Start by marking “Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1)

Ignite (Midnight Fire #1)

3.87  ·  Rating Details ·  6,691 Ratings  ·  458 Reviews
Alternate Cover Edition for ASIN B005U8GQT6

With one last look, one final search of the lines of his face for some sign, Kira turned and ran away from the sound of the man she loved laughing in the face of her death.

When Kira Dawson moves to South Carolina, she meets Luke, a blond goofball who quickly becomes her best friend, and Tristan, a mysterious bad boy who sends shiv
Kindle Edition
Published October 9th 2011 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Ignite, please sign up.

Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin
What do you do when you find out your whole life wasn't true?

Kira Dawson comes home to her mother, father and sister from boarding school. She's going to start going to the public school and trying to be a normal teenager. This doesn't happen. Oh, she meets new friends at school, gets in with their group. Has a little crush on Luke but he turns out to be more like a brother and she gets a crush on one of the evil misfits, Tristan. But is Tristan all that he seems? Is he really as bad as his fri
Sophia
Jul 05, 2016 Sophia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok, three times I've tried to write this damn review, and three times GR glitched and everything disappeared!

I am so angry, and don't feel like retyping everything again.

So for now:

[image error]

• Unrealistic romance
• Basically plagiarised Twilight (not that I've read it, but it seems to be...)
• Frequent grammatical and punctuational errors
• Countless clichés
• Unexpected but still boring twist

To be honest, I only read this as a break from all the heart-wrenching books I've been reading lately.
hayden
I'm really glad IGNITE was only $.99, because that's really all it's worth.

The reason I didn't like IGNITE wasn't because of the characters. I didn't care about them that much, but I didn't hate them to infinity and beyond and want to blow all their heads off with an AK-47. It wasn't because of the plot, either. It rolled right along at a decent pace, though much of it was about the romance. It wasn't because of the length -- not too long, not too short.

Then, Hayden, why the heck did it only get
Quiana
When I read the synopsis for Ignite by Kaitlyn Davis, I didn’t really know what to expect. A girl involved in a triangle with two boys seems to be the norm for a typical Young Adult book these days, partially due to the popularity of the Twilight movies and books. However, because of the book’s description, I was excited to read about a girl who had powers of her own; a heroine who wouldn’t be the typical damsel in distress, but a young female who could hold her own.

We’re introduced to Kira Daw
Jen
Oct 31, 2011 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Why has no one read/reviewed this book yet!?! Oh WOW!
I'm so grateful for Epilogues at the end of books - because Holy COW that was a bad place to end the book – but the Epilogue helped a lot it’s also a GREAT way to look forward to the next one :) Can't wait now!

This book was awesome! I love the idea! "She was a Superhuman Conduit of Sunlight - a protector against vampires that would otherwise be unstoppable. "

It's awesome to read about - Ok in the beginning we met Kira - she is home now in C
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
Thank you to Kaitlyn Davis and the Read It & Reap Review for the opportunity to read this book.

When I first started reading this book I felt like I was reading fanfic of Twilight. We have a new girl at school, a group of misfits that are vampires and a guy friend (protector) who loves her but she only feels like friends with him. It all felt like Twilight.

Then about halfway through the book it took a turn and became it's own story with a new mythology of how vampires came to be. YA is not so
Shelbye
Dec 08, 2011 Shelbye rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faves
I fell in love with this book!! I love Kira, she's so strong and follows her heart; even though she knows she could get hurt and that it's wrong. She doesn't stand down.
Then there's Luke, he's so sweet and protective. You can tell that he really care's for Kira, and that may be he might like her. He does whatever it takes to protect her and be there for her.
And then there's Tristan, I love him! You know theres something about him but you just can't help to like him. And the way he care's for Ki
Janysa
Feb 15, 2012 Janysa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nookcolor-ebook
This waz an awesome book... the romance is great
i <3 tristan. also luke.
idc wat anyone says i think luke has feelings for kira
Kathy Martin
Dec 08, 2011 Kathy Martin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What we have here is a different kind of love triangle. Kira comes to South Carolina to live with her family after years at a boarding school in New York. She has to fit in at a new school and make new friends in a place where she has only spent summers. She is quickly integrated into the group of other newcomers meeting Luke, Emma, Dave and Miles. They become friends but she is also fascinated by a group that her new friends call the Misfits. The Misfits seem equally fascinated by her and begin ...more
(I was given this book for free on a read-to-review basis.)
17-year-old Kira has been away at boarding school for several years, but due to financial troubles she now has to complete her senior year at the high school near to her parents’ house.

Starting at her new school, the last thing that Kira expects to have trouble with is vampires. But the gorgeous Tristan is just too good to resist, even if she wanted to.

