Start by marking “A Shred of Truth” as Want to Read:
A Shred of Truth

A Shred of Truth (Aramis Black Mysteries #2)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  79 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
In The Best of Evil, Aramis Black uncovered family secrets and historical conspiracies, hoping that his own dark past had come to certain resolution. But now, in the dark of night, he finds his brother unconscious and tied to a statue in Nashville’s Music Row …with the initials AX carved into his back.

A shadow from his former life has reappeared, casting threats of violen
Published July 17th 2007 by WaterBrook

To ask other readers questions about A Shred of Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Shred of Truth

Michael
Mar 16, 2009 Michael rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, read-in-2009
Aramis Black is a private detective working in Music City USA (aka Nashville, TN). In this previous novel (which is referred to early and often in this book), he tracked down a family treasure and had a variety of adventures. Now he's back, helping his brother celebrate the release of his new CD and on the trail of a new threat. This time, the connection is a bit closer to home for Black, who is quickly pulled into a web of conspiracy and deceit.

"A Shred of Truth" has its moments and I genuinel
J.S. Bailey
Feb 23, 2013 J.S. Bailey rated it really liked it
I totally love Aramis Black.

I would write a longer review, but I am sleepy and my brain doesn't want to function right now. Perhaps I will add more later when I am more awake. :)

UPDATE

Aramis Black is a man trying to turn his life around. He used to be part of an anarchist group and led a violent lifestyle involving drugs, but after a religious epiphany he decided to move to Nashville to live with his brother and start over anew.

The reason I like Aramis's character is because the circumstances
Todd Greene
Feb 12, 2008 Todd Greene rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: adults, teens
We first met Aramis Black in The Best of Evil (An Aramis Black Mystery). We learned of his dark past, his tattooed forearms a constant reminder. Live By The Sword, Die By The Sword. After experiencing divine intervention at gunpoint, Aramis turned his life over to God. He moves far away from his former life and now reads the Bible, prays, runs a coffee shop--a tribute to his late mother.

And his past came back to haunt him.

As book two, A Shred of Truth, unfolds, Aramis learns there's more past to
Philip
Elisabeth Knopp
Feb 11, 2014 Elisabeth Knopp rated it really liked it
Although I like Eric Wilson as an author, this book seemed to be kinda random in its plot. It gives you bits and pieces of clues in a random assortment throughout the book, but does it in an way that seems to be rather ADD in its prime suspect. It ties it all in rather well at the end, but it often leaves you wondering whether Aramis is hallucinating or not. It is very unrealistic in that his mom was alive the whole time and she didn’t try to contact them ever.

The basis of the book is that Ara
Melissa
Mar 26, 2008 Melissa rated it liked it
Aramis thinks long presumed dead mother might be alive. Gets sent on a cat and mouse chase. Lots of dialogue that isn't labeled, difficult to follow because I had to keep backtracking to find out who was saying what.
Lisa
Sep 24, 2009 Lisa rated it really liked it
I liked this book better than the first. The ending surprised me, and it made me think.
Nike Chillemi
Oct 12, 2010 Nike Chillemi rated it really liked it
Shelves: detective-sleuth
Same charming MC as THE BEST OF EVIL, this time trying to stop a killer, but always a step behind.
Evelyn Cooper
Evelyn Cooper marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
loisa
loisa added it
Jul 01, 2016
D.M. Hamlin
D.M. Hamlin rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2016
Nick Hendricks
Nick Hendricks rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Hannah Daffinson
Hannah Daffinson rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Heather Barbour
Heather Barbour marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Kristal Back
Kristal Back marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Scott Spear
Scott Spear marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Leslie
Leslie added it
Jun 03, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2016
Juanita
Juanita marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Lee
Lee added it
Feb 09, 2016
Karen Linton
Karen Linton rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Paul
Paul added it
Jan 21, 2016
Joy
Joy added it
Jan 16, 2016
Dan Slozat
Dan Slozat rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
SapphireFox
SapphireFox rated it it was ok
Dec 29, 2015
Dara
Dara rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Eric Wilson is a NY Times bestselling author, known for novels that explore Earth's tension between heaven and hell. He latest suspense novels are ONE STEP AWAY and TWO SECONDS LATE, ultramodern twists on biblical tales. His novelization of the film OCTOBER BABY is now avai
More about Eric Wilson...

Aramis Black Mysteries (2 books)
  • The Best of Evil

“As fallible humans, we usually slip too far over one edge or the other - all wrath and judgment or all grace and love.” 39 likes