Start by marking “Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1)

Ignite (Midnight Fire #1)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  4,242 ratings  ·  333 reviews
Alternate Cover Edition for ASIN B005U8GQT6

With one last look, one final search of the lines of his face for some sign, Kira turned and ran away from the sound of the man she loved laughing in the face of her death.

When Kira Dawson moves to South Carolina, she meets Luke, a blond goofball who quickly becomes her best friend, and Tristan, a mysterious bad boy who sends shiv
Published October 9th 2011 by Amazon Digital Services

Treasure Island by Robert Louis StevensonIgnite by Kaitlyn DavisPrince of Wolves by Quinn LoftisPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenTimeless by Pamela Diane King
Free Young Adult E-Books
2nd out of 123 books — 93 voters
Prince of Wolves by Quinn LoftisBlood Money by Anthony HulseUnEnchanted by Chanda HahnOrange is my favorite color! by Vanguard DirectThe Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen
Free eBooks on iBook
7th out of 126 books — 113 voters

More lists with this book...

Hayden Casey
I'm really glad IGNITE was only $.99, because that's really all it's worth.

The reason I didn't like IGNITE wasn't because of the characters. I didn't care about them that much, but I didn't hate them to infinity and beyond and want to blow all their heads off with an AK-47. It wasn't because of the plot, either. It rolled right along at a decent pace, though much of it was about the romance. It wasn't because of the length -- not too long, not too short.

Then, Hayden, why the heck did it only get
Kira
Mar 22, 2012 Kira marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
For the lulz, my lovely friends. The lulz only.

I'm also intrigued because this book appears to be all about ME. I wonder what shenanigans I get up to?

This just in: Now I have to read this book.
Jen

Why has no one read/reviewed this book yet!?! Oh WOW!
I'm so grateful for Epilogues at the end of books - because Holy COW that was a bad place to end the book – but the Epilogue helped a lot  it’s also a GREAT way to look forward to the next one :) Can't wait now!

This book was awesome! I love the idea! "She was a Superhuman Conduit of Sunlight - a protector against vampires that would otherwise be unstoppable. "

It's awesome to read about - Ok in the beginning we met Kira - she is home now in
Quiana
When I read the synopsis for Ignite by Kaitlyn Davis, I didn’t really know what to expect. A girl involved in a triangle with two boys seems to be the norm for a typical Young Adult book these days, partially due to the popularity of the Twilight movies and books. However, because of the book’s description, I was excited to read about a girl who had powers of her own; a heroine who wouldn’t be the typical damsel in distress, but a young female who could hold her own.

We’re introduced to Kira Daw
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
Thank you to Kaitlyn Davis and the Read It & Reap Review for the opportunity to read this book.

When I first started reading this book I felt like I was reading fanfic of Twilight. We have a new girl at school, a group of misfits that are vampires and a guy friend (protector) who loves her but she only feels like friends with him. It all felt like Twilight.

Then about halfway through the book it took a turn and became it's own story with a new mythology of how vampires came to be. YA is not so
Shelbye
I fell in love with this book!! I love Kira, she's so strong and follows her heart; even though she knows she could get hurt and that it's wrong. She doesn't stand down.
Then there's Luke, he's so sweet and protective. You can tell that he really care's for Kira, and that may be he might like her. He does whatever it takes to protect her and be there for her.
And then there's Tristan, I love him! You know theres something about him but you just can't help to like him. And the way he care's for Ki
Janysa
This waz an awesome book... the romance is great
i <3 tristan. also luke.
idc wat anyone says i think luke has feelings for kira
Sarah Dozor
Awsome. can't wait for the next book...there was a sample at the back and I just wanted more. ;0)
Kristin  Aragon
It's been a while since I have read a really good YA vampire book. They have become so cliche that I often avoid them. Imagine my surprise when I picked up Ignite and fell in love with it by page 17. I emailed Kaitlyn that minute to tell her how much I was enjoying Ignite. At this point, I wasn't even really certain that the book was about vampires but I suspected as much. But hey...these vampires surfed. I loved Kaitlyn's lore surrounding her vampires. It was unique and well thought out.

Kira ma
Kathy Martin
What we have here is a different kind of love triangle. Kira comes to South Carolina to live with her family after years at a boarding school in New York. She has to fit in at a new school and make new friends in a place where she has only spent summers. She is quickly integrated into the group of other newcomers meeting Luke, Emma, Dave and Miles. They become friends but she is also fascinated by a group that her new friends call the Misfits. The Misfits seem equally fascinated by her and begin ...more
I really loved this book! It took me about two days to read, which is fast for me. I loved the characters. Luke was a really funny best friend and Tristan was definitely everything I love in a male lead. Kira was strong, especially with how many twists were thrown at her.