The trouble is that Tristan is blowing hot and cold, kissing her one minute and runnin
Kim
This book was given to me to read and review. I must say that I was sooooooooo happy that I got on the list in time and was given the opportunity to read this. I loooooooved it! Love the characters!!! The plot is awesome!! Any book that has people fighting for their love and fighting to be together is my kinda book. Loved Kira and Tristan. I must say when I started reading it, it definitely reminded me of Twilight. The more I read it the more I thought so. Especially with Diana. The whole scenar ...more
Hydrogen Carbonate
Periods are your friend, girl! And can we for once have a girl who doesn't have to be the damsel in distress.
Sarah Dozor
Feb 18, 2012 Sarah Dozor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awsome. can't wait for the next book...there was a sample at the back and I just wanted more. ;0)
Meghan
May 19, 2013 Meghan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-books
Kaitlyn, your book was amazing!
Megan
Dec 20, 2012 Megan rated it really liked it
As much as I hate it when people compare books to Twilight, I really had no choice with this one. The beginning was so parallel I had to check the title and author several times to confirm it was, indeed, not Twilight. Keep in mind that, even though its similar, there are plenty of differences through the rest of the story. I wouldn't have given it four stars for being Twilight's twin. Here's a little (long) summary of what its about. Pretty much the whole summary is a giant spoiler, so if you w ...more
Kristin  Aragon
Dec 15, 2011 Kristin Aragon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I have read a really good YA vampire book. They have become so cliche that I often avoid them. Imagine my surprise when I picked up Ignite and fell in love with it by page 17. I emailed Kaitlyn that minute to tell her how much I was enjoying Ignite. At this point, I wasn't even really certain that the book was about vampires but I suspected as much. But hey...these vampires surfed. I loved Kaitlyn's lore surrounding her vampires. It was unique and well thought out.

Kira ma
Rachel Lightwood

Downloading freebies off of Amazon is a bit of a gamble. You have to learn to ignore the covers and most of the descriptions because you never know what you are going to get. Sometimes you are lucky enough to score a good one such as Play With Me or The Faerie Guardian. There are times though where you get a real dud such as Entangled... or Ignite. Honestly? If I hadn't needed this for a GR challenge I don't know if I would have bothered finishing it.

My problems with this was with Kira.
Sassi
May 07, 2012 Sassi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ignite ist ein typisches Teenager Buch: ein Mädchen mit unerwarteten Kräften , zwei Jungs, einer gut der andere „böse“. Kiras Welt unterscheidet sich von der unseren durch Vampire und deren Gegenstück den „conduits“ (habe das Buch in Englisch gelesen). Ein conduit kann Sonnenlicht bündeln und damit einen Vampir angreifen, diese sind gegen normales Sonnenlicht immun da es zu schwach ist. Es gibt zwei Arten von conduits, die hellblonden können Vampire nur in Verteidigung angreifen diese aber nicht ...more
Nadège Richards
First and foremost, I've been seeing so much distaste for this book and bad reviews and I literally want to tell these people to SHUT UP! Just shut the hell up!

Ignite is the first of its kind and what some have failed to see is the originality in the plot and story development. If you want an un-whiny high school student, go read an NA novel and eat some cake. YA is YA. So what if the character whines or cries? It just makes her so much more REAL.

So, back to why I loved this book so much.

I picke
Amber
Mar 09, 2014 Amber rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mo
Oct 27, 2015 Mo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Initially I was thinking the group of 4 had to be aliens lol. It felt a little like Twilight so I should have known. I'm not a huge fan of vampires but this book is different anyway. Questioning whether all vampires are evil is an interesting plot twist unlike other young adult books. I liked Tristan from the beginning, vampire or not. He seemed and still does to be the most human out of every character in the book. I liked hearing his background & finding out how old he really is. Kira was ...more
Leigh
Apr 10, 2012 Leigh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
The word I would use to describe this book is Awesome! The author does an excellent job of developing the characters and the plot. This story hooked my attention and never let it go.

Kira just move to South Carolina from New York where she was attending a boarding school there. First day at her new school she meets Luke who shows her around and introduces her to his friends. They are all relatively new to the school so they know the struggles she will face fitting in. Kira and Luke instantly bond
I really loved this book! It took me about two days to read, which is fast for me. I loved the characters. Luke was a really funny best friend and Tristan was definitely everything I love in a male lead. Kira was strong, especially with how many twists were thrown at her.

