoming a reality. These book's must be read in order since it is a continuing story so you see this book was very important to me because I absolutely LOVED book on
Alison
Jul 05, 2012 Alison rated it really liked it
A quick read with lots of action and good steamy parts. I was so happy to see Lexi get her HEA with Nick AND see Bacchmann get what was coming to him!
Hope Frost
Jul 04, 2012 Hope Frost rated it it was amazing
Awesome addition to the Lexi Steele series. This booked covered it all. Hot and sexy scenes, action from beginning to the end, bad people posing as good and government twists throughout. I highly recommend.
Kathy Davie
Apr 22, 2013 Kathy Davie rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, erotica, suspense
Third in the Lexi Steele romantic suspense series revolving around Lexi Steele, a guilt-ridden Special Agent in Boston.

My Take
I had been looking forward to reading this, but it didn't take long before I just wanted to gag. It started with that too-easy dramatic bit and how annoying Lexi was with her overweening guilt about the men she killed as a sniper. Oh, woe, I don't deserve to be happy..., but McCray simply didn't want to work on this story, evident with every additional lame cliché from th
E.
Jul 09, 2012 E. rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, suspense
4 1/2 stars.
The Temptation” by Cheyenne McCray is the exciting and sensual long-awaited sequel to the Lexi Steele series begun with “The First Sin” and continued with “The Second Betrayal”. The charismatic couple of Lexi Steele and Nick Donovan are reunited just as Lexi’s life is being threatened and the roller-coaster ride of danger and suspense takes off even as the two struggle with their intimacy issues. The passionate interludes combined with the tension that ratchets up as they get closer
Joan
Feb 11, 2015 Joan rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series a lot and was saddened to reach the last book. I was hoping to read more of Lexi and his sexy brothers especially the new RED agent Ryan. But is it me or did anyone realized that Georgina seems to be missing the action of actually rescuing Rori? She's part of the group that planned the rescue right? And she's the one who discovered that their boss Carter is involved. But how come she did not participate in the actual rescue? She's even missing during Lexi's wedding, to thin ...more
Kameron
Mar 10, 2013 Kameron rated it it was amazing
Even though Nick and Lexi were the main characters of the book, the shining star of this installment had to be Rory, Steele's sister. That girl went from a mouse to a lioness in two seconds flat. Way to go!

I liked the brief moments when Ryan, Lexi's brother, and Georgina were near each other. There was a noticeable connection between them so I'm hoping Cheyenne writes their story next. I'm dying to know why Georgina's eyes were so haunted after she delivered vital intel to the team. Yup, there'
Linda Lonetto
Jul 31, 2012 Linda Lonetto rated it it was amazing
i loved the first 2 in the lexi steele series and have waited a long time for this book. well,you know what they say,all good things... it was well worth the wait.cheyenne has a way with her writing that you feel a part of the plot. i hated the bad guys as much as i rooted for the good ones.tightly written with suspense and well developed charecters, she tied all the loose ends with a big pretty bow. wow,just wow. ladyl
Krista K.
Apr 16, 2013 Krista K. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense
Well this was an utter disappointment. After anxiously waiting to see what happened to Lexi and Nick after the conclusion of the second novel, I could not wait to get my hands on this one. Yet everything felt rushed and weak; I found myself not carrying at all about the characters that I had been so fond of in earlier books, and just trying to reach the end without any enjoyment, just so I could say I finished the series.
Abby Fick
I'm assuming this is the conclusion to the series. I'm disappointed in that I really liked these characters, and the story felt short and rushed. Seemed like McCray was trying to tie everything up so she doesn't have to revisit this series and can concentrate on her other projects. Which is fine, and I will read her other stuff but I felt Lexi Steele deserved a little bit better.
Jill Wilson
Aug 26, 2012 Jill Wilson rated it really liked it
What a fantastic ending to the Lexi Steele series!!! I really loved Lexi and Nick. So happy they got the HEA! I am a huge fan of romance suspense. This series definitely had dark edge to it but I loved every minute of it. It was intense from page one until the end. Loved all 3 books!!
Annette
Jul 11, 2012 Annette rated it it was amazing
Lexi and Nick are back Thank you!
I love it has everything a wonderful story needs Action, Danger and hot sex.
It made me laugh, hold my breath and cry.
So to sum up Cheyenne PLEASE MORE
Tia
Nov 07, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
I waited years for this novel and never read it until now. I just wish there was more coming quicker. I love Lexi Steele!
Marion
Jul 20, 2012 Marion rated it it was amazing
Trade Paperback
Vicki Curtis
Jul 16, 2012 Vicki Curtis rated it really liked it
Loved this series. Cheyenne McCray created 2 strong awesome characters Nick Donovan and Lexi Steele. Lexi is my favorite heroine. Wonderful romance and plot. Total page turners.
Diki79
Jul 10, 2012 Diki79 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Whole series is great , and I hope that we are going to read more about Steel family .
Michelle the Romance Witch
Jul 07, 2012 Michelle the Romance Witch rated it really liked it
What an awesome ending to a very intriguing series. Had no clue going in it would be the end but it was beautiful and full of love passion and had an lovely HEA.
Score another one for Ms. McCray
Donna Crawbuck
Mar 16, 2013 Donna Crawbuck rated it it was amazing
Great ending of the series although I could of used more. I will miss the characters from the last three and a half books.
Season
Jul 10, 2012 Season rated it liked it
I am so glad I finally got to finish this series. it was a good end but I felt it lacking in some aspects.
Kay Daniels
Kay Daniels rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Glover
Glover rated it it was ok
Nov 03, 2015
Tanya
Tanya rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2013
Barbara ★
Much better than the other two books. I actually liked Lexi in this one.
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2012
Amanda Noakes
Amanda Noakes rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Alyssia
Alyssia rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2012
Davina Farmer
Davina Farmer rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2013
Ruth Barnes
Ruth Barnes rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2013
Irene
Irene rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Mammoth Book of Special Ops Romance
  • Real Men Last All Night (includes Lexi Steele, #1.5; Wounded Warriors, #1)
  • Legally Hot (includes: Wounded Warriors #2)
  • Born to Be Wild (Welcome to Paradise, #3)
  • Sheik's Revenge
  • Losing Control
  • Chain Reaction
  • SEALed with a Ring (SEALed, #3)
  • All Or Nothing (The Alpha Brotherhood, #2)
  • Heart Of A Stranger: Soldier Of Fortune / The Tender Stranger
  • Stacked: A 32DDD Reports from the Front
  • Word and Deed (Wordless Chronicles, #2)
  • The Heart of Winter: The Toughest Girl in Town\Resolution\Mystery Lover
  • Intern With The Vampire (Vampire General #1)
  • Mortal Temptations (Mortal, #1)
  • Immaculate Reception (Madeline Bean, #2)
  • Hot Property
  • Sodom and the Phoenix (Virtual Seduction, #2)
Cheyenne McCray is an award winning, New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author who is a rare native Arizonan but refuses to be put behind glass as an endangered species.

In her spare time she loves to torture characters—whether they’re misbehaving or not—and kill off deserving individuals. She also totally gets off on blowing things up. All fictionally, of course. She’d rather chew glass th
More about Cheyenne McCray...

Lexi Steele (3 books)
  • The First Sin (Lexi Steele, #1)
  • The Second Betrayal (Lexi Steele, #2)