I loved the plot, too! At first, I was doubtful because the first chapter sounded a little been there/done that, but as soon as the new species was introduced, I was totally sold. I loved that there was a focus on action and th
Kim
This book was given to me to read and review. I must say that I was sooooooooo happy that I got on the list in time and was given the opportunity to read this. I loooooooved it! Love the characters!!! The plot is awesome!! Any book that has people fighting for their love and fighting to be together is my kinda book. Loved Kira and Tristan. I must say when I started reading it, it definitely reminded me of Twilight. The more I read it the more I thought so. Especially with Diana. The whole scenar ...more
Justina
Totally enjoyed this book and I think it will be a really good series. Tristan is the bad boy that everyone can't help but love and Kira was a good lead character. Luke as her best friend was also a very strong likable character. I liked the premise of the story and their powers were unique which kept the story fresh. Awesome job.
Megan
As much as I hate it when people compare books to Twilight, I really had no choice with this one. The beginning was so parallel I had to check the title and author several times to confirm it was, indeed, not Twilight. Keep in mind that, even though its similar, there are plenty of differences through the rest of the story. I wouldn't have given it four stars for being Twilight's twin. Here's a little (long) summary of what its about. Pretty much the whole summary is a giant spoiler, so if you w ...more
Sassi
Ignite ist ein typisches Teenager Buch: ein Mädchen mit unerwarteten Kräften , zwei Jungs, einer gut der andere „böse“. Kiras Welt unterscheidet sich von der unseren durch Vampire und deren Gegenstück den „conduits“ (habe das Buch in Englisch gelesen). Ein conduit kann Sonnenlicht bündeln und damit einen Vampir angreifen, diese sind gegen normales Sonnenlicht immun da es zu schwach ist. Es gibt zwei Arten von conduits, die hellblonden können Vampire nur in Verteidigung angreifen diese aber nicht ...more
Katrina
I must say that Kaitlyn has created yes another vampire story but with a twist to the tale, unique and one of a kind.YES ITS DIFFERENT AND I THROUGHLY ENJOYED IT !! I’m a vampire lover, and enjoy any tale that is certainly unlike any other and that grabs and piques my interest. Ignite certainly did this.

I was drawn into the pages of Ignite from the very beginning and read this till the very end. In one sitting - and even read the chapter teaser for book two ;)

I won’t go into the storyline to
Nadège Richards
First and foremost, I've been seeing so much distaste for this book and bad reviews and I literally want to tell these people to SHUT UP! Just shut the hell up!

Ignite is the first of its kind and what some have failed to see is the originality in the plot and story development. If you want an un-whiny high school student, go read an NA novel and eat some cake. YA is YA. So what if the character whines or cries? It just makes her so much more REAL.

So, back to why I loved this book so much.

I picke
D.M. Kilgore
Jan 30, 2014 D.M. Kilgore rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: An Editor
Recommended to D.M. by: Book Bub
A kind of neat story concept. Good cover art on the Kindle edtion. It is in major need of an editor. Definitely has touches of Vampire Diaries and Twilight. It was just... eh. I spent most of my "reading" time shaking my head and wondering why no one hires an editor anymore. I thought English might not be the writer's first language, but after a visit to her Facebook page, realized she has a B.A. in Writing Seminars. It reads more like a middle-school aged girl's attempt at writing a vamp novel, ...more
Cassandra
My first thought of Ignite was that it was going to be another “Twilight” type story. It had the main character moving back homes, going to a new school, a pack of pale misfits who stay to themselves. I was presently surprised when the story changed direction and a new vampire mythology was created. The characters weren’t anything special they just seemed like people. I did like Luke’s character but I have a weakness for protective sweet guys with blonde hair. The story was ended in the most exc ...more
Amber
Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie
3.5 Stars - Left me intrigued enough to want to read the next book. I just have a hard time with insta-love so it was hard to get into it at the beginning.
Hydrogen Carbonate
Periods are your friend, girl! And can we for once have a girl who doesn't have to be the damsel in distress.
Rachel Lightwood

Downloading freebies off of Amazon is a bit of a gamble. You have to learn to ignore the covers and most of the descriptions because you never know what you are going to get. Sometimes you are lucky enough to score a good one such as Play With Me or The Faerie Guardian. There are times though where you get a real dud such as Entangled... or Ignite. Honestly? If I hadn't needed this for a GR challenge I don't know if I would have bothered finishing it.

My problems with this was with Kira.
Amanda
*I received a free copy of this book for review purposes. This review is in no way influenced by the author or by having received this free copy. Its contents are my honest opinion of the book.*

When I started this book, I was intrigued. The prologue foreshadowed a major plot event, which would happen later in the book. After that, though, things went a little downhill for me.

