Start by marking “Naked Brain” as Want to Read:
Naked Brain

Naked Brain

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  16 reviews
They murdered Duke Nolan’s family…
They stripped his brain naked…
They should’ve used a bomb…

A black hole forms at the Pentagon; thousands of airplanes drop from the sky; Earth’s core obliterates New Zealand; and a blizzard strikes Vatican City in mid-June. Things are about to get a lot worse when it’s all-out war between God, the US military, science, evolution, an alien ci
Published July 16th 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Naked Brain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naked Brain

Tasha
I received this book free from Goodread's first reads.

The author signed this book for me and included a quote "All truth begins with an open mind." I wholeheartedly agree with this quote. I tried to read this with an open mind or rather a "naked brain." Unfortunately I couldn't read it with no brain at all.

I read a lot of sci-fi, fantasy, and paranormal books and usually have no problem suspending belief, but this book just asks too much. Hunt mixes science and religion which I have no problem w
William
I received a signed copy through a Goodreads giveaway.

This is a very ambitious book; actually, too ambitious in my opinion. The author attempts to mix science, geopolitics, alien civilizations, and religion into one epic thriller. Unfortunately, he doesn't quite pull it off.
Susan
Jul 24, 2012 Susan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Susan by: Goodreads Advance Reader Program
Surprise in the mail yesterday: a signed copy of Naked Brain from author Michael Allen Hunt via Goodreads.com First Readers Program, with the inscription which advised that "all truth begins with an open mind."

Somehow being thus prepared, and reading that the plot includes a black hole appearing at the Pentagon, helped me enjoy a book that did not fit the mold of what I expected.

Granted that I may give extra points to a story based in Ohio, but that really is not what makes me like this book. T
Andrew
I received Naked Brain through a Goodreads giveaway and was thoroughly interested by the general premise. I began reading with an open mind per request of the author and found enough in the novel to keep me interested throughout.

A major shortcoming of the novel was the poor character development. As we learned more about each character, I found that the information was either irrelevant, made me dislike the character even more, or found the character to be just a stereotypical cardboard cut out
Darren Davis
The Naked Brain is a fast paced, action-packed, science-fiction novel that once you start you will find difficult to put down. The reader is quickly pulled into the story and is then hurtled through the plot twists and turns towards earth’s pending destruction and mankind’s likely demise.

The premise is an interesting twist on the incongruity between science and religion. Some of the concepts defy science as we know it but that is ultimately the point of science fiction and the author does a ref
Edward H. Busse, III
NO SPOILERS!! I received a free, signed copy of this book from the author, Michael Allen Hunt, as part of a giveaway on Goodreads. It started out very strong and stayed very exciting throughout the entire story. OK - the story was not at all what I expected vis-a-vis the introduction of "God" into the story…this threw me for a loop at first. But Mr. Hunt melded it together with the science, technology and geo-politics and it made for a good read. The "God" part of the story wasn't preachy and th ...more
Shannon
Okay I have sat down with pen and paper and tried to construct a review, but I realized what the problem is this morning. It would be really hard to say why I liked this or that without giving away too much.
I am fascinated with both science and religous belief so that was a plus. I also love action which is another plus. I found the plot to be very original and for that alone I kept reading.
I could complain that the protagonist wasn't developed well but I think that was actually part of the plo
Chad
Erika
I received a signed copy through the goodreads giveaway and was pretty excited about this! This is not normally my type of book; I do not usually read books that deal with a lot of science and aliens. But this one seemed very interesting so I figured that I would give it a go! The plot to this story is quite interesting. The idea of God, his creations, and science and how those three things work together was a unique idea that I enjoyed. However, I was easily distracted and had a hard time finis ...more
Ali
I recieved this book through a goodreads giveaway.
The Naked Brain was an ok read for me. I didn't feel that the character developement was very good. I have never had a problem with God, science and science fiction being brought together in a book (King does it all the time) but I didn't get to know Duke Nolan's character well enough to really like or root for him. It was the same for the antagonist of the book, I didn't qiute hate hime enough.
This is a book that I might have to read again in th
Amber
I received this book for free as part of the goodreads first reads giveaway. This book was unlike anything I've read before. It has a good mix of elements of science fiction, religion and action. The author has a good way of detailing the action scenes and uses a lot of onomatopoeia examples, my favorite being 'ffunt'. I would recommend this book to teenagers interested in these themes, though not too young because there is a bit of gore and swearing.
Kelly Knapp
Dec 08, 2012 Kelly Knapp rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone wondering how God fits into science and armageddon
Recommended to Kelly by: Goodreads Firstreads giveaway
This book will require a second reading for me to give a well rounded review. This book and its themes are very complex. It deserves a second more careful reading.

the mix of science, God, and sci-fi is well done.

I won this book through Goodreads First Reads Program!
Jakenv
What a great read for any science fiction fan. Few may find offensive in concept well put yourself into a well written fantasy & enjoy. Author knows how to lead reader along with clear writing. Delighted had opportunity to read.
Eric Mattson
I received this book through Goodreads FirstReads
A very engaging read- never a boring chapter, and brings up many ideas about the possibility of God and the origins of Man. A read definitely worth the time.
Danielle Joy
I received this book as a first reads book and I am in awe of the author. He did such a wonderful job. I learned so much from reading this book. I think everyone should read it. :)
Hope
Sep 04, 2013 Hope marked it as to-read
**Review to follow soon**
Seth Kinkaid
Seth Kinkaid marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Figgy
Figgy marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013
Svjetlana
Svjetlana marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2012
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2012
Albi
Albi marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2012
Irene
Irene added it
Nov 29, 2012
Christina Torres
Christina Torres marked it as to-read
Robert Bellus
Robert Bellus marked it as to-read
Maxime Robert
Maxime Robert marked it as to-read
David White
David White is currently reading it
Jul 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Countenance of War (The Douglas Trilogy, #2)
  • The Unsacred Gift
  • Atlantean (Eternal Trilogy, #1)
  • Spider Brains: A Love Story
  • Slimmer: The New Mediterranean Way to Lose Weight
  • The Viper
  • River Rising
  • Matchpoint (The Matchmaker #2)
  • Spy in a Little Black Dress
  • Pompomberry House
  • You Shouldn't Call Me Mommy
  • Prepare
  • Unconscionable (Richard Coleman, #3)
  • Picture This
  • Denting the Bosch: A Novel of Marriage, Friendship, and Expensive Household Appliances
  • Filling in the Triangles
  • Beneath the Patchwork Moon (Hope Springs, #2)
  • The Walls of the Castle
5820610
Born in Fremont, Ohio, I spent most summer days jumping off the lower rock outcroppings of the Gibsonburg quarry. The water in the quarry was jade green from mining waste, and I'm fairly certain that my four sisters and I glowed in the dark on moonless nights.

In 1975, at age twenty, I packed my car with all that I owned and my collie, Brownie, and the two of us moved to southern California. We liv
More about Michael A. Hunt...