I loved the plot, too! At first, I was doubtful because the first chapter sounded a little been there/done that, but as soon as the new species was introduced, I was totally sold. I loved that there was a focus on action and th
Mandy Sickle
D.M. Kilgore
Jan 28, 2014 D.M. Kilgore rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: An Editor
Recommended to D.M. by: Book Bub
A kind of neat story concept. Good cover art on the Kindle edtion. It is in major need of an editor. Definitely has touches of Vampire Diaries and Twilight. It was just... eh. I spent most of my "reading" time shaking my head and wondering why no one hires an editor anymore. I thought English might not be the writer's first language, but after a visit to her Facebook page, realized she has a B.A. in Writing Seminars. It reads more like a middle-school aged girl's attempt at writing a vamp novel, ...more
Sara Kate
Jun 20, 2013 Sara Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-read-ya
I found this book to be very intriguing and different. I don't think I have ever read a vampire book like this before. It kept my interest and I plan one reading the second book. It's refreshing to read a book that has vampires in it but with a different twist. I love all things vampires for they are my favorite super natural beings to read about. Very cleverly writing. For some of the bad reviews, you really have to take the book for what it is worth. It's a young adult novel. Easy read and enj ...more
Justina
Dec 04, 2011 Justina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally enjoyed this book and I think it will be a really good series. Tristan is the bad boy that everyone can't help but love and Kira was a good lead character. Luke as her best friend was also a very strong likable character. I liked the premise of the story and their powers were unique which kept the story fresh. Awesome job.
K~Terror
May 26, 2013 K~Terror rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars - Left me intrigued enough to want to read the next book. I just have a hard time with insta-love so it was hard to get into it at the beginning.
Alicia
"Kira Dawson has the power to burn vampires to a crisp. The problem is, she doesn't know it yet. The even bigger problem is, she's dating one."
I liked this concept. Unfortunately, what it says on the blurb takes way too long to come about. We're halfway through before Kira learns anything. And what leads up to that is a whole lot of bleh.

This book took me a while to finish. I just couldn't get into it. Besides being nothing out of the ordinary, the over-explaining of everything grated on my ner
Liz at Fictional Candy
Jun 14, 2012 Liz at Fictional Candy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire, ya
I absolutely loved this story. Kira is the new girl at school. She is kind of a foodie, cooking for her family gives her an escape and a way to touch base with herself. She has dreams of going to culinary school – right after she takes a year off after graduation. She has curly red hair, sometimes described as strawberry blonde, and some unusual eyes. Right away at school she meets Luke, classic boy next door, All American type guy. They become fast friends, and he introduces her to the rest of ...more
Brand New Midnight Fire Anniversary Novella and Spinoff!! 1 1 Nov 01, 2016 09:53AM
Honors English II...: Book 6 Lavinder 1 2 Apr 03, 2016 02:03PM
Movie? 1 4 Jan 26, 2016 11:12AM
Is Ignite a good book ? 11 46 Jan 28, 2015 07:42AM
The Free Book Cha...: Ignite, by Kaitlyn Davis 3 42 Jan 25, 2014 01:54PM
Similar to Twilight? ¿Se parece a Twilight? 2 9 Oct 26, 2013 07:46AM
Goodreads Librari...: New Cover Edition - Can You Merge? 3 20 Jul 04, 2012 09:39AM
  • Fallen Grace (Fallen Grace, #1)
  • Raven (The Raven Saga, #1)
  • Savor (Warm Delicacy, #1)
  • Tempest (Destroyers, #1)
  • The Watchers (The Watchers, #1)
  • Kindred (The Kindred, #1)
  • Captivated (Affliction, #1)
  • Insight (Insight #1; Web of Hearts and Souls #1)
  • Breathless (The Blue Fire Saga, #1)
  • Dangerous (Element Preservers, #1)
  • Bound (Arelia LaRue, #1)
  • Glimpse (Zellie Wells, #1)
  • A Chance for Charity (The Immortal Ones, #1)
  • Leopard Moon (Moon, #1)
  • WitchBlood (Witchblood, #1)
  • Witchy, Witchy (Spellbound Trilogy, #1)
  • Rua (Rua, #1)
  • Evolution (Evolution #1)
Kaitlyn Davis, a bestselling author with over a quarter of a million books sold, writes young adult fantasy novels under the name Kaitlyn Davis and contemporary romance novels under the name Kay Marie. Publisher's Weekly has said, "Davis writes with confidence and poise," while USA Today has recommended her work as "must-read romance."

To learn more about her contemporary romance novels, visit her
More about Kaitlyn Davis...

Midnight Fire (5 books)
  • Simmer (Midnight Fire, #2)
  • Blaze (Midnight Fire, #3)
  • Scorch (Midnight Fire, #4)
  • Burn (Midnight Fire #5)

“No point to live if not dangerously.” 14 likes
“Because you, my friend, have been dropped right in the middle of a love triangle.” 1 likes