I thought the beginning seemed a lot like Twilight, though it did move away from that. The characters were pretty standard
Cindy Rawlings
I received this book via Shut Up & Read.

Kira comes home from boarding school to attend her senior yearat the local public high school due to finances. She quickly makes friends with the new kid crowd (a whopping 4 other teens) but her eyes are attracted to one very hot misfit. Of course, this attraction has some drawbacks, namely he is a vampire and she is a conduit...a being born to fight off and/or kill vampires. Their instant attraction sets their friends on a path to try and split them u
Sharon
More of my reviews @ www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Ignite was kindly provided to me by the author, Kaitlyn Davis in exchange for my honest opinion and is the first book in the Midnight Fire series.

Ignite follows the story of Kira Dawson who has recently moved home to South Carolina to complete her senior year after attending boarding school in New York and since her father was laid off work. The first person she meets on her first day of school is Luke Bowrey who quickly befriended her; he
Leigh
The word I would use to describe this book is Awesome! The author does an excellent job of developing the characters and the plot. This story hooked my attention and never let it go.

Kira just move to South Carolina from New York where she was attending a boarding school there. First day at her new school she meets Luke who shows her around and introduces her to his friends. They are all relatively new to the school so they know the struggles she will face fitting in. Kira and Luke instantly bond
(I was given this book for free on a read-to-review basis.)
17-year-old Kira has been away at boarding school for several years, but due to financial troubles she now has to complete her senior year at the high school near to her parents’ house.

Starting at her new school, the last thing that Kira expects to have trouble with is vampires. But the gorgeous Tristan is just too good to resist, even if she wanted to.

The trouble is that Tristan is blowing hot and cold, kissing her one minute and runnin
Momma
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This book is billed as "perfect for fans of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, and Buffy The Vampire Slayer" and I can see it. To be honest, at the start of the book I was worried that it would just be like Twilight all the way through, as it starts with a girl moving to a new town, starting a new school and seeing someone she is intrigued by in the school canteen during her first lunch. Once I passed this stage though, I was taken in with the story of Kira, Tristan and Luke, and who and what they a ...more
The Free Book Cha...: Ignite, by Kaitlyn Davis 3 38 Jan 25, 2014 01:54PM
Is Ignite a good book ? 10 39 Jan 14, 2014 09:39AM
Similar to Twilight? ¿Se parece a Twilight? 2 6 Oct 26, 2013 07:46AM
Goodreads Librari...: New Cover Edition - Can You Merge? 3 20 Jul 04, 2012 09:39AM
The Sequel Is OUT!! 1 14 Apr 04, 2012 06:51AM
My Vampire Book O...: GIVEAWAY: YA Book Filled With Vamps 1 10 Jan 14, 2012 09:52AM
Paranormal Romanc...: GIVEAWAY: YA Paranormal Romance 1 14 Jan 14, 2012 09:48AM
  • Kindred (The Kindred, #1)
  • Dangerous (Element Preservers, #1)
  • Raven (The Raven Saga, #1)
  • Redemption (Redemption, #1)
  • The Watchers (The Watchers, #1)
  • A Chance for Charity (The Immortal Ones, #1)
  • Insight (Insight, #1) (Web of Hearts and Souls #1)
  • The Medium (Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Trilogy #1)
  • Tempest (Destroyers, #1)
  • Bound (Arelia LaRue, #1)
  • BlackMoon Beginnings (Prophesized #1)
  • Evolution (Evolution, #1)
  • Savor (Warm Delicacy, #1)
  • Enchantment (Channie, #1)
  • Gravity (Gravity, #1)
  • Amethyst  (Guardian, #1)
  • Night Marchers (Night Marchers, #1)
  • Stained (Stained, #1)
Kaitlyn Davis is the bestselling author of the Midnight Fire series, a young adult paranormal romance, and the A Dance of Dragons series, a young adult epic fantasy.

Kaitlyn graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Johns Hopkins University with a B.A. in Writing Seminars. She's been writing ever since she picked up her first crayon and is overjoyed to finally share her work with the world. She currently lives
More about Kaitlyn Davis...
Simmer (Midnight Fire, #2) Blaze (Midnight Fire, #3) Scorch (Midnight Fire, #4) The Complete Midnight Fire Series (Midnight Fire, #1-4) The Shadow Soul (A Dance of Dragons, #1)

“No point to live if not dangerously.” 8 likes
“Now she saw them differently, not icy but deep, like a pond on a calm day when the surface seems hard at first, but something as small as a pebble can drop smoothly in, destroying the semblance of steel. Kira had dropped in, broken the surface of his soul, and she didn’t know when she would reach the bottom.” 1 likes