Start by marking “Fallen Leaves: A Short Story” as Want to Read:
Fallen Leaves: A Short Story

Fallen Leaves: A Short Story

2.91 of 5 stars 2.91  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Fifteen-year-old Grace Sather can't understand why her mother would want her great-grandmother to move in with them. Great-Gran hates Mom. But before Mom can talk Gran into it, Gran has a bad fall and ends up in the hospital. Now a long buried-secret is about to reveal itself.

Fallen Leaves is a short story which should appeal to readers of YA and literary fiction.
ebook
Published June 13th 2012 (first published June 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fallen Leaves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen Leaves

Gehna
3.5 Falling-Like-Leaves-And-Rain Stars!!

Falling Leave (Source: Tumblr)

Another short story by Rachel Elizabeth Cole. I recently read Miss Popularity: A Short Story by her, and I wasn't much impressed, but this book was comparatively better than Miss Popularity.

It is about a family with three daughter, a mother and a granny, and how they feel when the granny passes away. A very touching book, I must say, the only problem with short stories is that they sound incomplete, and the same thing happened with this one. It wasn't a
Holly Letson
2.75*

This short story has a little more content than Miss Popularity, but is still highly lacking. It seems strangely rushed, as though the mother in the story hated "Great-Gran" and--by association--other people that were related to her. She doesn't seem to have much time for her children, as she spends her time worrying about "Great-Gran", and doesn't really seem to feel all that saddened when "Great-Gran" passes on.

I didn't like how it seemed that the mother "accidentally" killed her own hus
Dee-Ann
Teetering between 3 and 4 stars. It was an interesting short story, which had me compelled, ut I needed it to be a bit longer ... what happened after the revelation from the mother.
Pamela
A compelling story about a familly quite broken by a tragedy story when the father of three girls died and leave his wife, three daugthers, and his grand mother alone.

The story takes body as the grandama enters the story. She is a very old lady with health problems sharpened after her grandchild has died.

The widow after this incident wants to take grandma to her house with the girls, but grandma does not want that, and in that thrill moment the reall story gets to unveil.

An accident, how the h
Anna Wadlow
Very disappointed. Just as I was getting into this book it was over.
Colleen Lahey
Quick short story but very well written.
Madeline
This short story is about a family whose grandma wasn't the most pleasant person to have around nor very nice to her daughter-in-law. When the grandma passes they actually miss her a bit, even if she didnt treat them all with respect & love as family should to one another. I guess it shows u that u will miss what you no longer have, even if it may not seem like they deserve it. It was a quick read.
Ann Herrick
While I felt the ending was a little abrupt, it's a nicely written story that held my attention so that I read it straight through.
Saša
Zajímavá pointa.
Kme_17
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Jasmine Stanford
Jasmine Stanford marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Bruna Acioly
Bruna Acioly marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Elyse
Elyse marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
DeAnna
DeAnna added it
Feb 22, 2015
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Pat Bayard
Pat Bayard marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Meredith Cottrell
Meredith Cottrell marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Sue Phillips
Sue Phillips marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Elsa Carrion
Elsa Carrion marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Angela Lee
Angela Lee marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Jennifer Martin Rowland
Jennifer Martin Rowland marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Rachel Elizabeth Cole writes a mix of genres, from heartfelt literary and women’s fiction, to laugh-out-loud chick-lit, to quirky contemporary middle grade fiction. Her short stories have appeared in literary magazines both online and in print, including Cahoots, Literary Mama, and Flashquake.

When she’s not writing, Rachel works as a graphic designer specializing in book covers. Her favourite seas
More about Rachel Elizabeth Cole...
The Rabbit Ate My Homework The Perfect Ring: A Short Story How to Cook Up a Disaster Miss Popularity: A Short Story Caring For Lily: A Short Story